Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

World Cup 2014

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Costa Rica thrashed Uruguay 3 to 1 in the upset of the tournament so far.. more refereeing mistakes as Mexico is denied two totally perfect goals - it might hurt them if their group comes down to goal differential.

Right now, England vs Italy. Minus some poor refereeing especially that terrible Brazil vs Croatia game, so far this is the best world cup finals ever. Can't wait to see how this game ends, three minutes in and the players are already all over each other! Can this finals possibly get any better?
Definitely upset of the tournament. I stand that the European referees have officiated the best.

I'm so happy for Balotelli to have scored 2-1 Italy. Great win for Italy.

Last game of the day. Ivory Coast vs Japan

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What did I say earlier about MLS refs? Leave it to the American ref to have what many feel is the best performance of the cup so far. Incredibly far in his decisions. He wasnt falling for any simulation...and he awarded fouls where they warranted attention.

We dont allow that diving crap in our country. Refs will either tell you to get up, or if you do fool them with your flop, youll end up fined for it. The MLS, NBA, and NHL all fine players for simulation. Great stuff.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The World Cup is rigged and should be banned. It is time for world leaders to condemn the World Cup and their satanic illuminati imagery. The referees under orders from their satanic masters determine the winners.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
The World Cup is rigged and should be banned. It is time for world leaders to condemn the World Cup and their satanic illuminati imagery. The referees under orders from their satanic masters determine the winners.
Yeah illuminati is why the Netherlands scored 5 on Spain. :crazy:

Reaction score
I love the World Cup!

Three days in and this one is proving to be so exciting and unpredictable. Much like USA 94 and France 98 - Its great to see teams really going for it with attacking verve rather than the last few competitions where teams played defensively with fear. There have been some great games so far. Who would of thought Costa Rica would of beaten Uruguay. Wow!

Its very difficult to pick a winner as there are no real stand out teams. Of course, momentum will be a huge factor as the tournament progresses but the way this tournament is panning out it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Spain regrouped from that battering against the outstanding Dutch and progressed from the group and knock out Brazil!

The hosts look shaky and defensively fragile. I feel they could be exposed against a team with more attacking class. Croatia were very unlucky in the opening game.

I have no idea who will it but if i had to take a punt it will be Argentina with Messi, Aguero, Di maria and Higuian on fire.

Long may the tournament continue to excite!

DJFear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the first round of games is over and so far it has been quite an entertaining tournament. Just two draws and plenty of goals scored. Germany and the Netherlands looked the most impressive in their first games and wouldn't be surprised if they go far especially the Germans.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just watched Korea vs Russia. Good match...very good refereeing in my view too.

An absolute howler by the Russian keeper Akinfeev led to what I thought would be a sure win for Korea. But super sub Kerzhakov takes advantage of lackluster Korean defending towards the end of the match. I think it was a rightful draw.

Moving on, I think the USA has a very good chance of advancing to the knockout stages. Portugal will be without 3 starters this weekend, so Ronaldo will definitely need his teammates to step up big. And heck, with Portugal's goal differential, a draw would be good for the USA as Im sure Germany will beat us.

In the round of 16, the second place team from Group G plays the first place team from group H. Looking at Group H, there isnt a very strong team there. And all group H teams have lower ELO rankings than the Americans...so theres a good chance of making it to the round of 8 for whoever gets second place in group G. Belgium however is ranking lower than USA in ELO, but higher in FIFA rank. However they are only a couple of spots apart. And based on what I saw from both teams in their first match, Id say there's no clear favorite in a head to head matchup.

Either way, I see the 1H vs 2G round of 16 matchup as not being a sure win for either team who makes it there. Germany is the only standout in Groups G and H, and then will certainly have the 1G spot...so theres MUCH incentive for teams in group H to win their group so they can avoid playing Germany in the 1G vs 2H round of 16 match.

PS - For those who dont know, ELO world football rankings are considered to be accurate world team rankings by most folks. People see those rankings as more meaningful than FIFA ranks.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teams like USA will never make it past the round of 16 because the matches are rigged due to political agendas. People are wising up to the World Cup. 20 years from now this archaic relic won't even exist.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
Teams like USA will never make it past the round of 16 because the matches are rigged due to political agendas. People are wising up to the World Cup. 20 years from now this archaic relic won't even exist.
No, the USA won't make it past the second round because your best player is Clint Dempsey.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adios España :cool:

pipe007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
20 years from now this archaic relic wont even exist???

No wonder this dude has an overall bad rep!! in this forum.... Most Americans have been brainwashed since young age to look at instant gratification sports. They want everything right now, and they cannot delay gratification. Yo have basketball, where teams score left and right and end up with points in the 100s at the end of the match. American sports are molded for the ADD mind of most americans.

a sport like soccer does not require having multiple scores and goals, even a 0-0 match can be very exciting just by the build up and tension that is created throughout the game, that is why you hear people going nutz when a goal is finally scored, ( all that massive tension built up is finally released). Americans with ADD like yourself would not be able to understand, you would get bored at the first 10 minutes of not seeing a goal.
this is another reason why American sports need to have commercial breaks every 5-10 minutes. Soccer game is non-stop for 45 minutes, with no commercials in between. Maybe this is a reason why it hasn't been pushed so much in American since it doesnt lead to commercials. (which is mostly why most people watch the superbowl anyway)

sad.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^???

Im American and love soccer. Im not the only American here who loves the game either. There are over 350 million people in American, and even if a small percentage of us love soccer, thats still a lot of people and more people than other smaller soccer loving nations.

Soccer is being pushed HUGELY in America now. The MLS continues to grow with 2 new teams over the next year, and ESPN shows EVERY single game of the Euros and the World Cup. And MLS games are shown all across the nation.

Meanwhile the Premier League is shown every weekend on NBC and NBC SN. They show a lot of games. And Fox shows the Champions League.

So while soccer may not have as much fans as basketball, baseball, or gridiron football...it definitely has a big following in the US. Heck 70,000 sold out a stadium in Seattle to see Clint Dempsey's first game with the Seattle Sounders.

Soccer is only getting bigger in America.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
^???

Soccer is being pushed HUGELY in America now.
It's being massively pushed in every Western country at the moment.

Jaylan said:
Soccer is only getting bigger in America.
Yeah but not for the reason you're wishing for (more self/country hating hipster douchebags thinking it makes them "cultured and cool"). It's more to do with the country becoming poorer and the hordes of 3rd worlders pouring in. As a matter of fact the more mainstream it goes the more hipster douchebags will drop it from watercooler bread & circus talk.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
It's being massively pushed in every Western country at the moment.
I dont care about other countries pushing the sport. I care about the USA pushing the sport...which is a big deal considering there are 4 other big sports to contend with. In most other Western nations, soccer is either the biggest sport, or one of the top 3 biggest sports.
Yeah but not for the reason you're wishing for (more self/country hating hipster douchebags thinking it makes them "cultured and cool"). It's more to do with the country becoming poorer and the hordes of 3rd worlders pouring in. As a matter of fact the more mainstream it goes the more hipster douchebags will drop it from watercooler bread & circus talk.
Lmao...shame you have no evidence or facts to back this silly assertion up.

Soccer is being pushed because there is money to be made, and because its always been the most participated in youth sport. And that has nothing to do with "3rd worlders" when you realize the sheer amount of white kids growing up playing the game.

Companies now want to make money from showing the big European leagues, as well as helping grow the domestic league we have in the MLS.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Youre being a fvking tard here. Youre trying to say that immigrants are why soccer is growing. As someone who follows the sport religiously Im telling you thats not why its growing in America. Its growing because its the most popular youth sport (especially among young white kids), hence the term "soccer moms". And soccer is also growing because companies want to make money off of televising European leagues. The thing US Soccer officials are now trying to do, is stop young people from dropping soccer for different sports once they get to high school.

With better structure in the youth soccer system, and with more kids able to see elite soccer on tv and the internet, more kids will grow up having favorite athletes that play soccer rather than football, baseball, or basketball. Hence once they get older and wanna emulate their idols, for many kids their idols may be soccer players.

Learn your sh!t and get the facts straight before spouting ignorance. Now gtfo of the thread. This thread is for people who enjoy soccer and the world cup. It isnt for ignorant manospambot trolls.

PS - Our mens and womens US national soccer teams are made up of Americans who are mostly from middle class backgrounds. There are not poor "3rd worlders" making up those teams. So much about your theory on whos growing up playing the game and why the game is growing.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Philly the local soccer team has an average attendance of about 18,000 people. At about 95% capacity every game. That's better than the 76ers which nobody here cares about. And they are virtually all white.

I remember being one of the few Americans watching the Premier League with Irish immigrants at 3AM back in the 90s. Now we have a dozen soccer pubs with a mostly American audience full of IT guys, accountants, doctors, lawyers, engineers. Middle class and up. Basically the people who keep this city moving.

Oh, and the immigrants are still there. Which is great!

Edit: FWIW soccer is already more popular than hockey and will probably overtake baseball in popularity in a decade or so. We have immigrants but not that many. The kids love soccer!

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pipe007 said:
No wonder this dude has an overall bad rep!! in this forum.... Most Americans have been brainwashed since young age to look at instant gratification sports. They want everything right now, and they cannot delay gratification. Yo have basketball, where teams score left and right and end up with points in the 100s at the end of the match. American sports are molded for the ADD mind of most americans.
You know I like soccer too but there is a reason the NBA has taken off all over the world. You are watching some of the best athletes in the world show their stuff.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a freshmen when clint Dempsey was a senior at my highschool, I am amazed this dude is so talented cause in highschool he wasn't impressive he was just an average dude.