Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why was Mystery so pathetic in "Meet Mystery"

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I admire Mystery skills. But why was he so pathetic wanting to kill himself? It appear it was over some girl. What happen to next her and move on?

Anyone know the back story to why he broke down like that?

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystery is only human. He is not a DJ...he is a PUA. As style says "he cannot keep a LTR to save his life."

~Smooth

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth Player 056
Mystery is only human. He is not a DJ...he is a PUA. As style says "he cannot keep a LTR to save his life."

~Smooth
When I read some of his past posts, Mystery often said he love his gfs. I didn't quite believe he did but after reading that, man, he does love them.

I guess there is a gap of difference between DJ and PUA. We all should strive to be DJ not just a PUA.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed. Mystery doesn't seem to pay much attention to Inner Game. Imagine Pook with Mystery's skills...now that's so DJ its kinda scary.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marlimus
Indeed. Mystery doesn't seem to pay much attention to Inner Game. Imagine Pook with Mystery's skills...now that's so DJ its kinda scary.
Yeah really lol

Gravyboat

Don Juan
Reaction score
After reading the book, I'm pretty sure he's manic-depressive. He appears to be manic most of the time, hence the lofty goals, far-fetched ideas, and incredible skill and aggression in approaching women. But when manic-depressives get depressed, they REALLY get depressed. It's the complete opposite end of the spectrum for them.

Evangenlion

Don Juan
Reaction score
leave mystery be, he'll OD one day and we'll be left to carry on with our own.

depression is his problem, lets not talk about him, his a dieing breed.

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gravyboat
After reading the book, I'm pretty sure he's manic-depressive. He appears to be manic most of the time, hence the lofty goals, far-fetched ideas, and incredible skill and aggression in approaching women. But when manic-depressives get depressed, they REALLY get depressed. It's the complete opposite end of the spectrum for them.
I would agree that Mystery seems to have bipolar disorder (the new name for manic-depression in the DSM-IV-R).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

During his 'mania' phases, he:
-has an overly inflated self-esteem (world's greatest PUA)
-hypersexuality (tirelessly researching things like overcoming LMR)
-excessive involvement in risky behaviors or activities (sleeping with stippers :eek: )

During his depression phases, he acts like he did in the chapter 'Meet Mystery'.

In the book, Neil Strauss looked at the medication that Mystery was receiving. The drug was for treatment of Schizophrenia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia is... characterized by persistent defects in the perception or expression of reality.

I am no expert, but Mystery seemed to have more characteristics of Bipolar disorder than Schizophrenia. He wasn't interpreting reality falsely (schizophrenia), but seemed to have more of a mood disorder such the depressive lows of bipolar disorder.

Reaction score
dude i heard about that book...is it any good and I read an excerpt about a Mystery..is that actually the Mystery that posts here? that's f*ckin crazy

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HMmmm...

I hate to be the voice of negativity, but I think we can steal a person's routines without incorporating a person's negative strategies. I wouldn't worry about what his issues might be harboring. I've used parts of his material and it's already gotten me laid. I think in some weird way when I hear about a person's problems I visualize that problem and it's almost as though I am minorly affected somehow. Perhaps, I am just weak in the mind, but for this reason I never delve into these kind of depths.

locarius

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many of the characters in the PUA community are basicly losers who are trying to make up for their shortcomings. The conclusion Style makes in his book is that you must find the way to fill that hole in your life with something other than LR's and techniques.

Go buy The Game.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
since i started reading that book, i keep wondering, what if you take one decent looking guy and give him all the skills & techniques of all the guru's......WHAT KIND OF GAME DO YOU THINK THAT GUY WOULD HAVE????? pulling 10 women a day???

give him 10 minutes with a woman, and he will make her beg him for it....

2 years lather he would need a penus replacement.:(

Reaction score
Cool, now I think i mite be bi-polar.

or maybe just a hypocondriac.

most people have some sort of hole that they are trying to fill, some (like me) do it with drink or drugs or being a PUA, some do it with food or religion or collectin shyt.

as for him being a loser, id say that mystery has developed self-knowledge and used his talents to become succesful, so he's more DJ than PUA now.

Also a book needs some sort of a journey as a narrative deviceor it would just be a PU guide.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bradshaw
I would agree that Mystery seems to have bipolar disorder (the new name for manic-depression in the DSM-IV-R).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

During his 'mania' phases, he:
-has an overly inflated self-esteem (world's greatest PUA)
-hypersexuality (tirelessly researching things like overcoming LMR)
-excessive involvement in risky behaviors or activities (sleeping with stippers :eek: )

During his depression phases, he acts like he did in the chapter 'Meet Mystery'.

In the book, Neil Strauss looked at the medication that Mystery was receiving. The drug was for treatment of Schizophrenia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia is... characterized by persistent defects in the perception or expression of reality.

I am no expert, but Mystery seemed to have more characteristics of Bipolar disorder than Schizophrenia. He wasn't interpreting reality falsely (schizophrenia), but seemed to have more of a mood disorder such the depressive lows of bipolar disorder.
That's interesting. I saw that schizophrenics have a grossly disorganized behavior (i.e. dressing inappropriately). I have seen Mystery in one of David's seminars and his style is very odd! I don't think that this is a coincidence.

NINJA PIMP

Banned
Reaction score
Back in my lurking days, I remember when this scandal unfolded on ASF.

Mystery was in love with this Russian chick but things didn't work out, so he basically handed her over to Herbal, one of his roommates in Project Hollywood. Herbal was very apprehensive at first, but Mystery assured him it was okay. Apparently it was not! LOL.

[o_0]

Banned
Reaction score
yeah.. thats why you have to cheat on chicks, to not get hurt

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gravyboat

i am manic depressive and it SUCKS!
this IS my INNER GAME issue and it's soo hard not to want
to just give up during my depression states.
if he has M/D then more power to him, it takes ALOT
to overcome M/D and it's no fun at all when one
day you feel unstoppable and the next day you want to
die. just imagine how this whole scanario runs with
chicks...i'd be totally into her then i'd snap on her..
wow, tight game dude...tight game...
):

imagine getting a check for $1,000,000,000 and then getting a phone call that your family had all been burned to death in a
house fire.

now live that way and thats how M/D feels like at it's worst
):

i like Mysterys material by the way-
i seen him in the mastery series and i can sense a vulnerbility in him.He's also really feminine for being a top a PUA -so was TD..weird.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol there's no such thing as depression or bi-polar. He doesn't need meds. He just needs to 'own up', take some herbs, change his diet and be a dj and he'll be a-ok.

hehe

sorry, couldn't resist. :cheer: