Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who here does Mixed Martial Arts?

MMA Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
have any of u ever used your background as fighters to pick up girls?
Haha, when i'm with a girl layin down in her bed, and the topic of my fightin is brought up, they often ask me to show them a few moves. showing them how to mount and pull guard has had good results for me, and when i show them how to do a rear naked choke, and then start kissin their neck, it has always leaded to me showin her a few of my other moves...;)

Antarctica

Don Juan
Reaction score
MMA Juan said:
LOL, brother... I'm 21 years old, and the security manager for a shopping centre. if i can find the time to do it, you can too.
lol Alright I suppose. I actually just switched to days so my biological clock will allow me more energy/motivation to do ****. My main problem is that I live in central Minnesota. The only martial arts we have within an hour or so of my town is Karate(not interested) and Tae Kwon Do(I'd much prefer Muay Thai).

On the plus side, of the 2 official KravMaga centers in MN, I am only an hour away from both.

As for chicks liking guys who can defend themselves. I think it must go down to a subconcious level. They want someone who can protect them and their future offspring, assuming you marry(which you probably wont, but she probably thinks you will).

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There must be a local boxing gym somewhere closer than that? Hopefully? Amateur boxing is a must have in developing an mma base.

MMA Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol Alright I suppose. I actually just switched to days so my biological clock will allow me more energy/motivation to do ****. My main problem is that I live in central Minnesota. The only martial arts we have within an hour or so of my town is Karate(not interested) and Tae Kwon Do(I'd much prefer Muay Thai).

On the plus side, of the 2 official KravMaga centers in MN, I am only an hour away from both.
Good stuff bro, a bit of motivation is what ya need to get started. As for the Inside Man he's right, there should be a boxin gym close by. MMA is the fastest growing sport in the US, so i'm sure any club that teaches fighting of any sort will/ soon will start teaching MMA.

I'm from Australia, and there are fight clubs all over the place within 15 mins of each other. So i'm sure in the states there'll definetly be more...

-MMA Juan

Antarctica

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good. I never really knew where to start as a MMA base. Boxing has always been an interest though so I will have to check it out. Come to think of it I think there is a Boxing & Wrestling club about 35 minutes away, Although I am not sure what they teach.

Now all I have to worry about is not being a bum, and starting up some college lol..

Thanks guys!

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're just looking to learn how to fight and win, boxing combined with wrestling should do the job just fine.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gf is always wanting me to pin her arms behind her during sex. The other night, I put her shoulder in a key lock during sex, cranked it up, and it made her orgasm.

Wow, this is a lot of fun.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The level of bullshido is high in this thread :p. I don't do MMA but i do do Muay Thai (Brisbane representing too!). I tried a mma gym out once but didn't really like it, it had good bjj but the 'muay thai' they taught was really kickboxing and the striking training felt more like cardio kickboxing than the MT gyms i've trained at.

I don't see what the obsession with martial arts being self defense is. Do you all really get into 'street' fights that often? Most fights are avoidable, and the ones which are not they most likely have superior numbers or weapons (martial arts training means **** all in these circumstances). I definitely want to do some full mma rule fights though, might have to take up bjj soon.

Wolf116 > I'm about to start bulking up myself but am going to keep 3 days a week training. Will be using this site as my info basis, will keep you posted on how well it works. http://hypertrophy-specific.com/

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the best martial art by category...

Striking:

1. Muai Tai / Hands down best MA for learning striking, the knee and elbow is probably the strongest weapon.
2. Kyokushin Karate / Full contact no pad stuff, seriously you have to be tough as hell. Puts other karate to shame.
3. Brazilian Kick boxing / The problem is that most striking don't include both kicking and punching. Brazilian kick boxing is so much better than regular kick boxing.

Grappling:

1. Wrestling / Trains your tendons for MMA and great way to learn the ground game.
2. Jiu Jistu / All about the ground game and pins.
3. Judo / Also includes throwing and pins. Don't believe me? Just watch Fedor Emelianenko.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MMA is more of blender than a style. Though it usually breaks down into a grappling match.

Muai Tai, Tae Kwan Do, and Kyokushin Karate are the ideal striking arts. Lots of power, and devastation if they connect.

Jiujistu and Judo are very, very effective.

But MMA doesn't allow stomping, gouging, blood chokes or other effective moves. So do Krav Maga and get a taste of everything that works.

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
Rhoto said:
MMA is more of blender than a style. Though it usually breaks down into a grappling match.

Muai Tai, Tae Kwan Do, and Kyokushin Karate are the ideal striking arts. Lots of power, and devastation if they connect.

Jiujistu and Judo are very, very effective.

But MMA doesn't allow stomping, gouging, blood chokes or other effective moves. So do Krav Maga and get a taste of everything that works.
Actually it depends on what league, PRIDE fighting allowed people to stomp the sh*t out of a downed opponent. Most people use MMA for street fighting and self-defense. It's good to know how to do it and defend yourself.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhoto said:
But MMA doesn't allow stomping, gouging, blood chokes or other effective moves.
Almost every choke in BJJ/MMA is a blood choke. They are more effective and safer than air chokes.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Almost every choke in BJJ/MMA is a blood choke. They are more effective and safer than air chokes.
No they're not.

Blood chokes end the fight in 2-3 seconds. Air chokes are safer because the human brain can survive for about 30 seconds with out fresh oxygen before black out, with out blood its over faster and with permanent damage, if not death.

USMC employs blood chokes, thus...

And Nip/Tuck, I was referring to UFC/WEC rules, but thanks for the clairification. And Krav Maga is the literal definition of MMA, its a Hybrid Style.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rhoto said:
No they're not.

Blood chokes end the fight in 2-3 seconds. Air chokes are safer because the human brain can survive for about 30 seconds with out fresh oxygen before black out, with out blood its over faster and with permanent damage, if not death.

USMC employs blood chokes, thus...

And Nip/Tuck, I was referring to UFC/WEC rules, but thanks for the clairification. And Krav Maga is the literal definition of MMA, its a Hybrid Style.
Blood is what supplies the brain with oxygen, they are not seperate. If you cut off bloodflow, you cut off the oxygen, whether the windpipe is closed off or not.

How is a rear naked choke, a gogoplata, or an arm triangle not a blood choke? The cradle of your arm is used to cut off one(or both if RNC) carotid arteries, then the opponents arm or the crook of your ankle/foot is used if it is the arm triangle or gogo, respectively. Oh yeah I forgot the triangle also, cuts off both carotids with the inside angle of the leg.

A properly applied RNC can make someone go out at 5 seconds, and none of these techniques rely on cutting off air supply, but however that is an uncomfortable side effect of some of these chokes. But its not what makes you go out, its the sudden loss of blood flow to the brain. Permanent damage results only after close to a minute without oxygen, death by about 3 minutes.

USMC doesn't have anything on top level jiu jitsu, catch wrestling, or other submission artists, although they teach some variation of these chokes.
My friends in the marines didn't suddenly become amazing martial artists after they went through boot camp, but they did learn some muay thai and some chokes.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I called a Tae Kwon Do place near my house and told them that I was training mma to cage fight and asked if they could teach me anything helpful, given that I am new to martial arts. The guy was flabbergasted. "You want to fight? We teach tradition here. We can't help you." It was like I had called the knitting club and asked them to teach me how to murder people with knitting needles.

MMA Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I called a Tae Kwon Do place near my house and told them that I was training mma to cage fight and asked if they could teach me anything helpful, given that I am new to martial arts. The guy was flabbergasted. "You want to fight? We teach tradition here. We can't help you." It was like I had called the knitting club and asked them to teach me how to murder people with knitting needles.
Hahahahaha! Funny sh!t.

Disclaimer: Although i found this post funny, no disrespect to any TKD student, i respect all forms of martial arts for the discipline they teach their students.