Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who´s your idol when it comes to being a man?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Yeah, seriously. :p But I mean c'mon. He steals from homeless people, so he has to know that if he's wrong and there IS an afterlife, it ain't gonna be pleasant.
The joy of being atheist is that you don't believe in an afterlife, so you never have to feel guilty :)

Now those agnostics, gotta feel bad for them :)

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bill Jeracki or Aron Ralston are my top pics.

Zeus is also pretty bad a$$.

brain

Reaction score
Hands down, I am the coolest man to ever grace this planet!! Peter Line comes in at a distant second.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you picked REALLY really terrible role models and some of you picked some really good ones. I like the Stallone one, I didn't know he went through all that stuff...

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Sylvester Stallone

He was a nobody and went to Hollywood with the Rocky script, getting rejected over and over, but he kept perservering. He overcame a speech impediment, overcame critics who prejudged him as stupid, overcame amazing odds stacked against him, then went on to direct and act in one of the best films ever made - Rocky.

Then on the other hand, he is a guy who built and maintained an amazing physique through sheer dedication and allegedy steroid free. He gained weight for Copland, showing dedication to his acting career, then managed to get back in shape.

He has done some sh1t films, but it's his dedication to his goals that I admire. If you watch the original Rocky, you can see that he based the character heavily on himself.
Wow, didn't know all that about him. Plus he has 10x the acting ability of someone like Arnold Shwarzengignegier..?

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tyler Durden(Brad Pitt) or John McCane(Bruce Willis) as far as movie characters go.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres my pick

I dont believe in Hero Worshipping or anything like that. I believe we're all human beings and we all have flaws. But if you're talking about people who have inspired me. It would have to be Bruce Lee.

It's not just his martial arts which I find cool. It's his philosphy of life and the way he sees things. Here are several of his quotes which has really influence me in terms of my approach in my martial arts and music.

" When people talk about fighting schools they say that Kung Fu, or Karate, or this other style is the best. That is silly, and the problem becomes that the fighting style then becomes set in stone with no growth, and no adaptation, because what works well with me might not work for you"

"Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."

"Simplicity is the key to brilliance"

"Use only that which works, and take it from any place you find it. "
You know what I want to think of myself? As a human being. because, I mean I don't want to be like "As Confucius say," but under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people is different.

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(1.) I also pick clinton eastwood. this guy's plane crashed when he was in the army in the ocean and swam 3miles to land on his own will and determination. thats a realman he is not just a movie tough -guy he lived it. unliked that sissy john wayne.i remeber a poll i saw last year asking american men to name thier favourite movie star-clint eastwood came out on top. tom cruise werent even there. that show's most men want to regain thier balls but cant they can only live it through movie stars. also clint eastwood was an only child like me. you feel lucky punks.

(2.)bill gates_ what else can i say about this man? nothing he is the man.

(3.) bruce lee_ enter the dragon and the rest, you all know this guy was the real deal.

(4) arnold Schwartzenegger _ body building to mister univers to hit movies to governor of cali.

(5) my dad- worked 3 jobs to support me and my mom as a kid. and made me a hard worker. opened his own business at 22. good man my dad. dropped outta college but still made it.

one movie character i liked was marlon brando in the godfather also robert deniro. i dont really look up to alpacino. he acts gay in real life.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arnie is a good man.

Vic Mackey is a good one, despite some of the negative aspects.

James Bond.

I also respect my Dad. Even though he is an AFC, he always does what he can to support his family, keep us together, and just be a great father. :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THE_ADDMAN said:
I also respect my Dad. Even though he is an AFC, he always does what he can to support his family, keep us together, and just be a great father. :)
You earn brownie points with me, boyo. Being a great father has nothing to do with AFC-ness or not. And hell, he can't be that AFC, otherwise he'd never have had kids right? It's really cool you respect your father, too many kids don't.

I always admired my father's musculature (not in a gay way of course) and assertive manner, and his heart of gold underneath. I followed in his footsteps and was an officer during my army service. As a result I found myself a hell of a lot stronger, more confident and braver having been through the training.. I think a great many 'men' on this site would benefit from some national service. If that doesn't knock the wimp outta you, nothing will, lol.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I never. You conveniently avoided mentioning you were a Rupert mate. Tosser! Haha.

Have to agree with you about the service. There's a lot of guys here crying out for it.

Oh, by the way - Muhammad Ali. The Greatest of All Time. He has truly transcended his sport to become an icon for peace, dignity and humanity. Also, the man could box!

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
You earn brownie points with me, boyo. Being a great father has nothing to do with AFC-ness or not. And hell, he can't be that AFC, otherwise he'd never have had kids right? It's really cool you respect your father, too many kids don't.

I always admired my father's musculature (not in a gay way of course) and assertive manner, and his heart of gold underneath. I followed in his footsteps and was an officer during my army service. As a result I found myself a hell of a lot stronger, more confident and braver having been through the training.. I think a great many 'men' on this site would benefit from some national service. If that doesn't knock the wimp outta you, nothing will, lol.
Well thank you. I appreciate the kind words.

Its funny, I actually wasnt too fond of him earlier in my life.

I realized that it was feminist programming, and possibly some influence by my mother, that led me to feel that way.

Since I discovered this site and read about REAL men, and working to become one, as well as the effects of feminism, I've seen him through MY OWN eyes and realized just how hard he works for his family. (like many fathers out there who are unappreciated and unrespected), and come to love and respect him.

Which is why I'm glad I found this site and all you great fellas working toward improvement. it makes me shed a tear to think I might've gone my whole life never knowing or caring to know my father. So even if I never achieve DJ Mastery, I'll always have that inner peace :)

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bret Favre,no matter what happens he is there for his team,ready to go. Lost his dad,gave one of the best performances of his career less then 24 hours later. Look around the NFL,how many QBs go down? TONS(exception for Peyton Manning)!!!! He is there,plays through physical pain,emotional pain and is a family man!

Realistically in everyday life I "idol" any man who takes care of his family,and stays loyal to his family. That means he doesn't cheat around,always puts his kids and wife first!!! You would be shocked at how many guys these days aren't loyal to their own families.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lurker said:
(1.) I also pick clinton eastwood. this guy's plane crashed when he was in the army in the ocean and swam 3miles to land on his own will and determination. thats a realman he is not just a movie tough -guy he lived it. unliked that sissy john wayne.i remeber a poll i saw last year asking american men to name thier favourite movie star-clint eastwood came out on top. tom cruise werent even there. that show's most men want to regain thier balls but cant they can only live it through movie stars. also clint eastwood was an only child like me. you feel lucky punks.

(2.)bill gates_ what else can i say about this man? nothing he is the man.

(3.) bruce lee_ enter the dragon and the rest, you all know this guy was the real deal.

(4) arnold Schwartzenegger _ body building to mister univers to hit movies to governor of cali.

(5) my dad- worked 3 jobs to support me and my mom as a kid. and made me a hard worker. opened his own business at 22. good man my dad. dropped outta college but still made it.

one movie character i liked was marlon brando in the godfather also robert deniro. i dont really look up to alpacino. he acts gay in real life.

clint eastwood got a younger sis he aint an only child man. but glad we like the same tough-guy.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Holy Trinity - Elvis Presley, Clint Eastwood and Robert Mitchum.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ali, Genghis (Chingiz) Khan, my father, michael jordan, marlon brando, brent, russell crowe in Gladiator

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Putting all ethics aside, I have to say Hitler.

This man was a genius. He grabbed control over a country in decline, transformed it into a great power and shook the pillars of the world for 5 years before chrashing and burning. Like a real man should.