Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where are the car enthusiasts!!!!!!!

Sargeholic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I love the new Solstice, I just picked it up Saturday!

Too bad I live in Minnesota and can't drop the top for a few months...

Man, I don't get it either how y'all who are like 19 can get Bimmers, unless you spend an unhealthy amount of your income on it. Being car poor sucks, don't do it.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by racerX
My ultimate dream car is an Aston Martin Vanquish or Ferrari f430...
The F430 maybe the best all around sports car ever built. I got to drive one of those puppies in the nevada desert not too long ago (I use to work for an exotic car rental company and i'm good friends with the owner). It corners, it's blazin fast, and it's very comfortable on the inside. It's just an overall amazing experience, when you push the triple didgets you don't feel any drift at all. It's like a train, even at high speeds it just rides flat and smooth.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sargeholic

Man, I don't get it either how y'all who are like 19 can get Bimmers, unless you spend an unhealthy amount of your income on it. Being car poor sucks, don't do it.

Not all Bimmers are expensive. You can pick up e46s and e39s for well under 10k now. The same with e36 M3s. Dont even get me started on how much of a bargain regular e36s are. Im just waiting for all the ricers that have no $ to discover how cheap BMWs are getting. Im affraid of day when I start seeing euro/altezza tail lights and fart can exhausts on them.

BTW....I WANT TO SEE PICS OF THE SOLSTICE GOSH DARN IT!:)

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I too, cant beleive how cheap 10 year old BMW's & Mercedes cost. People paid $40k for a 1995 BMW & now you can buy one for $9-$11k...these people lost their azz. Cadillac's take the biggest hit. Seems like Porsche 911's hold their value extremely well. The only thing bad about picking up a used German sedan is the high parts cost...Mid 1990's Corvettes are cheap too & low parts cost. These cars are big in performance & value. I would like to get a Mercedes CL500. 2000 or 2001 model. I know they will replace that model soon & then the 2000 model will look very dated..

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gotta love bimmers
E36s are the best of both worlds. Style, Comfort and performance. They look nice and most are pretty quick....plus you get the BMW reliability. Honestly though, I would not get a 318. If you want to go fast in a strait line at all, save up the extra $ and get a 6cyl. Or possibly even an e36 M3. You can pick up nice M3s for under $10k now.

As for that other shortened version of the e36 your talking about...its a 318ti. It was a hatchback version of the e36. It was only available with a 4cyl in this country.
Yeah it's not actually the ti - these are the standard coupes, but seem much more compressed vertically. Maybe it's a semi-standard mod, or their lowered state was playing tricks on my eyes...

How economical do you find it? That's the other factor really, I could probably live with a 4 cyl with all the other good stuff they haver to offer.

As for an m3...

Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRelic
Yeah it's not actually the ti - these are the standard coupes, but seem much more compressed vertically. Maybe it's a semi-standard mod, or their lowered state was playing tricks on my eyes...

How economical do you find it? That's the other factor really, I could probably live with a 4 cyl with all the other good stuff they haver to offer.

As for an m3...
Im am little confused as to what you mean by compressed vertically. But no big deal.

Anyway, as to your question on how economical is my car?....Very. I averaged 33mpg last time I checked (plus it takes 87 octane). Insurance rates are very low for it. Parts arent as expensive as the 6 cyls. If you do your own work, the engines are easier to work on because of more space in the engine compartment. It has been very reliable. I have racked up a lot of miles on it and have had no major problems.

But, I reccomend a 6 cylinder if you want to go quick, because the 4 cyl can get boring in a strait line.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what, does nobody love muscle cars?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by reyalp
what, does nobody love muscle cars?
I like muscle cars but they're just too bulky for me to own. You have to do a ton of work on a mucsle car to give it the cornering of many other vehicles because of the weight distribution. Can't scoff at the speed though, they eat up quarter miles and don't need too many engine mods.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i drive an 88 acura integra, 235K miles baby! goin strong! haha... i dropped some audio in that tho, i'm not much into the engine performance additions but I like the electronics and audio. Threw a kicker in the back to give the lows some definition but I didn't wanna drop too much money on such an old car...

I have a part time job as a valet, and that's awesome if you like cars...

I got a BMW 645Ci the other day, and that thing's pretty damn awesome. The new vettes are cool too, with the buttons to open the doors ;) hahha

sweet shyt.

unamean

Don Juan
Reaction score
my boss has a 645ci, and i smoked him with 4 people in my car:)
my other boss just ordered the bentley gt mulliner:rockon: cant wait to drive that thing.