Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where are the car enthusiasts!!!!!!!

Reaction score
So who here is into cars? What aspect of them are you into..........Modifying, racing, shows, cruisin' the local strip, etc...or just love your car. If you dont mind saying, what do you drive?

I'll start. Im a huge car enthusiast. Been into cars all my life. I love to modify and race. I go to shows quite often and I go to a lot of local meets. I drive a 1995 BMW 318is. Its not a really fast car (4cyl model) but it is confortable, looks nice, and it corners like only a BMW can. It has a Bavarian Autosport intake, TMS chip, Bilstein HD shocks, and a Scorpion cat back exhaust.

So how about everyne else. I know I cant be the only car buff on here!!!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you spend like 1k dollars on a car that has lke 120hp to begin with giving you like 150.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe he doesnt have the luxury to afford another car so he makes the best of what he has. Its not like he is a retarded ricer, he just made it alittle better for autox i assume. You gotta love the 50-50 weight ratio in bimmers.

One of my friends races in the SCAA autox nationals. He used to have a 318 but he sold it because he is driving a evo for someone.

I really want to get a 240sx and do a sr20 swap or get a e36 m3 but I don't really have the cash to do it at the moment. Hopefully one day I can get me a project car... I just really enjoy working on cars and making them better. I grew up helping my dad fix up his cars and jeeps.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
Why did you spend like 1k dollars on a car that has lke 120hp to begin with giving you like 150.
For starters, I bough it when I was 18 and fresh out of HS so I couldnt exactly afford a M3....not even a good 325is. I had a 528e with a 5 speed but the eta engine is anemic, especially in a e28. So the 318 was a step up from that. I also wanted to get the newest car I could get with the money I had. I could have bought a e36 325 for what I paid for the 318, but it would have had higher miles which I didnt want. I got the 318 from the origional 60yr old owner, it was in flawless condition, and he had all maintenece records. Plus it only had 60k miles. This car needed nothing and it was in my price range. That is why I bought the car. Also, im more into autox then drag racing. Autox actually requires skill...not just a good launch.

And just as a side note: No, e36 318s dont have 120 hp. They have 138. Give the M42 some credit :(. Although the minor mods I have probably only bring that up to around 150, the car is still fun to drive. It handles fantastic with the bilsteins and eibachs and will eat ls1 camaros (first v8 that came to mind) in the twisties.

What do u drive by the way...?

Originally posted by Paintballguy
Maybe he doesnt have the luxury to afford another car so he makes the best of what he has. Its not like he is a retarded ricer, he just made it alittle better for autox i assume. You gotta love the 50-50 weight ratio in bimmers.

One of my friends races in the SCAA autox nationals. He used to have a 318 but he sold it because he is driving a evo for someone.

I really want to get a 240sx and do a sr20 swap or get a e36 m3 but I don't really have the cash to do it at the moment. Hopefully one day I can get me a project car... I just really enjoy working on cars and making them better. I grew up helping my dad fix up his cars and jeeps.
Yes you are right, what is why i bought the car. I could have gotten a nice civic for $5k but i'd rather have a bimmer. E36 M3s are getting down in price. If you dont mind the high mileage, you can pick them up for as litle as 7-8 grand. They are awesome cars. A bunch of my friends have them..kinda makes me jealous with my 318 :p.

As for the 240 w/ sr20 swap, I want to do one too. But I dont have the area to do the swap. Doing that is on my life's to-do list though. :D

Im in the market for a project right now. Im looking at DSMs. Preferably a 1g Talon TSi. Although they arent exactly the most reliable cars out there, they can be made pretty quick for really cheap. Just gotta keep up on the maintenence.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a car right now. Used to drive a 98 5 speed Camaro. When I purchase a car this summer, I'm going to look for an Acura Integra GS-R or a Nissan 240SX.

Being on campus, my main whip are the city buses. Mountains of torque, raaar! :)

unamean

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a 2003 bmw m3. its silver with 6 speed manual (not smg) with navi. i recently put on 19inch ssr gt3 rims with a 3inch lip in the back with a one inch in the front. full m3 csl body kit. carbon fiber front grill, inner headlight housings and side gills. soon im going to put in a active autowerk supercharger, but it really doesnt need it cuz this car absolutly flys. just the other day i hit 150 mph and it felt so solid. anyway i was planning on selling it for the new audi rs4 but i think im going to supercharge it and get something like a range rover or something to drive as my daily driver and leave the m3 for the weekend.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm saving for a Golf GTI :)

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just sold my 05' Scion tC. It just wasn't my style, though I do like japanese engineering and reliability. I'm looking to get an 01' Prelude with a Vtech engine or a Modified 01' Celica GTS. I know alot of people take isue with low torque high rpm cars but they've never failed anyone I know ,who hasn't lost their minds and spend 40k+ on modified engine parts then raced the hell out of them on weekends.

AC that's a beefy sound set up. I be your neighbors LOVE to hear you driving back to your pad.:D

Reaction score
Originally posted by unamean
i have a 2003 bmw m3. its silver with 6 speed manual (not smg) with navi. i recently put on 19inch ssr gt3 rims with a 3inch lip in the back with a one inch in the front. full m3 csl body kit. carbon fiber front grill, inner headlight housings and side gills. soon im going to put in a active autowerk supercharger, but it really doesnt need it cuz this car absolutly flys. just the other day i hit 150 mph and it felt so solid. anyway i was planning on selling it for the new audi rs4 but i think im going to supercharge it and get something like a range rover or something to drive as my daily driver and leave the m3 for the weekend.
Awesome. If i had the money, I would buy an E46 M3 in a second. Well, either that or a e39 m5, they are getting down in price now too.

Pics.....?

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How some of you barely 20 year olds afford such cars is currently beyond me.

Parental aid?

@ Gottalovebimmers - you have the car that I want!

I see them arount a bit. Thing is, i've seen the e36 coupes in wto different profiles - one of them seems really shorter vertically, if you can visualize what i'm talking about. Were different models released?

Anyway, that'll be my next car with any luck. It was a choice between something more powerful (r32, supra, any other rice mobile) or something streamlined, comfortable, and more aesthetically attractive... so e36 got the vote in this instance.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm working on a 1954 Dodge DeSoto Firedome. it had a 276cid hemi powerplant in it, but when i get back from new orleans i'm going to do a frameoff resto and drop in a modern hemi drivetrain.

although my dream would be to get a 71 charger, drop in a blown 426, and put some fat tires on the back. the DeSoto comes first though, then i'll worry about the charger :)

and i drive a couple of vehicles, i still have my 1996 Mustang (first car), a 2002 F150 which i'm using for work, and a 2000 F350 crew cab diesel dually.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
My 86 325ES is barely pushing 150 HP with the chip and intake, but it is a fun car to drive.

My 99 Corvette Convertible is more fun though.

Still want a new Z06

Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRelic
How some of you barely 20 year olds afford such cars is currently beyond me.

Parental aid?

@ Gottalovebimmers - you have the car that I want!

I see them arount a bit. Thing is, i've seen the e36 coupes in wto different profiles - one of them seems really shorter vertically, if you can visualize what i'm talking about. Were different models released?

Anyway, that'll be my next car with any luck. It was a choice between something more powerful (r32, supra, any other rice mobile) or something streamlined, comfortable, and more aesthetically attractive... so e36 got the vote in this instance.
E36s are the best of both worlds. Style, Comfort and performance. They look nice and most are pretty quick....plus you get the BMW reliability. Honestly though, I would not get a 318. If you want to go fast in a strait line at all, save up the extra $ and get a 6cyl. Or possibly even an e36 M3. You can pick up nice M3s for under $10k now.

As for that other shortened version of the e36 your talking about...its a 318ti. It was a hatchback version of the e36. It was only available with a 4cyl in this country.

Sir Lancelot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PRMoon
I just sold my 05' Scion tC. It just wasn't my style, though I do like japanese engineering and reliability. I'm looking to get an 01' Prelude with a Vtech engine or a Modified 01' Celica GTS. I know alot of people take isue with low torque high rpm cars but they've never failed anyone I know ,who hasn't lost their minds and spend 40k+ on modified engine parts then raced the hell out of them on weekends.

AC that's a beefy sound set up. I be your neighbors LOVE to hear you driving back to your pad.:D
Go with the Prelude if you can. I have a 1998 Prelude Type SH, and it is the best car I have ever driven. It's got amazing handling, and VTEC is awesome.

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think one of the best performance cars for the $$$ is the pontiac GTO. The styling is a little bland, but 400 hp, leather interior & a 10 speaker Blaupaunk stereo, all for $31k fully loaded & optioned is a steal! Chrysler 300C is a cool design too. My ultimate dream car is an Aston Martin Vanquish or Ferrari f430...