Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do in a situation in a retail store..

Jay Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
danielzxc said:
No man, I was wondering whether you had anything specific in mind. Any idiot could have figured out the "talking" bit. (You'll notice in my posts I always try to give specific advice, not just generic kbj crap.)

That's not even remotely true for me. With "context excuses" I don't have any problem talking at all (fwiw, I think I'm pretty good at chatting). It's approaching someone out of the blue that I choke on. I "know" it's okay to just go up to a stranger and just talk, but I have a lot of trouble getting myself to do this.

Are you for real man? Maybe when I'm 40 I could say stuff like that. For now, that just sounds so gay man I'm rolling my eyes just reading it.

Do you actually go around saying "That's a unique necklace..." to chicks at checkout counters? I'm not against using something they are wearing to comment on, but this particular way of saying it... lol, that's not me at all.

Or even better (ie worse), "How about this weather we've been havin' eh?", like I'm some old farmer. How old are you man? You should say who your advice is directed to. Most people on here are trying to pick up 18-22 year olds. I can just imagine some little 18yr old groaning inside her mind at "how about the weather". You wanna talk weather, you say something like "fkkn hot today or what?". That would go down way better with your typical 18yr old than "how about this weather".

I did notice in one of your posts you said you hadn't had a girl in your good ol commodore for years.... I was trying to help you out some, no need to call me a KJ (hmmm), an idiot and gay...

If you don't like my advice don't use it, you are obviously way beyond me when it comes to this stuff.

attraction.

Good point. I stated that badly, nothing wrong with picking up a checkout chick... I just notcied a lot of dudes seemed to be focussed on some girl they talk to in shops and I'm trying to encourage dudes to break out into happier hunting grounds.

Props to you for pulling off some closes with them... something I've never done.

JJ

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What did u expect jj? You post advice on here, expect it to be critiqued -- and when you talk down to people while giving it, yeah, expect a little bit back at ya.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
The "AFC" only looks bad because that chick wasn't into him. Let's face it, we all laugh at embarrassing moments (America's Funniest Home Videos, YouTube, you name it!) For some reason, WHO CARES!!!!, she just wasn't feeling his opener. If she were interested in him, that may have been all he needed to say to get a conversation going and leave with her number.
Solid. Remember, he gave it a chance, whoever it was above me said that he decided NOT to give it a chance, assuming he'd look bad.

Point to Ponder.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tricky to make any impact on the first meeting. Remember that these chicks are at work and need to keep things moving, plus they are watched by cameras all the time.

What I'd suggest is for this dude to return to the same supermarket a few times and build rapport with this girl. Plus this is where ****y and funny really becomes useful.

I say things like "Hey aren't you a manager of this place yet? What's wrong with you?" or "OK I am going to time you by stop-watch...Hmmm six minutes? You can do better than that!" Or "So, do I get a discount for being the best looking and coolest customer in this joint?" Or pick up a gossip magazine and make fun of the celebrities, "Wow check out this photo of Britney...looks like she's been up all night tending to a sick goldfish!" Yadda yadda.

One thing I'm planning to do is buying Monopoly money and pretend to use it in shops when an HB is serving. :D

She is going to look like a slvt if she gives out her number with other customers watching. Now, I've never picked up a checkout chick (I prefer girls older than 16), but the best times to flirt with them are when it's not busy. The trick then is knowing what shift they are working.

If you can't return regularly, I say just go C&F like a thing possessed and see if you get IOIs. In a club if you don't get IOIs then you won't tend to number close anyway. Same for a supermarket.

If you can access a copy of The Game, read the C&F chapter written by Zan about his waitress C&F routine. I think this could be adapted to checkout chicks easily.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Docs said:
Guess what I did at 3am? I wasn't tired (because I was on and off sleeping all day). I went to the grocery store to get food. It just so happened that one of the beauties was working.

What'd I do, I hit her up. Talked to her about how boring her shift is, sleeping, my work, and I asked her to walk me to the door. She says she'll get in trouble, and I just look around, bluntly noting that there's no one around and held out my hand. She took it (omg, naughty! :rolleyes:).

Point is, I sarge for my fun, and also to enlighten someone's day (or night). That was probably the most interesting thing that happened to her all night long, no one expects a night shift to be anything interesting, so thus, I have full attention and I controlled the outcome.

And you keep doing it. Re-establishing rapport, and building up on it. Eventually, you'll close.

But as I said, I do it for fun. I don't do it for the sole purpose of getting the number, that's a side bonus. There's a big difference between those who sarge to pick up, and those who sarge because they like to have fun and don't care about the outcome.
That's ALL there is to it.