Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the best fighting style? Lets settle this once and for all

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I think is the best, and what I do myself, is i learn a mixture of 2 or 3 different styles, and combine them all into my own style.

Laterz....

Deus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually SERIOUSLY considering taking this coarse, It'll take me roughly a year getting the cash, but hopefully, I'll get there!!
http://www.worldlinkedu.com/martial_arts.html?OVRAW=chinese%20martialarts%20institute&OVKEY=martial%20arts&OVMTC=advanced

For me, a mix of Krav maga (learned in the army...) and Tae-kwon-do combined with years of getting assaulted in the streets has given me the spirit to get through a good street fight...

Nowadays, the only thing I have to fear, are these little morons (aged around 18) who don't know who I am, nor who my mates are. But they learn, I just hope they learn before I get a knife in the back....

//Deus

tigre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deus
For me, a mix of Krav maga (learned in the army...) and Tae-kwon-do combined with years of getting assaulted in the streets has given me the spirit to get through a good street fight...

WTF taekwondo?!! lol thats for 11year olds. taekwondo is about the weakiest/g@yest fighting style in the world, with their weak ass fancy kicks and their retarded punches. Taekwondo kicks hit the opponent with the upper part of the feet and you can break your ankle like that plus those kicks are just straight up fantasy kicks that will never work in a real fight.

Deus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tigre
WTF taekwondo?!! lol thats for 11year olds. taekwondo is about the weakiest/g@yest fighting style in the world, with their weak ass fancy kicks and their retarded punches. Taekwondo kicks hit the opponent with the upper part of the feet and you can break your ankle like that plus those kicks are just straight up fantasy kicks that will never work in a real fight.
Eh, that kinda depends on the degree in it... The three kick technique works wonders.... even if it's for "11 year olds."... Kick at the side of his knee, using your toes... *snap*. Followed by a quick kick with the same leg, in the kidneys, he bends down, and a swift third kick to his temple and it's all over....

//Deus.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over 85 percent of all Fights:

Take to the ground.

Do a google search on MMA (Mixed martial arts) and learn why MMA is more advantageous.

Sayno

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Over 85 percent of all Fights:

Originally posted by SAYNO
Take to the ground.

why why WHY????!!!!

why would you purpously take someone to the ground? you want the ground to be your LAST resort....you know, you wont always be fighting on nice soft mats that keeps your head from breaking in the street. also if your on the ground you can ONLY fight one person at a time, if a second dude comes in and you already have your head and arms tied up on the guy that youre trying to take out, youre going to end up getting knocked out by the second guy if there is one.

BJJ, yes very very good martial art, i practice it, but in my opinion overrated, because everyone wants to take a street fight to the ground. if you have a throw down, that youre a little star at doing it, never get countered and you always take the guys down and you end up in the dominant side, then yea thats good. but unless you have the throws to back up your BJJ, i wouldnt think about depending on it as my primary way of self defense.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go Back And Read MY

Post!

I never said that this was my method of fighting are my main technique. I was simply stating the facts.

I don't know how many "real" fights you've been in, i've been in at least 20 in my lifetime and most all took to the ground. Most all true martial artist's know this, and the fact that you don't shows me that you don't know what the hell your talking about. I didn't say practice, brazilian Jujitsu to the detreiment of others.

MMA is a combination of boxing, kickboxing, brazilan jujitsu, wrestling, and grappling.

What dojo do you train in?

Sayno'

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Go Back And Read MY

Originally posted by SAYNO
Post!

I never said that this was my method of fighting are my main technique. I was simply stating the facts.

I don't know how many "real" fights you've been in, i've been in at least 20 in my lifetime and most all took to the ground. Most all true martial artist's know this, and the fact that you don't shows me that you don't know what the hell your talking about. I didn't say practice, brazilian Jujitsu to the detreiment of others.

all i know is that you want to end a street fight as FAST as you possibly can. All im saying is that even the guy that might know his BJJ might get reversed in the ground, or after you take them down you end up in an inferior position. It has happened to me plenty of times....where i get the guy down, get points and then hes in a better position and it might be easy for him to submit me. Maybe im overestimating what the ordinary person might be able to do, but its better than underestimating what your opponent can do.

Ive been told i have a good right hand, and i believe i have a good straight right, which gives me even more confidence to use that in a fight. it ends the fight quickly and how i want it to end. best fighting style in the world in my opinion and nobody can tell me otherwise, unless i change my mind.

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
Street fighting is variable

It is my opinion that there is no "Best" or all inclusive fighting style for STREET FIGHTING or no rules fighting.

I have done Ju jitsu and am currently studying Muay Thai. Both have apporitate aplications and also disadvantages.

For street fighting there is a "formula" it goes,

Balls i.e courrage + Aggression/speed + mucle/size/fitness Divided by number of opponents.

This means Bigger, badder, stronger wins.

For ring sports highly trained ju jitsu wins, second is muay thai. Ju jitsu is practially usless unless its trained to perfection, but when it is it is the ultimate fighting style.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TTom
www.bullshido.net

Ashida Kim is an awful, awful man. Though you can buy a "certified" black belt from him, which is kinda' funny.
I wonder how much of his bio is true. That picture of him unmasked. He doesn't look asian to me at all.

The thing to do is get your hands on a copy of Count Dante's Worlds' Deadliest Fighting secrets. You might be able to buy it here

But That 10,000 dollar challenge of his is even funnier. And his official **** list! :crackup

Last edited:

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Over 85 percent of all Fights:

Originally posted by undesputable
why why WHY????!!!!

why would you purpously take someone to the ground? you want the ground to be your LAST resort....you know, you wont always be fighting on nice soft mats that keeps your head from breaking in the street. also if your on the ground you can ONLY fight one person at a time, if a second dude comes in and you already have your head and arms tied up on the guy that youre trying to take out, youre going to end up getting knocked out by the second guy if there is one.

BJJ, yes very very good martial art, i practice it, but in my opinion overrated, because everyone wants to take a street fight to the ground. if you have a throw down, that youre a little star at doing it, never get countered and you always take the guys down and you end up in the dominant side, then yea thats good. but unless you have the throws to back up your BJJ, i wouldnt think about depending on it as my primary way of self defense.
It's a statistical fact that most fights go to the ground at some point. Whether it be a street fight, or UFC, eventually most contests end up on the ground.

If all you're good at is striking, when someone takes you down, you're pretty much out of the fight.

I boxed for 2 years in the USMC. I had a record of 35-2 33 KO's

I lost my first two fights, then proceeded to win 35 in a row. Boxing is a great sport for conditioning, and endurance, but I'm not sure if it translates well to street fighting.

Before I got into boxing, I got into a few street fights and won them easily. I'm a big guy, and possess a lot of physical strength. It's not necessary to be big and strong to win fights, but it helps.

I also was a state wrestling champion at Heavyweight in High School. I think the ability to strike hard (Boxing) combined with grappling techniques (wrestling) is a great combination.

By and large, the more you fight, the better you get at it regardless of your fighting style.

P.S. All these techniques have their merit, but don't be surprised if you get your ass handed to you by a guy with none of these skills, but is an experienced street fighter. Some times just wild swinging is the best technique. DON'T FIGHT UNLESS YOU HAVE TO.......

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Over 85 percent of all Fights:

Originally posted by jprjrjr

If all you're good at is striking, when someone takes you down, you're pretty much out of the fight.

I boxed for 2 years in the USMC. I had a record of 35-2 33 KO's

I lost my first two fights, then proceeded to win 35 in a row. Boxing is a great sport for conditioning, and endurance, but I'm not sure if it translates well to street fighting.

I also was a state wrestling champion at Heavyweight in High School. I think the ability to strike hard (Boxing) combined with grappling techniques (wrestling) is a great combination.
I agree with your whole post.

Maybe im biased towards boxing and i also think i have a complex of fighting on the ground because im 140 and all the other people that i used to do jui jitsu with outweighed me by at least 30, and sometimes even up to close to 100 lbs. I rolled with them, i was never afraid or said no, but they overpowered me, outsized me, they had about the same experience or more, and i would most often end up being submitted or in the inferior position all the time.

Then ive also sparred pretty heavily with guys that weight 200+ lbs, yea their punches would pack a whole lot of mass and power, but i have a tough chin, and my fast foot work and punches are a good combination and i avoid a lot of their heavy shots. And my punches would rock them more than youd think, especially when theyre taller and its easy to get them in their body. A couple of times id be throwing punches upstairs, and then quickly switch down to hooks to the liver and kind of uppercuts to the solerpleux...that works awesome. Ive taken out a guy that was 220 lbs like that. We were sparring but we were allowed to go for the body, however we would liked to.

I also happened to come across a streetfight yesterday, and these two guys were ready to fight. One knew how to box, he put his hands up and the other guy didnt, the guy that put his hands up first, quickly and with a lot of balls, put in a BIIIG right hand....the guy just fell down and he was bleeding like a *****, he was out for good, no matter how much he would have liked to come in again, he couldnt have. how long did the fight take? just the time it took for the right to reach its destination point...a fraction of a second.
Balls, surprise and aggression win in the street.

By the way 33 knockouts? sounds like you have some knockout power.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Over 85 percent of all Fights:

Originally posted by undesputable
I agree with your whole post.

Maybe im biased towards boxing and i also think i have a complex of fighting on the ground because im 140 and all the other people that i used to do jui jitsu with outweighed me by at least 30, and sometimes even up to close to 100 lbs. I rolled with them, i was never afraid or said no, but they overpowered me, outsized me, they had about the same experience or more, and i would most often end up being submitted or in the inferior position all the time.

Then ive also sparred pretty heavily with guys that weight 200+ lbs, yea their punches would pack a whole lot of mass and power, but i have a tough chin, and my fast foot work and punches are a good combination and i avoid a lot of their heavy shots. And my punches would rock them more than youd think, especially when theyre taller and its easy to get them in their body. A couple of times id be throwing punches upstairs, and then quickly switch down to hooks to the liver and kind of uppercuts to the solerpleux...that works awesome. Ive taken out a guy that was 220 lbs like that. We were sparring but we were allowed to go for the body, however we would liked to.

I also happened to come across a streetfight yesterday, and these two guys were ready to fight. One knew how to box, he put his hands up and the other guy didnt, the guy that put his hands up first, quickly and with a lot of balls, put in a BIIIG right hand....the guy just fell down and he was bleeding like a *****, he was out for good, no matter how much he would have liked to come in again, he couldnt have. how long did the fight take? just the time it took for the right to reach its destination point...a fraction of a second.
Balls, surprise and aggression win in the street.

By the way 33 knockouts? sounds like you have some knockout power.
At 6'5 and 250lbs, I better have some power. Lifting weights doesn't make you "musclebound". It gives you strength, power, and flexability.

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay guys...Enough of this. You want a real answer? Then why don't you ask someone who actually has EXPERIENCE with the subject. Note: were talking about BARE HANDS fighitng. I will get into weapons fighting later.

First thing first. You can throw out all the garbage martial arts McDojo Bull****. This includes but is not limited to:

Kung Fu, Tae-Kwon Do, American Karate (Some forms of Japaenes, is actually semi-not sucky, including Kyokushin), Kun Tao Silat, Hapkido, Hapkiyoosol, and any "undefeatable!!@@1!!! systems11@@11", designed by some retard who has 19 martial arts titles, and has taught the US MARINE CORP!!"

All of the above are bull****. 100% utter, complete bull****. So please, don't start arguing to me that people who practice this crap can fight. It's ridiculous.

Next you simply visit where the NO RULES fighting ring began. Brazil. If any of you have ever seen the Brazilian Vale Tudo, you will know what I'm talking about. In the brazilian Vale Tudo, ANYTHING is allowed. ANYTHING. This is where the men are separated from the boys. Back in the day, this ring was dominated by two schools,
"Chute Boxe" and "Gracie Jiu-Jitsu". These two schools are the schools that pioneered the UFC, PrideFC, and other "No holds barred" fighting circuits. What was discovered is that to be an effective fighter you have to have certain specific skills rated in the order shown below:

1) Ground Fighting and Submission skills
2) CLOSE COMBAT clinch striking, and clinch grappling skills
3) Takedown skills
4) distance striking skills.

Basically it comes down to this:
And I want all of you mis-informed people to listen VERY closely:

95% OF ALL FIGHTS END UP IN CLOSE QUARTERS OR ON THE GROUND. If you don't know what to do when someone is on top of you on the ground, or in close grabbing you around the waist or neck, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIAT!

Another thing:
THERE IS NO "BEST" FIGHTING STYLE. There are only certain specific skills that you must master. I've already stated what those are above.

Now, there are certain styles of fighting that are BETTER than others at teaching those specific skills that you need to learn. These styles are:

For ground fighting:
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (No-Gi) and Wrestling.
When there is nothing to grab on to (no shirt, or jacket) BJJ is the most effective art on the ground PERIOD. Wrestling is the best standup takedown art PERIOD.
It's been proven over, and over, and over again in the ring.

When it comes to ground fighting when you DO have something to hold onto:
BJJ (GI) is the best ground fighting art PERIOD. Judo is the best takedown art PERIOD.

Now, I also must say that in supplement to this, you have to learn how to HIT people while on the ground, and in different ground positions such as side control, the mount, on the back, and the guard. To learn this, you simply have to take what is known as a "Mixed Martial Arts" class, or a "No Holds Barred" fighting class. You need to learn skills like "The ground and pound", and striking from side and the back.

Now when it comes to learning how to do clinch striking and close quarters combat, Muy-Thai takes the cake. There are other variants which teach the use of "illegal" moves which are also good (Illegal things like fishooking, scratching, biting, and clawing).
American Boxing is the best art to learn how to PUNCH, Muy-Thai is the best for everything else.

That simple. It's been tested over and over and over again by countless people. If you seriously think that your fighting style is better, then simply PROVE YOUR DAMN SELF. Go step into the Brazil Vale Tudo ring, and PROVE IT. Can't get to the brazil vale tudo? Next best thing is the Japanese Pride Fighting Championship. Chances are, your ass will be beaten severly by Wandelei Silva, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, or Fedor Emalienenko.

So essentially, if you want to be a complete bare hands fighter, you need to take skills from all of the following:

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Muy-Thai Kickboxing - both "legal" and "Illegal"
American Wrestling
Judo
American Boxing
Russian Sambo (not really necessary, essentially Judo)
MMA training

That's really all there is to it. Every single possible bare-hands scenario has been thought of and analyzed by the combination of these arts.

That's really all there is to it.
Now, if were talking weapons fighting, then things like
Kali FMA, US Army Knife and gun training, along with US police officer gun training will do the trick. There is also a form of Free-Fight from brazil that teaches you to use everyday objects as weapons. Another great art.

Guys, there really is no debate here. It's been documented down to a science, what the best fighting style is. And yes, this is arrogant, but if you disagree you're simply misinformed.
The best fighters in the world are CROSS TRAINERS. They don't use one art, they use ALL EFFECTIVE ARTS. (Note I said "effective". Bullshido like Kung-Fu and Tae-Kwon do is ignored).

I'm telling you this, because I get into this argument alot with people, and at soon as I show them a video from the Vale Tudo, and I say, "Can you deal with that" they shut up. Kung-Fu "Masters", Tae-Kwon do Dans, and all sorts of other poor-misinformed "Martials Arts" experts have tried their hand at the Vale Tudo. They all get their asses beat. Severly. It's f-king joke to watch it.

So if you REALLY want to learn how to fight, go to an MMA or NHB school and say,
"I want to cross train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Muy-Thai and Boxing".

And you'll learn how to fight.

Originally Posted by TTom
www.bullshido.net

Ashida Kim is an awful, awful man. Though you can buy a "certified" black belt from him, which is kinda' funny.
Bingo, this subject has been done over again, and again, and again. In fact, there's an entire FORUM dedicated to it! What was the conclusion? Exactly what I said!!

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nishbuk
95% OF ALL FIGHTS END UP IN CLOSE QUARTERS OR ON THE GROUND

we all know that stat and it's true

i have done a bit of Jiu Jitsu and love fighting on the ground

BUT

in a real street fight THE GROUND IS A BAD PLACE TO BE

maybe you mean 1 on 1 street fight ?

like i said from my experience it has never been 1 on 1 for me

most people are weak and roam in packs like dogs

they stand back and wait for the

95% of all fights end up on ground scenario

THEN THEY RUN IN AND JUMP ON YOUR HEAD WITH THEIR BIG BOOTS

i have been punched in the head alot and in a full on street fight i can take alot

but you get on the ground and let some people dog shot you with a kick to the head

WAY WAY WORSE

i have had chicks in gangs kick me in the head when i was on the ground fighting with other guys

there were so many people kicking me in the head and body i swear man it was like a Rodney King beating

A TIP FOR GETTING STOMPED ON BY 30 GANG MEMBERS :

move as quick as possible. fast erratic movements.

don't let them line their kicks up. make sure they just kicking you like a soccer pass not shooting for goal kicks.

the person or persons you are fighting on the ground

try and use their body as a shield between you and some of the kicks while you are fighting them

F*CK EM UP FAST AND GET OFF THE GROUND

you can duck and weave on your feet alot easier

also when you on your feet all the cowards who took free shots alot of them stand back because they don't know who your target will be

as a coward they don't want it to be them so they'll step back until the bigger dogs get you in a position where you can't fight back

you gotta be fit enough and with enough stand up skills to take those bigger dogs out

boxing and kick boxing is good

on a side note i really think actual full contact sparring and boxing competition is good

most be people never been in a REAL LIFE OR DEATH fight

getting over the fear of being hit in the face is a big strength to have when you are fighting and boxing gives you that mental edge of knowing getting hit won't kill you

THINK FIGHT CLUB

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**