Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is Love?

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is love? How do you know you have it? How is love different from infatuation or one-itis? Does love really exist? If it does exist how can it subside if you feel so good about each other, how could this go away?

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The formula for true love is:

1. Intimacy (Friendship)
2. Passion (Sexual attraction)
3. Commitment (Loyalty)

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsession

Usually its obsession. I think you care for someone and are lyal to them, initially you are attracted, etc. TRUE LOVE? The benevolent love we seek does not exist, I have never felt it. I thought I did, got hitched, same old story.

Children, you marry a woman, you are number 1. You have a child, you become number 2...and so forth down the line. Thing is, you feel pretty much the same way anyway. I would die for my kids.

So, in short......infatuation, caring, loyalty etc.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ( . )( . )
Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another.

H. L. Mencken
Great quote.

Anyway, I had this discussion with someone earlier today, in fact. And I came to the conclusion that LOVE for men is the perfect recipe for disaster.

What is Love? It's an emotional tidal-wave that society says you should fall victim to and let dictate your actions. Why else do people do moronic things when they're in love? They're not thinking.

Hollywood made love. Romance novelists and women that produce "family programming" created this drama.

Men thrived with women for thousands of years without this notion of love playing such a major role in their lives.

I say ditch the ideal that love is this wonderful end-all of emotional struggles and come to the understanding that there are great women out there that are fun, sexy and not a pain in the ass. But when you see them, you stand your ground as a man and don't get taken advantage of... that's it. Enjoy the short amount of time you have on this planet and don't fall for the contrived expectation that love awaits all men (and women) at some time or another.

t00dumb

Don Juan
Reaction score
there are many levels of love of course you're referring to your wife/significant other heh.

love is a disease and if ur lucky, may find it incurable.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
luvmyarmyman?

Not another chick is it? God, Penkitten etc..

Turncoat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I said it before and i'll say it again..

...Love is a trick nature plays on us to continue the species. Being in love produces chemicals akin to mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and mania (high doses of serotonin and high amounts of dopamine respectively).

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
see the funny thing is that I consider "Love" to be the one thing evolution has encoded into us as the LAST LEVEL of defence.

Meaning, that evolution has us believe that guys are to be the ones who spread their genes everywhere they can and that women are the ones who are selective. As a tactic.

If you look at it from an evolutionary standpoint, then it can make sense.

The thought that if you procreate as much as you can, that eventually you'll create a number so high that the likelyhood of your genes surviving is pretty high.

Now of course there are more complex things at work, but essentially if you feel ready to settle and raise "one batch" of your offspring, then you'll want to find a suitable mate to do so. I mean, that if you want the highest chance of having your genes survive, would you not seek out the best person for the job to help you do it? I know I would.

This may all sound really complicated and unlikely, but I think that's why it makes sense. I mean far too many times people will try to logically define something that simply cannot be placed into logic. David DeAngelo is always saying that attraction isn't a choice and he's right. How many times have you heard someone say "I don't know what they see in him/her!"

I feel that love doesn't make any sense and that sometimes dating leaves me thinking that there's something I'm not getting. That there's more to what is going on, but that I'll never be able to understand it if all I ever do is try to make sense of it. That in the end maybe none of it makes any logical sense and never will.

Maybe "love" is natures way of getting two people to settle down and raise children. That in the end what better way to ensure the survival of our children (genes) than to be the ones that nurture, guide and protect them.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
Love is biochemicaly no diffrent to eating large quantaties of choclate.

Love si for weak people so they have soemthing to belive in.

Ninja out

selfmademob

Banned
Reaction score
What is love
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
no more
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
no more
What is love

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

1. Intimacy (Friendship)
3. Commitment (Loyalty)

that is pretty much 100 percent there.

forget why chemically you feel that way...if you have those things your there.

Love is biochemicaly no diffrent to eating large quantaties of choclate.
im sure you dont tell your gf this.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21

1. Intimacy (Friendship)
3. Commitment (Loyalty)

that is pretty much 100 percent there.

forget why chemically you feel that way...if you have those things your there.

im sure you dont tell your gf this.
You're sure are you? well you are sadly mistaken my GF knows my viwes on LOVE. It doesn't exist its just a word made up by mankinds overwhelming desire to belive in something.

Ninja out

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love a good bit of sex now and then. Am I a loser for loving something?

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're sure are you? well you are sadly mistaken my GF knows my viwes on LOVE. It doesn't exist its just a word made up by mankinds overwhelming desire to belive in something.

so this would mean ur a pretty stale non passionate person?

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
so this would mean ur a pretty stale non passionate person?
Passionate to me means me being able to have and share powerful emotions which I can do better than most. So I am not a "stale" person personally I can’t see how not believing in Love makes a person any less passionate. I can control my passion I don’t let it control me I don't let my physical/mental desires take over my life.

To you passion is being dominated by powerful emotions I.E LOVE. Don't deny it either I could back up this point 20 times over, you let love dominate your thoughts, desires and your life in general that is the difference between me and you. You let you're passion consume and control your life. Ihave control of my passion.

Therefore the only conclusion that can be drawn is that you are the weaker person.

Ninja out

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Passionate to me means me being able to have and share powerful emotions which I can do better than most. So I am not a "stale" person personally I can’t see how not believing in Love makes a person any less passionate. See I can control my passion I don’t let it control me I don't let my physical/mental desires take over my life.

maybe so..and your limiting yourself from the greatest emotions of them all.

why Im not sure....but whatever floats your boat.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
maybe so..and your limiting yourself from the greatest emotions of them all.

why Im not sure....but whatever floats your boat.
Have I or have I not warned you about making assumptions?

I am not limiting my self of anything. I do not limit my self I learnt a long time ago that limitations are useless all they do is hold you back. I will most likely in time have very strong feelings for my GF and i am open to that. But it won’t be love because love like I have said time and time again is something the human mind creates to give life meaning much like religion.

You are a prime example of a weak person that has nothing to look forward to in life so you create this thing called "Love" to give you're life purpose. You have been going out with you GF for 3 months and about 1 month ago you said you loved her. 8 weeks or less it took you to come the conclusion that you loved her?

Now I don’t want to argue this point anymore because it will never end. I am happy for you man I really am. All that really matters is that you are happy right now you got a GF that you think you love that’s great no it’s better than great it’s FANTASTIC.

The only thing I ask of you is to stop preaching this love bull**** to me I don't want to hear it understood.

Ninja out