What I learned about DJing (and life) while fighting in martial arts

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Jakethesnake,

We all know alot of cool things come from Asia (martial Arts, Chinese tea, food, rugs, Yoga..history..etc), no one ever said they did not. MOST people know China had the first government and civilization. By the way, what are you Korean?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The few... the proud. Yes, I am.

Btw, I was just kidding about the Asian thing. I'm not really into martial arts that much. I was just a bit bored... :D

jose

Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't get it bmw, you would just go to school and beat up people? maybe this is an analogy that you are using for your point, but I don't believe that you would go to high school and beat kids up and get beaten up with a 7:3 ratio.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
The few... the proud. Yes, I am.

Btw, I was just kidding about the Asian thing. I'm not really into martial arts that much. I was just a bit bored... :D
My gym is owned by Koreans and they also have a martial arts studio. Master Kum Sung is high up there on the blackbelt list.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent... does that gym offer any taekwondo classes? Are you in any?

Toke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe its called a dojang in TKD. But that there is about the extent of my knowledge on TKD.

I started training in Shotokan Karate about 4 months ago. Just got my yellow belt this week. My main goal was fitness, secondary goal was to become a good fighter.

I'm already in love with the sport. But its definately a sport that a lot of people give you strange looks for. But if they saw the pecs I have forming because of it, I think they'd know why I keep going back *grin*

But really, my dojo is the only place I have peace of mind. When I'm training, my mind is on training and training only. I'm not thinking about the girl who just stompped all over my heart, or my upcoming exam/test/whatever. I'm purely there, training.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jose
i don't get it bmw, you would just go to school and beat up people? maybe this is an analogy that you are using for your point, but I don't believe that you would go to high school and beat kids up and get beaten up with a 7:3 ratio.
the approximate 7:3 ratio I referred to was in the dojo, not in high school. I didn't start karate until 3 years after graduating H.S.