What every skinny guy should know...

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to work out and get a big physique, go for it.

If you're skinny and you'd rather hone your musical and intellectual abilities, do that instead.

Or do both. Whatever.

Point is, being a musclebound fella will not seal your game. Conversely, being skinny will not kill your game.

I'm skinny (5'11, 155) and I do not have trouble with women because I have my life and priorities in order. I routinely end up with extremely attractive women based on the sum total of my attributes.

I dress well, I do well in life, and I do more today than I have yesterday. Produce results and you will never have trouble.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with the above post

also. the biggest misconception people have is that once you beef up the girls start comming.. it dosnt happen like that.. even if you get the feeling that the girls are more attracted to you after beefing up. its all because of the confidence you just aquired from bullking a confidence you had in you all along even without bulking up.

sedaty

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm from Germany, so my english isn't PERFECT.
Of course I'm able to understand the most, but not the "high language".

So can somebody tell me if the books by Anthony Ellis are easy to read?? Because I'm going to buy them.

THANKS!!

Satori

Don Juan
Reaction score
Joel, I would check out the health and fitness forum and perhaps post your plan there if you haven't already.

I'm not really experienced with this yet but I've been trying to get bigger this summer. So far I've gained a few lbs, at least. It seems like swimming frequently would be counterproductive since it would burn calories, and gaining weight means you must consume more calories than you're burning off. Also, most people say you should eat about 1.5 g protein per lb, while I've been told that to really see significant gains you should eat 2 g per desired weight.

misterethoughts

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! This is so true. I remember when I was 160, I was attracting ugly/fat girls. Now i am 185 6'0 I am getting some cute and above average girls. Pook, amazin!

Made.To.Be.Great

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm skinny, but hot girls are all over me anyways... they love my style, my face (especially)... I'm still tryin' to gain weight tho...

...but mostly because I want to gain even more respect in the businessworld.

carryout kid

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's all about finding balance and gaining confidence. when i was with my last girlfriend i weighed 210 and was 6'-2". well, i wasn't fat but i wouldn't have called myself fit or muscular either. so after the breakup, i lost 25 pounds quick, and it's been off now for 7 months.

now, being 6'-2" and 185 feels pretty good to me. i've been working out some as well, so i have gained a lot of upper body musculature. my gut is gone, my chest is no longer flabby, and my shoulders and arms have some definition to them. sure, i'd like to put on some more muscle, but i don't want to be 210 again.

people have told me i look better or whatever, but i don't know if it's all that noticable. i mean, 25 pounds seems like a lot of weight but on my frame i'm not so sure about it. but i feel tons better about myself and i think i'm now allowing myself to see more attention from girls.

so do whatever makes you more confident, that's the real key. it's all about what's inside, as cheesy as that sounds. it's about how you feel about yourself, because that's what girls read when they see you. working out can't hurt, but there's most likely still going to be tons of guys more ripped than you. nothing's a sure bet.

Dingus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I have you beat. I'm 6'3" and 155 pounds on a good day. I know I can gain weight because I was once up to 170 back when I was getting into lifting. I hope to get back into that pattern. I felt amazing.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dingus
I think I have you beat. I'm 6'3" and 155 pounds on a good day. I know I can gain weight because I was once up to 170 back when I was getting into lifting. I hope to get back into that pattern. I felt amazing.
:D

:) I'm just curious hows the dating aspect? Are you getting any girls? I still feel embarrased to meet girls.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Pook

I know you mentioned that you were going to post some body shots when you got your digital camera. That must have been months back. Did you end up posting those yet? With a 50+ pound gain, that would be interesting to see.

I finally re-started the program after my setbacks. And my initial gains have been staggering. I gained 8lbs in my first two weeks! It was unbelievable. I'm sure it will slow down now, but what were your initial gains weekly for the first three months on the program?

!GEORGE!

darth yoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
In April: 5'10" 155 lbs., attracted "chubby" girls. Had to work to get average/cute girls.

In August: After much hard work, I'm now 185 lbs. Attractive girls now check me out/come on to me, uglier ones are intimidated and/or think I'm too into myself.

Pook is right folks, try it and see.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" at 230 lbs.

I know that I'm at least 15% Body fat, b/c I'm starting to have a gut, I have to drop that weight before it gets worse. I used to have a decent six pack last year, but it all went to hell when my metabolism changed in the past 8 months and I started getting stockier. (it was weird.... it happened so fast I got a few stretch marks where my biceps meet my pecs)

220 lbs with about 10% body fat is about where I want to be.

I know that I have high testosterone though... on some days I feel like I can kick the shyt out of the whole world.

:woo:

Last edited:

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
This is too true

If you want a sexy woman, you gotta be sexy yourself, simple.
You like dainty faces, slim toned curvy bodies. Can you expect them not to want a big hard muscly body. And the testosorone girl link is true also.
I used to be a semi-geeky skinny guy, always had a spot on sense of humour and great personality, loads of ambition and drive, but still no women. I got the usual
"your soo cute and lovely"
"awww... I wish my boyfriend was like you" lol yeah right!
I had girls telling me they would marry or live with me, lol but still no girl. no sex.
Untill I turned 15, bought some weights, and started sirously training, then I was 16, 30 pounds later, feeling more assertive, brave and with balls you could play basket ball with, I snatched a beautiful 9, (I was still an AFC) she was brilliant, and drove me to this site.
Most of you guys say you want a "mature" woman, a mature woman wouldn't have double standards for her and men. So niethier can you.

To Conclude.

If you want a really sexy girl, you should be sexy yourself.

Personallity wins over anything. It really is what girls look for.

Oh and don't over do it. There's the "try hard" look, 18 year old, wears vests in all weathers, always always smiling, also has anger problems and no personality.

The "Hulk" look, there is somthing as too big.

Personally I want a body like Brad Pitt.

donovan

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing to do is eat well, push yourself to raise your chest, and increase your lats. That makes you look like a girl surfer boy fantasy. :) Plus, don't masturbate until you get 10 numbers in one night, that will push you for getting out of your comfort zone. ;)

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscles=overrated. So what if you turn the heads of a few shallow women? It takes a personality to get the best women. I am like 5% BF, no joke, and only 5'8" 130 lbs, and I have had women out of nowhere tell me I am hot, sexy, crap like that... granted I have a pretty nice face but still...
I'd say if you are the skinny, athletic type, like me, you are fine, no need to put on any more muscle.
Oh yeah, and whoever it was that said sumo wrestlers are healthy, they're not, they have heart attacks, they die young. Besides, it's much better to be thin than fat.

I don't think it has been mentioned, but I think everyone should keep their bodies in proportion. I have a small head, so am I gonna make it look even smaller by making my biceps and pecs twice as big as my head? I don't think so. It would look STUPID. And yes, short guys with huge amounts of muscle do look rather silly. Women say they want tall and thin, but that doesn't mean a short guy can't get them just as well. They want handsome, but how many ugly guys do you see with hot women? A lot. By all means, tone yourself up some, but don't focus all your energy on getting bigger. If you want women who only want you for your muscle, go for it, but as for me, I'd rather not.

Since when do small guys get seen as weak? The biggest man in the room is the guy who ACTS like the biggest man in the room. I have said this before, but go to the gym on valentine's day and you'll see a ton of super-muscular men in there, without dates. I wonder why...
I realize I am going to get flamed for this, so be it. This board is filled with a lot of bullsh-it, but that's how it is I guess. All I am saying is that some people just won't look right with a lot of muscle, and some people should in fact not even try.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimpfromdayone
Muscles=overrated. So what if you turn the heads of a few shallow women? It takes a personality to get the best women. I am like 5% BF, no joke, and only 5'8" 130 lbs, and I have had women out of nowhere tell me I am hot, sexy, crap like that... granted I have a pretty nice face but still...
I'd say if you are the skinny, athletic type, like me, you are fine, no need to put on any more muscle.
Oh yeah, and whoever it was that said sumo wrestlers are healthy, they're not, they have heart attacks, they die young. Besides, it's much better to be thin than fat.

I don't think it has been mentioned, but I think everyone should keep their bodies in proportion. I have a small head, so am I gonna make it look even smaller by making my biceps and pecs twice as big as my head? I don't think so. It would look STUPID. And yes, short guys with huge amounts of muscle do look rather silly. Women say they want tall and thin, but that doesn't mean a short guy can't get them just as well. They want handsome, but how many ugly guys do you see with hot women? A lot. By all means, tone yourself up some, but don't focus all your energy on getting bigger. If you want women who only want you for your muscle, go for it, but as for me, I'd rather not.

Since when do small guys get seen as weak? The biggest man in the room is the guy who ACTS like the biggest man in the room. I have said this before, but go to the gym on valentine's day and you'll see a ton of super-muscular men in there, without dates. I wonder why...
I realize I am going to get flamed for this, so be it. This board is filled with a lot of bullsh-it, but that's how it is I guess. All I am saying is that some people just won't look right with a lot of muscle, and some people should in fact not even try.
I am and 5'8" 132 lbs too. While I agree with you, you may have not realised that your face is what makes you attractive. This fact compensates your skinny body. Now think of an ugly and skinny guy. The least he can do is to work out to have AT LEAST something attractive going on.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you, good point....
What I was saying though is that in my case, getting overly muscular might actually make me LESS attractive. I don't want to look like a pinhead. I guess everyone is different though, so the point of this thread is to do whatever improves your looks, forget what everyone else is doing. I consider myself athletic-looking anyway, not skin and bones.... there is a difference. Anyone can look athletic if they lose some weight and tone their muscles up a bit... and you'll have that prized six pack, and women will love you.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimpfromdayone
They want handsome, but how many ugly guys do you see with hot women? A lot. .

and then...

and you'll have that prized six pack, and women will love you.

So dude, why dont you be honest to yourself and us and say AT LEAST that looks/physical appearance does factor in a woman's attraction towards you??

I wish guys here would stop being apologists and continue to defend just personality. Let me fill you in on a little secret....your personality does NOTHING for INITIAL ATTRACTION. Now if she gets to know you over time and develops attraction then great, but its a waste of time and there is a 50/50 chance she may not develop that attraction.

If you have the looks (face, muscular build) then at least she will be like.
"wow he's cute, i hope he comes over and talks to me"
and if you do so, and not fyck it up by acting desperate or retarded, then you will be in the majority of the time.

rather than being average/ugly in which the girl may be like
"omg, another guy just trying to hit on me"
Now the guy has to work 10x harder to build attraction from the ground up, rather than said attraction already existing had he been more desirable to the eyes.

Its been said here repeatedly its not about how you look that gets the girl, its how you make her feel on the inside.
Then answer this, if your carved greek god body does not make her "feel" like exploding in her pants with insatiable lust, then wtf will??? Your sense of humor?:rolleyes:

This topic reminds me of what my econ teacher used to say. "Efficiency and good economics, is not good politics" hopefully you understand what i mean.