Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What Every DJ Needs in His Wardrobe.

Faun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigBen69:
its really important to have a nice watch.
and it must not always be a 230 bucks watch. a swatch irony for 80 bucks can do it too
Even a $40 silver Timex works.

------------------
Half man, half animal.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about a sweet $20 Swiss watch? My poor ass goes to Value City and Target, but still manages to look sweet. The watch is stainless steel too.

SquirrelScammer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you can get a nice leather coat from oldnavy.com for just $100. Also, try to get a nice silver pen and attatch it to your right pocket. Works 2 ways, looks nice and convienant for writing down all the chick's numbers

Faun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazykid:What about a sweet $20 Swiss watch? My poor ass goes to Value City and Target, but still manages to look sweet. The watch is stainless steel too.
Of course.

Originally posted by SquirrelScammer:
you can get a nice leather coat from oldnavy.com for just $100. Also, try to get a nice silver pen and attatch it to your right pocket. Works 2 ways, looks nice and convienant for writing down all the chick's numbers
Good idea. I always carry a pen in my pocket anyway; I'll have to try that.

------------------
Half man, half animal.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Leather jacket is a must--it's even better if it's totally broken in, mine is several years old and has soft creases, and chycks love it. Watch is also a must--the most versatile is the kind that looks like a Rolex submariner (dress scuba diver), every company makes them, from Seiko to Fossil to the off-brands. Available at all different prices everywhere. If you can afford it, the ladies totally love Movado Museum watches which are made in a lot of styles including sport--not cheap but will last a lifetime.
As for footwear, my trademark is cowboy boots, whether with jeans or an Armani suit or a tux (black please!) It's not for everybody, but it works for me--even in a Manhattan nightclub!
Oh yes, and the belt! Never go beltless with jeans, this is your oppty to accessorize, especially like with the Brighton belts--woven leather inserts, silver buckle and belt tip, classy. Color to match your footwear. Obviously skip the belt if wearing suspenders, but only wear suspenders with a suit or tux.
A Cross pen or other quality metal pen, not some chewed-up Bic plastic pen.

[This message has been edited by the graphics guy (edited 03-05-2002).]

Faun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by the graphics guy:
As for footwear, my trademark is cowboy boots, whether with jeans or an Armani suit or a tux (black please!) It's not for everybody, but it works for me--even in a Manhattan nightclub!
Out of curiousity, how tall are you? I'm 5'5" and I find that cowboy boots make me look like I'm trying to compensate for my height.

------------------
Half man, half animal.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Faun, I am a mere 5'7"...the important thing is that the boots be a natural part of your look, which is a foregone conclusion when you wear them as often as I do. This includes being SURE that your pant cuffs are not hanging in midair, which means you must think ahead for boots when getting your hems done. If the pants are too short, which they will be if you get measured wearing loafers or topsiders, they won't break properly over the front of the boot. Jeans should be boot cut, and if they are long enough they will "stack up" at the bottom, always leaving just a sliver of boot visible.

As I said, it's not for everyone, but I have gone to corporate meetings wearing them with pinstripe suits and to weddings wearing a tux (black boots only PLEASE in both instances) and gotten nothing but compliments. Also, a good pair of boots is not cheap, but I consider it a good investment, cuz I have some pairs that are over 10 years old and have been resoled which still look great.

Faun

Don Juan
Reaction score
cool. thanks graphics guy.

------------------
Half man, half animal.

Goldenboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
AND DONT FORGET THE SCENTS, GRLS LOVE IT WHEN YOU SMELL GOOD AND IT GIVES THEM SOMETHING TO IDENTIFY YOU WITH......I.E. SHES SITTING DOWN AND SMELLS COOL WATER SHE THINKS *WOW____ WEARS THAT* NOW U GOT HER THINKING ABOUT YOU.....KEEP UR PIMP HAND STRONG DONS.....

------------------
AIM: AMOS145WIN

AND THAN I SAW HER STAND'N THERE/WITH GREEN EYES AND LONG BLOND HAIR/SHE WAS'NT WEAR'N UNDEAR WEAR/ATLEAST I PRAY THAT SHE MIGHT BE THE ONE/MAYBE WE'D HAVE SOME FUN/MAYBE WE'D WATCH THE SUN RISE/ BUT THAT NIGHT I LEARNED SOME GIRLS TRY TO HARD/NA'NA'NA/NA'NA'NA/NA'NA'NA/SOME GIRLS TRY TOO HARD---BliNk182

"IF I WAS A CHICK ,ID FU*K ME,WOULD'NT YOU??? OH YEA!!!"---ENLIGHTNED1

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jwheatly your DA MAN!!!! Good post buddy, as long as it makes you feel a million bucks, then you will naturally ooze confidence, this is the ONE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT GIRLS DIG.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point, Goldenboy, Cool Water is very good. The one that gets me the most positive feedback is Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein. I also like Aramis when I'm in a retro mood.

ArizonaDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
My new favorite is Dunhill Desire. Escape is the other favorite - chicks go crazy for it.

T Dog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Silver Pen is a great idea. Looks great too, when you whip it out ot get those digits.

Also meantioned

boxers or boxer briefs
Black leather jacket is a must

Not meantioned
-Cuff links
-Shoe shine kit to keep those shoes looking sharp. Trust me, girls notice these things
-Socks that match what you are wearing.
-Not an item, but god forbid, please take your good clothes to the cleaners.

P.s. I hate khakis too. Black slacks all the way!

u_have_no_clue

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont forget-- a nice car =)

what you have described is bachelor wear 101. If you want to look like every other man hitting on a woman, wear something from the above list. Dont get me wrong, women love a well dressed man.. but what makes you stand above all the other men/dj's hitting on a woman? If you are at a club and men are wearing slacks, wear a suit, if you are going to a bar, wear slacks. The secret is to always out dress your opponents, or wear something they wont (that doesnt mean muscle shirts or see thru mesh tops.. ick).

ps: i dont know where you heard that we "dig" leather jackets. They can be nice.. but wearing last seasons style can be a .. turn off.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK I got the nice car, but of course it's out there in the parking lot, so that's not going to make you notice me. But notice me you will, cuz I don't look just like everybody else...for instance I have done the suit thing in the club, no tie of couse, and yes the ever-present boots. And often a camera at my side, just for shytz and giggles, you have no idea how many ladies have initiated convo with "what's the camera for?"

And please forgive the aged (more than just last season!) leather jacket, I happen to like it and it's just a natural thing for me to wear. And there ain't no way I'm wearing a blue blazer or suit aboard my scooter, now that the weather is turning nice --gotta get on top of that 700 lbs. of Milwaukee metal and put something exciting between our legs.

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

Broadband

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by the graphics guy:
...for instance I have done the suit thing in the club, no tie of couse
I was thinking of upgrading my attire for the dance clubs and I was wondering why you would wear a suit without a tie? Aren't we trying to draw attention to ourselves and if it's overdressing wouldn't a sports jacket be more appropiate?

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just trying to avoid the "just-got-out-of-the-office" look, Broadband. I like a dark shirt with the suit (especially dark purple). Even a fancy black or gray silk t-shirt with the suit. Of course if you can wear a tie and not have it look like you should be driving a desk, then go for it.

I think of a sport jacket as a bit too preppy for clubbing, although cool for a country-club party, or neat with jeans at a casual bar.

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

Faun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Faun:
Like good looks, a good wardrobe won't necessarily get you far with a woman, but it WILL get you more auditions (and it's a nice little confidence booster). When you look good, you feel good.

(and yes, I am a straight man; I just happen to know about fashion)

Essential Items for Every DJ's Wardrobe:

1. A brown leather belt and a black leather belt. Simple leather belts are classy and reasonably priced. Go for the ones with the silver buckles, rather than the gold; silver is elegant and goes with anything. Whenever you wear a pair of pants with belt loops, you need to wear a belt. When choosing which belt to wear, it should be in the same general color scheme as your shoes.

2. A pair of clean jeans (with no holes) that fit well. Too big and you'll look like you're 5 years old. Too small and you'll look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. The right length jeans should just cover the laces of your shoes when you're standing up straight. You should ALWAYS wear a belt with jeans.

3. A pair of black or brown casual dress shoes or boots. Sneakers may be comfortable, but you can't wear them all the time. Giving a pair of shoes a quick rubdown with a cloth at the end of the day can keep them looking shiny and new and is a lot easier and faster than polishing.

4. A black turtleneck. A black turtleneck can go with jeans for a casual look or khakis for a more chic look. And you can't go wrong with black (unless you have dandruff, in which case you should try a dandruff shampoo).

5. A pair of clean, pressed/ironed khakis or other nice pants (dressier than jeans, but not as nice as dress pants - I personally don't wear khakis). If you don't have time to iron, a quick fix to get out wrinkles: hang the khakis on a hanger in the bathroom while you take a hot shower.

6. A nice watch. Either silver or gold. I prefer silver because it's more refined and understated. Even a $40 silver Timex watch will look good. Others on the forum might disagree with me, but wearing a watch shows that you have some order in your life and that your time is valuable. If a woman sees that your time isn't valuable to you, why would it be valuable to her?

7 & 8. A button-down dress shirt and tie. You can't go wrong with a white dress shirt. You can either have a patterned tie and solid shirt or a solid shirt and a patterned tie. Having both patterned is too visually distracting and having both solid is boring, unless they're shades of the same color (like what Regis Philbin wears). If the tie and shirt are shades of the same color (as well as the jacket if you're wearing a jacket), it's a very classy look.

9. A pair of dressy black pants. Wear ONLY with black shoes. Sneakers don't work. Pair this with a black turtleneck and you're ready to hit the town. Like the khakis: don't wear with wrinkles.

10. A navy blazer or a sports jacket. With a pair of khakis, a button-down shirt or colored t-shirt, and nice shoes, a blazer or sports jacket can take you from casual to slightly dressy. I have a brown velour sports jacket (men wear velour; women wear velvet) that the ladies like to touch 'cause it's so soft. And you know what happens after the ladies start touching your clothes.

11. A leather jacket. Brown or black, a leather jacket delivers the message that you know how to dress. A leather jacket doesn't have to be expensive; you can get one at some of the cheaper clothing stores like Target and Walmart (for those in the US) for less than $100. Avoid fake leather, as it just looks cheap and tacky.

12. Scent. While clothes appeal to the visual sense, a good cologne or aftershave appeals to the olfactory sense (smell). For the DJ on a budget, I recommend Jovan musk, an earthy cologne with a nice scent and a reasonable price. I've also had good experiences with Gravity (comes in both a cologne and an aftershave); it smells good and very few women can recognize it because it's not as common as some of the other colognes/aftershaves. If you have a little more to spend, I highly recommend Wings for Men (an aftershave); my aunt (who works at a perfume/cologne counter) gave me a bottle of it for my birthday. It's a light, airy scent, and I've gotten some nice compliments on it.

------------------
1/2 man, 1/2 horny goat.
Seducer of nymphs.
Cousin of the satyr.

pandoralsu

Reaction score
I never saw vanity being so cute before... boys, y'all just keep thinking you know what fashion is, you're amusing me much!

[This message has been edited by pandoralsu (edited 06-24-2002).]