Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What does Marriage offer to a man today???

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
...Lets continue to keep in mind, that while RT is trying to oppose support for marriage, he is married. ...

azanon said:
...2. The camp that says marriage can be good and rewarding for some men and worth the risk, if the woman and the time is right. I belong to that camp. So does RT....
Now am I the only one who's completely confused? :confused:

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
[/I]

Now am I the only one who's completely confused? :confused:
RT rebutted someone on his side. Let me know if you need any simpler explanation. But that's pretty dumbed down there.

(edit) - I'm the one that's confused here, thanks to RT. I don't know if he's for my position here or against it. Depends on how you look at it I guess:confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
RT, the next time you run your mouth about me, maybe you should figure which posts are mine vs. which posts are someone else's. You're referring to Redpill's post...
Correct me if I'm mistaken, perhaps my browser isn't working, but I do believe it was you who posted a laundry list of pro-marriage arguments from a completely unrelated topic.

azanon said:
Lets summarize this thread into the two basic camps:
Let's not.

azanon said:
RT, for the 100th time, searched for something I said so that he could oppose it in some way, and is so hell-bent on doing this, that it doesn't matter to him if he doesn't realize when he's on my side. At the core, all I'm really saying is point #2, which clearly Rollo agrees with since he's also married.
Dude, enough with this "taking sides" BS. There are no sides. Opinions are dynamic. Surely you can see azanon that your attempts to polarize the discussion and pigeon-hole other posters into a binary, black & white, for-or-against belief system is causing you to take a lot of flak in these marriage discussions.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
RedPill said:
Surely you can see azanon that your attempts to polarize the discussion and pigeon-hole other posters into a binary, black & white, for-or-against belief system is causing you to take a lot of flak in these marriage discussions.
I thought it was just cause he's a moron? I think his wife (yeah the one whos in an open relationship, LOL) is reading over his shoulder.

As for the original question?

Nothing, same as it had nothing to offer a man 20 odd years ago when a young boobs was taken aside by his mother and told never to get married. (thanks mum)

And believe it or not a woman offers more to man without putting a ring on her finger for the simple fact she tries harder.

Marriage...jezuzz how it's still even a topic for consideration between any of you guys who have a heads up on how sh!t really works is baffling.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heh,..AZ, calm down, man, all I did was a minimal amount of mostly Wikipedia research on the articles in that list of "benefits" that you quoted not to flame you, but to draw attention to arguments put forth in favor for making homosexual marriage equitable with heterosexual marriage. The list you posted is used EVERYWHERE on the net to validate and compare what homosexual unions are excluded from in marriage, not as comparison for single versus married living as you used it.

Let me say once and for all now, I'm not anti-marriage (OBVIOUSLY), but I am anti uneducated-naive-stars-in-the-eyes-ONEitis-fueled-fear-of-lonliness-took-what-I-could-get bad marriage. In light of everything, there is still no advantage that a man cannot enjoy (besides childrearing) single that he can married, but it's the brave soul who can love his wife inspite of her never fully appreciating the sacrifices he makes in order to be happily, lovingly and responsibly committed to her in an institution that really only favors the feminine. It's the Man who can fearlessly maintain his own identity and respectability against his wife's constant manifestations of her own insecurity who can truly be called a Husband. And the best way to become that Man is to start by being a DJ (for lack of a better term).

And BTW,..I've only had sex with 41 women in my history. Just thought I'd curb that before I reached the 80-100 mark by the end of the year at the rate things are getting blown out of proportion around here.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to understand is that the community has morphed into society. Take a look at society and its influence on children. :nervous:
Very good point, Francisco. It's either that, and/or gangs, and/or other social networks (a certain "scene,") or what not.

People will seek to fulfill their needs in whatever way they can. A tribe or community tends to have manageable effects, whereas the influence of society is much more unmanageable.

It appears to me that one of the main things that works against the community dynamic is the relative lack of heterogeneity within society -- which I consider a good thing, but one with which people have not quite figured out how to come to grips in a community sense (i.e., on a manageable scale).

The communities of the old days tended to be extremely homogeneous. If one were to say that one of the key tasks facing humanity is to reconcile heterogeneity with community, I'd not argue against the point.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
... It's the Man who can fearlessly maintain his own identity and respectability against his wife's constant manifestations of her own insecurity who can truly be called a Husband. ...
That was fvckin' beautiful man! :cry: