Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you say not to look bad when they ask you

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you live by yourself? (for those of us in our mid 20's that live with a parent/parents still). I have never found a c&f way or just a good way not to look bad when replying to this. Is there any way to handle this situation that still makes you look ok? i'm sure there is something better than "im a student but i'll move out after university."

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
do you live by yourself? (for those of us in our mid 20's that live with a parent/parents still). I have never found a c&f way or just a good way not to look bad when replying to this. Is there any way to handle this situation that still makes you look ok?
You can't make this situation look good or sound good because it is BAD.
A woman will NEVER see you as attractive when she finds out that mom still does your laundry .

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can say something like you're between places and just staying with your parents temporarily while hunting for a new apartment. And proceed to do exactly that.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That you rent the place out to your folks.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: Do you live by yourself?

You: No, I live alone.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
do you live by yourself? (for those of us in our mid 20's that live with a parent/parents still). I have never found a c&f way or just a good way not to look bad when replying to this. Is there any way to handle this situation that still makes you look ok? i'm sure there is something better than "im a student but i'll move out after university."
Dude...it is NOT a good situation. Even if your mom was living with you (instead of you living with her) because she is sick...still not a good situation.

Women are not stupid. What do you think a woman with choices would pick between a man that lives with his parents and a man that lives by himself?

Think about that for a second.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
lol now that is funny.

I'd use that one, then I would say that you're actually in the process of finding a place for yourself...
You are 18. You still okay. But mid 20s?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Dude...it is NOT a good situation. Even if your mom was living with you (instead of you living with her) because she is sick...still not a good situation.

Women are not stupid. What do you think a woman with choices would pick between a man that lives with his parents and a man that lives by himself?

Think about that for a second.
Thank you Mr obvious! obviously I know this already which is why I came here for suggestions on how things to say. No need to repeat what every guy knows. I do like the "looking for a place to rent" line simple and never thought of it. I don't think just flat out lying would work in this situation as you would end up getting caught. What if she wants to go to your place? what if she lives close? maybe if she lives like 20-30 miles away and you see each other like twice a week it might work.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
Thank you Mr obvious! obviously I know this already which is why I came here for suggestions on how things to say. No need to repeat what every guy knows. I do like the "looking for a place to rent" line simple and never thought of it. I don't think just flat out lying would work in this situation as you would end up getting caught. What if she wants to go to your place? what if she lives close? maybe if she lives like 20-30 miles away and you see each other like twice a week it might work.

Do you want to be a REAL DJ? Then instead of finding out how to hide the fact that you live with your parents in order to get women...why don't you simply find a way to become INDEPENDENT?

Do you realize if you work toward your Independence...you might automatically better yourself? And if you better yourself...the by-product would be women.

May I ask why you live with your parents when you are in your mid 20s? (this is a serious question as you might have a legitimate answer).

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe The Homophobe said:
You want to hear a crazy thing? I've had three women in the last month ask me why I live by myself. Yes, they thought it was stranger that I lived alone.

Anyhow to answer your question, you could say: "Because I plan to buy a house in the next 6 months / year and need to save all the money I can."

Latinoman said:
Do you realize if you work toward your Independence...you might automatically better yourself? And if you better yourself...the by-product would be women.
I've found that being independent has lead to more growth than actually working for independence. Not that I feel you really grow a lot when you live in your own or anything, large amounts of growth tend to come when you are pushing yourself. Thinking back on the whole thing, I'd have to say that there was really no 'break in' period for me when I started living by myself. But then, I was an Army-brat so moving around wasn't a new thing to me.

Latinoman said:
May I ask why you live with your parents when you are in your mid 20s? (this is a serious question as you might have a legitimate answer).
Well I don't know where Joe lives, but where I live the price of houses are still crazy. In the last 5-7 years the price of houses have doubled. I wish that were a joke.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a lot of debt. Just paid a good amount of it off. Am saving money. Am looking for a new job with higher pay. I live in a fairly expensive area, but I want my own place so bad I can taste it. I believe this year I can pull it off, get my own pad.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on guys...let's see WHY he lives with his parents first. Maybe he has a legitimate reason.

Whichever the reason...I can provide a good answer. But blatantly lying is going to get him nowhere. Last thing he needs is one woman catching his lie and running rumors on him. Let's talk about a bad rap on his back.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys keep going over basic stuff everyone already knows. This thread should not be about changing my situation but rather about working with what I got. I already know all the reasons why being independent is the way to go no need to tell me over and over. I'm not going over my life story but it involves me playing the role of provider because my dad was never man enough to make sure we were taken care off well. I wish I could afford to pay for my mother and sister's rent and my own separate place but I can't.

I just thought I would make this thread to get suggestions on making the best out of my situation. I don't think i'm the only guy out there who basically is stuck because he has to play the role of a provider for a parent or sibling because he got nobody else in this world. I know there are a lot of slackers who are the opposite, got parents with money and they don't leave on their own because they're lazy. I wish I was that lucky to have that opportunity but I won't unfortunately for a long time which is why I need to make the best of what I got.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe...are you three living in the same appartment? Is the appartment in your name?

If you live in a house...is the house in your name?

There is a HUGE difference between living at your mom's place and they living at YOUR place.

But let's say that's not the case. If you feel you are doing the honorable thing by providing for your mom and sister...then that's a positive approach. Now...STILL...women would not see it very positively...but at least you know you are doing what you feel is the right thing for your sister and mom.

The issue here...is that it is almost impossible for a woman to view this as a "positive". So, you might have to divert the topic a little. Get her super interested in you...once a woman is VERY interested in you...they tend to overlook some of the negative stuff. Especially if they feel your current situation is temporary.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:

The issue here...is that it is almost impossible for a woman to view this as a "positive". So, you might have to divert the topic a little. Get her super interested in you...once a woman is VERY interested in you...they tend to overlook some of the negative stuff. Especially if they feel your current situation is temporary.
Yeah, there is NO way that you can 'spin' this situation into a positive- it ain't even neutral...it is a negative and always will be.

There is no answer to this.,, move out to a homeless shelter . It is one step up...ha !

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I got much hope but to lie Latinoman. I was hoping there was a few guys in a similar situation here that could give me some pointers. Yes it is under my name but that doesn't matter much like you said. This only came up recently. I moved to a new town that is more affordable and younger people here can afford their own place unlike where I used to live so I didn't have trouble in the past where my situation was common. So when I was asked recently about my situation I forgot about the impact my answer would have.

I'm thinking that my only solution is to lie my teeth off and not date any girls near a 20 mile radius from where I live, this way I can have the excuse of driving up to where my prospects are since this is what is expected. In a big town this can be done i'm sure.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Changing the topic. Can your mom and sister (how old is she) become independent?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. She can't afford it by herself. I was just unlucky to have a dad that wasn't mature enough as a caretaker of a family. I don't see myself getting out of this situation for years unless I get divine intervention or something. I might get to 30 and be in this situation. We got no family and nobody to depend on really so if I did not work we would be on the streets.

Having your own pad is a huge confidence booster but a value/life booster as well. It raises your value with females and you grow as a man as well. Not much I can do but keep on doing what I been doing up to now.

I don't know how some guys in this forum come up with excuses for not living by themselves. If I was given the chance I would have left on my own even if it meant sleeping on a motel or on a car. You don't know the true value of living on your own till you want to and are able to but can't because life is holding you back. I could afford to live by myself but life is holding me back. That is what pisses me off.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mature enough as in taking care of his family financially instead of getting fired out of job after job to the point the son is taking care of the family. I'm not talking about this anymore.