Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ways to make your self more attractive

Jwheatly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"love to say, well if u were my girl i would buy u stuff like that..."

Thats a negative.... try not to put the girl in a position where she feels that you are trying to impress her. Plus you don't want to attract moochers. She should be the one buying YOU things. You are the Mack.

Jwheatly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as Jewelry goes... A nice watch is a definite plus. But don't over do it. Unless you want to attract the wrong type of company, and also depending on where you are located, some women are turned of by lots of jewerly.

Also its a good thing that you mentioned shoes. Women are like eagles when it comes to noticing a guys shoes. Make sure you pay more attention to your shoes, than anything else in your outfit. Since shoes are usually the most expensive item for a male outfit, we tend to wear older worn out shoes/boots, and try to make up for it with our pants, and shirts. Thats a no no. A good away to keep your shoe maintenance up to par, is to to keep seperate shoes for going out, and then keep another pair for work, school etc...

[This message has been edited by Jwheatly (edited 01-18-2002).]

Powertrip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with everything so far.. but nobody has really mentioned personal hygiene yet. Check and double-check yourself over before going out.. no wayward facial/nose/ear hair, clean all the crap out of your eyes, keep up on your haircut, no cracked/dry lips, and maybe even get a facial moisturizer.

Yeah, its a stupid little stuff, and you wont get any attention for it, but don't take care of this stuff and see how far you get!

-Chris

[This message has been edited by Powertrip (edited 01-18-2002).]

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hydroponically inclined:
I goto a school where you have to wear uniforms (like all suited up and stuff... think Britney Spears' first video... except without khaki pants) So like wearing sharp clothes is pretty normal. I don't wear a nice watch (actually, I don't even own one). But I do have a super nice pair of $300 (CDN) italian shoes. Nice and shiney, and I take care of them as if they were a Million dollars (well, actually maybe not, but I don't wear them on the rainy days etc.)

But even with the shoes, I haven't noticed a real improvement with interaction with girls. But damn they do make you feel so good because they look so good! Whenever you wear a nice set of clothes, I don't know why, but you feel real good about yourself.

It's true guys, today I woke up at like 11 and my sister was watching Jenny Jones (some weird show about problems) and they did makeovers of punk kids... after they got their make over, they looked all sharp and stuff. ie no studs, no jewlery... and they like changed into a different person. Like they looked so much more friendly. And they acted so much more friendly too. Like punk mode went away with the clothes.

[This message has been edited by hydroponically inclined (edited 06-14-2001).]
i go to a catholic school and we wear uniforms too. if u allready have nice shoes a nice watch and a gold chain with a cross. get loads of compliments.

p.s. i also live in canada

josue520

Don Juan
Reaction score
getting yourself a nice leather jacket would definenlty help. turtle neck sweaters,long sleeve button up plaid shirts. nice stuff

Odysseus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought bashful was like banned or something??? Dunno - I'm not up to date.

Pedro F. Marcos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Watches, jewelry...

I guess that is minor stuff.
Clothes are important. No baggy pants. Nice shoes and well chosen colours work well. Keep them sharp and clean. Shave or have a well kept beard.

I must confess that I have a weak spot for watches. I wear an Omega Seamaster Professional and it doesn´t make any diference with girls but I didn´t buy it for them, but for me. They can´t see real quality, workmanship and ruggedness. They go for the brand, no matter how cheesy the material - case, movement and bracelet is (like TAG, Movado and so on).
I guess you should avoid "gold" plated watches and go for real stainless ones (plating fades).
To end my post, buy something for YOU and not for them.

Zman1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get into the gym. Start working on your diet and exercise. You have to work on physical appearence and then the clothing and jewelry. Remember women love the lean look.

Peace out

KinoOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I have to say is I am confedent about my self[physicly], and that just makes me feel EVEN MORE confedent when I dress well. Doing mad hand exercises and deadlifts, and soon I will be able to fit into my pinky ring... I sugjest you all get 1, just a greecy italian mobster pinky ring, when you put it on, you will feel so powerfull.

Anjo_das_Trevas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Adonis, is nice to see you here again on the forum
I was just looking in your post reply and i saw this:

" Dress like a modern bad boy and you'll get everybody."

So... what do you mean dressing like a modern bad boy? Does it apply to guys in their 20's ( i'm 25 ). The problem is i don't know what to wear to make me stand out of the crowd...

I would really like to hear the insights of a fashion and grooming expert like you

Thanks

C-ya

sweetbeatmc

Reaction score
Originally posted by syncmaster:

I heard this in a movie once, and I somewhat agree....
"A real man makes his own luck"
Can anyone tell me what movie that is from?

That's from 'Titanic' and that jerk said it but I gotta say it is true!! A real man does make his own luck. Obviously you gotta look good to get the chicks, but girls can sense when you are uncomfortable.

A friend of mine was at a job interview recently for a casual clothes store assistant. Every other guy turned up suited and booted while he turned up in casual clothes and guess what? He got the job. It's a matter of dressing for the occasion but looking good anyway. Extend your wardrobe and ask girls their opinions on clothes in clothes stores - you will find it will "break the ice", may get you a number and a hint at what girls like to see men wear. Ask them about the style, the colour, etc - girls are naturally very good with shopping and are always more than willing to share their opinion.

If the situation ain't there, CREATE IT!

A little like like if you know what I mean.

$wEeT!

sweetbeatmc

Reaction score
Originally posted by syncmaster:

I heard this in a movie once, and I somewhat agree....
"A real man makes his own luck"
Can anyone tell me what movie that is from?

That's from 'Titanic' and that jerk said it but I gotta say it is true!! A real man does make his own luck. Obviously you gotta look good to get the chicks, but girls can sense when you are uncomfortable.

A friend of mine was at a job interview recently for a casual clothes store assistant. Every other guy turned up suited and booted while he turned up in casual clothes and guess what? He got the job. It's a matter of dressing for the occasion but looking good anyway. Extend your wardrobe and ask girls their opinions on clothes in clothes stores - you will find it will "break the ice", may get you a number and a hint at what girls like to see men wear. Ask them about the style, the colour, etc - girls are naturally very good with shopping and are always more than willing to share their opinion.

If the situation ain't there, CREATE IT!

A little like luck if you know what I mean.

$wEeT!

RyKnOw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
screw mavado watches and dressing nice,

------------------
Peace out,
RyKnOw

RyKnOw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
then you would be a poser!

------------------
Peace out,
RyKnOw

Fr8train

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are so right about the watch, shoes, and leather jacket.
I bought a Fossil watch (will something better once I graduate college), and I'm considering the shoes now, any recommendations? All my friends wear dull, unshiny black Sketchers.
-Fr8 out

Eros

Reaction score
Originally posted by Adonis:

Hey, I've been told many times that I stand out. Just gotta look cool I say...

That's sounds like a realistic approach to catch some attention. Where do you get some of those clothes? Who are the designers?

bodybuilder

Reaction score
bros, i reckon just work on the body and wear stuff like tight muscle shirts etc.

chicks dig a hot bod

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, I dress mostly in designer stuff.

There's no doubt about it, wearing stylish, up to date clothes enhances your status with girls.

Unless of course you're trying to pull a goth or something, in which case looking as ridiculous as possible will work wonders.

rappermas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence comes from within my friends, not from outside. Sure, the environment (what you're wearing) can help, but your true confidence lies at the core of your being.