Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Understanding Class and Taste

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that an understanding in matters of class, taste, style, and elegance are one of the things that makes a man desirable. Understanding these things can contribute to his stature among people and his status in the world. I don't see much discussion about this topic very often and never in a direct way.

How do you define class and taste? What makes a gentleman? How does being a gentleman advance your agenda where women are concerned? Do you think a "gentleman" is outdated or no longer important in the current dating scene?

You are invited to discuss.
It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with how you view yourself and the world around you.

A gentleman is confident, kind and courteous. He judges people by their actions and morality. He doesn't care how much money they make, the car they drive or how big their house is.

A gentleman protects his woman and his friends and family. He always has their best interests at heart.

He always does his best to do the right thing for himself, his family and his friends.

His integrity and his word are something you can count on.

He carries himself through the world with honor and dignity.

The way he feels about himself, his sense of self worth, his love for himself and the people he cares for reflect in everything he does.

-Augustus-

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taste is understanding that different people are stimulated by and want for different things; class is being able to accommodate those differences.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
You took an odd stance in this thread.
How so?

A "gentleman" in the context the OP wants to talk about is a cartoon character.

The dictionary definition is basically an educated male over 18 with good manners. There is no reason to make a thread about the dictionary definition of a gentleman. Its pretty cut and dry.

U

user43770

How so?

A "gentleman" in the context the OP wants to talk about is a cartoon character.

The dictionary definition is basically an educated male over 18 with good manners. There is no reason to make a thread about the dictionary definition of a gentleman. Its pretty cut and dry.
I don't think you're giving the lady enough credit. The original post also asked about class, taste and if being a gentleman is outdated in the sexual marketplace.

I wouldn't compare a gentleman to the easter bunny i.e. I believe it's a real thing. Having said that, I also don't think being overly well-mannered will get you laid in today's society.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, class & taste...I was raised to be a gentleman; manners are reflexive to me; and it's definitely a quality that has its pros & cons.

Pros:
  • Generally thought of highly by older women & men in general.
  • Gives you an air of importance that can cause people to treat you with more priority than they might otherwise.
  • Super useful in the workplace; again, it makes you seem like you are used to a more elevated position.
  • Puts people at ease (in certain contexts/demographics) & engenders trust (again, in certain contexts/demographics).
  • Often puts you in a leadership position with women (as in, leveraging your body to move her through a room considerately, etc.).
  • Can make you seem mysterious--since class tends to prioritize
Cons:
  • Much less easy/congruent to sexualize interactions; impudence & crassness are super useful tools for generating sexual attraction & opening up topics of convo that a gentlemen would only ever allude to.
  • Tends to paint you in the 'provider zone' & more likely to trigger ASD. You become a guy women can envision taking home to meet her parents, etc. and won't want to risk sleeping with you too soon or possibly sleeping with you at all.
  • Can make you seem stiff & stifled in certain contexts & environments. Like a rave, for instance, or a blue-collar family BBQ.
  • Causes women to feel more self-conscious around you (and while it's good in that it often gets her qualifying herself to you, it also causes her to suppress a lot of the more--primal--aspects of her personality.
  • Any expectation of meeting a girl with similar level of 'class' is unlikely, unrealistic and more likely to engender bitterness than if you play more of the fvckboy, bang slvts & live on your own terms kind of vibe.
So I think it is a quality worth cultivating; certain girls--definitely those with good relationships with their fathers & high self-esteem & from better backgrounds--will appreciate those qualities (though often, even with these girls, you'll get more mileage introducing them post-sex than pre-sex). You get more flexibility socially & have contrast work more in your favor from being more of a cad with a sprinkling of class than you would from being a gentleman who still has sexual desires. The older the woman you're dealing with, the more effective predominantly gentlemanly behavior will be.

But if you're looking to climb, business-wise or socially, a measure of class & knowledge of etiquette is necessary at a certain point.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think you're giving the lady enough credit. The original post also asked about class, taste and if being a gentleman is outdated in the sexual marketplace.

I wouldn't compare a gentleman to the easter bunny i.e. I believe it's a real thing. Having said that, I also don't think being overly well-mannered will get you laid in today's society.
I gave her credit for everything except the "gentleman" thing.

No its not a real thing. Real things are not open to interpretation. They simply exist.