Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

ultimate lost theory (super long)

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
What do you think?
thought about it and yep, it could be the case.

cognitive dissonance between Ben and Jacob could explain a lot as the two fight over determine what is reality.

also, with multiple personality disorders there is always what is called the inner self helper - one personality that helps all the others.

this could be why jacob says 'help me' to Locke. jacob isn't strong enough to destroy ben. he needs another one of the personalities to do it. while jack is the leader, its locke who is the inner self helper and has the dominance / characterstic to help him.

now, wouldn't it be a trip if desmond turning the key, and the resulting noise, bright light, shaking of the island and the purple sky were actually the result of electroshock therapy.

gotta admit, that makes sense. if they were to zap Jacob in real life (scramble his brains with electricity) that would shake the island and cause wierd things to happen like the sky turning purple etc.

hehe - i so want to toss this MP theory out, but just can't find a definitive angle that lets me. :confused:

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
argh now im really confused. the other link you sent me said that time travel was NOT a part of the show and that producers had confirmed it was not.
The theory that they were debunking in the other link was basically saying, "No, the plane did not go back in time and crash on an island with dinosaurs or something".

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know now that I think about it, I remember hearing one of the producers make the statement "they are all really on the Island" and that debunks pretty much everything we've been saying.

Dammit!

Quick, here's a new theory. There is a mass conspiracy (sort of like the Illuminati) with Hanso and the Dharma initiative. Jack and Claire's father, Sun's father, Penny's father, Claire's psychic, Walt's step-father, the guy who tricked Sawyer into going to Australia, Kate's Marshal ect. are all members of the brotherhood and conspired to get the survivors of 815 onto the plane to conduct a psychological/sociological experiment on the Island.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
Exactly! Your theory is one of the best I've ever heard and makes sense given all of the inconsistencies. But you're right that it won't be a part of the answer because as Gio has said it was done before with the movie Identity. And of course the producers said it wouldn't 'all' take place in the head of one of the characters.
well i dont put it past them at all to script it similar to something that has been done. i mean, almost everything in the story is taken from other stories. i've listed some of it in this thread, but theres tons more.

im still not sold on them not being able to squirm out of all this by having some of the story in the head of the character. if he was on the island, if dharma did exist, if 815 did crash, etc. i could see them saying 'it wasn't ALL in the head of one character, just the crazy fictional stuff was."

its very annoying!

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
The theory that they were debunking in the other link was basically saying, "No, the plane did not go back in time and crash on an island with dinosaurs or something".
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Debunked_theories

Theory: One or more of the characters traveled in a time machine or went through something that involved time travel (as conventionally related in the science fiction genre).

This controversial theory was "debunked" by Lindelof during the filming of Season 1. He said at the time, "There isn't any time travel." However, the events of "Flashes Before Your Eyes" appear to contradict that, and bring into question if the writing of the plot had been "course corrected" also at a later date.

it wasn't about the plane crash. it was debunked period. but they have also confirmed that desmond went back in time.

go figure. makes no sense to me.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Debunked_theories

Theory: One or more of the characters traveled in a time machine or went through something that involved time travel (as conventionally related in the science fiction genre).

This controversial theory was "debunked" by Lindelof during the filming of Season 1. He said at the time, "There isn't any time travel." However, the events of "Flashes Before Your Eyes" appear to contradict that, and bring into question if the writing of the plot had been "course corrected" also at a later date.

it wasn't about the plane crash. it was debunked period. but they have also confirmed that desmond went back in time.

go figure. makes no sense to me.
My guess is, at the time he said that (Season 1) there hadn't been any time travel and there wasn't any plans to necessarily do anything time travel related. Later (Season 3), they decided that time travel added something they wanted to add, and went with it.

My understanding from the pieces I've heard from the producers is that they know their origin and the know their destination, and the know several of the sign posts along the way, but they don't know every twist and turn of the road until they write the scripts.

But I trust them when they say that they know how things will end, and they're not just making everything up as they go along.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20010504,00.html

Did Desmond's failure to press the button REALLY cause the plane to crash — or is there more to this story?
LINDELOF: That's the one thing that when the show ends, you won't have a causal explanation for why did all these people interconnect. Why some, why not others? The answer is just that they just do.

if this is true, this is totally f*cked up. at first i thought he said 'casual' but he says 'causal'.

the interconnectedness of the characters is like 90% of the meat behind the show.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
But I trust them when they say that they know how things will end, and they're not just making everything up as they go along.
im beginning to think that this is not going to be explain in a way that is satisfactory to anyone. the fact that they said the interconnectedness of the characters will never be explain is insane.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giovanni Casanova said:
My guess is, at the time he said that (Season 1) there hadn't been any time travel and there wasn't any plans to necessarily do anything time travel related. Later (Season 3), they decided that time travel added something they wanted to add, and went with it.

My understanding from the pieces I've heard from the producers is that they know their origin and the know their destination, and the know several of the sign posts along the way, but they don't know every twist and turn of the road until they write the scripts.

So Gio, any grand theories of your own?

The great thing about this show is that it's not just fun to come come up with theories but also debunk them too.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
im beginning to think that this is not going to be explain in a way that is satisfactory to anyone. the fact that they said the interconnectedness of the characters will never be explain is insane.
They said that the interconnectedness of the characters will never be explained? Wow, that sucks. Here we thought it all had some deep meaning behind it but i turns out that it's just a tool that makes the story more convenient for them to tell...

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
They said that the interconnectedness of the characters will never be explained? Wow, that sucks. Here we thought it all had some deep meaning behind it but i turns out that it's just a tool that makes the story more convenient for them to tell...
yep thats what they said in an interview. that was the biggest mystery about the show to me and what was so interesting to try and solve - why THESE people?

if the coicidences mean nothing then i think this will come down to something simple and hokey such as a land mass with unusual electro magnetic properties.

but i think its a total bullsh*t con on the viewer to create characters all with overlapping stories and themes only to in the end go 'it was just a coincidence that all the characters had fathers who had died."

i mean - come on.