Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

UC Berkeley professor tells student to 'get out of the Bay Area' if they want a girlfriend

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
A while back, I wrote a thread saying that the bad gender ratio and abundance of single men is the blame for society wide problems with dating. It is that simple regardless of the politics. Even if the single dudes are dorks, like most single dudes in San Fran are, it still leads to an inflated ego on the women. I got backlash for it.

We have too many single men in the prime dating ages, that is why female ego is through the roof.
Unless the next strain of COVID is 1,000,000,000,000,000 times more deadly than the ones which have thus far been visited on us, and affects/culls* ONLY the male portion of humanity, we're just going to have to muddle our way through this particular dilemma

*Truth be told, erasing the gang bangers, the trailer park bumpkins, and the GameGaters/Comic BookGaters among us out of existence would upgrade the public image of men exponentially. Not to mention make the planet a much saner place for everyone, male and female alike

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I do think that often we have men here talking about certain cities and metros with such passion it’s laughable, having actually never lived there or spent more than a few days in it.

It’s funny how vociferous they are vs the dudes that actually are living there…

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We had to go to that cesspool for a sporting event on Saturday. Great example of what happens when ideologies don’t pan out. Several huge homeless tents right on Shattuck Ave which is the main road near UC Berkeley. Martin Luther King Jr. park looks like a homeless camp and good place to get robbed. That town was once all about stopping the Vietnam War and civil rights. Now has gone pro-government, pro vax and non-binary. There are pockets of liberal chaos in the Bay Area and Berkeley is probably the worst.

The areas that are the most clean and expensive to live in are more associated with conservative mindsets. Danville, Blackhawk, Los Gatos, Atherton, Pleasanton, Palo Alto, Cupertino, these are cities families want to live in because they are clean, safe and have good schools. We used to say Los Gatos had something in the water because the women there were typically 9-10s. Funny you don’t see a bunch of woke man hating feminist when you go to these towns either.

My son and I had a good laugh leaving as we see an older man in a purple dress, full beard, with striped socks and ruby slippers riding an electric scooter. Couldn’t get home fast enough.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree. A feminist/careerist woman in San Francisco is going to be a miserable feminist/careerist woman in Houston.

Tucson might be one of the worst dating scenes in the USA for a metro area of its size (1 million people). The biggest problem with Tucson is that while it is a sizable metro area, it is completely overshadowed by Phoenix just 115 miles away. Metro Phoenix has 4.5+ million people so it is considered the leading city in Arizona.

A metro area the size of Tucson in a state without a bigger population center nearby would be a more thriving area.
I beg to disagree. Tuscon has the U of Arizona, which is considered a higher-rank place than Arizona State U, and with Arizona getting lots of coeds from California, and the U of A being just a little smaller than ASU, it has more of a college town demographic. The key is to go a place where the college overwhelms the community.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to live in the Bay Area.

The ratio of men to women will not do you any favors.

The locals call San Jose "Man Jose," and San Francisco has a sports team called the "49ers," which is also local slang for women who are "4s" but act like "9s" since, due to the heavily skewed gender ratio, you'll inevitably end up having permanent beer goggles if you live there, so the men do treat the "4s" as if they were "9s."

Women have also said this about the plentifulness of (mostly socially inept) men there: the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

As a man you have a lot more competition, but the competition is weak. Still, it sucked.

I did well enough because I have game, but you couldn't pay me enough to move back there.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to live in the Bay Area....you couldn't pay me enough to move back there.
The ratio of men to women will not do you any favors.

The locals call San Jose "Man Jose," and San Francisco has a sports team called the "49ers," which is also local slang for women who are "4s" but act like "9s" since, due to the heavily skewed gender ratio, you'll inevitably end up having permanent beer goggles if you live there, so the men do treat the "4s" as if they were "9s."

Women have also said this about the plentifulness of (mostly socially inept) men there: the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

As a man you have a lot more competition, but the competition is weak. Still, it sucked.
I'm glad I've never lived in the Bay Area or had any desire to live in the Bay Area. That sounds like a miserable mating environment.