Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

UC Berkeley professor tells student to 'get out of the Bay Area' if they want a girlfriend

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/uc-berkeley-professor-criticized-comments-women-19363213.php

True:

“If you want a girlfriend, get out of the Bay Area. Almost everywhere else on the planet is better for that. I’m not kidding at all. You’ll be shocked by the stark differences in behavior of women in places where women are plentiful versus their behavior within artillery distance of San Jose and San Francisco.”

And promptly was forced to issue a retraction by university officials who said:

“The comment was hurtful and threatening to students — particularly women — in his class and beyond,” she said. “We strive to foster a supportive, inclusive environment for all our students, and we invite everyone to continue to engage with us as we work to improve the climate for our community.”

A man speaks in he utter truth and gets taken out…

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This might be true.

My sister who went to college for Berkeley, doesn't shave her legs.

I recently asked our mother this... She said she don't know and agrees with me that it looks strange. And mentioned stuff about her being the NorCal kind of girl now.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw that.

Related news.

To wit: men cannot be left alone to associate with other men or women outside of a geographic location.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“If you want a girlfriend, get out of the Bay Area. Almost everywhere else on the planet is better for that. I’m not kidding at all. You’ll be shocked by the stark differences in behavior of women in places where women are plentiful versus their behavior within artillery distance of San Jose and San Francisco.”
The professor says “to get out of the Bay Area” to get a girlfriend, but he doesn't specify “where to go”to get a girlfriend,

They would have kicked me out of school if I used that type of logic.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Personally, I do OK here, but I'm not in college.

Anecdotally, when I did travel a lot for work it was astonishing the increase in quality of women I was able to date out of state...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Professor Jonathan Shewchuk is correct in his assertions. The San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley is not an easy place to date.

He is a computer science professor and there are plenty of computer science type jobs in the Bay Area. It makes sense that a UC Berkeley graduate with a computer science degree would want to stay in the region and work for a locally based employer.

The Bay Area seems to be a bit of a weird dating environment because there are ambitious feminist/careerist women with bachelor's degrees or higher and adequate or better social skills trying to date Aspie STEM guys with poor social skills and an inability to meaningfully connect to women. While these two groups have similar levels of education and sometimes similar earning capacity, they don't seem to mesh well.

Additionally, there are a lot of weird chicks in the Bay Area with alternative lifestyles. In considering the women in the Bay Area actually open to penis, there are a lot of bisexual, pansexual, polyamorous, and other lesser mainstream type chicks there. The purely heterosexual woman is less common there.

Shewchuk himself has been able to get laid as he has a wife. Despite being some likely odd STEM nerd, he was able to himself an East Asian girlfriend and later wife. A lot of White males who struggle with White females due to not giving White women "all the feelz" end up with some East Asian woman. Mark Zuckerberg is a commonly cited example of that.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The professor says “to get out of the Bay Area” to get a girlfriend, but he doesn't specify “where to go”to get a girlfriend,

They would have kicked me out of school if I used that type of logic.
Sacramento is the state capitol and full of female government workers, just 90 miles up the road.

90 miles up the road from where I am currently is a smaller sister city with a much worse dating scene (Phoenix vs Tucson).

Location matters.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I do OK here, but I'm not in college.

Anecdotally, when I did travel a lot for work it was astonishing the increase in quality of women I was able to date out of state...
Any place were there is a high concentration of wealth (and men with six figure incomes) is going to be suboptimal for dating. That kind of environment inevitably breeds entitled women.

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That is a very generalized statement with absolutely no specifics whatsoever.

No stats, no data, no specifics.

Just a baseless, unsupported opinion.

Worthless article, worthless subject.

Moving on, nothing to see here.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/uc-berkeley-professor-criticized-comments-women-19363213.php

True:

“The comment was hurtful and threatening to students — particularly women — in his class and beyond,” she said. “We strive to foster a supportive, inclusive environment for all our students, and we invite everyone to continue to engage with us as we work to improve the climate for our community.”

It’s not that bad.
But. I will admit. Elsewhere is better.

Last edited:

BoostedArrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any place were there is a high concentration of wealth (and men with six figure incomes) is going to be suboptimal for dating. That kind of environment inevitably breeds entitled women.
Def. applies to switzerland. Specifically to the zurich area.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's unique about the Bay Area is not only what you described, but also a long-standing tradition of leftism *and* idyllic geographical conditions. In such a place a stressed out woman can go outside for a hike or sit by the ocean and be rejuvenated (the same thing you also have in the Mediterranean Sea region, where women are known to be generally difficult). You put the same woman in hot and humid Houston, Texas and she'll have little option but to phuck for stress relief.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You put the same woman in hot and humid Houston, Texas and she'll have little option but to phuck for stress relief.
Disagree. A feminist/careerist woman in San Francisco is going to be a miserable feminist/careerist woman in Houston.

90 miles up the road from where I am currently is a smaller sister city with a much worse dating scene (Phoenix vs Tucson).

Location matters.
Tucson might be one of the worst dating scenes in the USA for a metro area of its size (1 million people). The biggest problem with Tucson is that while it is a sizable metro area, it is completely overshadowed by Phoenix just 115 miles away. Metro Phoenix has 4.5+ million people so it is considered the leading city in Arizona.

A metro area the size of Tucson in a state without a bigger population center nearby would be a more thriving area.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

True:

It's near impossible for a straight guy to find companionship, in a locale where most the female population identifies as non-binary

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's near impossible for a straight guy to find companionship, in a locale where most the female population identifies as non-binary
I'm here. I've found the 'non-binary' LGBTQ... is mostly a form of virtue signaling. Girls here are still hungry for dvck. Being a Woke feminist is a perfect way for women to keep men they aren't into a arms length. But. Like anywhere. They break rules for guys they are into.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree. A feminist/careerist woman in San Francisco is going to be a miserable feminist/careerist woman in Houston.
What I'm saying is that a great natural environment where you can de-stress easily just by walking outside serves to reduce a woman's stress level to where she's less needing to rely on sex as a stress relief outlet. This would apply to places like San Diego, Hawaii, and the Mediterranean Sea area as well.

On a somewhat related note, warmer places with hot/humid summers tend to amplify a woman's sex drive (Houston, Arizona, and Florida would be examples)

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I'm here. I've found the 'non-binary' LGBTQ... is mostly a form of virtue signaling. Girls here are still hungry for dvck. Being a Woke feminist is a perfect way for women to keep men they aren't into a arms length. But. Like anywhere. They break rules for guys they are into.
Well, that's more marvelous than Ms Maisel's bare bosom to read :)

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A while back, I wrote a thread saying that the bad gender ratio and abundance of single men is the blame for society wide problems with dating. It is that simple regardless of the politics. Even if the single dudes are dorks, like most single dudes in San Fran are, it still leads to an inflated ego on the women. I got backlash for it.

We have too many single men in the prime dating ages, that is why female ego is through the roof.