Two dates. No kiss. What should I do?

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so I know the sosuave rule of thumb is get the kiss before the end of date number two. Well, it hasent happened yet. Not really stressing over it but maybe I should. There has been little to no kino on our dates. Its funny, before I asked her out there was all kinds of kino from her end. Grabbing my arm, rubbing my back, bumping into me. But after I asked her out, nothing. Maybe she expects me to initate, whcih makes sense.

So, what do I do now? The first date went alright. Was a little bit awkward, conversation seemed forced. The second date was last night and I feel like we really hit it off. Had a good time. The only problem is the kino. No hand holding, no compliments, no nothing. I fear the friend zone and know I am heading there quick if I dont make a move. Shes made it clear that she has other options.

So, heres what Im thinking of doing. Calling her today for a movie date saturday. Movie date = kino date, right?

Any advice?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What did you do, for the dates, your first two times?

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
What did you do, for the dates, your first two times?
First date = Dinner/Drinks
Second date = Batting cages(action date, thanx sosuave!)/Drinks

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP failed to mention a minor detaile in his original description of the situation. My advice doesn't apply in those types of situations.

Last edited:

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I call her for a movie tomorrow night and put the moves on her then?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP failed to mention a minor detaile in his original description of the situation. My advice doesn't apply in those types of situations.

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scottfall said:
Alright, so I know the sosuave rule of thumb is get the kiss before the end of date number two. Well, it hasent happened yet. Not really stressing over it but maybe I should. There has been little to no kino on our dates. Its funny, before I asked her out there was all kinds of kino from her end. Grabbing my arm, rubbing my back, bumping into me. But after I asked her out, nothing. Maybe she expects me to initate, whcih makes sense.

So, what do I do now? The first date went alright. Was a little bit awkward, conversation seemed forced. The second date was last night and I feel like we really hit it off. Had a good time. The only problem is the kino. No hand holding, no compliments, no nothing. I fear the friend zone and know I am heading there quick if I dont make a move. Shes made it clear that she has other options.

So, heres what Im thinking of doing. Calling her today for a movie date saturday. Movie date = kino date, right?

Any advice?
Alight, this is going to be a bit of a rant but it's not specifically about your situation but how a lot of guys are going about (mis)using seduction information. First and foremost "rules," pfffffftttttt...... This isn't a pickup game of flag football or softball fellas. Rules are used when all parties agree to follow them for some predetermined, agreed upon goal. Why the hell do guys believe that this concept work with women escapes me. Well, actually it doesn't. Men by nature like things to happen in a predictable order so that they can feel more in control of the situation... yadda... yadda... yadda.... Boring psycho-babble shullbit (shullbit - figure it out).

Anyway, these so called rules are either holding guys back or making them worried, anxious and apprehensive. My suggestion is to use what you learn as concepts which can be easily tweaked and massaged to your liking (much like breast) and made to work in conjunction with your personality and the situation at hand. The concepts should guide you, not hold you back. Remember my rants (er, posts) about email addresses and phone numbers being a waste most of the time, there's an example.

Now as your situation I can guess at a few rules you're following that are in fact working against you.
  • Seem disinterested
  • Have action dates
  • Kiss close by date #2 or next her
  • Drink in order to get comfortable
There may be a couple of more but that was all that were blatant. Now, instead of using these rules, consider the concepts that they are trying to instill:
  • Don't treat the situation as if she was the last woman on Earth, you had an incurable disease and the antidote could only be found in her uterus.
  • Be comfortable during your date. Men feel most comfortable when they are doing something which is a distraction. Unfortunately the way that women gain initial interest is by direct interaction with the guy. How do batting cages help you achieve this?
  • Things seem to work better when mutual chemistry is established sooner than later. Men read this as getting a goodnight kiss or better yet getting laid. Yeah, that works but there are a ton of other option which don't involve bodily fluid believe it or not.
  • Even though you may be nervous during the date, with effort you can turn it into charismatic energy which could attract the woman. Why would you take a depressant in order to make you more comfortable? Call it loosening your inhibitions if you'd like, all it truly does is take away your self control; very sexy. Drink if you enjoy the taste of alcohol, don't use it as a crutch believing it will make you the man that you'd like to be.
Now for your situation, following the rules have set you back. Don't believe me, consider how the two of you got along before you asked her out and started following "the rules." You even pointed out what probably slowed you down (the lack of kino). Like Gangster of Love said, you need to step it up man (if it's not too late).

Next time if something is working like playful kino, don't let rules stop you from doing what seems to be working (busy trying to do what you feel is right than what actually works). I'm not saying forget what you've learned but it's no way a perfect guide to interact with women. You need to take what you've learned and implement it in a manner that works for you while paying attention to your environment in order to make adjustments when necessary.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll be lucky to get a third date. You had better make something of it if you get the chance.

Read up on the 'kiss test.' You stroke her hair and look into her eyes, and if she will tolerate that, then she wants to kiss you.

If you are lucky enough to get a third date, you won't get a fourth unless you at least make out with her.

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much bull**** coming at me from all different angles. Im thinking Im going to have to say screw it and just stop giving a **** in general. So pissed at everything right now, including myself.

Fvck it.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP failed to mention a minor detail in his original description of the situation. My advice doesn't apply in those types of situations.and make it happen.

Last edited:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need more info SCOTT. Your date descriptions are really vague and you've given us no background to work from. I could go off in all kinds of different directions with this. Give me specifics. Ages, how you met, events that led up to each date, events on the dates, etc.

You'll get a more useful response if you go into more detail.

amsnol

Reaction score
Fvck that sh!t. Don't worry about what she does. She wants to see other guys? Let her - she can go fvck herself for all you care, as long as she treats you like a king - which you are. The problem is that she feels like she has control.

AND SHE'S RIGHT! You are sittin here tripping because you haven't kissed after the second date, and asking what you did wrong. You should be the one making her qualify herself to you - it's HER fault - she hasn't been showing you enough interest on your dates - and YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PUT UP WITH THAT. IF you ever see her again, which YOU MAY NOT EVEN WANT TO, because SHE PLAYS GAMES, and you don't put up with that sh!t, you make your move, and if she turns you down, fvck her and move on. You can never win when a girl has control.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scottfall said:

Any advice?

Dude you are pretty much done. Get some game and step it up quick. She's probably already slept with another guy on her second date with him. Ask for a 3rd date and crank up the heat.

Get some game!!

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah more info. This could be interesting.

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright...

Her: 26
Me: 25

Ive known this girl for the past six years through work. She left after getting married, but came back a year ago after getting a divorce. In the past year Ive gotten to know her a little better but really started talking to her about a month ago. I asked her out Sunday two weeks ago and went out with her that Tuesday. The date was a little awkward, she talked alot- I asked questions. Didnt really feel like we clicked. Called her for a second date this past Monday, didnt hear back until Wednesday.. we set something up for Thurs(last night). Had a really good time last night, felt like we clicked. Just didnt do any kino whatsoever. NONE. Not even a hand hold. The idea didnt strike me until afterwards, not sure why. And then yea.. called her an hour ago to go to the movies Saturday.

Also. She knows Im bisexual. So that may throw a wrench into things. How I found out about her being interested is she told one of my coworkers "its a shame hes gay, ide like to date him." I made it clear on the first date that Im bi.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scottfall said:
...I made it clear on the first date that Im bi.
What part of that was supposed to raise her interest in you? For you there's a distinction between gay and bi but what does that mean to a heterosexual woman?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You gotta be fvckin' kidding me!!!! Either you are a troll, or are seriously delusional. Either way, it is fvckin' funny!

Come on!

scottfall

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
What part of that was supposed to raise her interest in you? For you there's a distinction between gay and bi but what does that mean to a heterosexual woman?
Well for a woman, a gay guy dosent want to fvck u but a bi guy does. Im not a troll, just lost in my thinking and hoping sosuave would give me some guidance. Im doing a good job, when she didnt call me right away after monday I would have called her again monday night, but because of sosuave I waited for her to call. And she did.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scottfall said:
Well for a woman, a gay guy dosent want to fvck u but a bi guy does....
So is her goal is just to fvck you or is that your goal?