Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trying so hard not to give up.

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no completion in life, man. You never stop creating.

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMjy_JrdO4E

Last edited:

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
I suggest you see a doctor and ask if you meet the criteria for depression. I am real serious here.

He has admitted that he has clinical depression, but does not have money for therapy or medication.

We did exchange some PM's a few months back, and he did not want to take any advice on board.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anti-depressants are pyrrhic, as they just provide only a bandaid, masking and thus exacerbating the issue at stake.

My physiological recommendation is to visit an HRT doctor. Test your free & total testosterone, gf-1, and estradiol levels. Judging by your age, weight, your posts, and your lack of initiative, you could have a physiological shortage.

If you are short in any of the aforementioned hormones, depression is a common side effect. If you have no money for blood tests and doctor, secure medicaid and then go.

Once you are ready to rumble again, and want a battle plan; feel free to PM me.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot has been said here... So I will say one thing.

"You can't have a positive outlook if you have negative energy"

So.. What's that mean? It means do whatever the fvck it takes to kill that negative energy. Hit the gym... Do something new with your kid.. Help a stranger, fake it til ya make it.. Whatever it is... DO IT.

Epi

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what do we have here after three pages?

Camp A argues:

Warrior doesn't have a right to complain because some people are worse off than him.

This is the shîttiest argument. Whoever says that, let's talk after you have something as mild as a fractured twinkie and talk at the hospital. Even the slightest health issue/obstacle completely alters our reality and perception of life. It's easy to argue from a warm arm-chair that he *must* be happy because of what he has. Sounds good on paper, but never works in a breakdown like this.

Camp B argues:

Warrior doesn't have a right to complain because he has not tried enough.

Well, with all due respect, you don't know that. Plus, there's no established definition of what "trying" constitutes. He may have pushed his limits but may not have tried enough according to others' standards. This argument is certainly stronger than Camp A --- but it has to be sugar coated and nicely put, because I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of your "tough love" shyt when you have one good thing to say once in a blue moon, you have to say it like an ass.

Camp C argues:

Past does not equal future / Optimism goes a long way / Stand up and March on Soldier.

Best we have, and best we can ever give him at the moment.

Summary

Finally ask him whether you can do something for him that will mean the world to him and isn't a big deal for you. You don't have to fvcking philosophize everything and explain it. Sometimes, just saying "I feel you brother, keep your chin up" is better than an objectively correct manifesto full of vitriol .

Remember in real life, you are putting up with whiners that are 2 orders of magnitude worse than Warrior, if you consider him a whiner. They are family, coworkers, husbands, wives, brother in laws, bosses, kids, and what have you.

Just because you are anonymous, don't feel "justified" in passing judgement, none of us *really* knows what he's going through.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the bototm line is bro you got people that really give a **** about you. don't be afraid to talk, real talk. I'll make time to talk to you man.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior is going to be and do fine. This--all--is a part of his growth and mission in life. Although assistance will always be here--and much respect to all for that--Warrior needs no assistance.

Yo'Mama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:

Camp A argues:

Warrior doesn't have a right to complain because some people are worse off than him.

This is the shîttiest argument. Whoever says that, let's talk after you have something as mild as a fractured twinkie and talk at the hospital. Even the slightest health issue/obstacle completely alters our reality and perception of life. It's easy to argue from a warm arm-chair that he *must* be happy because of what he has. Sounds good on paper, but never works in a breakdown like this.

Camp B argues:

Well, with all due respect, you don't know that. Plus, there's no established definition of what "trying" constitutes. He may have pushed his limits but may not have tried enough according to others' standards. This argument is certainly stronger than Camp A --- but it has to be sugar coated and nicely put, because I don't know about you guys, but I am sick of your "tough love" shyt when you have one good thing to say once in a blue moon, you have to say it like an ass.

Camp C argues:

Past does not equal future / Optimism goes a long way / Stand up and March on Soldier.

Summary

Finally ask him whether you can do something for him that will mean the world to him and isn't a big deal for you. You don't have to fvcking philosophize everything and explain it. Sometimes, just saying "I feel you brother, keep your chin up" is better than an objectively correct manifesto full of vitriol .

Remember in real life, you are putting up with whiners that are 2 orders of magnitude worse than Warrior, if you consider him a whiner. They are family, coworkers, husbands, wives, brother in laws, bosses, kids, and what have you.

Just because you are anonymous, don't feel "justified" in passing judgement, none of us *really* knows what he's going through.
This. Get sick of reading the tough love, positive attitude at all times or you're a loser type posts.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Warrior is going to be and do fine. This--all--is a part of his growth and mission in life. Although assistance will always be here--and much respect to all for that--Warrior needs no assistance.
I have a feeling I'd rather hear it from the man itself, other than somebody who thinks life is some sort of RPG in "hard" mode and nobody is allowed to cheat.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:

Camp A argues:

Camp B argues:

Camp C argues:

Summary

This guy gets it. Anyway. Thanks for all the good thoughts from everyone who gave them out. Nothing left to do but enjoy the ride. I'm looking for a job in a different market to make more money. It means I'll have to leave my daughter behind which is the only reason I was staying in this **** town, working a **** job barely keeping my head above water every month to be close to her. Hell I work so much I don't even get to see her anyway. Why am I even here? I can't start a business here and I can't bootstrap anything without cash. The women here are either out of my league financially, or unattractive. Investors are not an option for a small business and I don't have the credit to get loans. The three Fs won't work either (friends, family, fools). There's no other options but to move on. It's been heartbreaking and disheartening, but I'm out of options. Good luck gents.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you found your solution with moving. Sometimes it's not you, it's your location. There are some towns where a guy just doesn't fit and just can't get ahead no matter what he does. In another town things are different enough to make all the difference.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I'm looking for a job in a different market to make more money.
Location can be a huge factor. I bet you're on the right track here.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read this whole thread; didn't really want to chime in with some useless platitudes. There is some good advice here, but sometimes it's more meaningful and genuine just to hear someone out rather than try to fix their problem.

My first thought was not that he wasn't trying hard enough, or not being positive enough. YOU try being positive when your life sucks that bad. My thought was that he needs to "cut bait".

I'm no quitter, and I'm a big believer in "grinding"; but I do believe there is a certain point of futility you reach when you just have to step back and reevaluate your whole position. As in where you live, what you do, who you associate with.

You can fish and fish and fish and fish, but after long enough, 'patience' turns into stupidity you just have to cut bait and start fresh. New lake, new day, new strategy.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I got my car fixed, started working on my diet, and decided to go all in on one last all out effort on this business idea. If this fails, I'll continue to self improve and I'll ramp up my freelance work to save money for moving. Thanks for the tough love bros. I appreciate it. It's my job to fix this.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Warrior,

While I'm new to this forum and really have no background on this, I have been reviewing the thread.

1.) You mention that you had clients or are pursuing clients, what do you sell?

2.) Do you have any form of higher education?

3.) You mentioned that you were lacking on capital, but you have been "trying this" for 20 years or something? Why don't you just go be an employee for someone else if you have experience?

4.) Are you a bad looking guy? I understand that your finances might not be "up to par" but unless you are a horrible looking person surely there are women out there that will still talk to you?

Just trying to help out, we all "hit a rough patch" but the KEY thing that we must keep in mind is having an efficient PLAN. It's nothing wrong with having a "bad month" as long as we are on path to having the "quarter" that we wanted to have.

So I wanted to ask some questions to try and gauge what your Career Plan is (if you are even willing to share that on an open forum such as this). From there, I can most likely give you some real pointers, information, resources to try and get something going your way.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
So I got my car fixed, started working on my diet, and decided to go all in on one last all out effort on this business idea. If this fails, I'll continue to self improve and I'll ramp up my freelance work to save money for moving. Thanks for the tough love bros. I appreciate it. It's my job to fix this.
Good job. Hang in there.