Trying so hard not to give up.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Warrior,

While I'm new to this forum and really have no background on this, I have been reviewing the thread.

1.) You mention that you had clients or are pursuing clients, what do you sell?

Advertising and media production.

2.) Do you have any form of higher education?

Yes. College degree in Broadcast Media.

3.) You mentioned that you were lacking on capital, but you have been "trying this" for 20 years or something? Why don't you just go be an employee for someone else if you have experience?

No I've been working in this industry for 20 years, besides a six year stint in management I've been pretty much stuck at entry level or a step above. This is not a high paying industry in my area. I am currently an employee and I hate it. I've been trying to get a sustainable business going the last few years by leveraging my experience into serving my own clients.

4.) Are you a bad looking guy? I understand that your finances might not be "up to par" but unless you are a horrible looking person surely there are women out there that will still talk to you?

The women that want me, I don't want. I'm a 5 on a great day.

Just trying to help out, we all "hit a rough patch" but the KEY thing that we must keep in mind is having an efficient PLAN. It's nothing wrong with having a "bad month" as long as we are on path to having the "quarter" that we wanted to have.

So I wanted to ask some questions to try and gauge what your Career Plan is (if you are even willing to share that on an open forum such as this). From there, I can most likely give you some real pointers, information, resources to try and get something going your way.

Wait you mean I'm supposed to have a plan? :crazy: I have plan, but right now I'm working my way though step one. The end game would be consulting and teaching with several streams of income from my businesses.
Replies in bold.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As gay as it sounds, i make a gratitude list every morning. I can start taking **** for granted and start letting things irritate me and drepress me. I wake up and i make 50 things I'm grateful for. Once a year i'll make a list of 200 things. It works.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best of luck Warrior. Remember as long as you've got a pulse you've got a fighting chance.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Warrior,

Okay, so is this the only position you have right now? So I assume you are selling Advertising to local commercial clients for airing on TV and Radio? Or are you selling other types of Advertising such as that in the Yellow Pages, etc.?

When you say you want to get a business going by serving your own clients, I'm confused as to what you would do differently than you already are doing?

With your industry it depends on the type of dollar of Advertising you are selling and your actual "value" as a consultant. If you feel you are good at selling B2B and are maxed out in your current position, why not sell another product? There's a host of other products you can sell with your 20 years of experience and the fact that you DID complete a college degree (I assume a BA).

I totally understand you on the women side, I'm running into that same problem where the women I WANT don't seem to have high enough interest, versus the women I don't want basically would split their throats over me.

For the career thing, I would seek to sell a totally different product in another industry, move into another territory market (if you have territories), seek to sell another form of Advertising, and/or I would go back to school and seek a Master's/PhD to move into a teaching position for an Advertising course at a local small college.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback your a bit off the mark but i do appcriate your words. I won't discuss any more about that on an open forum. You understand.