Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tried to set up a date through text !!! Didn't work.

Commandante

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
A lot of the OLDER guys on this forum say "never text, that's for pvssies" etc etc.

Truth be told, if both of you are younger, which you obviously are, there is nothing wrong with texting AS LONG AS YOU DON'T
care about the older guys doing the chick you are texting to.

Duracell_Bunny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gears of Led Zep said:
Anyway I called her--she didnt pick up so I left a message saying call me back.
Theres one mistake right there. You should have really left message saying something like "Hey I'm free on.... we should do something. I'll call you later".

A lot of people on this board disagree with texting to arrange dates. Maybe its a different thing where I live but I have been very sucussful through text. Although... don't arrange the details of the date, just the time.

Gears of Led Zep said:

Her: Hey bestie. Why'd you call?
Me: Cuz I kno when we're gonna hang out
Her: When
Me: On friday at 6:04 pm
Her: 6:04? (yes you stupid cvnt)
Me: Pacific.
Her: Specific, you mean? Lol.
Me: Haha no, pacific like time zones. But nvm. Yea around 6 you should meet me in (city)
Her: Why in (city)? I mean I'll be working at a golf tourney there, but still
Me: Cuz I haven't been at that bowling alley in hecka long haha
Her: Oh we are bowling? Lol
Me: Yes, are you any good HB?
Her: Lol I'm like so pro.
Me: Oh im pretty terrible, youll have to help me out
Me: With your "pro" skills haha
Her: Oh dang it, I can't help you. Lol I'm terrible too. I was hoping you'd be good so I could copy you. Haha
Me: Oh your just trying to show off for me then? Tsk now we'll have two terrible bowlers
Her: Lol well if my two friends come, that's four
Me; GOODNIGHT BlTCH (by I didnt really say this, I just politely said I was gonna pass out if I kept the convo going....was like 11:00 at night)
^^ That "oh am terrible at bowling, you need to help me out" is the sort of thing to say AT the bowling ally.

I could have arranged that within 2/3 messages. Heres an example of my a previous chick I met in a bar:

"Hey its Duracell, we met the other night at....How did the rest of your night go?"

"Hey, was... blah blah blah. Hbu?"

"Yeah...(some random comical moment, maybe teasing her over what she said). I'm free Wedsnesday night, lets go for a drink"

"Going for a drink sounds good. I finish work at 7pm, can do anytime after 8?"

"sure"

- cut contact - Received random texts in meantime, ignored most and kept brief.

Called her up on the day of the date to arrange. Job done.

Similar situation but was a second date with a different chick.
Called her up and left a message saying "Enjoyed meet you on Sunday. We should so something again this weekend. I'll call you tommorow". I missed her call back, she left a text of
"Yeah that sounds good. Are you free Saturday evening?"
"9pm?"
"Sounds great"
Again, no contact. Called on day to arrange specifics.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Your problem is your making a date to go on a date. YOU DON'T MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO GO ON A DATE!!!! When you set an appointment to see a chick at a future time, it's a slight DLV because you're making the chick the event. Plus your making the following mistakes.

1) You're assuming that you're important enough in her life that she'll set aside a predetermined block of time to kick with you some time in the future.

2) That you're her option. If she's a 7 or up. You're not her only option and she will quickly "forget," the date she has with you to go out with a guy she's really interested in.

The next time you decide you want to go with this chick you need to be "doing something," for example call her, engage in mindless conversation a bit, then say "Bestie. I'm at the mall. Meet me at the Gap and help me pick out some pants." If you're a good girl, I might buy you something to eat."

She's either going to do one of two things. Agree to meet you or blow you off. She isn't invested emotionally, so the likelihood of her breaking future dates is extremely high.

Also stop all of this damn texting. The game is played in person and the phone is only a tool to used to facilitate seeing her again some time in the future. Good luck.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honesty, you did pretty well- I like the directness of telling when you two were going to get together, and asking out via text is perfectly acceptable for younger girls.

The problem is that her interest is not that high. She's not low interest, b/c she returned your call, but if she was really digging you, she'd make herself more available.

The group date thing is bad news; that will be a complete waste of time for you. I would cancel last minute if friends are coming- just make up an excuse.

Also, for next time, make the hang something that is near her place, and during the week. She's more likely to accept if it is low key and doesn't interfere with weekend plans. In fact, I wouldn't give a girl a weekend night until we've been dating for a month. Save the weekends for having fun with your friends.

Still- be prepared for a LJBF with this one.