Trends I've Noticed While Clubbing Over the Years...

blueline

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh, has it really changed that much? Status and/or looks pull the girl. Duh.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny you should mention the muscleman affliction t-**** type. Around here it's skinny hipsters pounding back pabst.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clubs might be difficult, but they're hardly impossible. Also, bringing girls with you should be your #1 priority anyway. Having a social circle with tons of girls, hot or not, is going to do more for your game than having the best wingman in the world. Period. Plus those girls you bring will be begging for you to plow them when they see you with the other women hitting on you from the preselection they give you.

Group of girls A you roll in with gives you preselection to women in the venue.
Group of girls B you meet in the club gives you preselection with Group A.

It's diabolically efficient and is the bulk of my girls lately.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not always that straight forward, Nutz.

Some girls (tiny minority) in my social circle are happy with giving the guys social proof for the purpose of chatting up other girls at a club. They're the ones who are happy in their relationship.

Most girls are not. They tightly guard their resource of male attention. They don't even want the guys whom they have no intention of bonking or having a relationship with to chat other girls up. They can be the biggest c0ckblockers. My buddy has unwittingly been a victim of this on many occasions until I pointed that out to him.

You can't always choose to just have the smaller first group of girls to hang out with.

That is a part of what I meant by people from different groups just stick to their own and don't interact with each other.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm so sick of all this negativity, all I see is bitter men bitching about everything wrong with nightlife today. instead of complaining, making excuses and blaming other people for your own shortcomings why not work towards improving yourself in all aspects of your life. Stop bitching and do something about it, GO HARD OR GO HOME! Stop wishing things were easier, wish you were better.

If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it.

http://yasik.kiev.ua/jj/Courage_Wolf/Courage_Wolf_seize_the_day.jpg

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
teacha said:
I'm so sick of all this negativity, all I see is bitter men bitching about everything wrong with nightlife today. instead of complaining, making excuses and blaming other people for your own shortcomings why not work towards improving yourself in all aspects of your life. Stop bitching and do something about it, GO HARD OR GO HOME! Stop wishing things were easier, wish you were better.

If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it.

http://yasik.kiev.ua/jj/Courage_Wolf/Courage_Wolf_seize_the_day.jpg
SHUT THE FVCK UP.

Nobody is bytching, it's new observations. Stop actig like you've seen or had any different. Everybody here agrees on these observations. Now, you come out with this cvck of shyt? Nobody is wishing for things to be better, we're listing down the modern day flaws in clubs. If you're doing the damn thing, then get your buddies to post some infield-footage of you in the club.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Btw on the PUA methods & routines, the vast majority of them are heavily verbal and would not work in a super loud club.
This.
This.

A few years back as a student I used to hit up a lounge frequented by a lot of college kids. Back then, it was a good venue to run game with good grinding music.

I returned there a few weeks ago for the first time in years. The whole venue had been renovated. More private booths and fewer open standing spaces outside the dance floor, making it logistically harder to open sets. In the past, the music - though loud - was still acceptable enough to make conversation. This time the volume was so deafening all through the lounge that running verbal-oriented PUA/Mystery Method style game was next to impossible. The speakers were practically spitting static as they could barely handle the decibel levels.

We spent all our night in the smoking patio. Good place to pick up, but I live in a cold, northern city so this won't be feasible for a while.

I've noticed this in all the venues in my area. Nearly all the posters here from various cities agree. It's a near-universal trend. WTF is going on?

I suspect it's this - club owners run clubs to make money, not get you laid. So they crank up the music, and people buy more alcohol to cope with the awkwardness of shouting in conversation. At that point, only primal modes of communication are feasible - which alcohol promotes. Profit.

At some point a breaking point may be reached when guys start boycotting clubs. But (more likely) guys are horny and will continue to hit the clubs in the vain hope of getting some ass. And for many guys, it's the only outlet for meeting women.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Mad Ghost said:
SHUT THE FVCK UP.

Nobody is bytching, it's new observations. Stop actig like you've seen or had any different. Everybody here agrees on these observations. Now, you come out with this cvck of shyt? Nobody is wishing for things to be better, we're listing down the modern day flaws in clubs. If you're doing the damn thing, then get your buddies to post some infield-footage of you in the club.
the only reason everyone here agrees on these so-called observations is because you are all seeing it from one point-of-view: the bottom of the food-chain. You are all coming up with silly excuses as to why you aint getting any action in clubs to make yourselves feel better but the truth is you can't stand the fvcking competition. Nobody is going to make it any easier for you but yourself. Constantly work on yourself (physically, financially, mentally, socially, spiritually) and everything will fall into place, this isn't rocket science, if you want hot girls then get your ass in shape. You could have all the confidence in the world but if you are fat/skinny some girls won't even give you the time of day.

Some of you guys on here got this "game is all" mentality and think GAME alone is enough to get you laid with the hottest girls you desire. Sure, you may land a hotbabe in your bed but your results are gonna be few and far between unless you improve all the other aspects of your life.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
spinaroonie said:
This.
This.

A few years back as a student I used to hit up a lounge frequented by a lot of college kids. Back then, it was a good venue to run game with good grinding music.

I returned there a few weeks ago for the first time in years. The whole venue had been renovated. More private booths and fewer open standing spaces outside the dance floor, making it logistically harder to open sets. In the past, the music - though loud - was still acceptable enough to make conversation. This time the volume was so deafening all through the lounge that running verbal-oriented PUA/Mystery Method style game was next to impossible. The speakers were practically spitting static as they could barely handle the decibel levels.

We spent all our night in the smoking patio. Good place to pick up, but I live in a cold, northern city so this won't be feasible for a while.

I've noticed this in all the venues in my area. Nearly all the posters here from various cities agree. It's a near-universal trend. WTF is going on?

I suspect it's this - club owners run clubs to make money, not get you laid. So they crank up the music, and people buy more alcohol to cope with the awkwardness of shouting in conversation. At that point, only primal modes of communication are feasible - which alcohol promotes. Profit.

At some point a breaking point may be reached when guys start boycotting clubs. But (more likely) guys are horny and will continue to hit the clubs in the vain hope of getting some ass. And for many guys, it's the only outlet for meeting women.
I don't know what northern city you live in (NYC, perhaps?), but I know that the clubs favor the women and not the men unless they got money. Club owners know that guys go to clubs a lot in the hopes of meeting chicks, so they let the ladies drink for free and free cover charge. They charge men 20 bucks cover charge and 5 bucks for drinks. 3 bucks for a soda too!

I live in Atlanta, so I sneak my own drinks in the clubs, and I did notice that most clubs can be sausagefests, with the few girls there all being taken. Girls' defenses are raised much higher and they are in groups more. There's a cocblocker in there too.

There's one type of person the OP forgot to mention in clubs: Ms. I'm updating my Facebook and Twitter all night! She'll be on her phone texting all night, chatting on Facebook, and Tweeting about what she's going through in clubs.

Why the hell do girls go to clubs to tweet all night? The ultimate b**ch shield like ipods in the gym! I see many women going there to chill with the homegirls, get guys to finance their night on the town, diktease guys, and get their attention fix/ ego stroked.

Lately, I've witnessed guys go in the clubs in Atlanta with their female family members (mom, sister, etc.) so much it's crazy, and other guys rent high end cars just for that night. I've even seen women in their 60's & 70's in these clubs and having more fun than young men! Even trying to hook up with them is a crap shoot, considering that even they have a lot of options.

Club game was much easier in the 90's, as it was fun for both men and women alike. Now it's like ladies and club staff, let's play a game! How much money can you extract from the guys tonight? The best weapon you can have in clubs is to be handsome as hell and/ or famous. If you're rich, women can't see that right off the bat, so it's not something that shines that easily.

F**k paying for clubs, I do day game and try for older women typically.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
teacha said:
the only reason everyone here agrees on these so-called observations is because you are all seeing it from one point-of-view: the bottom of the food-chain. You are all coming up with silly excuses as to why you aint getting any action in clubs to make yourselves feel better but the truth is you can't stand the fvcking competition. Nobody is going to make it any easier for you but yourself. Constantly work on yourself (physically, financially, mentally, socially, spiritually) and everything will fall into place, this isn't rocket science, if you want hot girls then get your ass in shape. You could have all the confidence in the world but if you are fat/skinny some girls won't even give you the time of day.

Some of you guys on here got this "game is all" mentality and think GAME alone is enough to get you laid with the hottest girls you desire. Sure, you may land a hotbabe in your bed but your results are gonna be few and far between unless you improve all the other aspects of your life.
Dude, how many girls have you taken home from a club in the last 6 months?

Razor Sharp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have long deserted nightclubs, mostly because I can't stand the crap they play there. Seriously who the f*ck do I have to kill to hear some music with soul/rhythm to it? All this experimental dubstep, cheesy hiphop and aggressive electro is just not sexy music! I remember going to clubs in the late 80s, now THAT was some horny music. A little dirty disco, some sultry house or R&B - it was all conducive to some good dancing by both sexes. Nowadays I could walk in the club with a raging boner and instantly go flaccid once I hear what's playing.

I really believe that the music is what is creating these vibes. Play less aggressive, loud and noisy garbage and you will see the sausage-to-taco ratio radically decrease. I went to a few parties in Boston and New York where the music was SLAMMING. Really great funk/soul/reggae all night and the women were not only hot as hell, they were getting down and dirty, and totally open to dance with any brother who knew how to move. No trouble getting laid there at all.

If you really enjoy nightlife/game, then you should probably figure out a way to pressure promoters to bring in some DJS who know how to create the right atmosphere. It all begins there.

As for the meatheads, to me they were never an issue. I notice that they don't do too well in terms of closing. Frankly it's because they tend to look/dress like faggots with tight shirts so you can see every muscle. They also apparently think it's a good idea to shave/pluck their eyebrows into a more chiseled shape, compounding the gay image. Take that same guy, and put him in looser fitting clothes without the excessive grooming or fake tan and THEN you'd have a reason to be intimidated by the competition.

Fatties.. yes I must admit there is an epidemic in this country. Guys need to start voting against this trend with their penis. If these heffers weren't getting laid, believe me they'd do something about it.

@Mad Ghost,

I opened a speed walker last week by mocking her. I walked right next to her without saying a word and proceeded to out-pace her, occasionally pulling back and letting her go past me, before catching up and passing her again. Each time I did I made sure to exaggerate her strut and move my hips the way she did, clearly poking fun. We stopped at a light and I didn't look at her till it was about to turn green, kinda how drag racers do before you wave the checkered flag. She finally started laughing and slowed her pace down enough for me to open her. We had a sort of instant date and it turns out she wasn't even going anywhere - that's just how she always walks in order to ..... drumroll......... avoid creepy guys.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Razor Sharp said:
I opened a speed walker last week by mocking her. I walked right next to her without saying a word and proceeded to out-pace her, occasionally pulling back and letting her go past me, before catching up and passing her again. Each time I did I made sure to exaggerate her strut and move my hips the way she did, clearly poking fun. We stopped at a light and I didn't look at her till it was about to turn green, kinda how drag racers do before you wave the checkered flag. She finally started laughing and slowed her pace down enough for me to open her. We had a sort of instant date and it turns out she wasn't even going anywhere - that's just how she always walks in order to ..... drumroll......... avoid creepy guys.
Well played. Yes, in the mindset of today's woman every guy is a creep/creepy/creeper. It's a shaming tactic to discourage undesirable guys from approaching.

In the past "creepy" was a term used to describe the Addams Family or a haunted house that made your skin crawl or a horror movie that gave you goosebumps.

Sometime around 2004 it became misappropriated to describe an awkward approach from an undesirable male.

Another one is "creeper". Never heard this term prior to 2-3 years ago. Same thing as a creep?

A new one is "creeping". Used to describe hitting on girls. Displacing macking (popular in the 90s/early 2000s) except "macking" had a cool, fun vibe to it. "Creeping" not so much.

All of these terms are harmful as they discourage healthy, normal social interactions between men and women.

And I wish I'd been old enough to experience clubbing in the 80s/90s. I think the whole "guys are creepy/girls gotta stick together" schoolyard mindset was a lot less prevalent back then. And obviously, no cell phones back
then.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
teacha, the point of a site like this is for guys to share the whats, wheres, whys and whens of picking up. In this case, it's the where: the best places for picking up. Night clubs used to be great, but they're getting sh1thouse. Not just for the average guys, even the stars are struggling.

Btw I live in Australia. It's not just North America that it's happening to.

Razor Sharp, hear, hear, about the lame music being played these days.

And I'm doing something about the DJs & music at certain venues I have some pull over.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend did find his wife at club some years ago and there still together happily so don't give up if that's your goal.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the problem is that women have no need to meet strange guys nowadays. A typical woman in her early 20's usually er a social circle close friends, followed by progressively larger circles of acquaintances from work, school, etc., followed by an even larger number of online "friends." It's not uncommon for an attractive girl to have a fan club of over a thousand facebook "friends."

With those kind of numbers, any attention and, subsequently, interest she might allocate to a strange male is going to be seriously compromised. Most likely, she already has a few high status males that she's already interested in, as technology has made them more accessible. For a stranger, even one with game and looks, to become more than an afterthought, it's going to take a number of repeated exposures--not two hours in a club.

Also, trying for a same night pull is pointless unless you live near the venue. Logistics are a HUGE deal, and there are SO many things that can go wrong, the least of them being a 30 min cab ride to your place. Go out near your home base if you want to have a shot at taking home a girl.

The only answer I see is to use cold approaches to expand your social circle, and work from there. Social circle game is SO MUCH EASIER!! Of course, this is best done outside of clubs.

Guys flock to clubs because it is the path of least resistance. For a fee, they can interact (usually unsuccessfully) with all the beautiful women that the high status guys get for free. Considering that most beautiful women get their cover charges waived and free drinks all night, any guy that pays a cover is already acknowledging the inherent social value gap between men and women. The average guy has NO value in a club. Contrast this with something like a yoga class, which has a 8:1 ratio of women to men; sure, it's not somewhere you can go when you're desperate at 1 in the morning, but it's a hell of a lot more fruitful approach.

Go where you are valued, and the women become much more accessible. That's all there is to it.

Razor Sharp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
The only answer I see is to use cold approaches to expand your social circle, and work from there. Social circle game is SO MUCH EASIER!! Of course, this is best done outside of clubs.
We are of like minds Jeff. 90% of my cold approaches end up becoming orbiters. I've always got someone in rotation so I have no need for speed f*cking some hoe I met at the club, and can afford to be patient and just meet people by proxy.

If I am screening a new girl and sense that the heat is not picking up the way I want, I preemptively LJBF them and tap into her pool of hot friends (ever notice the hot ones tend to flock together?) Very little effort is involved afterwards.

The few times I do hit a bar or night environment, I usually go with at least 2 of these lady friends draped around me like fox skins. I get a lot more warmth from sets when I walk in with that kind fo social proof. To be honest every once in a while I will lone-wolf it just because its almost too easy this way. Ditto on street approaches - even though there is little chance anything will come of it, you never know. Plus I just find it all too amusing, breaking people's defenses and throwing a happy monkey wrench in their day.

No matter how you slice it, change is nothing new to the game. It's up to us as players to adapt, as this is one of the major qualities that women will always biologically flock to without understanding why.

He who hustles never goes hungry!

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think it's bad that all these guys look like the Jersey Shore clones, try living ON THE JERSEY SHORE.

I avoid nightclubs a lot now, because it's just not my scene anymore. I'd rather have a nice sports bar with a cozy atmosphere, somewhere a little friendlier, because people are more apt to be social in that environment.

B*tch shields disappear at a social bar more than at a nightclub.

But, alas, I went to one last Saturday because they were showing UFC with no cover. Upon walking in, I see a friend of mine who was thrilled because The Situation was apparently there. I wouldn't have known, because everyone there looked exactly like him. It was crazy. I sat at the bar and observed EVERY SINGLE THING in the OP's list.

It was like watching a social experiment unfold. I saw guys approaching girls and getting into the mix but also saw some turned down. The phone phenomenon is incredible, but to be honest, I actually caught myself looking at my own phone a few times... for no reason (This happen to anyone?).

The women dancing in their own little circle has ALWAYS been in existence, that one I've never ceased to exist and never will. It happens, regardless, but I did notice the increased sense of entitlement from women that would score no more than a 4 or 5.

I saw a guy, decent in good looks, approach a woman that although was dressed "nicely", was probably about 60 pounds overweight. He got turned down to even buy her a drink. That alone had amazed me. I could see the look on the guy's face as his ego deflated and he walked away. She sat there smiling as a queen would sit upon her throne.

It's just a matter of adapting.

I'm just glad I'm not 20 and just stepping into this.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For demographic purposes, I'm an Asian guy, born and raised in America, who has a thing for Eastern Europeans.

I only mention that because the only girls I have fun with at the club are black girls. I get to dancin', and they're the only ones comin' out to with me.

Where I'm from, they don't have most of the club-specific hangups that were described by the OP. I have my theories as to why this is, but I could care less. I just go with it.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like this thread

Think about where this is all heading into the future if this tread continues. How bad will it get until it reaches rock bottom.

I also want to add the observation that men are acting a lot more like women in their pretentiousness. Everybody is acting like they are above it all, but if you know how to see all of this stuff, you know it is fake.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It takes two to make a thing go right

Ok OP. I'd like you to write that list again.... but from more of a girl's point of view, who wouldn't mind meeting a decent guy, but finds the club environment more than a little discouraging to that end. Hyper aggressive roid monkeys are really not every girls cup of tea.

I find music-focused club nights are fine. It's the mainstream ones that are a passive-aggressive, socially retarded mess where the guys are choking each other out and in bracelets at the end of the night, and the girls are running around in bunches of 3, crying. I'll pass on that, thanks