Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Track Workout

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys...any track runners? I need some help on training CORRECTLY. I want more than speed, I want to win.

This year...I had a horrible season. I had an injury that knocked me out for about five weeks, more than half the season and because of it I did ****ty. My only event was the 800m, and my fastest time was about a 2:07. Before the injury, I also ran the 400, and I got around a 0:56 or so.

But next year, I'd want to learn how to sprint because our team is set for mid distance, but our sprinters graduated this year. So...here are the events I plan to run:

400m, 4x400m
200m
4x100m, and possible the 100m

Any SPECIFIC advice on how I can train for this? Weights, plyometrics, or what kind of technique/sprints I should practice?

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well hello hello.

I ran the 200, 300, 40o, with times of 23.0, 37.0, 51.8.

I ran a 27, 42, and a 57 last year. I can attribute my speed pretty much ALL to weight lifting. Deep squats, leg press, and calf raises helped me drop my times considerably. Make sure for every day you weight lift you run JUST as hard in the practices. I found that it's more like gaining the muscle, and adapting it to your sprinting.

Check your form too! Up on your toes, not leaning back (Which I had a horrible time with) and pumping your arms so they only go front and back, not side to side like a football player. Learn to use blocks and take every chance you can to make sure your form is perfect.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I used to run the 400. That was the toughest damn race.

I have done some track workouts since a few years ago where I'd throw those in. I usually felt dizzy and wanted to puke, but what awesome training!

Maestro Monk

Don Juan
Reaction score
One training exercise that runners often overlook are stair climbs. They're great for improving both running form and muscular endurance.
Lower-body exercises, such as squats, leg extensions, and calf raises will help muscle development, which can allow greater explosive power during a race.
Another routine I would suggest you try out are intervals. For example, run a lap, rest for 2 min, run a lap, rest for 1 min, etc.
After the first few runs, your lungs, heart, and legs will likely be exhausted. It is not uncommon to feel nauseous. Running intervals will probably improve your stamina; this is important in track events because of the requirement to run multiple heats. Intervals will also allow your muscles to become more resistant to lactic acid.
Train-track, Train-track ;)

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the advice! Sorry it took a while to respond...but my computer is so old that I don't like to use it. Anyway, the lifting/running combination sounds good for speed, and I might do some plyometrics with my friend. For mid-distance we mostly did intervals/hills, 4 mile runs, form drills, and ab work, and I'll probably work some of this into my workouts as well.

How long did it take you all to build your speed? I got some cross country stuff to do in the fall (shooting for 16:00 or less for a three mile race), so I only have about 3 months or so between seasons.

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
100m - 10.8
200m - 22.25
400m - 49.8

I wish I could remember any of my track workouts but our coach switched them around every practice.