Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tony Robbins

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone ever actually listened to him or bought any of his programs? If so did they work at all and if they did, how have they had an impact on the way your life is right now?

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tony Robbins... where to begin.

He's a very skilled salesman and also a master hypnotist. This means that he knows how to use words that change the way people feel and think very easily.

The way hypnosis works though, is it has to be applied regularly for the changes to stay. Generally, a hypnotic suggestion has a maximum effect of 3 days, but if you re-hypnotized yourself every day, eventually, you'd develop a real habit and wouldn't need the hypnosis anymore.

That's how TR's programs work in a nutshell. The actual content of what he says is decent, he got most of the material from other, valid sources.

He rightly emphasizes action over affirmations, because people sometimes try to achieve what they want soley through affirmations, which is a passive deception. What all the tapes are really for are tricking you into using your willpower.

I think the only real problem is that he's at such a high level, it's not always realistic for everyone to get there as fast as he did. He says that he came from the bottom in a one-room apartment in depression, but if you listen to the various stories he tells, the complete picture is that he was already pretty successful, he'd achieved a 10,000/month income and had been popular in high school before he got depressed and lived in that apartment. Then he learned NLP and got out of that funk, but clearly, he wasn't starting from zero when he got things moving, an impression he gives when he tells his sob story.

Johnny Double

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me like he's built an empire upon a self-improvement way to part you with your money. I bet if one tried hard enough one could find out all you needed to know without so much of an expense.

just sayin.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
true, he got rich off of telling other people how to get rich. there is a question of whether he really can create anything of value, but it's a debate that's been going on for years.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
his work is alot of fluff. You feel good while reading it, but it does not last. If you want something lasting, check out books by Dr. Robert Anthony. I read them 15 years ago and they still stick.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's not a hypnotist, he's a certified trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming. His teachings have nothing to do with willpower either. Willpower is for people who haven't made the necessary lifestyle change; that's why they fail, they are trying to force themselves into something they don't truly want to do.

Go to the library and check out one of his books or CDs and give him a chance yourself. Understand that for it to work, you will have to put forth a genuine effort and not BS your way through it by trying to fake it until you make it.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the guy is awesome.

Who cares if he makes money, he changes lives for the better and he concentrates on all aspects, not just "picking up chicks". In essence, what he is doing is very similar to what this forum is all about. Self improvement.

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I just recently 'aquired' some of his material and I will admit a lot of what he says makes sense. From what I have been hearing, it seems that a lot of what he teaches involves taking action once you have decided on what you want to accomplish. He also mentions something about states of mind and ways to link yourself to a good state and eliminate links to bad states. Again, makes sense but imo what he fails to realize is that there are some states in which its hard to snap yourself out of because you dont even realize you are in a negative state.

Another thing that I found interesting is that I have heard about his success, then his failure, then his success again but so far he has not gotten into any detail. What was the name of the company he developed? And what specific actions did he take to get back to where he is now?

Nevertheless I am willing to play the role of guinea pig and try some of what he teaches out. Lets see if what he teaches can help someone like me succeed. I will get back to you all in a month

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he has some good material.
duce,that guy is built like Frankenstien i seen him
on the Conan O'Brian show and completly dwarfed him.Conan's pretty tall to begin with.

Vandermast

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MackJr

I think the only real problem is that he's at such a high level, it's not always realistic for everyone to get there as fast as he did. He says that he came from the bottom in a one-room apartment in depression, but if you listen to the various stories he tells, the complete picture is that he was already pretty successful, he'd achieved a 10,000/month income and had been popular in high school before he got depressed and lived in that apartment. Then he learned NLP and got out of that funk, but clearly, he wasn't starting from zero when he got things moving, an impression he gives when he tells his sob story.
Exactly! Nowhere does he mention how long he was depressed or 'down in the dumps'. He tells this story to try and connect with you if you consider you are down in the dumps as well or if 'he did it, so can you'. He was popular in highschool because he went around to everyone saying something along the lines of... "Vote for me and I won't bull**** you" or something like that. Now back in the day when he was in highschool that type of campaigne was probably new but if you do that today you might get punched in the face. Bottom line: he made "Tony Robbins" Successful.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote : CLOONEY
I think the guy is awesome.

i think he is cool too.

he is positive. i can listen to positive people all day long.

paid or not he has a job that helps people.

a job like that is something anyone should be proud of.

i remember years ago up late at night

my life so f*cked up it was scary

between the b*tches selling jewelry on their infomercials

tony robbins came on

now i was a broke mutha f*cker and even though i would have bought his tapes if i had some spare cash

i had no spare cash so i never got his tapes

but i didn't let that get me upset i looked at the infomercial as a free tape

here is some guy who doesn't know me and he says i can change

he says his life was f*cked up and he felt like a failure

but he made a change and if he could do it anyone could

for those 30 minutes or however long that infomercial went for i felt hope enter my heart

and the next day i tried to turn my life around

i am not saying watching an infomercial turned my life around

tony didn't do that

but what tony did was speak a positive word

fake or not. paid or not. doesn't matter.

i was a hardcore criminal going to hell and i couldnt see a way out

i wanted out

i needed hope

who was going to speak hope into my life ?

the corrupt police trying to murder me ?

my enemies on the streets ?

my friends who were murders ,thieves and drug dealers ?

nobody.

just some infomercial late at night

thats when you know your life is f*cked up when the only positive word you hear is a infomercial at 2am LOL !

tony offered me hope by saying i could change

and for what it's worth i wanna say thankyou Tony :)

God bless you and i have never bought none of your stuff

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

His books are a TOME. They are very lengthy, well researched, full of good thought. If they were under 100 pages, double spaced, I'd say he was all fluff and beef. But he's not, he's 400+ pages or close to it in most books, so he has enough meat for most topics.

His program are installation tools that LIE underneath thought patterns. Meaning, it becomes a foundation for inner game, inner control, inner life. You get understandings to the intracies of the brain/mind.

I got both Awaken the Giant and Unlimited Power...both fantastic books for only $30 total...and I'd spent nearly $150 on 1 book of finance in college and gotten nowhere near the value.

A-Unt

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vandermast
Exactly! Nowhere does he mention how long he was depressed or 'down in the dumps'. ...
So why do you guys insist that he did these things so fast? Talk about people being unrealistic.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I like him.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
So why do you guys insist that he did these things so fast? Talk about people being unrealistic.
Tony Robbins said that he went from being depressed and in the dumps to being a millionaire in one year. He doesn't technically say that he was over his depression when he had the million dollars, but it's a logical conclusion that he'd got over it sometime within that time frame.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MackJr
Tony Robbins said that he went from being depressed and in the dumps to being a millionaire in one year. He doesn't technically say that he was over his depression when he had the million dollars, but it's a logical conclusion that he'd got over it sometime within that time frame.
A year isn't unrealistic to get out of the dumps, the millionaire thing is all about having the right product in the right place at the right time. More external forces to contend with that depressions which is controlled by you.

ShyRyder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the all music tracks the have subliminal messages and how they work?

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc73
Has anyone ever actually listened to him or bought any of his programs? If so did they work at all and if they did, how have they had an impact on the way your life is right now?
I'm very impressed by his book "Awaken the Giant Within". It gave me the ability to have superb emotional control. Plus, he is very positive about being able to change your life.