Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The ULTIMATE Guide to Beating/Avoiding Oneitis! Revised Edition

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great thread man

Its amazing how just a lil time away from that person your can totally forget about her.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm from brighton in england ;). And yea I went out last night and spoke to so many girls it was unbelievable - one girl even bought me a drink lol. Also this girl who 'I liked' was out at the same time as her ex and she came crawling over to me when she saw he was hittin on another girl and was expecting me to give a **** haha. Anyway i gave her a hug and then said listen 'i don't give a **** about your problems' blah blah blah :).
I then got back later that night and find her in the kitchen at our house whining to my other housemate. Then I just totally lost it and told her to shut the **** up and stop whining blah blah blah and we got in a huge row but it felt good because I put her in her place!
I shall be out again tonight methinks as you're damn right about the finding other women thing ;)!

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well done man, nice work, but remember a DJ isnt tempermental with women, he just puts them in their place in a respectable manner. :)

keep up the great work.

oh yeah, i hope to be in cnaterbury in the coming weeks with a mate, what are the gilr like in the south of england? the accents are... wow! :D

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ooh canterbury! One of my best mates goes to university there and he's shown me some of the girls he's met on his picture phone and they seem pretty damn hot :). I think in general the south has a lot of hotties so I'm sure you'll find no problem in getting a good looking woman and I know a few girls who drool over the irish accent so you may be in luck :D

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i heard the accent can give you an advantage over there! Good stuff! :D

PM me now and again man, i wanna find out more about english girls and how they might be different to their irish counterparts!

S|ox

Reaction score
Thanks man, I really needed this. I've been reading this site for a while, and I just stumbled upon your thread.

I've gotta get away from this chick. Much work to do. I'm going to have to get some new hobbies... It's hard for me to find stuff in the evening to do too, but I think I can fix that.

-S

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with you guys here.

You've probably read some of my post's on my ex....

It was out anniversary today and she called me.

What a fvcking tease.

I've been through 11 women in the last 7 months since we broke up - It still has not helped.

It's like a piece of me is gone - we had such a good time together - blah blah blah.

I know we've heard it all before.

I'm going through everyday as best as I can. Meeting as many women as I can and spending plenty of time with friends.

I've found the key to getting through it is to avoid anthing that reminds you of her. Files on the computer, pictures etc etc. Just put them all away and avoid them.

Avoid places she goes.

Avoid songs that remind you of her.

Good friends are the best cure.

Go out meet women.

I've heard it takes half the time you were with her to get over her. I hope not. I've another 1.5 yrs left.

I've a steady fvck buddy now - can't say it's helped, but we can hope.

Good luck to you all.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard it takes half the time you were with her to get over her. I hope not. I've another 1.5 yrs left.
I really don't think thats true, atleast in my humble oppinion.

I also have noticed how in the evening the feelings are always the worst. In the morning till it's fine but between 3pm-8pm is when the one-itis feelings are there for some really odd reason. When it's the morning I feel GREAT and at night I feel even better, I've really never felt better than this for my entire life I feel like I'm on top of the world except when it's 3-8pm. It's been 2 and half months since I have seen my last g/f and I really do feel ALOT better about her now and I just don't feel bad anymore really except for about 5 hours but during that time I go workout.

I think it's really a great idea to listen to great upbeat music, whatever you do don't listen to anything slow or sappy. Stay away from that R&B "I love you so much baby" garbage aswell. I never really listend to rap much but now I'm listening to it alot more especially the newer club type stuff because it just makes me feel good and not think about her. I also LOVE listening to hard house dance music since it's really ubeat and makes me feel awesome.

Another thing I do is exercise, lifting weights and doing crunches makes you feel on top of the world with the rush you get but as long as it's good weather outside I recomend going outside and going for a walk for an hour and then come back in get a drink or a snack or whatever and then go back out and walk some more. Make sure to bring your cdplayer with you and listen to some upbeat music to keep your mind off of her plus it's good exercise and makes you feel good. Literally I hardly stop moving throughout the day even at night except for when I'm eating and reading this forum.

Right now I'm also trying to stay away from video games because I used to play them alot but now it makes me feel really bad because I feel like such a dork, if your with your friends and wanna play some xbox or whatever thats cool as long as your doing it in a social setting but don't do it when your just sitting there.

Go out and meet other girls, even if you don't have sex with them just go out and atleast talk to other girls, do some approaches or whatever and maybe even throw a party at your place or at a friends house this is always fun and ALOT better than going to other peoples parties.

Chill with your friends of course, hopefully they are DJ's aswell.

Thinking of past oneitis experiences this is another great one.

Something I have noticed after getting out of every realtionship is that I come back feeling ten times better about myself after a couple months of not seeing the person, even better than before I met them.

I have one question though, Why is it that the feelings are always bad in the evening because whenever it's not the evening I feel totally great?

CoOLBanana

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank God!!
This thread is just what I need!!!
I'm having a really bad case of ONEITIS right now.
BUMP BUMP BUMP

keep it up !!

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sweet dear God! I come back to these forums after taking a MONTHS-long break and right away meet JUST the piece of advice I need. Wow, it's amazing how one can almost forget how to be a DJ and fall for one-itis's after being away for a while..

Great tip! Just magnificent.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great Post!

I disagree with your music part. I listen to country (and I hate other types of music).

I just disagree with that because that actually pumps me up and gets me ready for everything and helped me get over the disease known as one-itis. I think that it matters on how you think about the music. Listen to whatever music is you.

I used to have a bad case of one-itis with a chick. It was so bad that it drove me to this site looking for advice. darn:D . After studying this site and the ideas about it. I said "F*ck her. There is so many more women out there." The true thing that got me over her was this site and you guys on the forumn. Without your help I would still be that AFC (Thank God for that:))

Once again great post.

SuperMan_Wuss

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK what I am about to say is only what has worked for me, I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS TO ANYONE ####DONT DO IT#### ok now that you know this is not something to do, this is what got me over the last girl I liked. I told her. I told her I liked her but I knew it wouldnt work out with us cause she was such a *****. I know I know this is super AFC to the maximo but the next morning I couldnt even think of her without disgust. Remember I said dont do it, but I did, and it worked fur me, but I am a wuss... PEACE

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quoted by Silverwex:
Bump for anyone going through this terrible thing!

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post Silverwex. The advice about thinking about previous cases of oneitis is sheer gold and is now in my mental arsenal!

Canadiandon

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Ringing her/Texting her/Talking to her
Dont ring her more than twice a week. When you're on the phone to her ALWAYS keep it short my friends. Cut off the conversation after, at most, TEN MINUTES. Always cut it off on a high note though. Keep her laughing and guessing and then when its on a high say something like: "Hey listen i better go now, got things to do! Talk to you later."

This tip works really well I use it all the time.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My problem is my oenitis is in my Maths Class. this means i see her like 4 times a week. I dont speak to her during lunch or anything or on the weekend. I dont even have her number. But its impossible when i see her in maths class 4 times a week to stop thinking bout her. And i cant see myself really getting a gf in the near future. I need to get my stuff together first, im in yr 12 (last year of high school)
Shes also banging my mate.
Hes a cool guy, and im good mates with him.
So yer how can i STOP thinking bout her when im seeing her 4 times a week in maths class a week. Mind you this is basicly the ONLY time i see her during the whole week and weekend, in maths class. Thanks!:mad:

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been going through a spell of ONEitis for about 1.5 months now....i 'think' i am finally over it.

The main problem was that I had these 2 great songs I was listening too....which reminded me of her. No they weren't sappy slow songs....one was an upbeat latin dance song...another was a rap one. Whenever I listen to these I am reminded of her. So i finally stopped listening to them...and ever since then I don't think about her nearly as much. Too bad the uplifting music trick doesnt work for me because those 2 examples of songs do just the opposite of helping me forget her :p