The role of the media in the feminisation of Western culture

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just recently I've been contemplating how utterly powerful the media is, and how it literally enslaves entire populations with the popular values it seeks to drum into its audiences - to a point where everybody, I mean everybody, must adapt to the implications of this, whether they themselves watch TV or not.

The most shocking - and true - comment with regards to the absolute power of the media, came from the one of the most evil alpha males of the twentieth century - Adolf Hitler. He noted that in any attempt to indoctrinate the masses, one must ‘appeal to the lowest common denominator.’

The first time I heard this, I reasoned that the more intelligent members of society would be able to see through such propaganda, and that the whole venture must correspondingly fail. However, this is clearly not the case. We can see in feminised Western cultures today that a very similar brand of propaganda is broadcast over the airwaves constantly; in fact, the bombardment is so unrelenting that we forget to recognise it for what it is, and gradually become more and more accepting of its pernicious message. Moreover, it must be said that women are particularly vulnerable to propaganda of this type. In other recent threads, sosuave members have rightly pointed out that since most women have very little going on in their own lives, they need a high status male in order to improve their own status. It’s a question of value. Indeed, this has escalated to a point where every strength imaginable is expected from the male, with the female offering very little in return.

The question is, who actually decides how male status is defined?

1940s Germanic culture insisted that one could prove one’s masculinity by machine-gunning Russians for no apparent reason. This was freely accepted. There’s no biological reason why murdering defenceless Russian peasants should be an indicator of masculinity. Quite simply, is was a man-made philosophy, which manipulated the sexual insecurities of the masses in order to achieve the dirty-work of a select band of psychopathic megalomaniacs.

Today, Western countries are wealthier than they ever have been. Yet supreme economic leverage is still seen as an indicator of high status. Is it really acceptable to judge somebody ‘a loser’ because they are no longer motivated by wealth building, when they already belong to the richest 5% of the world’s population? Hardly. But this is how women have been conditioned to think, and so men still feel dissatisfied. Nobody wants to be a disappointment, do they?

While it may be true that certain physical characteristics e.g. height are more likely to be selected, the majority of what ‘defines’ masculinity comes from the airwaves. Women are the first to internalise the message…Then, men have a CHOICE as to whether they adapt to these cultural assumptions, thus reinforcing them and making them even more entrenched in people’s minds.

I want to warn people on this thread that the powers-that-be are making a DETERMINED and DELIBERATE effort to enslave humanity.

When a woman looks at a man, she sees what society thinks of him. What society thinks of him is decided by some soulless media executive who does not care about people. A woman judges a man’s survival skills in this artificially created environment. Whatever happens, he must be able to compete with the lowest common denominator, or he will be seen as weak and dispensable.

It used to be the case - and I noticed this everywhere - that a lot of 6s and 7s would be the looks-obsessed women. They would place much less emphasis on personality. What one might describe as the ‘supposedly hot’ tarty-looking women, these women usually had the same tastes, often going for meatheads and bullies. However, the super-hot women, the naturally pretty women, would go for the articulate, suave actor or artist types.

The situation has changed for the worse, and shows no signs of improving any time soon. Most of the women one meets outside college are wanton hussies. Everywhere you go, there are women who sleep around and men who want to find a wife. I was under the impression that it should be the other way round!!! The whole scenario is appalling. Look at what we have allowed the powers-that-be to get away with. They are ripping society apart, and it’s difficult to know what can be done to stop them.

It now has reached a point where the slightest hint of niceness or manners is seen as a weakness in men. Rudeness and arrogance is seen as ‘honesty.’ But anyone can act like that. What’s so impressive?

To the media men, women are so easily-brainwashed they are like a blank slate. The behaviour and aspirations of men can be controlled indirectly by manipulating the needs and wants of women, who accept everything they see and hear at face value, questioning nothing.

So where is this thread going? I think we have to reject TV. Not necessarily completely. Just be very selective about what you watch, and be aware of how they try to sway your opinion. Moreover, the next time you are out in public, take a good look at the people as they walk around. A good look. People are VERY insecure. Everywhere you go, notice this. Even the people who come across as confident don’t really know what they’re doing. They’re trundling around worrying what other people think about them, and waiting for that wonderful moment when everything will suddenly ‘magically’ come together. It ain’t gonna happen. The world is already yours. Go out and DO the things you’ve always wanted to do and don’t look back.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shortly must rush off to a meeting, so this will be quick.

Read this:
http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28660

You:
When a woman looks at a man, she sees what society thinks of him.
No, she IS society.
What society thinks of him is decided by some soulless media executive who does not care about people.
I refer back to my last commment.
It used to be the case - and I noticed this everywhere - that a lot of 6s and 7s would be the looks-obsessed women. They would place much less emphasis on personality.
Personality is in eyes of woman an illusion.
Everywhere you go, there are women who sleep around and men who want to find a wife.
It is woman who fights societal barriers restricting her society, for if she had her way she'd have orgies all through her youth, while it is men who fight for her 'honor' by restricting her sexuality; while it is in the nature of man to give his entire being, his entire soul, to one woman.

Ack. I would have more to say but I ran out of time.

Anyway, it's not the media at fault. The media reflects US.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish
Anyway, it's not the media at fault. The media reflects US.
I was about to tell this guy he is full of sh!t, but props to Deep Dish for phrasing it a little more eloquently.

What society thinks of him is decided by some soulless media executive who does not care about people.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. THE MEDIA IS A PROFIT DRIVEN MACHINE. There is no evil villian pulling your strings.

Your thinking is related to the argument that the media somehow creates a public DEMAND for a thinner model. And it's equally as ridiculous. WAKE UP. You are shooting the messenger. What you see on the TV screen is only a reflection of the tastes of the public at any given time.

I do television commercials to promote my business. I know my demographic is 18-24 male. What do 18-24 yr old males like? Well lets see......cars? Check. Women? Check.

So what do I put in my commercials? Hot cars and hot women. I have no agenda other than turning a profit. Whatever helps me achieve that goal I am willing to do.

The sooner you wake up to REALITY, the better off your life will be, really.

ulsterman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lads, the media protrays what people want to see, by and large. But I believe the media has played a major role in the propagation of feminism; it sowed the seeds of the suggestion, yet it was up to society to decide whether or not it would succumb. Yes, the media exerts a bad influence in many ways, but ultimately people only can be influenced as far as their own morals and inclinations permit.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I think you guys are all saying the same thing. I am one of the most anti-feminist peopel you will ever meet. I I could go on a major rant on the evils of feminism but I don't think this is the time or place. The evil that is feminism has won and won big. I firmly believe that feminism is killing society. Feminism declared war on masculinity a long time ago. The craziest thing is that we, the protectors, the nurturers, the lovers of family in our basic loving way have not only enabled feminism to destroy us but we continue to promote her while she makes us weaker.

I don't blame the media I blame the men, myslef included who allow feminism to kill our culture. It is the very loving nature that feminism belittles that allows her to grow and flourish.

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe in equal rights. Thats as far as any "ism" will ever go with me.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about paedofiliaism? The belief of paedofilia's role in society as treated equally.

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me explain myself clearly.

Now, let us firstly take changing male fashion and style statements as an example. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, it was fashionable for men to have long hair.

In 2003, it really is NOT fashionable for a man to have long hair. Yes, people have a right to wear their hair long if they want to, and if a guy is particularly good-looking it may work very well, but for the average joe in the street, it is NOT popularly 'accepted' as being fashionable at this moment in time.

All of a sudden, certain cultural connotations have been drawn up, associating long-haired men with weakness, over-sensitivity, drippiness, etc.

But some of the best warriors in history had long hair. There simply is no evolutionary connection beween men having long hair and 'weakness' per se. That is SOCIALLY constructed. What is there to stop Vin Diesel growing his hair long? He would still have the same strengths. But SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE has decided that a different style must become the culturally approved model for the present time. And, lo and behold, the stupid people accept it.

My point is, the media influences the lowest common denominator in society - i.e. the stupid masses, in their social values. Then everybody else feels that they have to adjust to accommodate to this new landscape. What's 'popular' becomes the culturally approved model; that is, culturally approved by the stupid masses, who are easily manipulated.

Notice how the Hugh Grant fanbase is now declining rapidly...Why? Ten years is not a long time for the human race. But then, I guess there's a pseudo-war going on, and you can't imagine Hugh Grant in a SWAT team can you? His survival skills must be terrible, he'd be pushing his hair back all the time!

Str8up, I think you must appreciate that not everybody aspires to work in the entertainment industry. There are teachers, nurses and doctors out there who believe in what they do, really they do, and they just wouldn't like the debauched life of some coke-head B-list celebrity. Believe it or not, there are people out there who don't watch action movies because they don't like the violence. Those people do exist. In what way do the movies reflect them? The interests who control the media are a very narrow band of people who have a completely different agenda to the average person in the street.

DeepDish, I hear what you are saying, but I think you have miscontrued my argument. A woman isn't society. WOMEN are society.

Some of my friends illustrate this point exactly.

An average 6 was talking about how she fancies Vin Diesel. Whereas the HB9.5 doesn't get it; she really likes Keanu Reeves and Johnny Depp.

You see? I bet that of all the women in the world, there are more who would agree with the tastes of the first friend. That would be the popular choice of the moment. This actually puts the second type of guy in a weak position, because he is NOT the most popular guy, and this lowers his status. The HBs may love him but he is still not the most widely culturally accepted model. They know how limited his appeal is in that cultural climate - and knowing that WILL change they way they perceive him, whereas there may have been a time when it wouldn't have.

I know that bit was complicated, but you must understand my logic. The media can control the paranoia level, which necessarily demands more macho qualities from the culturally approved model, as we can see now.

By the way, isn't it funny how women just hate war films? They don't want to be reminded of how they set men against each other, of how much they enjoy it, and the kinds of barbarism it can lead to.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon79
DeepDish, I hear what you are saying, but I think you have miscontrued my argument. A woman isn't society. WOMEN are society.
Slightly different wording, same meaning. In my writing style I sometimes like to use the singular to represent the plural.
By the way, isn't it funny how women just hate war films? They don't want to be reminded of how they set men against each other, of how much they enjoy it, and the kinds of barbarism it can lead to.
Before you reach those conclusions to explain why women hate war flicks, you may take interest in this essay:

http://www.theabsolute.net/misogyny/eisenman.html

Be sure to read about toys.

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Solomon79

An average 6 was talking about how she fancies Vin Diesel. Whereas the HB9.5 doesn't get it; she really likes Keanu Reeves and Johnny Depp.

Are you saying that Vin Diesel is more of a media construction than Keanu "Whoa!" Reeves?

Name a war that was fought over a woman's vanity. That's right, you can't. Men only fight wars over women in Romantic fiction.

regulus

Don Juan
Reaction score

Name a war that was fought over a woman's vanity. That's right, you can't. Men only fight wars over women in Romantic fiction.
I don't know how many wars have been started over women but some have been lost. Marc Anthony lost a war when he saw Cleopatra's boat leaving. He and his entire fleet followed her back to Egypt because he was worried about her. If you're into movies watch "Menace II Society" to see how beef over a girl spreads into gang violence quickly. It's fiction but I've seen stuff like that happen plenty of times.

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Different women DO find different qualities attractive.

But if the general feeling of the time is against a particular set of qualities, it may sway a woman's perception of these particular men.

What I mean with regards to war, is that women, as DeepDish said, might see personality as an illusion. Think of all those women in France and the Channel Islands who had sexual relationships with Nazi soldiers; ideology and 'what they believed in' obviously meant nothing; they preferred a Nazi who turned them on to a Frenchman who didn't turn them on. Period.

Of course, that hurts when you think of all those Allied soldiers who died fighting against Nazism, to think that so many Frenchwomen saw personality as an illusion, and would have been happy to see the Nazis win because they were better stud material. Yes, that sucks big time.

That's why there are certain things I won't take responsibility for, because there are problems that OTHER people cause and which I have to deal with. Why 'we' have to take responsibility for things which are personally not our fault, I don't know. Western cultures suck up to women way too much and somebody has to say it's time to stop.

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
'...Before you reach those conclusions to explain why women hate war flicks, you may take interest in this essay:

http://www.theabsolute.net/misogyny/eisenman.html

Be sure to read about toys...'

And what does this essay prove? By the way, Gloria Steinem has some very sinister links which you obviously haven't stumbled upon yet. I wouldn't take her word as gospel.

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by regulus
I don't know how many wars have been started over women but some have been lost. Marc Anthony lost a war when he saw Cleopatra's boat leaving. He and his entire fleet followed her back to Egypt because he was worried about her. If you're into movies watch "Menace II Society" to see how beef over a girl spreads into gang violence quickly. It's fiction but I've seen stuff like that happen plenty of times.

Marc Antony lost a naval engagement to a better general. And that war was not started over Cleopatra's vanity (except maybe in movies), it was a fight over political power.

regulus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigforearms
Marc Antony lost a naval engagement to a better general. And that war was not started over Cleopatra's vanity (except maybe in movies), it was a fight over political power.
he was chasing a woman

lerxst

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of all those women in France and the Channel Islands who had sexual relationships with Nazi soldiers; ideology and 'what they believed in' obviously meant nothing; they preferred a Nazi who turned them on to a Frenchman who didn't turn them on. Period.

Of course, that hurts when you think of all those Allied soldiers who died fighting against Nazism, to think that so many Frenchwomen saw personality as an illusion, and would have been happy to see the Nazis win because they were better stud material.
I'm sorry, but your conclusion is flawed. What you describes has historically happened in every war where an army from a foreign country has occupied another. In the Nazi occupation, many of the women were forced into these 'relationships' as you call them by implied threat of force or implicit threat of force. Many women did what they had to do to survive, and for their children to survive. Part of the Nazi propaganda was the their belief in a right to propagate and spread the Arayan race as a duty. And they did this not just in France but the other European countries they occupied. Your argument is a poor generalization to make.

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you would just prefer to think that, because the thought that there may be some truth in my words hurts too much. It hurts me too - at least I admit it, rather than denying an historical truth. A lot of these women were perfectly willing, and it's well documented.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And what does this essay prove? By the way, Gloria Steinem has some very sinister links which you obviously haven't stumbled upon yet. I wouldn't take her word as gospel.
I have quite amount of disdain for Gloria.

Anyway, point was women are not as physically aggressive prone as men, more socially connected and concerned. So, it's not that they don't like war flicks because of the reasons you reasoned, but that it doesn't fit within their nature. In my opinion, and I discern yours as well, women are equally as violent as men, but it just manifests itself differently.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just so you guys know, Gloria Allred (she appears mentioned in Deep Dish's link) is the woman with no life who is the main person to continue to attack Michael Jackson on the Bashir thing, and the 1993 false charges. I mean, meet the woman who is attacking a man who has done a lot for the world.
Oh, there is lots of info (if you are interested in something more than Michael Jackson's music) on the 93 acusation charges, on how it was totally false, on the Mary A. Fischer GQ article . There is somewhere in the net a photocopied article, in case you think words have been changed. But I forgot where it was, I have the adress somewhere...

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally I'm beginning to get some recognition for what I'm saying.

Every day one can see that a large percentage of women really do not care ONE JOT about the men they are not physically attracted to. The animalistic impulse is EVERYTHING to their way of thinking. It hurts, it's a painful fact, but it's the main reason why wars will continue to be fought. The day when pacifists are perceived as studs is some time off, unfortunately. In the meantime, women expect animalism in men because of THEIR OWN animalism, hence the 'bad boy' attraction.

How many women have you heard sounding off on a moral tirade against the Nazis? That's right, not many, because as DeepDish points out, 'personality' is something that a guy puts on to 'make up' for what society sees as his shortcomings. An ugly Englishman gets all moral about the Nazis to make up for his physical unattractiveness. Whereas a good looking Nazi was often seen for what he was - an alpha male, albeit on the 'wrong' side. But a lot of women simply did not care about that latter fact.

He's just the physical and spiritual entity he is, period. A lot of women may not agree with what the Nazis DID, but they can hardly condemn a movement which ran on the same thought processes as they do, can they?

Let's stop blaming ourselves and admit there are a lot of
cold-hearted b.itches out there, and that this transforms the playing field significantly. Remember, women want what other women want, and as the lowest common denominator becomes more callous, women go more and more for the as.sholes. They simply do not want the guys who other women see as weak.

The lowest common denominator rules, and it's easy to manipulate. That's the truth, and it sucks.

Put simply, the truth sucks.