Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
icanseeclearlynow said:
Wow..thanks so much for that. It's knowing little things like that, that will save me time, by knowing to move on if a guy starts to pull that crap.
Thats not entirely true.

Busy guys can take time to reply. EVERYONE her is encouraged to be busy. And to be indifferent.

The indifference is key to see if the other party is attracted but also to protect your heart. Stay indifferent and dont get emotionally attached/ invested.

They will initiate contact as a display of interest.

No initiation / No counteroffers = no interest.

Swampcamel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Placidd said:
*Day 6 of NC*

Still feeling a little down but I'm making it. one of my friends told me not to worry about her at all, and she said that I should ice her from my life and two or three months from now she will be back. It surprised me to hear that but hearing a girl say that there isnt much I can say is wrong because they all think alike.

I dont want to talk to my ex until I feel better, but as for my agreeing to be friends with her, how do I go about that? If I dont talk to her she will assume I still need space. I want to tell her that its either date me or leave me alone, but at the time I just wanted her to be in my life or at least on good terms.

I would be breaking NC if I told her "eff this friendship" (figuratively), am I right?
Yea dude, my NC is like this, but I'm putting my foot down. She'll get the picture, you telling it to her face isn't going to improve your chances at friendship later. You need to show strength and determination with this. Right now is not the time for friendship. Until you're done heart-aching, it's just a bad idea, and you won't enjoy your interaction. My ex is an awesome, sweet girl, but our relatio-friendship sucksssss and it's not what I want. I want the best thing for me, and that's not to let a girl **** with my emotions when they're feeling emotionally vacant but sexually disinterested.

So, just let it go. Just find something else to do, someone else you enjoy talking to anytime you miss her. Sure, I still miss my ex, but not in the present, not in the way we are interacting now. It's a non-existent past girl who isn't going to come back, cause both of you are in a different stage now.

Placidd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Swampcamel said:
Yea dude, my NC is like this, but I'm putting my foot down. She'll get the picture, you telling it to her face isn't going to improve your chances at friendship later. You need to show strength and determination with this. Right now is not the time for friendship. Until you're done heart-aching, it's just a bad idea, and you won't enjoy your interaction. My ex is an awesome, sweet girl, but our relatio-friendship sucksssss and it's not what I want. I want the best thing for me, and that's not to let a girl **** with my emotions when they're feeling emotionally vacant but sexually disinterested.

So, just let it go. Just find something else to do, someone else you enjoy talking to anytime you miss her. Sure, I still miss my ex, but not in the present, not in the way we are interacting now. It's a non-existent past girl who isn't going to come back, cause both of you are in a different stage now.

Okay. The only way she reaches me now is through facebook, and I was thinking of just sending her a message, telling her I agreed to friendship because I still wanted her in my life, but I thought about it and realized differently. Either that or telling her it isnt anything personal, and just deleting her from it..

Some people (friends who are girls) say let her stay there so she can see that Im enjoying my life without her, some people say get rid of it so she understands I dont want friendship.

my girl-friends say that she is going to be ticked, and that I shouldnt care.
my ex told me she is the kind of person who cuts people out of her life if she is done wrong, or if something like that happens, kind of like "oh, you dont want to be friends? alright, see ya!"

thats the complicated part. I want her to know its all-or-nothing but I dont know how to convey it to her.
but at the same time like you said swampcamel, we are at different points, and I need to do what is best for me.

it doesnt hurt me that much that she is my friend over facebook, it is just a little annoying to see that she is going through my stuff. I feel tempted to go to her page to see what she is up to, but I never do because I know its only going to hurt me.

Ill probably just toggle everything so she cant see things I post or my friends post, that way she will get the picture without just all out deleting her.

Reaction score
Purefilth said:
Thats not entirely true.

Busy guys can take time to reply. EVERYONE her is encouraged to be busy. And to be indifferent.

The indifference is key to see if the other party is attracted but also to protect your heart. Stay indifferent and dont get emotionally attached/ invested.

They will initiate contact as a display of interest.

No initiation / No counteroffers = no interest.
Thanks..I have already started to apply this..as of today!

Reaction score
Today was NC day 4. Felt good to not call. Started to miss him really bad earlier..then got mad at myself for thinking about him. Started thinking about how I should've ended things back in July of last year..and then again in Sept..then again in Dec..but how I kept letting his selfish a@@ suck me back in. I am so pissed..I let this guy use me until he had no more use for me. That is what I can't get over. I think I am mad at myself.

Everytime I tried to end things in the past, he would say I was paranoid and that he missed me and I was being selfish..only for him to dump me once he found some replacements. Thankful I made it through another day. Going to church tomorrow will def help. If he calls about his money once again, I will respond by text and just ask him for his mailing address.

TeamBp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 12

Today has by far been the hardest day. I'm in Austin for SXsW and our mutual friend posted on FB that he was with me and the ex made a comment "I'm sorry to hear that".

We left it alone he's my best friend but his girlfriend is my ex's best frien so he has to remain neutral. Anyways she starts posting life and vulgar things on her twitter (that she knows I can see) trying to draw me out from NC. My friend and I decide not to post my pictures of me with other women to take the road.

He left his cell phone and I couldn't help but look at her FB and she posted "crack the sky" by Brand New. It's been ****ing with me ll day.

I left the party we were at and Now I'm crying alone in the park trying not to abuse anything to feel better. I have great friends who are trying to make me feel happy but it's not working. It's just been a bad day. I need to to find a way to stop being curious and looking at her twitter(she never had one until I deactivated my FB and moved to Twitter)

Please help

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm writing this to note my second journey here with NC. Was in a relationship for 5 months, and broke up 10 days ago now. All the ranges of emotion have flowed through me, right now I'm actually accepting it a little, and expecting that to continue. Not sure if I even want to get into it too much now, so I'll try and keep it brief.

She's a bit older than me, I'm 25, she's 28. First real relationship for both of us. She's religious, virgin, no sex until marriage type stuff, but we still did stuff in bed. I was fine with that. Things were going fairly well until we took a vacation together for a week. Pretty good up until the end, started fighting about smallish stuff, then a couple medium stuff. Stuff like, we were paddling in the ocean in a paddle boat, and I brought up, shame that we didn't do more (something like that). She says "Well I was studying, while you were sleeping". Recurring theme, the lamenting that I get to sleep (on vacation). So I get pissed and tell her, "Do you really think all I do is sleep?". And, this weird hobo guy was standing right behind us for 10-15 min while on the beach, then asked us if we could spare a shirt/shorts. Said no, and he continued to stand there (seriously 2-3 feet behind us). I wanted to move, she didn't see a problem with her, said I could go look for a spot on my own. So I said "Fine, I'll see you later", and went up to the lobby. Felt disrespected that she'd prefer to hang out with some hobo guy than listen to me. Some other things too while on the trip. I also noted that the 'sex' was great up until after wednesday (sat-sat trip), then it died off and she started getting cold, and I backed off as well. Figured giving space would be better.

Got back, I was strongly feeling of breaking up with her. Mom convinced me to wait for some time, and normal to fight with people when you spend that much time with them. So I did. Things were okayish via text/phone, then next time I saw her, fairly awkward. (We live an hour apart as well.) Silence for a week, then took her out for tea. I started the conversation about what happened on vacation, saying the same thing about people fighting while being together for a long time. Kept talking, I tried to root out if she was upset with me for the arguments we had, but she just referred to the 'change' in her sexually I guess, because she kept saying she knew I was careful and respectful to her in that manner, but something changed in her and she didn't know if she liked that. So I said, that's fine, sex or whatever we were doing is not that important to me, that's not what matters to me. I thought it would relieve any pressure there but I guess not.

Continued on, she said she was so busy with course that she didn't even have time for herself (true because she is an overly focused studier and such, but still overall, comon), and that she can't give the time to me, and she didn't want to have to worry about me. I said you don't have to worry about me, I can handle not seeing you, I just need to know if you want to see me. She went silent, I thought "Ffs". Continued on a bit, I said, "Do you want to break up?". She went silent for a bit, then said "I'm sorry". I said "Ok", started up the car, started driving back. Got a bit teary eyed, I must say. I was half-pissed and half-upset. Said "Well, you better just forget about me". I wanted to say something to the effect that I'm not going to stick around and hope or whatever. She said teary "Oh don't say that". Got home, she said "I hope you can forgive me someday" Responded "Yep". Then she said "I'm sorry", and I said "Me too". And that's it.

Well, as sad as it is, writing it all out and having to process it like this just makes me realize how fully dead this relationship is. I was pissed that, it felt like I tried to save it and she didn't, but I tell myself, does it really matter? And doesn't it just reaffirm how dead it is?

My goal here, again, is to shift my thinking from caring how she felt, or the reasons for her actions or whatever, to just caring about how I felt. I did have issues with her, but I wanted to try and work them. She didn't, for whatever her reasons. I always know the underlying truth behind any reasoning for breaking up, is simply because they do not want to be with you, no matter the cover story. It's hard to take. I really do want to cover it with some falsehood about her religion and what we did. And maybe it is part of it. But overall. The decision is based on wanting to be with them.

I totally did not keep this brief, but in writing this, it's given me some unfortunate revelations. And hopefully it'll help out whoever's reading this too. I've been here before, I know (in my head) NC works for me. Just a matter of convincing my heart it's best. It's not that I want to get back together, because I know that would not be good. Just wish it went better in the first place.

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TeamBp said:
Day 12

Today has by far been the hardest day. I'm in Austin for SXsW and our mutual friend posted on FB that he was with me and the ex made a comment "I'm sorry to hear that".

We left it alone he's my best friend but his girlfriend is my ex's best frien so he has to remain neutral. Anyways she starts posting life and vulgar things on her twitter (that she knows I can see) trying to draw me out from NC. My friend and I decide not to post my pictures of me with other women to take the road.

He left his cell phone and I couldn't help but look at her FB and she posted "crack the sky" by Brand New. It's been ****ing with me ll day.

I left the party we were at and Now I'm crying alone in the park trying not to abuse anything to feel better. I have great friends who are trying to make me feel happy but it's not working. It's just been a bad day. I need to to find a way to stop being curious and looking at her twitter(she never had one until I deactivated my FB and moved to Twitter)

Please help
I know how it is man. From my past experiences, it is sincerely best to severe all ties (FB, cell, twitter, photos, avoiding seeing her at parties/work, etc.). I've done 'No subscribing' to fb. Didn't help me, I still had to look. Even minor unrelated things posted would upset me, especially if it had anything to do with other people. So I blocked her, and she's still blocked to this day. The thing about any info is it starts the whole engine about her in your head. That's why you got to segment it away.

One thing that helps me too is remembering the 5 stages of grief too. Denial-Anger-Bargaining-Depression-Acceptance. And you can experience multiple stages at once (and go backwards too, but generally you move forward in the stages).

Even though it definitely doesn't feel like it at many times (as even I'm feeling it too), NC is the best, mainly because you don't feed that plant about her. With nothing feeding it, it will die. It will take time, it will suck. But it will happen.

icanseeclearlynow said:
Today was NC day 4. Felt good to not call. Started to miss him really bad earlier..then got mad at myself for thinking about him. Started thinking about how I should've ended things back in July of last year..and then again in Sept..then again in Dec..but how I kept letting his selfish a@@ suck me back in. I am so pissed..I let this guy use me until he had no more use for me. That is what I can't get over. I think I am mad at myself.

Everytime I tried to end things in the past, he would say I was paranoid and that he missed me and I was being selfish..only for him to dump me once he found some replacements. Thankful I made it through another day. Going to church tomorrow will def help. If he calls about his money once again, I will respond by text and just ask him for his mailing address.
I've been going through those feelings as well, though not as strong. Thinking it would have been better to break up with her first. I had it even worse before when I constantly kept getting fooled by this girl that kept showing incredible interest (such as inviting herself over to help with my house) - only for the next day for her to ignore me completely (as in greeting, talking to my friend I was walking with, without acknowledging me at all, or flirting with someone else right there). And that went back and forth for several months, several times. I couldn't get over how she could flip herself so miraculously without any kind of accountability on her part. She just acted like everything was fine, or everything wasn't. Should have killed that much earlier.

I try and think of the anger as a way your instinctual self is training yourself to not repeat that same mistake again. Like I will feel myself physically be adverse to this girl, because I know what is coming. And, I gotta say, I definitely keep my eyes open for recurring similarities with new girls.It's hard not to blame yourself for either 1)what led to the breakup or on the flip side 2) what kept you in the relationship for so long. It seems hard to say it happened for a reason and lessons learned, etc. until much much later on, when you don't care about them anymore. With the money thing, I would totally agree to do the mailing address. Having to deal with them so soon, and so often, would throw me off to no end.

Last edited:

L_T_D313

Don Juan
Reaction score
TeamBp said:
Day 12

Please help
Brother, delete her from your Twitter. If you feel you will still lurk delete Twitter. I know how hard it is, I have my ex's login and password I haven't tried to login since January long before my NC. It's a tough process, you will have up's and down's you have to maintain though. It gets better I went from crying at night writing and listening to love songs. To barely thinking of her. I have nights where I miss her, but I know that I'm making the right decision I'm over her.

NC is much easier when you do it strictly meaning not looking at profiles and things of the sort. So start going with strict no contact no looking on Twitter or none of that mess. Hell deactivate all social media until you feel that you're in a better place mentally. It works my mans. -Lo

L_T_D313

Don Juan
Reaction score
RedScorpion said:
Hey all. I'm writing this to note my second journey here with NC. Was in a relationship for 5 months, and broke up 10 days ago now. All the ranges of emotion have flowed through me, right now I'm actually accepting it a little, and expecting that to continue. Not sure if I even want to get into it too much now, so I'll try and keep it brief.

She's a bit older than me, I'm 25, she's 28. First real relationship for both of us. She's religious, virgin, no sex until marriage type stuff, but we still did stuff in bed. I was fine with that. Things were going fairly well until we took a vacation together for a week. Pretty good up until the end, started fighting about smallish stuff, then a couple medium stuff. Stuff like, we were paddling in the ocean in a paddle boat, and I brought up, shame that we didn't do more (something like that). She says "Well I was studying, while you were sleeping". Recurring theme, the lamenting that I get to sleep (on vacation). So I get pissed and tell her, "Do you really think all I do is sleep?". And, this weird hobo guy was standing right behind us for 10-15 min while on the beach, then asked us if we could spare a shirt/shorts. Said no, and he continued to stand there (seriously 2-3 feet behind us). I wanted to move, she didn't see a problem with her, said I could go look for a spot on my own. So I said "Fine, I'll see you later", and went up to the lobby. Felt disrespected that she'd prefer to hang out with some hobo guy than listen to me. Some other things too while on the trip. I also noted that the 'sex' was great up until after wednesday (sat-sat trip), then it died off and she started getting cold, and I backed off as well. Figured giving space would be better.

Got back, I was strongly feeling of breaking up with her. Mom convinced me to wait for some time, and normal to fight with people when you spend that much time with them. So I did. Things were okayish via text/phone, then next time I saw her, fairly awkward. (We live an hour apart as well.) Silence for a week, then took her out for tea. I started the conversation about what happened on vacation, saying the same thing about people fighting while being together for a long time. Kept talking, I tried to root out if she was upset with me for the arguments we had, but she just referred to the 'change' in her sexually I guess, because she kept saying she knew I was careful and respectful to her in that manner, but something changed in her and she didn't know if she liked that. So I said, that's fine, sex or whatever we were doing is not that important to me, that's not what matters to me. I thought it would relieve any pressure there but I guess not.

Continued on, she said she was so busy with course that she didn't even have time for herself (true because she is an overly focused studier and such, but still overall, comon), and that she can't give the time to me, and she didn't want to have to worry about me. I said you don't have to worry about me, I can handle not seeing you, I just need to know if you want to see me. She went silent, I thought "Ffs". Continued on a bit, I said, "Do you want to break up?". She went silent for a bit, then said "I'm sorry". I said "Ok", started up the car, started driving back. Got a bit teary eyed, I must say. I was half-pissed and half-upset. Said "Well, you better just forget about me". I wanted to say something to the effect that I'm not going to stick around and hope or whatever. She said teary "Oh don't say that". Got home, she said "I hope you can forgive me someday" Responded "Yep". Then she said "I'm sorry", and I said "Me too". And that's it.

Well, as sad as it is, writing it all out and having to process it like this just makes me realize how fully dead this relationship is. I was pissed that, it felt like I tried to save it and she didn't, but I tell myself, does it really matter? And doesn't it just reaffirm how dead it is?

My goal here, again, is to shift my thinking from caring how she felt, or the reasons for her actions or whatever, to just caring about how I felt. I did have issues with her, but I wanted to try and work them. She didn't, for whatever her reasons. I always know the underlying truth behind any reasoning for breaking up, is simply because they do not want to be with you, no matter the cover story. It's hard to take. I really do want to cover it with some falsehood about her religion and what we did. And maybe it is part of it. But overall. The decision is based on wanting to be with them.

I totally did not keep this brief, but in writing this, it's given me some unfortunate revelations. And hopefully it'll help out whoever's reading this too. I've been here before, I know (in my head) NC works for me. Just a matter of convincing my heart it's best. It's not that I want to get back together, because I know that would not be good. Just wish it went better in the first place.

When was the first time you went NC? How did it go?

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 3

Had four text yesterday (24 hours after breakup). all in a row. after she saw I didn't respond - she hasn't sent anything.

we're not your typical breakup. ours was distance, and we both acknowledge there could be a future for us when I finish school and if I end up in the same city. it's so tough to be NC since we ended on relatively good terms.

I'm not liking anything on facebook in case she can see it. I want to drop off the face of the earth. at least for 30 days.

kind of fitting that my 850 post was about my most significant college girlfriend (850 is tallahassee's area code - go NOLES).

TeamBp

Don Juan
Reaction score
L_T_D313 said:
Brother, delete her from your Twitter. If you feel you will still lurk delete Twitter. I know how hard it is, I have my ex's login and password I haven't tried to login since January long before my NC. It's a tough process, you will have up's and down's you have to maintain though. It gets better I went from crying at night writing and listening to love songs. To barely thinking of her. I have nights where I miss her, but I know that I'm making the right decision I'm over her.

NC is much easier when you do it strictly meaning not looking at profiles and things of the sort. So start going with strict no contact no looking on Twitter or none of that mess. Hell deactivate all social media until you feel that you're in a better place mentally. It works my mans. -Lo
I deleted my FB and moved back to my twitter account. I added my boss and my boss must have told her about my timeline. I find out the ex decides to start a twitter now that I'm using it. Anyway I make it private and instantly the ex deletes her twitter account. (this was last week).

But on the day she made that rude comment on my friends Facebook she decides to reactivate it and post sexual conversations with her new lover (who she's using)

Anyway can someone tell me what this behavior means? What stage of grief is she in?

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
L_T_D313 said:
When was the first time you went NC? How did it go?
Well, this was about half a year ago. I should note this girl is definitely BPD, fluctuated from very flirty to dead to the world. Never dated, kissed, no relationship, just 'potential'. Things were on the friendly up swing, until she did a few things to totally irk me (snotty to me, flirt texting with my close friend who was engaged, now married, and other stuff). Took a few days to gather info and decided to cut her out entirely, blocked her on fb, deleted number, did not inform her.

Besides the emotional turmoil and settling inside me, I had three encounters with her afterwards, and I do say she was probing. First was at my same friend's wedding (August), she came up to talk to me and the other wedding party guys. She apparently had to wipe my collar for black marks, out of the blue, just jumped on it. She was semi-flirty. Had to walk by her, smiled at her, she smiled too. Group dance, she danced very close, I turned away. Ignored her otherwise, very good night with other attractive girls hanging off me a bit. No doubt she saw.

Next was remembrance day. She hung around me a little, did an indirect nice things to me but no direct communication attempt.

The big one was in December, she was at my work for some reason(we work same place but opposite shifts). She walked by, say hey, I said hey back, but avoided looking at her. She stuck around way too long for no apparent reason. I got lunch and went back downstairs, and there she was, at the end of the hallway, smiling brightly at me (I did not want to see or talk to her at all). She was all hey, how's it going, I responded good, how are you (being polite). She tried to joke around, punched my arm lightly, be all friendly, and all I'm thinking is how to get away without stirring **** up. Then she probed too deep "Hey how come you weren't looking at me when you said hi?". I said "Oh I don't know (Then I switched from avoidance to thinking "**** that, I'm not good with her, and I don't want her to think we are 'good'"), lots of reasons, but it's not important". She seemed taken aback, saying "Ok?" and I just walked away. Then I asked my friends, "how do you say F off to someone without saying f off?", and one friend said "Well, just say f off" and laughed. I said "Yeah, I would say that, to *girl*" and laughed too. And she walked by right at that moment. Did not mean for her to hear it, but I just thought of the perfect timing that was.

And that's how it went. Haven't heard from her since. And that's good with me.

L_T_D313

Don Juan
Reaction score
TeamBp said:
I deleted my FB and moved back to my twitter account. I added my boss and my boss must have told her about my timeline. I find out the ex decides to start a twitter now that I'm using it. Anyway I make it private and instantly the ex deletes her twitter account. (this was last week).

But on the day she made that rude comment on my friends Facebook she decides to reactivate it and post sexual conversations with her new lover (who she's using)

Anyway can someone tell me what this behavior means? What stage of grief is she in?
The stage called no grief. She's fucccccking around with him because she knows you'll see it. Dude just steer clear of the social media if you can. At least until your over her. She's being a biiiiitttttccccchhh for no apparent reason. Go strict NC. No looking or none of that ****, and lay off of the fb Twitter bull if it's causing you to cross paths with the broad. At least that's what I did. I can attest to the fact that not interacting with her in anyway shape or form has put me in a much better place.

Reaction score
TeamBp said:
Day 12

Please help
You need to quit looking at her twitter first of all...NC means no contact.

Reaction score
Day 5 of NC..today was hard. I started to miss him and was thinking about good times..then thinking about how I played myself for a fool..and how he turned from hot to cold so suddenly. I feel like such a fool. He had just told me a week prior to seeing me how much he missed me..and that I was the only person he was into. Oh well, live and learn..and move on. Today was a close call though almost sent a delayed response to a text he sent Friday. I deleted the text but almost respond with an ok..but that would have been a HUGE mistake and would have let him know that I was thinking of him. Looking forward to day 6. Goodnight everyone.

This forum has been a great help.

L_T_D313

Don Juan
Reaction score
icanseeclearlynow said:
Day 5 of NC..today was hard. I started to miss him and was thinking about good times..then thinking about how I played myself for a fool..and how he turned from hot to cold so suddenly. I feel like such a fool. He had just told me a week prior to seeing me how much he missed me..and that I was the only person he was into. Oh well, live and learn..and move on. Today was a close call though almost sent a delayed response to a text he sent Friday. I deleted the text but almost respond with an ok..but that would have been a HUGE mistake and would have let him know that I was thinking of him. Looking forward to day 6. Goodnight everyone.

This forum has been a great help.
Keep it up each time you have an urge remember the pain he caused.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Four months of no contact mark today. While I dumped the girl, I'm still writing the thread since it was an "involuntary dump" and it's just the same effect as if I was dumped.

Now -- I lost 30-40 lbs of weight the past month or two. I was lovesick. Now I'm just so happy I lose those dreaded stubborn pounds that would never come off. Used to be at 250 lbs before, obese, and chronically over-weight. Spent lots of money before on diets that never worked, gym memberships and nutritionists in the past to no avail. The weight kept coming back after it was over or it was slow coming down.

NOW THE WEIGHT IS GONE FOR GOOD!!! I will treat myself to a buffet!

This morning I got a revelation that God has someone for me after I prayed. That feels so AMAZING. My appetite has now come back and I'm back to my normal self (i.e. prior to the relationship) and the longing is almost 100% completely gone.

Wow, 30-40 lbs on lovesickness! My ex couldn't bear kids anyway so I don't see what all this fuss is about since I was serious about marriage, and most people enter a marriage to have children anyway....this is how I feel when I see children around with their parents.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
corrector said:
This morning I got a revelation that God has someone for me after I prayed. That feels so AMAZING.
I had the exact same experience earlier this year, multiple times.

I won't say who it is because nobody would believe me, but it feels too good to be true.

I am truly blessed by God.