The Future of Game - Flaking

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Indeed, jophil. Good points to you here, and a home run post by Bam Bam.

Folks! Listen up, seduction....is commercialized now. It's money making, it's business...it's not about truth anymore...it's about selling, an idea.

An idea, that you WANT to believe, or, the opposite, what you FEAR to believe.

Either way, you, become a buyer.

As with life, buyer beware!! :D
The operative question is, how many losers are there who are being milked of their cash by these commercial seduction enterprises?

I have a premonition that the number of losers are actually quite large

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
The operative question is, how many losers are there who are being milked of their cash by these commercial seduction enterprises?

I have a premonition that the number of losers are actually quite large

I've made a fair bit of money making graphics and videos for guys in the PUA industry through my internet marketing sites. Those guys always seem willing to spend cash, so apparently they are making money. That's why I know most PUA stuff is BS. Most of this guys, like my last client can't make a decision to save their lives but they won't trust my expertise in video production. I would hate for them to teach me how to pick up women.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't the opposite true as well?

My nephew - late teens - is part of this new social network. He has girls calling him up - at least 2 a night. I find that he himself makes plans and often times changes them on a whim.

I just see this as a catalist for us to change. I've often comentated on how I never text message - but the new rules seem to dictate that you significantly increase the number of plates you have spinning.

Age group is also a factor.

bam bam

Don Juan
Reaction score
TIC said:
Well it seems like it just gets harder and harder. It was not this difficult 5 years ago.

My question is, when does it get any easier? Or will women just continue to gain advantage after advantage while guys are left lonely?

By 2020 cold approaches will be criminalized I bet. I'm leaving the country for good if I get the chance. I don't care if its a 3rd world country, at least I'll be able to find companionship

Being an expert at something 10 years ago but not changing with the times leaves you in the dust. As society changes a lot of smaller rules change but the fundamentals are still the same. It should get harder as you get older because from experience you can narrow down to a very specific type of woman you seek in your life. When you start dating you're usually very general with your woman type. As you get older I've found I get more anal about certain things. For example when I was 16 I dated smokers. Now she smokes she gets nothing more than a good convo with me. Cutting out smokers out of potential woman I go for greatly reduces the amount of woman that makes it into my life. But quality isn't what we have it's what we cut out of our lives.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TIC said:
My problem is that its only getting harder for men while it just gets easier for women...don't speak on this as if it's ubiquotous to both genders.

A woman from 10 years ago will have just as easy a time in the dating scene while a man from 10 years has to have changed and improved.

Men are constantly on the hamster wheel, refining game, working out, etc

Women just get fatter and more demanding as the years go on...
look kid you are fairly new to this (from reading your FR's)
and you couldnt be more wrong...

CrashOverRide

Don Juan
Reaction score
An absolute great thread and relevant topic in today's game. Reading this is kind of bittersweet. We all can validate that flaking is rampant and has happened to us. I'm sure that alleviates some of us from feeling like they have something wrong with them. But on the other hand it's kind of a sad reality to realize what female to male dating interaction has evolved into. Please just keep the following things in mind;

1.) Don't take flaking personally. The fact is most of the time it's more of what the woman has going on in her own personal life than anything that's wrong with you. It's a numbers game! Keep approaching

2.) Say positive and even if you are upset don't show her you are affected by it.

Remember flakes may occur in high number; but it's quite easy to keep sarging and get new prospects.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ill be honest with you guys.

got flaked on yesterday. i had actually planned out few things to do. kinda of upset over it, since i started to believe that my game is starting to get tighter.

this thread is helping me to take it all in stride I guess.

The one thing ive learned here is to not dwell on it.

ughhhh.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually believe that people in general are flaky.

Friends in general and potential hookups.

We don't get bent when acquaintances or friends flake out
(maybe you were supposed to hang out, didn't return a text, whatever)
but that's because we don't really care so its not something that you
are likely to even remember after a couple days. And we don't hold
it against them.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PokerStar said:
ill be honest with you guys.

got flaked on yesterday. i had actually planned out few things to do. kinda of upset over it, since i started to believe that my game is starting to get tighter.
Also, keep in mind that this flake may not have to do anything with you. Let me explain.

You're gonna get flakes from time to time. Even if your game were to be perfect (and no one's is), you will still get flaked on (though not as frequently as some AFC will probably put up with).

And the reason for that is that women are weird. The end.

Nah, just kidding. She could have had an accident, a last-minute family emergency, etc. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to make up excuses or rationalize a flake.

What was her demeanor after the flake? Sincerely sorry for having flaked or unapologetic? Solidly countered or left it "up in the air"? (we'll totally get together sometime next week! Promise!)

Learn to observe the little details and properly analyze them! ;)

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CrashOverRide said:
An absolute great thread and relevant topic in today's game. Reading this is kind of bittersweet. We all can validate that flaking is rampant and has happened to us. I'm sure that alleviates some of us from feeling like they have something wrong with them. But on the other hand it's kind of a sad reality to realize what female to male dating interaction has evolved into. Please just keep the following things in mind;

1.) Don't take flaking personally. The fact is most of the time it's more of what the woman has going on in her own personal life than anything that's wrong with you. It's a numbers game! Keep approaching

2.) Say positive and even if you are upset don't show her you are affected by it.

Remember flakes may occur in high number; but it's quite easy to keep sarging and get new prospects.
I agree with Crash and co-sign a 100% however I'd like to add that, sometimes you have a right to get upset, flaking is unacceptable if one of your guy friends flakes on you, you wouldn't call them out on it?

I can honestly say this year has been horrible for flaking, I've been flaked on badly, from girls saying they rather work out, to a women on her way to pick me up but flaking with some lame excuse to see another guy, I mean ugly flaking.

I thought about the whole "bang'em" concept but the more I think about it and head out in the field and deal with women(especially since this post) the more I realize even that is obsolete(bang her three times and she's yours), women have the same mentality as men now when it comes to sex, I really am starting to believe that 1. You gotta have super tight game mixed with high interest or 2. Be a man of high value i.e. money+high social value for a women not to flake or 3. Meet the right girl in the right situation(a women of principle and faith)I know it sounds shallow and lame but banging a women, no matter how hard you put the pipe down, isn't enough in 2010, and it won't be enough in 2011

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vatoloco said:
Also, keep in mind that this flake may not have to do anything with you. Let me explain.

You're gonna get flakes from time to time. Even if your game were to be perfect (and no one's is), you will still get flaked on (though not as frequently as some AFC will probably put up with).

And the reason for that is that women are weird. The end.

Nah, just kidding. She could have had an accident, a last-minute family emergency, etc. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to make up excuses or rationalize a flake.

What was her demeanor after the flake? Sincerely sorry for having flaked or unapologetic? Solidly countered or left it "up in the air"? (we'll totally get together sometime next week! Promise!)

Learn to observe the little details and properly analyze them! ;)
got the text today. she says she is sorry about flaking, she couldnt make it cause she caught a cold at the party we both went to last friday.

so, she is taking me out to our favorite pho restaurant this week. prolly thursday or friday.

so i will give her the benefit of a doubt.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reacting aggressively to flakes even though there are mitigating factors is a sign of a frail ego.

Although I find the double strike rule (of some guy here) (which basically says that a woman has exactly two chances to flake) somewhat rigid and unflexible;

it stresses this trade-off between SELF-RESPECT and CONCEIT.

People are busy. They may flake. This is a natural part of life, always has been.

Pumping bitterness to young DJ's about women and how they flake is not helping.

Be positive/Give constructive advice.

It's all about our ATTITUDE, gentlemen!

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:
reacting aggressively to flakes even though there are mitigating factors is a sign of a frail ego.
I totally agree and have been there more times than i'd like to admit.

It really all goes back to not caring. You just can't care, you must not
care. I can easily point to a number of girls that I truly did not care
about and they ALL re initiated contact. I just simply didn't care and
it showed. They all came back. And I still didn't care.

Now if I can learn how to have this attitude with girls that I am
attracted to.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One strike and your out. Send the message to the masses of *****es out there that flaking is not acceptable and won't be tolerated. If enough guys conducted business that way there would be a lot less flaking!

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two quite different situations which are both frequently called -"flaking" .
1) Her canceling a date or a meetup with a phone call and an apology (and a counter offer in the ideal case), and a re-schedule.
2) A "no show" .This is when she just 'poofs' in silence and leaves you waiting on a bar stool looking at your watch every five minutes.

In the first case I give them one more chance. IF she cancels a second time at a future date ,with or without excuse, she is gone.
IN the second case there can be no second chance unless she can prove later that she was all bandaged up in the ER with her cell phone crushed in the wreck.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it will happen at such a frustrating level that I’m certain more men will turn into homosexuals or resort to sex dolls because of it.
Keep in mind that Roosh and Roissy and bloggers like them are alarmists and enjoy nothing more than riling people up so they get more visitors to their blogs and more attention.

Despite what they say, these guys are NOT getting laid and are NOT doing well with women. Guys who are getting laid with as many women as they suggest they are, do not constantly b|tch about the state of the world nor have dire predictions for the fall of society or whatever it is they're always preaching. Guys who get laid consistently usually are pretty upbeat and feel good about the world; because, hey, they're getting laid.

Bitter men aren't alpha. Cynical men aren't getting laid. While these bloggers do have some good hindsight analysis and general observations about men & women, their predictions are always skewed toward the morose and improbable, and their political outlooks are textbook wingnut.

They do get a lot of readers though, precisely because of these traits. They know what they're doing in that regard.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
There are two quite different situations which are both frequently called -"flaking" .
1) Her canceling a date or a meetup with a phone call and an apology (and a counter offer in the ideal case), and a re-schedule.
2) A "no show" .This is when she just 'poofs' in silence and leaves you waiting on a bar stool looking at your watch every five minutes.

In the first case I give them one more chance. IF she cancels a second time at a future date ,with or without excuse, she is gone.
IN the second case there can be no second chance unless she can prove later that she was all bandaged up in the ER with her cell phone crushed in the wreck.
Jophill is on point like Bob Cousy in his prime!

:p

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This thread got evaluated for accuracy in 2022 beyond just the flaking component. Flaking was already become common in 2010. That wasn't a stretch of a prediction in 2010.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This thread got evaluated for accuracy in 2022 beyond just the flaking component. Flaking was already become common in 2010. That wasn't a stretch of a prediction in 2010.

I love to read old threads.

They were absolutely right. Flaking became the norm to such a degree that now a man is even a fool for "not even" planning a double date.

And that advice has some merit to it. In order to book double you need to be CONSTANTLY working on gaming women. A man who can meet up with two women probably has 5 women he's busy with a d ofcourse knows how to pull, while an AFC who "FINALLY " gets a date hardly ever interacts with women.