Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Don Juan Pledge of Honor

Anjo_das_Trevas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Devlar:
I will call a woman the day after i meet her, i'm not a playa and i sure as hell don't want to be.

I want her to feel as if she can be comfortable around me, and one way to do that is show her your not whoring yourself around.

If your a big time playa go ahead and phone 3 days later, follow the crowd and watch yourself crash and burn. If you want to prove to a woman that you find her more special than the rest do what you think is right and phone the next day.

Romantic #1
The Devlar
Hi Devlar, i think AD is right, we guys should'nt call them too soon cuz they will think we are "nice guys", it's our sentence of death. Believe me man, i've met this girl on the net and she gave me her # as if she was testing me, the very next day i called her and stayed on the phone alot, i think i've ****ed my chances badly by doing that. The later the better, otherwise she will think you have no one in your life, she will think that you are very easy and offer no challenge to her. The pledge is one of a truly DJ.

Anjo_das_Trevas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AD what's the period of days between a guy receiving a # and calling the girl? i'm asking cuz i screwed up once very badly. I met the girl, she gave me the # and the very next i was calling her and talking 1 hour on the phone. In the end there was nothing left to say. What can a guy do in a situation like this one. What can i do to finish the call quickly without being rude?

The pledge is one of a truly DJ.

Anti-Dump

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anjo,

You call a MINIMUM of four days.

Your only calling days are monday, tuesday, wednesday. NEVER call thursday thru sunday. She will have made plans for the week end. Trips, aunts flying in, etc.

This is simple. If you get a number on your calling days call the FOLLOWING week. If you get a number on THURS thru SATURDAY call the FOLLOWING week. If you get a number on sunday, call wednesday. Wednesday is only three days but you probably won't get many numbers on that day.
This is not science. It is an art.

Planning your calls is good for you because it teaches you to SLOW DOWN.
The slower you go in dating the easier it is to AVOID the traps. You know the saying, 'fools rush in'.

The girl will wait if she truely likes you. If she gets mad, this is good. You find out who is a b***h and who is not.

About getting off the phone fast. Your purpose for calling is NOT TO HAVE A CONVERSATION! It is to SET UP a date. Say 'this is Anjo, we met at the Joe's Place. Let's do dinner on saturday. I'll pick you up at 8:00PM. What's your address?.'

After you get the address, say 'That's great. See you saturday. Goodnight.'And HANG UP.

You are not being RUDE! You are giving her a date and she is LUCKY she got one from you. Why? Because you had two other girls to choose from!

AD

Anti-Dump

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vassago,

What you really mean has it ever failed? Like anything else it doesn't always work.

Here are two failures:

I called one womean after four days and she said she was sick and didn't think she would be well enough for saturday. I called seven days later and she said her daughter was coming home from college and wanted to spend time with her. I decided to break my rule about two calls and called a third time one week later.

She said she was going on a trip to Florida with her girlfriend. It was all true. We were introduced by a friend. Her plans were made months ago.

She never said 'how about next tuesday' or offered another day. So I judged her interest level to be very low. I NEVER CALLED BACK.

About two weeks later she called and left this message: John, it's Nancy, I'm Baaaaaaacckkkkkkk!. I never laughed so hard in my life.

So you see nothing is perfect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called another woman after four days and said "let's see a movie saturday". She said 'I have to be in the MOOD for a movie.'. I gave her a chance (because normally I don't accept a changed date.) I found her to be BORING and dropped her after two dates.

It didn't work several times BUT I DIDN'T GET STUCK with women who weren't interested. So in a way I WON the battle. Most guys would have hung in there pulling their hair out.

Other than that I have had not many problems.

Is that good enought for a field report Vassago? I bet you thought I wouldn't tell you about it NOT WORKING. He,he,he!!! So there!

AD

Austin Powers

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no input, I just felt like posting

[This message has been edited by Austin Powers (edited 07-12-2000).]

Vassago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I should have been more specific. The four day thing is your own style and that might work on some women and it might not, I used to wait four days so I know it's hit or miss, but enough about that.

What I wanted to know was if calling them up and just saying,

"This is AD, we met at the Joe's Place. Let's do dinner on saturday. I'll pick you up at 8:00PM. What's your address?."

gets you alot of dates. I agree that you shouldn't spend alot of time on the phone, but this seems kind of ridiculous.

Crazyman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean that you should call in 2 or 3 days to arange a date 1-2 weeks in advance. Reason you are busy you have you own life to run.

Get your own style for everything don't be a sheep blindly following the herd. Poinless rules are meant to be broken.

I think having a short conversation about the last couple of days and plans for the next few would help the setting of the date and indicate how busy she is.

------------------
Fear is seductive.
Don`t let it be the love of your life

Don_090

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree A-D, I hope everyone reads that and takes it, lol, yeah!

The Hunter

Reaction score
Well, I agree. It's a great pledge. But I too must question the value of a 4 day absolute. If this is a truly good looking woman you're trying to hook up with, don't you think plenty of other guys are hittin on her too. Supply and demand. And even though I'm a good lookin guy, I'm not the only shark in the tank. Waiting a full 4 days may make you miss an opportunity cause the early bird got worm... Calling her the next day is obvioulsy desperation. But if she's real hot, I wouldn't be adverse to calling 3 days or even 2 as long as I sound like I don't give a sh!t if she says yes or not when I call...

ACTION

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Smooth Jr:
I MAKE NO EXCUSES FOR MY DESIRES AS A MAN. I LIKE TO FUC* WOMEN. end of story......
HOLY FUKK! You must be my clone or something!

(Like I say, just because you wanna bang bytches doesn't make you a bad person.)

Pimpologist

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the type of woman she seems like but I usually call b/w 2-4 days after getting the #. I NEVER call the very next day no matter how goodlooking she is or how well the intitial approach/convo. went.

Sunday night through wednesday are my calling days...I don't call for dates thur-sat. Remember that the first phone call is like the first face to face approach...you have to make a good impression. A short 15 second call where the only thing you talk about is will we or where should we meet just won't cut it. Esp. after the effort you used to approach and get her #.

Women will give you never-ending tests...that is just what they do naturally. All you have to do is figure out when it is you are being tested (which is virtually all the time with some women)and respond accordingly. Once you get familiar with this subconscious act women do, you will find yourself testing her for your interest.

BigBill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well well

we have an interesting debate about call-back times. Nice to see one with real ideas and thought behind it other than

'but Doc Love always says...!'

I get tons of numbers and I usually wait three days. I have hit and miss success. I've tried the Doc Love wait a week thing and that hasn't worked out, and I used to always call the next day if at all and that didnt go well either.

That was before I started becoming a DJ though. I'm going to go ahead and give Vassago's suggestion a try though. Instead of going out of my way to PROVE I'm not some needy, desperate little turd I'm just going to assume that since I'm not, the chick can sense that too and speed things up a little.

I should have some good practice time as soon as school finals are over.

Kalen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I found this and i just couldnt let it stay at the bottom. This is great stuff!!

So Bump!

Vassago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah just make sure you ignore the crap by Anti Dump!

See what I had to deal with back in the days guys? :)

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually taught Anti-Dump everything he knows about women.

Act!on

Reaction score
Originally posted by ACTION
HOLY FUKK! You must be my clone or something!

(Like I say, just because you wanna bang bytches doesn't make you a bad person.)

no...YOU MUST BE MY CLONE

wtf....ACTION?

-Act!on