Step Up Bootcamp

SalParadise

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 4, Day 1

Went out into town with the aim of getting two rejections. For a couple of minutes I hovered around potential approaches, but I couldn't get my body to move! Usual story. After about ten minutes I sat in a bookshop, gathered myself and got up again. Before I would walk around for HOURS, so this is an improvement.

1: Approached a girl looking at CDs, made a comment about the CD she was listening to, went from there. Not a bad one, I found out she was visiting town to see her sister. Showed her a couple of CDs she should listen to, talked to her for about two minutes. When I number closed her, she said she had a boyfriend - 'When is the wedding?' 'No, it's not that serious'. It came down to her wanting my number so she could have a back-up guy on call... No ****in' way! I ended it there.

2: Spoke to a girl working in a clothes shop. Asked her about the jeans she had on offer, what was so great about them, how she liked working there, where she studied, etc. Didn't like her very much. Closed her for the hell of it, she didn't buy.

I'm enjoying the experience of the bootcamp so far. I find that as with other things the hardest part is making that initial approach every day, getting started.

Completed - 2/10.

SalParadise

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this bootcamp is the only one that has been tried in the UK. Any UK DJs out there got any special advice on playing this stuff? The advice I have gotten from here is:

* Cold approaches are a waste of time
* Clubs are easy ground for all closes
* People generally do meet-ups in bars and cold approaching is virtually unknown.

Last edited:

SalParadise

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,
Well I'm embroiled in Week 5 of bootcamp and having mixed results. Seeing as nobody expressed much interest in this thread I'm not going to be posting my results regularly, as I feel that the best thing for me at this point in my life is to LEAVE this damned website, for at least a year.

Later,
Sal