Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Starbucks: The New, Trendy Place for Hook Ups?

Yapper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Half the Starbucks around here have fuggin DRIVE-THRU WINDOWS.
I never see hot girls lingering in there.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The coffee sucks but the ratios in some key Melbourne Starbucks are about 10:1 girls to guys.

However the girls there all seem to be catching up between themselves or have their noses buried in books/laptops/mobile phones. I have not devised a game plan for Starbucks yet (no real pressing need since I already approach in other places) but I'll post some field tested methods if I get around to it.

Micheal Moon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny I saw this thread. I went to Starbucks late last week. I usually go in and out of Starbucks order and leave. but I was bored and had time to sit down and drink my tea. I noticed that there was a lot of eye candy going in and out. Plus, the whole staff behind the counter is basically female as well.

Since then I've been figuring it might be a good place to go meet girls but based on Sanctum's good advice its sounds like its a place you shouldn't be going to consistently.

However very rarely do I see girls in there by themselves, especially w/ the hot ones. I agree w/ the posters that said they were either w/ their boyfriends or with groups of friends. I was considering approaching this girl until I got too close and realized how young she was. and as I saw her leaving I was glad that my instincts were right as she looked like a kid.

However it sounds like a good place that I'll hit up occassionally. I just don't want to go too much and get labeled as "that guy" like Sanctum said. That would be embarrassing.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sanctum1972 said:
And whatever you do, avoid girls ordering Frappucinnos. Don't drink that stuff. I used to work for Starbucks and it's okay and over the years, underage punks come in and go. Depending on where you're at, avoid underagers.
Even if you get hit by one, double-check to make sure her age. You don't want jailbait.
Even a 17 year old girl can look 21...be very careful. That's why in bars/nightclubs you are more likely going to encounter a girl 21 and over.
I'm starting to grow weary of bars/clubs and coffeehouses for some reason...I don't know why. I go to bars/clubs..it gets isolating because of my deafness due to the noise but the women are tempting..while in coffeehouses at night, underage punks flock to those places because they're the only 'legal' places for them to hit on...especially in the state I'm at....
I guess this depends on what state you're from. I did a bit of research recently (mostly out of curiosity) for AR on age limits on hookups. Basically it can get pretty complicated for two people in the "teens"... but for 21+, a guy or girl can legally hook up with a 16 year old. I had always assumed it was 18, but its 16 in AR.

Ahh hel*, now everyone's gonna want to move here!

And Sanctum, reading your last 2 posts above mine, you have some serious fear issues going there that should definitely take you out of the game in a place like Starbucks. If one wants to find reasons not to game women, I'm sure there are plenty of them.

Its too bad chicks don't hang out in McDonalds, cause the coffee is better there now.

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, i spent several months when unemployed going to Starbucks almost everyday. I would take my laptop with me and setup in one of the easy chairs and write my journal and a script for a TV series i had in mind. Sarging chicks was def on the agenda. Anyway, there was this really hot girl who looked like she was in her early twenties (I was 32, but i look young. I still get carded). The girl was with her best friend who was prob 10-15 years older with child. I thought i overheard them talking about me, flirting, etc. Eventually, i got the nerve up to approach the two, after they had already gotten into their SUV to leave. I approached the hot girl's side and she rolled down the window. I told them that i just wanted to introduce myself. They laughed and said "Oh, we thought you were a cult leader or something". That floored me. I said no, i wasn't and we exchanged names and they left. I went back inside, utterly mystified at what had just happened. I look nothing like a cult-leader; i'm well-dressed, introverted, but able to converse well, etc. It was left-field female BS, prob meant to knock me off my balance. They came in several days later and we talked and got to know each other. The hot girl was 20(?) and had gone to one of the regional American Idol trials. That turned me off right away, but she was still very sexy-hot. Days later they came in again, but this time i was on my cell talking to my brother. It was a long call and the women eventually got up to leave and the hottie said, "Whatever, GtrPlayr, whatever..." and walked out. I made a gesture like "wtf are you talking about?" The next time they came in, they both accused me of ignoring them, playing games by appearing to talk on a phone "obviously longer than necessary". And when i tried to explain, they wouldn't hear it. ANYWAY...those two were psychos and attention hors.

I recently went into a Starbucks closer to where i live and i think the hottie is now working there as a barista! I've been ignoring her as it might not be her after all.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sheesh, just approach

Exp said:
Yup. How much doesn't that set you back, the girl putting you in the "guy desperate for hook up" category before you even meet. I'd hate to be seen as one of those 10 afcs staring at women.
Then freaking approach. You've already talked yourself out of meeting anyone with that attitude.

What separates you from the AFCs staring at women? Well, actually APPROACHING the woman.

I've had success at Starbucks, never limit your options because of what guys say on an internet site, be it former employees or not. I've known corporate snobs to go out with dorks; I've seen so-called aloof women warm up to a guy who actually had nads to go approach.

Just like a bar, or a library, or an art museum, or the grocery store: the best place to approach is where you make it!

Quit thinking of reasons not to approach and go approach IN PERSON, FACE TO FACE -- I ain't talking about that wussy MySpace sh-t, I'm talking about being a man.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sanctum1972 said:

The point is that it is NOT wise to hit up on girls who may appear to be underage in Starbucks. I may not hear everything what's going on but I use my eyes and can see what's up.
It's not fear...it's logic.

It's not about having the balls to talk to a chick, it's about using your head. It's really a combination of both.

I'm 35 and won't hit up on girls under 21. Any woman of drinking age or older is a safer bet...for legal reasons.
I wasn't suggesting you hit on them as an employee of Starbucks. That's different. I thought you were referring to how you should behave as a customer.

Again, i'm not sure if you saw my comments about the age, but you might want to get educated on the actual "jailbait" laws in your state. The reason I say that is, again, for my state its only 16, meaning 16 and up is fair legal game, and I wouldn't mess with a girl under 16 even by accident. Point being, why take an approach of "playing it safe" (out of ignorance) when you can look up the actual law for your state. I saw it linked in another thread in the high-school forum i believe (by state).

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the point is Sanctum, that if you see a woman that intriques you...man up and approach. Approach regardless of where you are, starbucks, a museum, bus stop, etc.

Who cares what everyone else thinks. Why are they so interested in putting a label on someone? They should be more concerned with their own lives.

Getting labeled a womanizer, well, that's pretty much a compliment. A womanizer gets women. If I got called that, I'd just laugh.

Live the best most honorable life you can, and don't give a sh!t what others think.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
I think the point is Sanctum, that if you see a woman that intriques you...man up and approach. Approach regardless of where you are, starbucks, a museum, bus stop, etc.

Who cares what everyone else thinks. Why are they so interested in putting a label on someone? They should be more concerned with their own lives.

Getting labeled a womanizer, well, that's pretty much a compliment. A womanizer gets women. If I got called that, I'd just laugh.

Live the best most honorable life you can, and don't give a sh!t what others think.
Exactly what i was thinking.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sanctum1972 said:
Just approach...........anything in Starbucks? Just approach because she looks like jailbait? I can't accept that thinking...if I SEE a woman that appears closer to my age, then yes that would make sense...but 'just approach'?
That's being vague and going about it blindly.

And lastly if you have had success in Starbucks, how were you able to avoid the 'That Womanizing Customer' label? Did you hit up just one Starbucks joint or several in your area?
This is the mature man board, I assumed you could tell the difference between high school and older.

I have had success in Starbucks and other coffee shops. Not one customer or employee has a tally sheet of who is hitting on whom. If you see a nice woman and you strike up a conversation, you're on your way.

If you don't get a number or anything, so what? You tried.

You'd be amazed how many people are not paying attention to the lives of others and really don't care about your life or my life. I highly doubt the employees or other patrons are going to say, "Hey, there's that womanizer!" Heck, they probably don't even remember who was there yesterday. Most people in society have a hard enough time remembering their own kids' names let alone what someone else is doing in a coffee shop. We are in a period of the dumbest society in the history of our culture (that is the U.S. I'm talking about), worrying about what these idiots think is futile.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some thoughts:

- I agree with What's-his-face. Approach even if you have no game plan. You can only learn from what happens. Three Second Rule. Of course I don't always follow it. My loss. :D

- Look for IOIs, approach invitations. Same as bars, I look to see which girls are focused on their own group and which ones are distracted and spinning their heads around the room like radar dishes. It's bloody obvious when you learn to recognise it.

- Sit on the couches rather than on a table by yourself. You can always start a convo with whoever sits down, or is close by.

- I always sit where I can see most or all of the room.

- Take something to read to burn up time. Coffee doesn't take that long to drink.

- Try to read the body language of everyone there.

- Make friends with the staff. Or at least be friendly and make them remember you. (As per bars, clubs, etc.)

I've noticed in some areas trendies go to Starbucks. In others it's uni students, then others ferals. Don't see many corporate types. I think they prefer no-brand cafes. I certainly do.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been to Starbucks all over the country and there usually are good looking women in them. Some are snobby girls, some are not ... but you really don't know until you meet/approach them.

Some girls are granolas and weird -- then again you don't know until you meet/approach them.

Saying, "All Starbucks girls are like this or that ..." automatically eliminates you before you step in the door.

I'm always puzzled as to why guys put two strikes on themselves before they even step into the batter's box.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WestCoaster said:
I'm always puzzled as to why guys put two strikes on themselves before they even step into the batter's box.
It could be due to lack of confidence, a lack of practice (better to think of 1 in 100 approaches as successful than not to approach at all). Also, it's always easier to think you've struck out.