South Carolina officer charged with murder after shooting man in the back

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
I repeat, Tennessee v Garner has made this all clear. And the video tape makes it clear that Scott was not a threat to anyone. A slow unarmed older man in an empty park is not an imminent threat to anyone.

I repeat, in exactly what instances does running away from the police when detained is a good idea and ends up well? Even if death was off of the table, which of the alternative actions by the police officers are worth the trouble of running of getting into any type of confrontation? Even the passenger questioned why he chose to run.

He was either going to get tasered, tackled, dog-piled, punched, kicked, beaten and/or shot, regardless of his race; what did he expect? Regardless of the outcome, why would someone rationally choose to do something that would result in one of those things? What are the chances of him still being alive if he had just stayed in the car? Not justifying him getting shot and killed, but can you honestly say that he didn't think that would be a possibility if he tried to run?

logicallefty

Reaction score
I need to read through this entire thread, I haven't yet done so. As one of the police officers here on SS my comment is this: "This shooting was UNJUSTIFIED". The officer's safety was not in danger at the point he fired the shots. It may have been prior to that but it clearly wasn't at the time he fired.. The only POSSIBLE argument the officer could have would be if the guy had been a known fleeing escaped convict who, based on known facts, was very likely to be a threat to society if allowed to remain free. I have heard NO such facts in this case. This officer screwed up big time IMO and I hope he pays for it.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Hey ( . ) ( . ) my apologies I accidentally deleted your last post. It was an accident. Please re post your last comment.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
np, I said:

logicallefty said:
I need to read through this entire thread, I haven't yet done so. As one of the police officers here on SS my comment is this: "This shooting was UNJUSTIFIED". The officer's safety was not in danger at the point he fired the shots. It may have been prior to that but it clearly wasn't at the time he fired.. The only POSSIBLE argument the officer could have would be if the guy had been a known fleeing escaped convict who, based on known facts, was very likely to be a threat to society if allowed to remain free. I have heard NO such facts in this case. This officer screwed up big time IMO and I hope he pays for it.
So what you're saying is I can not only flee from a police officer but I can get into a ground tussle and even attempt to use his own taser on him and he's still at fault if he uses his weapon?

Good to know :up:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...-video-shows-officer-slager-with-taser-darts/

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
So what you're saying is I can not only flee from a police officer but I can get into a ground tussle and even attempt to use his own taser on him and he's still at fault if he uses his weapon?

Good to know :up:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...-video-shows-officer-slager-with-taser-darts/
WOW JUST WOW

That's just.....I can't believe.......just.....unbelievable Tits.....ignorance/need education......broken tail light.....rodney king......black lives matter.....slavery... etc etc

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
There's the possibility that the officer believed Scott had the taser and that the leads were attached to the officer at the time he started shooting.

The issue I have with the whole matter is the media is presenting a narrative that casts the officer in the worst light. And the government is coming down hard just because it's a white officer shooting a black suspect.

There's definitely a rotten agenda beyond whether this was a bad shoot. Think federalizing/nationalizing the police with more black and non-white control and more affirmative action for black and non-white criminality. White cops and whites become the victimizers and non-white criminals are the victims. That's the real agenda. The grievance industry is trying to take control of the criminal justice system.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I repeat, in exactly what instances does running away from the police when detained is a good idea and ends up well? Even if death was off of the table, which of the alternative actions by the police officers are worth the trouble of running of getting into any type of confrontation? Even the passenger questioned why he chose to run.

He was either going to get tasered, tackled, dog-piled, punched, kicked, beaten and/or shot, regardless of his race; what did he expect? Regardless of the outcome, why would someone rationally choose to do something that would result in one of those things? What are the chances of him still being alive if he had just stayed in the car? Not justifying him getting shot and killed, but can you honestly say that he didn't think that would be a possibility if he tried to run?
That's the thing. The topsy turvy grievance industry holds one standard for police and whites and another for their favorite group. The former is supposed to do what the latter should've done, and the latter is allowed to do what ever it wants without consequence or repercussions http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/04/13/south-carolina-legal-experts-advocate-for-the-safari-principle-officer-slager-should-have-stayed-in-his-car-and-not-chased-walter-scott

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
There's definitely a rotten agenda beyond whether this was a bad shoot. Think federalizing/nationalizing the police with more black control and more affirmative action for black criminality. White cops and whites become the victimizers and black criminals are the victims. That's the real agenda. The grievance industry is trying to take control of the criminal justice system.
BINGO

But it's easy to see the advantage that the blacks want. They want more access, more easy jobs, more money, etc., for free. My question is.......WHY ARE WHITE ELITES AIDING AND ABETTING THIS? Do they think it will turn out well for them in the end? The blacks will turn against them too while they corrupt the whole damned system. All you need to do is look at cities that are under majority black control. Funny enough, after they got what they want and the smoke has cleared, they are BEGGING whites to move back in in 'gentrificate' or whatever the h*ll the new buzzword is.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
My question is.......WHY ARE WHITE ELITES AIDING AND ABETTING THIS? Do they think it will turn out well for them in the end?
Doing things out of jealousy, envy and spite never did guarantee rational thinking or a good outcome lol.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
My question is.......WHY ARE WHITE ELITES AIDING AND ABETTING THIS?
I don't know if it is a "white" thing, but in supporting this, it diverts attention from the raising taxes on the wealthy. Who could blame someone for choosing what is seemingly the lesser of two evils. People forget that there was a time when these people paid 90% of their earnings to the Government.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:

A couple of things, the officer wasn't in danger and by all accounts, the general public wasn't in danger. No need for lethal force what so ever. When the guy ran, the cop tried taser him and it didn't take. Instead of pursuing him, the cop dropped his taser, pulled his weapon and shot. The cop approached the guy on the ground, handcuffed him and then went back to get the taser he dropped to move it closer to where the guy fell.

The cop was wrong on so many counts but unfortunately the guy chose to run in the first place. It doesn't justify anything but at least he had a better chance of staying alive if he hadn't run.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Based on the video clip I saw with some item go flying from the officer, if that really was the Tazer as the officer said, and, the guy really tried to gain access to the Tazer then the officer would have been justified in shooting him right at that time he tried to gain access. You don't touch anything on an officer's belt especially not any of his weapons. That is grounds to get shot and if someone tried to get their hands on my Tazer and I had the chance to shoot them with my firearm, I would do so.. But thats not how this played out.. As the guy turned around and started to run, the officer's safety was no longer at risk.

The only other possible way this could be a justified shoot exactly as it happened is if the guy was a known escaped convict who would present a danger to society if he got away. THEN the officer would have been justified in shooting him exactly like he did.. I haven't heard that the guy was an escapee or any kind of known criminal prior to the day's events.

Botton line, this shooting was a no-no.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
Based on the video clip I saw with some item go flying from the officer, if that really was the Tazer as the officer said, and, the guy really tried to gain access to the Tazer then the officer would have been justified in shooting him right at that time he tried to gain access. You don't touch anything on an officer's belt especially not any of his weapons. That is grounds to get shot and if someone tried to get their hands on my Tazer and I had the chance to shoot them with my firearm, I would do so.. But thats not how this played out.. As the guy turned around and started to run, the officer's safety was no longer at risk.

The only other possible way this could be a justified shoot exactly as it happened is if the guy was a known escaped convict who would present a danger to society if he got away. THEN the officer would have been justified in shooting him exactly like he did.. I haven't heard that the guy was an escapee or any kind of known criminal prior to the day's events.

Botton line, this shooting was a no-no.
Another no-no was the evidence tampering. Why the need to plant the taser if what Slager was saying was true? Why lie on the police report as well?

And for those assertions some are making about Slager possibly being tased. Who here has been shocked by electricity before? I have while working on electronics. And it certainly wasnt a big taser shock...but it was certainly enough where I needed to paused and collect myself.

Unlike Slager, I was not chuckling right afterwards and not mentioning to anyone that Ive been shocked. If Slager was shocked Id imagine he would be mentioning that during his phone call after the shooting, and that the news would show up elsewhere besides fringe hard right websites looking for any way to get this guy off. There are a lot more reputable media outlets, left or right, that would have picked that up if it were true he was tazed.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Fvck it I think I'm rooting for gaylan on this one now. He's been hunting for his white boogedyman for so long now I'm actually feeling a bit sorry for him.

Plus if white police officers are still signing up to serve in known areas of "vibrancy" when they know fully well there is a massive anti-white juggernaut hoping and praying they limit a dindu then to hell with them. They deserve to be crucified.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Another no-no was the evidence tampering. Why the need to plant the taser if what Slager was saying was true? Why lie on the police report as well?

And for those assertions some are making about Slager possibly being tased. Who here has been shocked by electricity before? I have while working on electronics. And it certainly wasnt a big taser shock...but it was certainly enough where I needed to paused and collect myself.

Unlike Slager, I was not chuckling right afterwards and not mentioning to anyone that Ive been shocked. If Slager was shocked Id imagine he would be mentioning that during his phone call after the shooting, and that the news would show up elsewhere besides fringe hard right websites looking for any way to get this guy off. There are a lot more reputable media outlets, left or right, that would have picked that up if it were true he was tazed.
Jaylan, you make good points and like I said, we are going to have to wait until ALL OF THE EVIDENCE comes out on this to truly determine what should happen to the Cop.

But I still don't understand Jaylan, why you Pro Blacks always pick cases of Thugs and Criminals having potential "injustices" done against them by the Police and the Courts, and using those Thugs as the Face of your Movement.

Jaylan, let's say your Movement has merit, you aren't going to get any traction from it until the general population gets on board and helps FUND it. Jaylan no matter if the Thug/Criminal was actually over policed, over charged, and over sentenced, NOBODY from the general population is going to fight for "justice" for a Thug/Criminal.

The General Population gets turned the fvck OFF from giving a damn when they find out the guy "wronged" by the Police and the Courts has a history of doing continual, dumb, stupid, criminal activity. Whether the guy THIS TIME actually got a bad deal from the "system" or not, nobody will give a damn because he's a repeated Criminal.

The only people I see fighting for Thugs/Criminals are black people like you, who believe in this institutionalized racism and white supremacy ploy, and using the "injustice" against Thugs/Criminals as the FACE of your Movement. Nobody is going to take you seriously with that man, you guys just sound like a bunch of Nut Jobs. If you want to really get people on board, post some stories of Black people who are NOT thugs and criminals...who randomly are fvcked up by the Police and the Court for NO REASON. Post that, march on that, be outraged at that...then you will have the general population giving a damn.

But I doubt that you can do that, because it's the continual criminal lifestyle of Thugs and Criminals that are leading to them eventually being over-policed, over-charged and over-sentenced. And this is just NOT a conversation that Pro Black Liberals want to have, once you start having THIS conversation all they call you is a Coon and Uncle Tom (personal attack throwing) to deflect from the REAL conversation we ought to be having. There would be no Michael Slager shooting if Walter Scott wouldn't have been resisting arrest and running from the cops, but there's NO conversation on that from Pro Black Liberals. He also wouldn't have had warrants if he paid his child support, but there's NO conversation on that from Pro Black Liberals.

It comes back to the bigger argument, of is there really a White Man holding back and trying to keep back black people? Or are the black people that are "down and out", down and out as a result of their own CONTINUAL, DUMB, STUPID decisions?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Jaylan, you make good points and like I said, we are going to have to wait until ALL OF THE EVIDENCE comes out on this to truly determine what should happen to the Cop.

But I still don't understand Jaylan, why you Pro Blacks always pick cases of Thugs and Criminals having potential "injustices" done against them by the Police and the Courts, and using those Thugs as the Face of your Movement.

Jaylan, let's say your Movement has merit, you aren't going to get any traction from it until the general population gets on board and helps FUND it. Jaylan no matter if the Thug/Criminal was actually over policed, over charged, and over sentenced, NOBODY from the general population is going to fight for "justice" for a Thug/Criminal.

The General Population gets turned the fvck OFF from giving a damn when they find out the guy "wronged" by the Police and the Courts has a history of doing continual, dumb, stupid, criminal activity. Whether the guy THIS TIME actually got a bad deal from the "system" or not, nobody will give a damn because he's a repeated Criminal.

The only people I see fighting for Thugs/Criminals are black people like you, who believe in this institutionalized racism and white supremacy ploy, and using the "injustice" against Thugs/Criminals as the FACE of your Movement. Nobody is going to take you seriously with that man, you guys just sound like a bunch of Nut Jobs. If you want to really get people on board, post some stories of Black people who are NOT thugs and criminals...who randomly are fvcked up by the Police and the Court for NO REASON. Post that, march on that, be outraged at that...then you will have the general population giving a damn.

But I doubt that you can do that, because it's the continual criminal lifestyle of Thugs and Criminals that are leading to them eventually being over-policed, over-charged and over-sentenced. And this is just NOT a conversation that Pro Black Liberals want to have, once you start having THIS conversation all they call you is a Coon and Uncle Tom.

It comes back to the bigger argument, of is there really a White Man holding back and trying to keep back black people? Or are the black people that are "down and out", down and out as a result of their own CONTINUAL, DUMB, STUPID decisions?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tenacity again.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Jaylan said:

Jaylan you are correct about getting shocked with electricity, there is some recovery time needed for sure... But when you get Tazed, there isn't always. Its some of the worse pain of your life for 5 seconds, but then it's over as quick as it came. At least in most cases, and in mine.

I have been shocked on 220V back when I was a video arcade technician. I have also been Tazed during my training. The two are quite different and I don't wish to do either one again. After I got Tazed I actually felt pretty good, like all of my muscles had been stretched and released. But I would have ate dog crap off the floor right then and there VS going through another 5 seconds of that again.

You are right evidence tampering is really bad. Another thing too, what would the officer have done to the people recording the shooting if he had known they were recording him? Would he have fired at them and then tried to make up some goon babble BS story about how they interfered? Possibly.... He seems like that kind... But we will never know for sure.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^I was highly surprised he never saw that Santana guy recording. Im amazed that in 2015 some people still dont realize that anything you do in public around other people has a good chance of being recorded visually or at least through audio.

And Santana wasnt very far away...but Slager just casually went and did everything he did as if he was in a darkened alley. Its broad daylight in the middle of a park and he nonchalantly planted evidence. I just dont get how people get caught up in bad situations in this information technology age of ours.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
^I was highly surprised he never saw that Santana guy recording. Im amazed that in 2015 some people still dont realize that anything you do in public around other people has a good chance of being recorded visually or at least through audio.

And Santana wasnt very far away...but Slager just casually went and did everything he did as if he was in a darkened alley. Its broad daylight in the middle of a park and he nonchalantly planted evidence. I just dont get how people get caught up in bad situations in this information technology age of ours.
You make a lot of assumptions and state them as facts. Maybe Slager did see the guy recording. Slager appeared to look towards the camera. If I was going to make an assumption, Slager probably believed he was justified in shooting Scott. Why don't we just make assumptions like Scott was so desperate to get away he was trying to get the taser and was going for the officer's gun next.