South Carolina officer charged with murder after shooting man in the back

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This news report shows the dash cam video gap-remains-in-video-record-of-fatal-sc-police-shooting of a routine and benign stop, then Scott takes off running. When it all comes out, I can see this possibly ending up manslaughter if it weren't so politically charged. 1.The officer was acting in the line of duty. 2.It's possible that since Scott was fighting the Officer he would be considered a fleeing felon. 3.If the Officer believed Scott had his taser at the time he started shooting it could be considered manslaughter at most.

What really hurts Slager I think is he kept shooting after Scott was some distance running away with his back turned to him. Moving the taser doesn't help him either.

Slager at the least miscalculated and acted recklessly or worse, but Scott's actions were also very stupid and suspicious.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
This news report shows the dash cam video gap-remains-in-video-record-of-fatal-sc-police-shooting of a routine and benign stop, then Scott takes off running. When it all comes out, I can see this possibly ending up manslaughter if it weren't so politically charged. 1.The officer was acting in the line of duty. 2.It's possible that since Scott was fighting the Officer he would be considered a fleeing felon. 3.If the Officer believed Scott had his taser at the time he started shooting it could be considered manslaughter at most.

What really hurts Slager I think is he kept shooting after Scott was some distance running away with his back turned to him. Moving the taser doesn't help him either.

Slager at the least miscalculated and acted recklessly or worse, but Scott's actions were also very stupid and suspicious.
Truly unbelievable. All of this because the guy simply could not obey the law. It also seems there is something sketchy going on with that car. Now, I'm not condoning what Slager did, he obviously killed the guy when he didn't have do, and he'll reap whatever it is he sowed. But DAMN, it's truly unbelievable that some groups of people CANNOT function in a civilized society. I'd be willing to bet after dealing with lowlife scum for over a decade, Slager let his emotions and built-up anger get the better of him in that heated situation.

That's what people don't realize, they only see the big 'breaking point'. Parasites leech away at you for so long, itching and clawing slowly, and when you retaliate with all that built-up frustration, suddenly YOU are the bad guy. All people remember is that one big moment, that one retaliation, and the whole argument becomes about that. Take for example Nazi Germany, the Jews committed crime after crime after crime over there, nobody mentions it. Then suddenly people get tired of it, and Hitler puts some wacko in charge of dealing with that problem, and BOOM.....you have a scenario so bad that many refer to him as the anti-Christ. Does anyone ever stop to think about WHY the Germans got so mad over the years? Again, the Holocaust was the devil himself at work, no denying that, but an examination into this phenomena needs to be made. I know, I know, too real for most posters here. Wow Just Wow and stuff.

Back on topic, what happens when those people are the majority of society? Wild Wild West, literally, as in the whole freaking United States. And yeah, poople will say, "It could be so much worse", well no sh*t, we'd like to keep it from becoming that way. It's as if all these liberals and protesters WANT to live in an animalistic and feral society. I really can't comprehend it. There won't even be a 'society' anymore.

I sincerely hope that one day, 100 years from now, race really isn't a factor and we can all integrate peacefully like the liberals SAY they want, because there's obviously no going back to segregation, in any country really. But I'm betting on a racial war or a class war before that happens, because it isn't about peaceful integration, that's just what they tell their idiotic foot soldiers. It's about FINANCIAL ADVANTAGE. Remember that sh*t.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta say, I'm really getting sick and tired of all the racist talk and redhoric from both sides.

I mean, can black people in general just admit that fighting a police officer over his taser generally isn't gonna end well? I'm not saying he deserved to be shot but i mean, let's be honest. Come on man WTF where you thinking.

Can white people, again, general agree that damn, you probably got a better chance of getting pulled over, harassed, gotten the **** beat out of you, given a harsher prison sentence if you get caught doing something that someone of a difference race is, and a better chance to be killed if you are black

I hate that when somehting like this happens, first of all I hate that this happens period. Everyone here deals with the police and worrying about damn I hope this dude isn't crazy lol, isn't something that I want going through my mind when I get pulled over. But the first thing that happens when something like this happens is, in general, white people start looking for dirt on the guy who got beat up / killed. Black people start coming together and chanting blacklivesmatter WTF is that anyway

Then I look at my son, who is mixed, WTF is he supposed to think rotfl? which part of him is supposed to feel what lol?

It's like people in general have lost the ability for rational thinking

Then when **** like this happens the same old talking points come out. "well if YOU GUYS stopped committing crimes..." MY record is cleaner than a hospital floor lol, who the hell are YOU GUYS you referring to?

Then the black community comes out with the protests and ****, if you really want to protest some **** take your ass down to the hood and pass out books and **** lol. Teach people how to respect the police, not bum rush them and fight them and try to steal their tasers lol. WTF rotfl. The only real case I really really feel bad for is Tamir Rice. THAT was ****ed up. I could see my son sitting outside wal mart playing with a toy gun like that.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room that white people (in general) do not understand and black people will not say is that black people are basically trained, taught to hate cops. This **** is learned behavior to most people. "man **** the police". I mean I don't love cops but they ain't never did **** to me.

I mean at the end of the day this **** is not a talking point to me, I'm black. I don't get to come online and talk about black people issues then cut off my computer and be white lol. I got to live with the ****. It took years of hard work, professional help, years in the gym and lexapro lol to get my self esteem where it is now. Everywhere you go you here how you ain't ****, you ain't never go be ****, You're too white for black people and you're too black for white people. "Oh but you're not like them". Well that's great because I'm not like you either lol so who the **** am I like lol?

I mean, there's much more interesting **** we could be talking about. It's like everything everyone wants to talk about these days is race. Race this, race that. Black people this, white people that. I've been around enough white people in my life, my best friend in my childhood was white, I went to pretty much an all white school, my wife is white, and I've been around enough black people by being black lol, having a black family and black friends, dating black women to know that honestly... there really isn't much difference. not really. I mean, there are differences. We pretty much eat the same ****. We pretty much watch the same ****. We shop at the same stores. We use the same banks. I go to my wife's parents house and visit and her family get togethers are no different, outside of the food served, as mine back home are. Are there differences? Sure. I mean, I don't eat it all the time but I like **** like sweet potatoes and hot water cornbread. But I mean it's not like I got Aunt Jamama in the kitchen cooking that **** everyday lol for the most part I'm gonna eat pretty much what your avg 31 year old american male is gonna eat. The biggest difference between my wife and I is the fact that she's country as **** lol and I'm a city boy. I never shot a gun in my life til she showed me how. **** I still really can't. I'm afraid of rats and mice and ****. She's pretty ****ing messy and loud lol and likes to walk around outside with no shoes and **** on and **** like that but i mean, there are no real differences.

The real differences between people come really not even when you're talking about socioeconomically but people who were raised right and people who weren't. I had a family that made me study and **** so I studied and I learned **** and I act like a well adjusted american adult. The people that are getting gangraped by batons on iphone cameras and **** like that, generally are not.

I just really wish this wasn't such a big deal, I'm getting tired of it. It really isn't all that much out here. not like it is online / in the south.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Sam,

As I am sure you know, in South Africa you can't ride anywhere in public if you are white because you'll get a knife to the back.

That is one of the most anti-white racist countries on the planet, but those little facts are ignored by the liberal narrative.

I've been to Johannesburg and Durban and you DO NOT go out unless you are in a large group, otherwise it's a mugging and stabbing time.
Funny enough when they tried to mug my brother a few years back he got stabbed in the back 3 - 4 times.

And I saw someone get stabbed by a bottle a few weeks back in the neck/face.

But yeah I think both of those stabbing could have been prevented with a little bit of vigilance.

Although I think the danger part of your post is exaggerated, I won't even bother to defend this country because I hate it with a passion.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Sam,

I hope your brother ended up ok.

I really do not think I am exaggerating (by ride in public I mean any of the transportation).

I have coworkers down there and one was mugged on one of the weeks I was visiting. Sure he should have waited for the group before going out, but he should not have to be vigilant, and if police are truly allowed to do their job, it puts an end to that $hit.

Another coworker of mine was telling me how some of the thugs will throw meat to your dog with poison in it, so they can then cut through the fence to rob your place.

There is a reason there are so many gated communities there.

Slide next door to Mugabe and that man is even more racist than Barry or Holder. He openly says "I don't want to see a white face", and crickets from the media.
Your perception of South Africa is pretty accurate.

I just think the brutality of police in America is unacceptable. It seems unnecessary escalation of force is the preferred method of dealing with uncooperative people there. I also think the American police have way to much power over people.

I do appreciate that the American police actually do there jobs though. Here in South Africa they are absolutely useless and corrupt.

I'd still prefer to live in America though where I can go for a walk and not have to look over my shoulder.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, help me understand this shyt.

- Cop pulls guy over for a tail-light issue.

- Cop gets his info (which most of it he didn't have), goes back to the car.

- The guy gets the fvck OUT of the car and runs.

STOP

The law allows a cop, when a person is resisting arrest by running away, to SHOOT the person if the cop feels that the person is either a danger to the cop...or a danger to society.

I have read comments across the Internet that are saying that the Cop should have chased the guy down because the guy was old, but where is that in the law?

Walter Scott didn't have most of the information you are supposed to have when being pulled over, the guy also had some issues (from what I understand) with prior child support payments which means he might had a warrant on him.

How would the cop NOT justify that this guy just UP and fvcking running like that is not a potential danger to society? Let's say Walter Scott runs and gets away, then what?

I mean I really am so sick and tired, as a black man, of everytime a black person does something completely and utterly fvcking STUPID...black people get up and start marching over it. Now here we go again, marching over a thug/criminal.

What is up with this shyt? You do not, ever, run from the police. It's up to the Officer to determine if the guy is a threat or not, and if you are resisting arrest they just might think you are a threat. DF was the guy running for?

Do I think he deserved to die? Honestly, I don't know. Again, WTF was he running for? Let's say he got away, could he have went on and committed a crime that day against an innocent person? I mean anybody that would run from the Cops (who he knows has a gun on them) has to be pretty damn unstable in the head. I don't get why this is news. Looks like a bad episode of Cops to be honest with you.

The cop won't be guilty of shyt, the only reason he was charged with anything was because it made National News. Just another ratings ploy by the Media, you know every year now it seems we need a new "White Person Kills Sweet, Innocent, Holy Black Man" situation.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Plus I have to add something here that guys here and others across the internet are missing. You guys are comparing this case to a SELF DEFENSE CASE, and the two are not comparable.

The Cop is the LAW and Walter is resisting arrest by running away. Self Defense and "a person fleeing from you" is totally irrelevant here. When you are resisting arrest by running then it becomes up to the Cop's personal discretion on how they will handle it, such as to:

- Tase you

- Chase you and beat you

- Get in the car and run you over

- Shoot you

I think that needs to be made clear here, I have no idea why people are talking about "Self Defense"....DF does that have to do with someone running from a Police Officer?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity,

Tennessee v Garner is why cops cant shoot fleeing suspects who pose no danger to anyone else. The Supreme Court made that clear years ago. Slager has really no way to prove Scott was a threat...especially after Slager lied on his police report and planted evidence.

Im pretty sure a slowly hobbling unarmed 50 yr old man poses no threat to anyone when he's in an empty park. That's why are legal analyst discussing the matter has said Slager is going down. Even right wing blogs and websites and forums for law enforcement have had most people calling it a bad shoot, a dumb move, and how Slager has no chance of escaping prison.

Like others have said, I think there's high chance he commits suicide before seeing a long prison sentence.
--------------------------------------
Manboobz, stop being an idiot that compares civilian actions to police officers who are held to a higher standard. You must think very lowly of LEOs if you feel they deserve direct comparisons to common criminals. Sad.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Tenacity,

Tennessee v Garner is why cops cant shoot fleeing suspects who pose no danger to anyone else. The Supreme Court made that clear years ago. Slager has really no way to prove Scott was a threat...especially after Slager lied on his police report and planted evidence.

Im pretty sure a slowly hobbling unarmed 50 yr old man poses no threat to anyone when he's in an empty park. That's why are legal analyst discussing the matter has said Slager is going down. Even right wing blogs and websites and forums for law enforcement have had most people calling it a bad shoot, a dumb move, and how Slager has no chance of escaping prison.

Like others have said, I think there's high chance he commits suicide before seeing a long prison sentence.
--------------------------------------
Manboobz, stop being an idiot that compares civilian actions to police officers who are held to a higher standard. You must think very lowly of LEOs if you feel they deserve direct comparisons to common criminals. Sad.

I don't know, the concept of "posing a threat" is a very "subjective" term and can be argued a multitude of ways, just like it can be argued against in a multitude of ways (such as using your he's just an old man excuse).

You have two forces at play in every one of these "situations". You have an out of control black community full of criminal, irresponsible and flat out STUPID behavioral choices. And then you have Cops who are somewhat afraid of these types of people to begin with, going above and beyond to detain their dumb a.sses when they are doing dumb shyt like FLEEING from the cop.

I am willing to bet nothing happens to the Cop though. He will lose his job for sure, but I'm willing to bet he gets off. I mean this whole concept of defending "criminals" is just disgusting to me. The media picks these cases because they know it will have people talking and bring ratings.

Like I said, they need a new one every year.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I repeat, Tennessee v Garner has made this all clear. And the video tape makes it clear that Scott was not a threat to anyone. A slow unarmed older man in an empty park is not an imminent threat to anyone.

No jury is going to buy that he was...especially when Slager felt the need to lie and falsify evidence to make his story. Slager was not in fear of any harm. He calmly and with calculation shot a hobbling man in the back several times. I repeat, no jury is going to buy his story.

2nd degree murder conviction with life in prison at worst. 1st degree manslaughter with 15 years minimum sentence at best.

PS - The American court system will never allow a court case to set the precedent that unarmed citizens posing no threat can be gunned down from behind. The American people would never allow that. The United States isnt North Korea.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
I repeat, Tennessee v Garner has made this all clear. And the video tape makes it clear that Scott was not a threat to anyone. A slow unarmed older man in an empty park is not an imminent threat to anyone.

No jury is going to buy that he was...especially when Slager felt the need to lie and falsify evidence to make his story. Slager was not in fear of any harm. He calmly and with calculation shot a hobbling man in the back several times. I repeat, no jury is going to buy his story.

2nd degree murder conviction with life in prison at worst. 1st degree manslaughter with 15 years minimum sentence at best.

PS - The American court system will never allow a court case to set the precedent that unarmed citizens posing no threat can be gunned down from behind. The American people would never allow that. The United States isnt North Korea.
We will see. The detaining of the man fleeing was excessive, that I totally agree with, but again....I bet at the end of the day the cop will be let go. Understand that there's portions of the entire incident that are missing.

- We have the beginning of it where the guy takes off running.

- We have the ending of it which starts out with Walter very close to the Cop, then he takes off running again before he's shot. What was he doing so close to him? Were they wrestling?

There's pieces to the story that are missing, just like we didn't know at first that the guy got up and ran out of the car. It might be a video released that shows that Walter was wrestling with the cop to try and take his weapon, and once he couldn't retrieve the weapon, he runs again which then prompts the cop to shoot him.

Again, I don't know. What I do know is the following:

- You Pro Blacks need to call out irresponsible and criminal behavior of blacks ONE OF THESE DAYS. Damn, maybe your Movement would have more credibility if you actually admitted the DUMB DECISIONS THAT THESE guys are making.

- The Cops are continuing to over detain these people due to being scared of them for one, and honestly I think downright just not liking them to begin with.

- If you are black on this forum and reading this, if the Cops fvcking pull you over, sit your A.SS in the car and be as professional as possible with dealing with the Cops. No back talk, no running, no fighting, no SHYT. If you have an issue with the Cop you can get his badge information and report him LATER, you aren't going to beat the Cop at the scene so don't try it.

- Can we hold the Media to it's bullshyt? Why is this story news? It's clearly their narrative agenda that's being used to increase ratings.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Your shtick is tired. My position has nothing to do with race. The cop could be Asian and Scott could be white and I would say the same thing. Based on the law Slager has no real chance to escape prison. There's enough tape to put him behind bars. We have a sosuaver here who works in the legal field I believe, and he's said the same thing.

And you forget, that aside from the video, Feidin Santana saw the whole thing before and after the videos. The cop is a proven liar and there's an eyewitness now that blow holes in his entire story. All that speculation you just made Tenacity, goes out the window with the video and the eye witness. And PDs dont normally fire someone on the spot if they feel they acted lawfully or may be able to beat a case.

PS - There are people who've died in the last year that were killed by police while committing no crime. And those cops walk free. Ive discussed several of the victims in this thread. Some black, white, and hispanic.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan,

Maybe I missed some of your other comments, if I did I will acknowledge my error in that context. But you know that you take a stance of "White Supremacy is out to get us" and I just don't jive with that line of thinking.

That line of thinking gives black people who continue to make irresponsible decisions an excuse.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The witness that recorded the shooting, who is no friend of the police per his other statements, has said officer Slager and Scott were on the ground and tussling seconds before his video starts.

Tennessee v Garner states:
"when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless "the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others"

Well according to that, Slager was justified to shoot fleeing Scott. Scott is fighting the officer and the officer believes Scott has his taser and continues to flee. Despite Scott is fleeing it is probable Scott poses a threat of causing the officer serious physical injury. Jaylan has a history of citing S.C. cases and either not understanding what it said or just lying.

The only reason this officer is being charged with murder and so quickly is politics, ie. the officer is white and the suspect is black. Now, I don't think the officer should've kept shooting as Scott continued to flee, but in light of Scott's actions I don't agree the officer should be charged with murder or maybe any crime at all.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Right, we don't know ALL OF THE FACTS OF THE CASE yet so I think everybody (especially you Jaylan) need to just calm down before trying to claim the Cop is 100% guilty and going to fry.

Again, at the beginning all we knew was some black guy was running from the Cop and got shot. Then we later found out the guy literally hopped out of the car during bring pulled over and starting running that started the entire situation.

Now we are seeing more pictures and information in relation to the Taser, my question stands, when you look at the video of Walter running before he gets shot, at the very beginning Walter and the Cop are very close. Very close. It's like they are wrestling or doing something, then Walter takes off running once again and that's when he gets shot down in the back. What were they doing so close? Were they wrestling? Did the cop get hit by his own taser? Was Walter trying to grab his gun? People on the internet are saying that the Cop could have just wrestled with the "old man" and took him to the ground, well, maybe he was trying to do that but Walter got the best of him? Again, what were they doing so close before Walter takes off running again?

Furthermore what Stagger Lee just posted is key here:

Tennessee v Garner states:
"when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless "the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others"
This is what I was saying in relation to it being a subjective issue at this point, as to if Walter was a "threat" or not. You can't just say, "Well, he was a 50 year old guy that couldn't run that good, so he's not a threat!" That's an insane thing to say, there are 60 year old men who go on killing sprees sir, and when you have a man that's RUNNING from the Cop like this....over something at worse to be just jail time (not prison time), you have to ask yourself is the guy all there in his head or has he flipped out? If he's flipped out, and he gets away, how can you say he's not a threat to innocent people? Me personally (again, this is just me), I think ANYBODY that resists arrest by literally running from the Cops is a THREAT to not just the Cop but Society because, that person knows that a chase will result which puts every single person around that area (where the chase is going on) in danger of being hurt in some fashion. That's my personal opinion though.

As I keep saying, in the end, The Cop is going to get off. There's more to this than we know, and the only reason The Cop was charged with anything was because the shyt made National News. If this wasn't on National News The Cop would still be out on his duty today.

The RUSH to judgment by Pro Blacks and Liberals, always in defense of some stupid a.ss criminal, is mind-blowing. I would just be GLAD if one day Pro Blacks and Liberals would get this pissed off when Ray Ray and Little Man Man shoot up an innocent old lady, innocent children, and other innocent black people who literally are minding their own business.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
Well..............um......if THESE people had been black, I believe ALL of them would've been shot.
Me too.

I want to say even if Scott did tase Ofc Slager but then ran away I'm not sure it would constitute a good shooting but it adds another dimension to the shooting that isn't being reported on.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
Well..............um......if THESE people had been black, I believe ALL of them would've been shot. Only one died here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3Kpr6isXc
I don't believe that. If they were black, I wouldn't assume any more of them would've been shot. Blacks brawl and riot with police often times and rarely are shot.