Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Some work-out Q's

Baseball05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey whats up! I just have a few questions for some of you lifting gurus out there. Well, I have pretty decent legs, but my upper body is lacking some strength. I can max squat 240, but my max bench is 125. On mondays when I have squat and bench, I do my squat first. Then when I go to bench I'm so worn out, and my numbers are real low. What are some better ways to improve my bench, while allowing to keep making my legs bigger. Or will I Just be alright if I get a real solid leg base, and do my chest and arms on the side. Also, what are your inputs on protein supplements at the age of 14, coming 15. If so name some. One thing that has helped me is water, nothing better than a good work-out sweat. So for my bench, should I just do 4x5 or something to get better, or stick with 4x8. For squat I either do 4x8 or 4x6. Thanks in advance! :woo:

AbAbber2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
Squats aren't hurting your upper body gains. More likely it's just a lack of energy, possibly from a poor diet. Work on your overall diet + make sure you get some carbs for energy before you workout (~30min before).

Baseball05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think I should just bench before I squat? Or are squats more important so I put more energy into that. Yeah, I have a good diet, just no supplements.

AbAbber2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I workout to a split routine. Upper body one day, lower body the next. But if you're gonna do em both the same day you should do squats first IMHO. How long are you spending in the gym? Perhaps by the time you get to the bench you've been lifting too long to have much energy left to work with.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Benching and squatting in the same day? In my opinion you wouldn't be able to do both at optimum efficiency.

Keep 'em seperate. Same with deadlifts.

And let's have a look at this 'good' diet, not tuna and ricecakes is it?

Baseball05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok here it is. This program is from the Varsity Football coach to use.

Monday -

Squat 4x8 (varies either 10,8,6, or 5) Lowers each week then starts over at 10

Bench 4x8 and same as above rep wise

Dumbell Rows 3x8

Straight Leg dumbell deadlift 2x10

Neck Machine 1x10 each side

Power Snatch 3x3

10x100 yard sprints(normally half jog sprint) The sprint 4x50's

Wednesday -

Power Cleans 3x3
Incline bench 3x8
Dumbell Shoulder 21's 2x
Dumbell Tricep extentions 4x8
Push Jerk 3x3
Lat Pulls 3x10

Sprints with parachute attached to back, I think 8 50's.

Thursday -

Front Squat 4x8
Alt. Dumbell Bicep curls 3x10
Bench Press using Dumbells 3x10
Calf Raises 3x15
One other exercise I can't think of, the sheet is in my locker.

Some kind of running for conditioning, probably same as Monday's

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday = Break = I'm fresh again

Each workout normally takes 35 min. but after conditioning it totals out to around 50 min.

My diet basically included for breakfast either 2 bowls of cereal, juice, and 3 glasses of water. 2 bagels with eggs inside.
Throughout the day I just drink lots of water and snacks whenever I can. Lots of penut butter. I'll usually make penut butter sandwhiches with multi-grain whole wheat bread. For dinner my mom will usually make pasta or some kind of meat. I also have one smoothie a day(homemade) with a banana, strawberries, and yogurt. What do you guys think of that. I know I might need more protein, so what could I get to do that. Keep in mind I'm 14, so it's hard to completely change my diet because my parents are mainly incharge, but I'm up for any criticism or advice you guys have. Thanks in advance. :woo:

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't like your workout or your diet - you're 14 and it seems a very big strain on your body.

There's a distinct lack of protein in your diet among other things, but since you can't really do anything about it and finish growing (18 or older) first, I'd say just stick with what you're doing and enjoy yourself.

Baseball05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just gonna stick with what I'm doing. Pretty much, eating a lot(healthy) and lifting, and drinking plenty. What are your thoughts on supplements at this age, or not worry about stuff like whey protein.

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
youre 14... you shouldnt expect to be able to bench that much. you need a couple more years of puberty to let your body mature