Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So, What're You Driving?

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drive a train.

Well technically I don't drive it, but I can predict where it will go.

I also pick up more women on the train than with my car.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
94 Lexus SC300 (Work Car)

2004 Boxster S (Play Car)

2003 BMW M5 (SUV)

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
>>>So, what do you drive, and if you use it for a pvssy magnet, what's your hookup? Is it a conversation starter, or do you find (like mine) that it often "seals the deal?" What do you think your ride says about you?<<<

I’ve got a Dodge Viper RT/10 (pearl white color for those who care about such things). As for it being a chick magnet: HA!, not at all (refer to my reply post regarding cars and picking up chicks: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=66320&highlight=cars), despite what guys like you seem to think about “wearing their balls out in public”. It doesn’t start conversations with chicks, and it doesn’t end them! Like I said before, get a car because YOU enjoy driving the thing, not to impress anyone else. What does it say about me? It says that I enjoy driving for the sake of driving, not just meditating from point A to point B. It says that I’m a little bit edgy and thrilling. It says that I’ve got a taste for nice aesthetics. It says I’m a bit more of a stand-out individual than just another guy in a Corvette (not that there’s anything wrong with Corvettes, they’re just a bit homogeneous and commonplace). I guess it probably also says that I’ve got a bunch of money that I don’t really have as well... lol!

As for said duder in the Charger “having the nads to be different”, you’ve got to be joking! Seriously. Maybe where you live, but if you go to car meets out here, there are just as many young guys showing up with their “mullet revival” rides from the seventies as their are punks wearing Gumby-pants with riced out Civics. In fact, Motor Trend did a poll of high-school aged kids and what kind of car they’d like to buy (within reason) and the largest segment of male respondents chose the “classic American muscle car”. I think you’d see a lot more twenty-somethings in American classics if guys my dad’s age weren’t dropping $100,000+ plus for the damned things at the Barrett-Jackson and whatnot.

Personally, much like the boy-racer sedans, I don’t really get what the big appeal of the muscle car is. They’re all some mild divergence from the same unexciting shoebox template, they drive like soft-turds (even the modern renditions), and they’re way too F’ing big. But I guess it all depends on exactly what particular car it is… I’d most definitely rather have a 1970’s Z28 w/ a Trans-Am (the series, not the car) IRS road race setup on it like my buddy’s got, over some riced out Civic hatchback with a fart can and a giant dragon sticker on the side… But on the other hand, given the option of a late model RX7 with a 2JZ-GTE swap and the aforementioned 1968 Charger… well… you can keep the antique. Truth be told, the best place for that “good ol’’ Chevy small bock OR that high specific output Honda four-pot is (still) in a British chassis anyway. Carroll Shelby and Colin Chapman are still right to this day. :)

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cactus3178
Daily driver:

1991 VW Jetta, White, slammed to the bumpstops on 17" silver Focals, 2.0 liter 16v conversion (originally 1.8l 16v) with a Weber Turbo, Techtonics custom DP, Dynomax exhaust, Pioneer in dash DVD w/ 7" screen & navigation, blah, blah, blah.

For mud/snow:

1997 Dodge Ram, V10, bone stock in every possible way. I had to custom order rubber floors....it actually cost more than the f*cking carpetting.

For hauling sh*t around:

1994 Ford F-150, bone stock as well. Not even a tape player in it...just AM/FM :)

For stump jumping:

1990 VW Fox, too many mods to even begin listing. It's beat up as hell, but fun for trashing on.

Way to conserve the environment. Having a nice car is cool, but FOUR cars? Jesus. :rolleyes:

jaybeezi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
Way to conserve the environment. Having a nice car is cool, but FOUR cars? Jesus. :rolleyes:
Somehow I doubt he's driving them all at the same time...

I drive an 88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (original suv, wood paneling)
oh yeah ;)

I'm about to buy a 68 Dodge Dart, hopefully, and put a 440 in it.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Archaxis
I’ve got a Dodge Viper RT/10 (pearl white color for those who care about such things).
Very nice choice Archaxis. I'm lovin' the '05.

As said earlier, I drive a Nissan 350z right now but I do think in a few years I'm gonna sell it and upgrade to the Viper after seeing their new line.

You are absolutely right about needing more than just the car to get a girl but have you actually used your vehicle in a way to get a # yet?

Examples:
1) Asking a girl at a red light?
2) Offering a girl a ride?

I haven't had my car long so I haven't used either yet but I do intend to shortly.

Within the month I think it has certainly helped me get into the pants of some of my dates earlier than I should have.

a4k822

Don Juan
Reaction score
MotoXXX - what kind of lift? wheels? tires?

Lemme guess, superlift, eagle, bfgoodrich.....hope this aint true

MotoXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
the lift is Fabtech, the wheels are the new "Ion 138's", and the tires are Goodyear Wrangler MTR's.

I wasnt tryin to say that having nice rides "will get you laid", I merely meant that, having a nice ride is like taking care of your body. Women will notice little things like that. Lets say you are at a stoplight and you see a hot chick, you try to start a conversation with her. In fact lets throw a twist into this, she has a car load of her hot friends with her, you try to talk to her......
1. you are in a P.O.S. car......looks like crap, sounds like crap, you are embarrased to drive it......she will most likely laugh at you and drive away.
2. you are in a sweet ride....everyone notices your ride.....you enjoy driving you vehicle......you are gonna be on your way to lunch with her and her friends.
these are my guesses

but in response to "drive what makes you feel good, drive what you want to drive for you not someone else", I agree 110%. all of my vehicles I love to drive. Because they are what I want, not what someone thinks I should be driving.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
But you know what? That's the best part of being an American. I can have 100 f*cking cars if I want to.

Look a little farther up the page at Backbreaker's post. He's got 2 cars and an SUV. I've got two trucks and two cars.....trucks have a purpose, as do cars. You can't haul sh*t around with a car.

BTW, I had to work my ass off for my stuff and there's no reason why I shouldn't have it.

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Delta
2000 hyundai accent... hatchback baby....

oh yeah...

you know....

alas, i only recently discovered that despising status symbols and 'keepin it real' is shear death to the women.

oh well.... live under my means and come on strong in the next decade.....

delta
Same make, only 2002 and 4 door. :) Being a student it's a fairly cheap car with great gas mileage. However, I did invested a few thousand in a new stereo... all that's in my trunk is one massive sub.

But like some other guy said, if the girl is more into your car than you, forget about her.

Tweek_1984

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Miami blue 205 Gti

Thinking about selling it in the summer and egtting something more reliable. Fun to drive though. :)

JPR

Don Juan
Reaction score
'03 Jeep Wrangler
Lifted, some nice big mud tires, winch lot's of custom add-ons to the tune of ~$6Gs

It's tastefuly done, not just some redneck mud truck and I get a lot of people to turn and look at it at the stop light. Oh btw it's not a show truck, I do go off-road in it
:)

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why people spend like 30000 pumping up their crappy Honda Civic when they could wait a little bit and buy a GOOD car, like a BMW.

I've never seen honda civics as status symbols. Plus, they just aren't attractive cars.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ranger

hey,

I drive a '99 Ford Ranger--Sport........

Not to neat.....

until

I tell the ladies that I bought a new..

For cash.....No car payments here.

That gets their fvcking attention, real quick......

Sometimes (for a added kicker) I mention my stock brokerage account with TDwaterhouse.

Money talks and bull sh*t walks.

cave dweller

a4k822

Don Juan
Reaction score
motoxxx...I wasnt talking sh!t or anything.

I was just trying to say that I hope you didnt go cheap on the lift and wheel set-up. I hate when people do that. If you gotta drive it all the time, you might as well go all out, you know?