Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So Stephen A. Smith gets suspended from ESPN for saying women shouldn't hit men

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
20+ years old at that.

I don't think it's stupid to return a slap. I certainly don't think it's stupid given that it was 20+ years ago either.

I DO think it's stupid to essentially punish a man for returning the favor as it is implicit approval of assault on men.
Im with zekko on this. Men and women are not physically equal, thus a man shouldnt strike a woman unless shes a great threat to him.

Also, like I said, whats stupid is that Kellerman brings up that slap fight he and his wife at a bad time. He brought it up at a time that ESPN is trying to prevent themselves from being viewed in the same light as the NFL. A smart man wouldnt open his big mouth, and throw himself and his company over flames after what happened with the NFL. And especially not after what happened with Stephen A Smith.

So I stand by what I said. The man was suspended for bringing bad PR, not as direct punishment for bad behavior 20 years ago.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Im with zekko on this. Men and women are not physically equal, thus a man shouldnt strike a woman unless shes a great threat to him.
Seriously? Are you really claiming that men do not have any right to self-defense against any physical threat short of gross bodily harm, as long as the assailant is female?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chronocidal said:
Seriously? Are you really claiming that men do not have any right to self-defense against any physical threat short of gross bodily harm, as long as the assailant is female?
A woman slaps you...self defense is restraining her if she tries it again. Its not necessary to strike her. Most woman are no more threat to me than a child or pre-teen is. If that bothers you, you need to get over it. I personally dont feel the need to really hit a woman unless I am in real danger. A woman (like a child) will generally never be the physical threat a man can be without weaponry.

And if Im dating a woman that decides to slap or hit me in any way, I simply dump her. There's no need for the added drama of me hitting her. I just leave the area, and shove the b!tch out of my house. Simple. Maybe some guys are weaker and smaller and needed to strike women to get them under control....but at a slim but muscular build of 5'9 175 lbs, Ive never dealt with a woman whos been anywhere close to someone I couldnt handle physically.

Now, if the woman is a big strong lady whos a legit challenge for me, than maybe she will get dealt some form of damage. But most women arent that.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
A woman slaps you...self defense is restraining her if she tries it again. Its not necessary to strike her. Most woman are no more threat to me than a child or pre-teen is.

If that bothers you, you need to get over it. I personally dont feel the need to really hit a woman unless I am in real danger. A woman (like a child) will generally never be the physical threat a man can be without weaponry.
I need not "get over" anything, thank you very much. Though I disagree with your viewpoint, there's a far more important matter involved; there's a BIG difference between "I personally don't feel the need..." and "A man shouldn't...", especially when the latter is enforced with the de-facto legitimized-violence of law-enforcement.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
But They're Equal

Jaylan said:
A woman slaps you...self defense is restraining her if she tries it again. Its not necessary to strike her.
Yes it because she's trying to cause me seriously harm. If a women are equal, and they're equal enough hit a man, then they're equal enough to get their f*cking jaw broken.

Jaylan said:
Most woman are no more threat to me than a child or pre-teen is. If that bothers you, you need to get over it. I personally dont feel the need to really hit a woman unless I am in real danger. A woman (like a child) will generally never be the physical threat a man can be without weaponry.
Unfortunately Jaylan this mindset that you is going to lead to numerous amounts women being seriously injured or possibly killed. In today's society, women are considered equal and they demand equal. We as men can't allow them to cherry pick when and where they decide upon when to exercise this equality or when to resume traditional gender roles. Either their equal or they're emotional and irrational beings that are incapable of cogent thought. You're unwillingness to hit a women and your advocacy thereof, allows women to be fully equal without accepting none of the responsibility of their actions and that's dangerous for the female gender. Women need to be held accountable for their actions and that means that shouldn't provoke or engage in violent confrontations with people who can cause them serious bodily harm or even death. If they decide to do so, then they deserve to get knocked the effed out like Janay Palmer.

http://dirtysouthmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/435x583xstl-knockout-victim.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.OhRpGAMa7n-435x411.jpg

If a b*tch is dumb enough to put her hands on ole Rex, she's going to end up looking like that or probably worse.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan sounding like a woman right now.

If a chick slaps me, she just earned her right to get slap back

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
Jaylan sounding like a woman right now.

If a chick slaps me, she just earned her right to get slap back
Do you ever offer anything other than lame character attacks when you disagree with someone? Can you not offer a concise and well thought out response like Danger and Rex provided?

Get back at me when you have something better to say then the tired ole "you sound like a woman" bullsh!t that people use here to shame men that dont hold their views.
Maximus Rex said:
Yes it because she's trying to cause me seriously harm. If a women are equal, and they're equal enough hit a man, then they're equal enough to get their f*cking jaw broken.

Unfortunately Jaylan this mindset that you is going to lead to numerous amounts women being seriously injured or possibly killed. In today's society, women are considered equal and they demand equal. We as men can't allow them to cherry pick when and where they decide upon when to exercise this equality or when to resume traditional gender roles. Either their equal or they're emotional and irrational beings that are incapable of cogent thought. You're unwillingness to hit a women and your advocacy thereof, allows women to be fully equal without accepting none of the responsibility of their actions and that's dangerous for the female gender. Women need to be held accountable for their actions and that means that shouldn't provoke or engage in violent confrontations with people who can cause them serious bodily harm or even death. If they decide to do so, then they deserve to get knocked the effed out like Janay Palmer.

http://dirtysouthmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/435x583xstl-knockout-victim.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.OhRpGAMa7n-435x411.jpg

If a b*tch is dumb enough to put her hands on ole Rex, she's going to end up looking like that or probably worse.
Actually your mindset is the one that'd lead to more women being hurt or killed. I dont believe in irrationally responded to a woman whos no real physical threat to me. I wont slug a woman in the eye, as in that pic you showed, just because she may have slapped me. A woman gets punched when shes a clear threat to me. A slap is fvking child's play. Im not worried about that.

A woman will get legitimate harm from me if shes someone who can do damage. Like I said...most people cannot do real damage without weaponry...but if they pose a real threat, then I will deal with them as the situation calls for it. I recognize that men and women are not physically equal, and I also recognize the law is not equal.

Stupid men follow the advice of hitting women and how equal things supposedly are. Stupid men get arrested and locked up.
Danger said:
I strongly believe society is better off when it is accepted that slapping someone could earn you a beat-down, regardless of size differential.

It isn't about "threat". It's about the right to not be assaulted and putting consequences back into existence again. The removal of consequences is exactly what has brought us all to this point today where women, children and even a lot of men run amok all over society while the men who hold $hit together have to stand and "take it".
Ok, and if a kid or pre-teen hits me and I strike the kid....whos gonna be in trouble with the law and seen as the bad guy by almost anyone who here's of the story?

So yes, it is about threat. The way public opinion looks at men vs women altercations is all about credible threat. It will always been that way. Im all for protecting personal space and boundaries, but Im also all for self control and a measured response. Punching a women or some youngster for slapping you is stupid.

Now if they have a weapon and pose a true threat, by all means punch away. But kicking someones ass who shows no real threat to you, is pretty dumb. If guys wanna fck up their lives by hitting women in uneven response to her behavior, by all means. I tend to date and be attracted to women under 125 lbs and under 5'7. There's no real reason for me to unleash any sort of real fury on such a small person if they merely slap me or shove me.

If they have a weapon? Sure, its clobbering time. Otherwise, a man's gotta be smart.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol this is a message board you f*cking smut monkey. Why the hell would I need to write a long drawn response paragraph when at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

I usually don't side with the other guys on here, everyone in this thread is saying the same thing, you're the only pu$$y on here talking about you would let a woman beat your ass.

At the end of the day your just a pu$$y, no real man is going to let a woman slap him and walk off. I have the strong feeling that the same man talking about he would let a woman slap him, has been slapped up by a few men.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
Lol this is a message board you f*cking smut monkey. Why the hell would I need to write a long drawn response paragraph when at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

I usually don't side with the other guys on here, everyone in this thread is saying the same thing, you're the only pu$$y on here talking about you would let a woman beat your ass.

At the end of the day your just a pu$$y, no real man is going to let a woman slap him and walk off. I have the strong feeling that the same man talking about he would let a woman slap him, has been slapped up by a few men.
Learn to fvking read you idiotic troglodyte.

Where have I said I would let a woman kick my ass? QUOTE ME ON IT. Both I and zekko have said we would not strike a woman unless we absolutely have to. My last post clearly states that I will restrain a woman unless shes a true threat to me, and that if shes a true threat, then she will get met with great force. Learn to fvking read and stop being a lazy ass troll.

And trust me, you would not call me a puzzy to my face. Stop trying to be a damn tough guy on this forum all the time trying to put others down. Read the words in the posts, and understand them from now on. And there's a big difference between letting a man or woman smack you. Nevermind the fact that dudes dont usually smack one another.

And yes, plenty of real men have been slapped by women and simply removed themselves from the situation and show smart restraint. Good luck being a real man after ending up in jail for striking a woman that merely slapped you.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman so much as spit on you, you have the right to self defense you dumb f*ck boy. You would probably say some dumb $hit like wiping the spit off and walking off.

Danger is right to the extent that you put to much faith in the law, you lost in this entire debate.

Also Fatal wouldn't have a chance to call you pu$$y to your face because based on this entire thread you wouldn't show up to give me a chance, you would call the police.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
If a woman so much as spit on you, you have the right to self defense you dumb f*ck boy. You would probably say some dumb $hit like wiping the spit off and walking off.

Danger is right to the extent that you put to much faith in the law, you lost in this entire debate.
Seems your small brain makes you incapable of reading posts word for word and understanding simple points. Btw, Im still waiting for you to quote me where I said I would let a woman kick my ass. If a woman spit at me, Id grab her and make sure she knew never to do something so stupid again in her life. Id dont need to hit some weak chick whos not a threat to me. I simply put the fear in her.

No one said a man does not have the right to self defense. What I have said is that men and women are not physically equal, thus a man should logically assess a threat, and choose the proper and measured response for it. Which means that punching a women in the face for a weak slap is not a measured and logically well thought out response to a feeble "threat".

How hard is that to fvking understand? And actually, youre the one putting faith in the law. Because if your response to a woman spitting at you or slapping you, is to knock her out, guess whos getting in trouble? Youre not Ray fvking Rice, so you dont have the privilege of fame and riches to keep you out of trouble. You WILL go to jail and have a criminal record.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone point you pulsating vagina f@ck tard is that yes women and men are not equal, that's why she should never put her hands on a man because she could get her lights put out by one male, or get a slap on the wrist from transsexuals like yourself. It's like Russian roulette, eventually it can get you killed.

I will put it in elementary terms for you, " keep your hands to yourself don't provoke men"

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
Everyone point you pulsating vagina f@ck tard is that yes women and men are not equal, that's why she should never put her hands on a man because she could get her lights put out by one male, or get a slap on the wrist from transsexuals like yourself. It's like Russian roulette, eventually it can get you killed.

I will put it in elementary terms for you, " keep your hands to yourself don't provoke men"
lolol so butthurt. Its a shame small brained losers like yourself are never able to present more mature well thought out arguments. Your point gets lost in all the flaming. You could learn from Danger, Rex, and zekko when debating this issue.
Danger said:
We are at the intersection of values and the law here.

Yes, the law protects women right now. And how will that change without a Rosa Parks moment?

Additionally, I wonder. Jaylan or Zekko, if you knew the law would not punish you, would you return slap for slap? Punch for punch?

What portion of your belief is based on your value system versus possible punishment by law?

I am thinking there are several categories of men here in how they would place themselves, even if the law allowed for them to retaliate...which would you place yourself in? And why?

• Men who would return the assault at a higher level, to keep her from thinking of doing it again (The ol', you send one of my men to the hospital and I'll send two of yours to the morgue).
  • Men who would return at assault with another assault (punch for punch).
  • Men who would restrain her.
  • Men who would remove themselves from the situation altogether.
If the woman was a credible threat to me, she would be slapped or punched. She would be struck if she was a women of a size that would require striking. But since women are typically weaker and smaller than me, I wont hit her unless I absolutely have to.

A single weak slap or weak punch wont send me into the mindset of needing to strike her. If anything Ill shake the b!tch, like Chris Rock said. And my beliefs are based on values and law. Ive been pushed very close to wanting to hit a woman before...but I think better of it. Because I know I could do loads of damage to a much weaker person, as well as fvk up my professional and personal life.

Many of us dont work in professions that are OK with criminal records.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look her Jaylan I apologize for the name calling, but you need to wake up. There is a agenda against males and an even bigger one against black males. When the revolution happens I hope we both put away our petty ways and join sides.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Your Logic is Flawed

Jaylan said:
If a woman spit at me, Id grab her and make sure she knew never to do something so stupid again in her life. Id dont need to hit some weak chick whos not a threat to me. I simply put the fear in her.
You don't let people, (man or woman slap you,) it's extremely disrespectful shows what the person thinks about you. I rather a person hit me opposed to slapping me.

I don't know you bruh, but you can't be serious dude, about letting a woman spit on you with impunity. Sh*t like that doesn't happen in a vacuum and for a woman to get the enough confidence to pull some sh*t like that, she pretty much as to know before hand that you're not going to have a violent reaction, in addition to having absolutely zero respect for you.

There's a lot things wrong with the Islamic world, but one of the things that's not wrong their society is woman know their roles. They realize that if get out of line they will get a righteous ass whoopin' or possibly killed. I'm not saying that we need to go to the extremes that Muslims go through, but all of this nonsense about not hitting a woman because she's "smaller," and "weaker," is bullh*t". Read this post I awhile back,

What Ladies Refuse to Accept and Understand About Being a Man

http://community.allhiphop.com/disc...se-to-accept-and-understand-about-being-a-man

I'm pretty big dude, (6ft, 208 lbs,) However, if for some reason, I get into an altercation with a cat that's let's say is 6' 4" and 230 lbs of solid muscle with MMA training, there's no need in me lying, I'm going to get f*cked up.

There's something as a man, that I've known and accepted for so long that I can't tell exactly when I learned it. That thing is, don't start sh*t with people, you don't run from conflict, but you definitely don't start sh*t. We as men, understand that conflicts can cost you your freedom and/or the lives of your loved ones or even yourself. Understanding this rationale, most sane individuals will avoid confrontations. However, there are times when violence comes a viable solution to a problem. If some dude is talking sh*t to me and is being disrespectful, we both understand that there might be a problem. If the other guy doesn't think there's going to be a problem, he's wrongly assumed that I'm going to b*tch out and he'll have the unfortunate experience of finding out Rex is nobody's b*tch. Men also understand that if he pushes, kicks, hits, or God forbid spit upon another man, all bets are off and a fight will ensue and every man understands this, from the wealthiest of prep boys to grimiest of hood dudes.

However, women have a different life experience. They go through life being able to pop off at the mouth and not suffering any repercussions for it. Women rarely have one-on-one fights, and chicks are more than likely to jump the next chick, or pick on a knowingly weaker opponent. Then some are mistakenly given the most hurtful and harmful advice that one could ever give a young lady. That is a man is never under any circumstances is suppose to hit a woman. Couple this with ***** made individuals that are taught the same silly advice, and makes for a bad situation. Women will go through life, talking sh*t to dudes and some of them will get as bold to actually put their hands on a man, until one day, they get the rude, savage, and violent wake up call that they're not men.

Ladies, I know it's 2012, going on 2013 and you're "independent," and you think you can do everything that a man can do, even go toe-to-toe with him, but no matter how equal you think you are, and how much of man you think my be, (shout out to the studs,) you're biologically and physically you're not. Most men are stronger and taller than you and niggas, (like myself,) that don't adhere to that asinine nonsense about never hitting a woman will proceed to beat the f*ck out of you as a matter of principle, especially if you're a dyke dude. Not saying that I would want to, but if I (God forbid,) have whoop on one of those dykes dudes when she/he/it resumed consciousness, she/he/it will realize the virtues of being a female and she will grow her hair long, buy lacy bras and panties, stockings, corsets, tight ass coochie cutter jeans, dresses, skirts, capri pants, and summer dresses.

Seriously though, ladies, y'all (for you own well being,) have to stop coming out men any kind of way, like I said earlier, men don't even do that to other men and not every dude is going to give you break. Instead of having the thought in the back of your mind, "Oh this nigga ain't gonna hit me." You need to be like most dudes and assume that he IS going to hit you. Of course ole Rex knows this is going to fall upon deaf ears because this advice actually requires the two things that women abjectly refuse to do, and that is think and be responsible.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Just because you dont strike a disrespectful female does not mean your reaction cannot be strong and possibly violent.

In my case, Ive never had to deal with a woman thinking she could hit me or slap me or dare spit at me. Women know not to try that crap with me. And if they did, my simple response is to grab the girl forcefully, and let her know what I think of her and the situation.

If you guys dont think there's a way to put fear into a woman and get respect without striking her, then you need to think again. If you grab a woman by the arm hard enough and pin her against a wall, you can pretty much make your point without striking her.

And lay off with the muslim stuff. In many Islamic societies, women dont even have basic rights or any kind of way to find help if they are struck or abused by men. So let's not even go there. You say they know their role? Hell, a Pakistani girl gets shot in the head in an assassination attempt for daring to advocate women going to school. So please leave Islamic society out of this.

Women in those communities only know their role because in that part of the world they fear being killed if they dare advocate basic rights that all people should have.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
off topic, but that Pakistani girl is a great story. The Taliban shoots her in the face for being an activist, and then she goes right back to what she was doing to get shot, saying she isn't afraid of the people who shot her. And for that the Taliban call her a "coward," which is a pretty funny use of the word. Even worse press coverage than shooting a little girl is when the little girl then ridicules you to the rest of the world :D

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
Originally Posted by Jaylan
A woman slaps you...self defense is restraining her if she tries it again. Its not necessary to strike her.

A slap is trying to cause you serious harm, really? Thing is, because men are so much stronger, and because women are structured differently, if you do hit her back you stand a good chance of breaking her jaw. Then you may end up on the hook for her medical bills, which aren't cheap these days.

Fatal Jay said:
no real man is going to let a woman slap him and walk off
So a "real man" is going to KNOCK THE BISH OUT? The way I see it, the classic alpha response of a man getting slapped IS to let her walk off. It's nothing to him, it's not like he's really hurt, or he's been put in a situation where he has to prove his manhood.

Seems like letting her walk off is a more alpha response than turning into the guy from the HOW CAN YOU SLAP? video. Seems like that guy would be seen as the much bigger pvssy.

Of course, it's not right that the woman gets off scott free. There should probably be charges pressed against her for assault. However, the problem with that is I doubt that most men would get that worked up over it, because as I've said, they don't see the woman as a credible threat.

I'm sure we've all had girls playfully punch us in the arm, as a form of flirting. They do this partly because we are big strong men in their eyes, and they know they can't hurt us. If a girl playfully punches you in the arm, is the consensus SoSuave response to turn around and knock all her teeth down her throat?

Fatal Jay said:
If a woman so much as spit on you, you have the right to self defense you dumb f*ck boy.
Unfortunately, Stephen A. Smith got suspended for saying far less than that.

Danger said:
Additionally, I wonder. Jaylan or Zekko, if you knew the law would not punish you, would you return slap for slap? Punch for punch?
No. I wouldn't feel the need. Unless there was a credible threat, but if it's a woman, that seems very unlikely. I just don't see unarmed females as credible threats. Unless maybe if they weigh 300 lbs.

Danger said:
I am thinking there are several categories of men here in how they would place themselves, even if the law allowed for them to retaliate...which would you place yourself in? And why?

•Men who would return the assault at a higher level, to keep her from thinking of doing it again (The ol', you send one of my men to the hospital and I'll send two of yours to the morgue).
•Men who would return at assault with another assault (punch for punch).
•Men who would restrain her.
•Men who would remove themselves from the situation altogether.
Put me in the last two. I've posted enough in this thread that you should be able to figure out why. I might add in avoiding putting myself in situations where this would be necessary - i.e., don't date crazy b!tches.

Danger said:
Zekko hasn't weighed in yet, but I am curious. Would you also restrain yourself if it was a man who was weaker or smaller? What I am trying to establish is if your value system is based upon gender, or size.
Good question. Thing is, men and women are built differently. So even a smaller man can be a physical threat. A lot of smaller guys are really quick with their punches. We've all seen smaller guys knock out much bigger guys.

However, I suppose if the guy was significantly smaller or weaker, I would make an effort not to hurt him. In fact, I've been in a situations where I've had to restrain a drunk, hold him down until he chilled out. In some ways, that's probably more humiliating than getting punched out.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
You're using a strawman here, because nowhere have I said an abused man is at fault.
The "a man who can't handle a woman is a pvssy" claim is express blameshifting, couldn't be a clearer example. Yes, you did lay fault on the man. Anyone can read the thread. I stand by everything else posted as your reply (ies) on this are just more of the same.