Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So Stephen A. Smith gets suspended from ESPN for saying women shouldn't hit men

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PS - Knocking a woman out is not holding back. And I stand by what I said; it's a puzzy-made move, and it's a move thats stupid and to the detriment of the male involved.
I don't think anyone is saying it was justified. It wsa a ***** move by him to do that

I'm simply stating, i probably doesn't happen if she doesn't slap him then bite him lol

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I agree the woman has no right to assault. However, there is NOTHING manly about the guy knocking her out. We all know that no matter what feminism says, women are NOT physically equal to men. That's just utter BS.

There is very little that woman could have done to hurt Ray Rice, a professional NFL frigging running back. On the other hand, him punching her could very well have killed her. You should no more punch a woman than you should punch a 10 year old child, it's basically the same thing. He could have restrained her or shoved her away, or maybe the acceptable answer should be to turn her over his knee and spank her.

I'm against the Stephen A. Smith suspension, but I in no way approve of what Rice did. And if his girlfriend assaulted him, I don't approve of that either.

Here's a link to an opinion piece on CNN, saying that Stephen A. Smith was incorrectly suspended and railroaded by the PC police. I was pleased to find this because I can't imagine such a piece being written 10 years ago. It even references the "A Voice For Men" blog. Maybe all the efforts toward raising awareness against misandry is beginning to pay off.

Here's the best quote from the link, IMO:
"What's really going on here is that one side of the debate wants to make it impermissible for the other to speak. At all."

Very true. Most of the comments about the article are encouragingly on point about this as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/31/opinion/randazza-ray-rice-fiancee/index.html?iref=allsearch
This.

And speaking of dying from one punch...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ey-teen-killed-single-punch-article-1.1885834

Its very possible for a strong person to end someones life with one well placed punch. And a freaking strong male athlete could definitely do serious harm punching a woman.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
This comes back to one of the facts I keep trying to drum into some of you. You all are playing by a set of rules that women and society hold you too, meanwhile they are fighting with no quarter. Take a guess who is going to win as long as we allow this to go on?
No, I'm playing by a set of rules that I hold myself to. If I was playing by women's or society's rules, I would agree that men and women are equal. But men and women are NOT equal physically, therefore there is little actual similarity between a woman hitting a man and a man hitting a woman.

You just told Jaylan that you didn't advise hitting her. Which is it? I agree that on a technical standpoint, maybe she DESERVES to be hit. Because she is foolishly putting herself into a physical one on one confrontation with a man, so if something happens to her she has no one to blame but herself. But I don't believe that a man in full control of his faculties should intentionally deliver a beating to her in order to prove that point. She deserves to be punished, but just what that punishment should be is up for debate. Probably it should be a matter for the courts.

I agree that a woman should not get away with assaulting a man. I don't think the answer is for the guy to knock her out. But regardless of that, a commentator should not be suspended for daring to say that a woman should not hit a man.

Michelle Beadle (another ESPN employee) started a lot of this by tweeting something like "I just learned that I can provoke my own beating". Well, yeah, of course you can provoke your own beating. Does she think she can just beat on a man at will and torture him endlessly without there ever being any danger of her being hit back?

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Its very possible for a strong person to end someones life with one well placed punch. And a freaking strong male athlete could definitely do serious harm punching a woman.
It's very possible for -any- person to end someone's life with a knife, gun, stun gun, blackjack, fork, butter knife, comb/file, pulled out of a purse, a high heel pulled off a foot, or a blunt or sharp object picked up most anywhere. The "big strong man-weak little woman" white knight cultural conditioning cliche' needs to go away yesterday.

We live in a world where anyone of any age and any size with a coffee mug or coke bottle can become a deadly assailant at any moment. It's time for gender-based distinctions in sizing up potential threats to end and other reason-based factors to begin. Lots of big strong men end up in graves, disfigured and in expensive hospitals every day due to not sizing every threat, from no matter what angle, at its maximum escalation potential.

The proper response to any physical threat is to first attempt withdrawal, back away, defuse, de-escalate. Sometimes that's not an option. Next step is to evaluate the mental condition of the assailant and ability to do harm, proximity to pick-up or other weapons. How crazed are they and what degree of self-control do they possess? Next step is to calculate the fastest way to neutralize the threat, and execute that plan in a fully committed manner. All this needs to take place in seconds. Note that none of these factors have ANYTHING to do with gender or size difference. This is how we should evaluate this situation, NOT on gender-grounds.

Let's not pretend this is news to near the same bias level if, for example, a fan spits on an athlete and gets punched. In fact, let's also not pretend that taking the gender out of this doesn't make this story hinge on lots of unknown facts. Only with gender do we make these bad, instant, knee-jerk judgments about what one "does or doesn't do to a woman." Until we stop doing that, then there is a need to call this sh-t out and react to it for what it is, pure gender-based discrimination.

http://www.menweb.org/battered/gjdvdata.htm

Famous man hits wife? national news with repercussions.
Thousands of wives hit husband every day? nothing to see here.

Go google "how many men die of domestic violence?" and most of the top links will be feminists downplaying or blameshifting male domestic violence victims or the results ignoring the "men" part and giving results for how many women die as a result of domestic violence. Eh, I used dogpile actually, YMMV. Still completely outrageous.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^last I checked, Ray Rice (a strong athletic male) did indeed punch out a woman half his size who was unarmed and posed no true threat to him. So save the long winded diatribe for someone else. Your post is better served in a situation where the woman was actually a true threat to the man involved. This situation is not one of them.

If more men reacted like Ray Rice...more men would be in jail, and more women in the hospital or dead. His reaction is not how a male should react in such a situation when faced with an unarmed woman of no great physical threat. When the woman actually has a harmful weapon or is of great size, then punching her out can be a reaction that most people would accept.

But punching out an unarmed woman whos half your size? Yeah no...stupid reaction, that like I said, will land men in jail and women in the hospital. Ive restrained women half my size before...and its not hard at all. Ive even restrained women my own size before...still not that hard.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wait until the liberal politburo elects Hillary Clinton. You think the blacks are entitled now with Obama, just wait and see what happens to women once that b*tch gets into office. And don't think it isn't happening.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
**** Out Here

speed dawg said:
Just wait until the liberal politburo elects Hillary Clinton. You think the blacks are entitled now with Obama.
Get the f*ck out of here with that angry white quasi white supremacist bullsh*t. Whenever in the history of the United States of America has the federal government given black people anything at the expense of another group, especially white people?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
Get the f*ck out of here with that angry white quasi white supremacist bullsh*t. Whenever in the history of the United States of America has the federal government given black people anything at the expense of another group, especially white people?
I know, I know. Move on whitey, nothing to see here. I'm just "angry" and a "white supremist" for calling out truths as I see them. And you turn it into emotional psychobabble, just like all good lib-tards are trained to do.

DBE programs
Affirmative Action
Change Reality videos
Hate crimes for whites, reparations for blacks (when video catches their feral gangs beating innocent whiteys)
etc etc etc

The hispanics are the ones who REALLY suffer. The blacks get all the entitlement, and they don't even deserve it.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
who was unarmed and posed no true threat to him... Your post is better served in a situation where the woman was actually a true threat to the man involved. This situation is not one of them.
You don't know that, and neither do I. As usual, you, like so many others are willing to kneejerk based on gender distinctions and superficial media coverage. You -don't know- their history. You -don't know- what she had on her. You simply -don't know-. I stand by everything in my prior post as unanswered.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
You don't know that, and neither do I. As usual, you, like so many others are willing to kneejerk based on gender distinctions and superficial media coverage. You -don't know- their history. You -don't know- what she had on her. You simply -don't know-. I stand by everything in my prior post as unanswered.
This is sort of the crux of the issue here. Women, minorities, etc. are innocent until proven guilty. Men, whites, etc. are guilty until proven innocent. At least in the eyes of the media, which influences much more than we give it credit for. Remember, people are sheep. Sheep are stupid.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rex, dont get involved with race-baiting trolls. You know guys like speeddawg love getting a conversation to fixate on race. Dont even help him direct the conversation into another society vs white guy crap. He simply wants a platform to b!tch and whine about black people and "liberals". Dont get suckered into derailing the thread and making this about white men, when this situation is about all men and women in society (and all those directly involved in the story so far have been black)
dasein said:
Youre guilty of what you accuse. There has been nothing to suggest any weapons were involved in this case or that either party had weapons. The police have explained as much as this being a domestic dispute. If weapons were involved or had the potential to be involved, the police charges and NFL suspension wouldnt have been so light. (and when it comes to weapons, the police and media aren't ones to brush that under the rug...they love a big story)

So as I said before, this situation involved a big athletic man, knocking out a smaller unarmed woman. Your earlier post is useless to this particular situation and is better served elsewhere. As I said before, if more men reacted the way Ray Rice did to an unarmed smaller woman, more men would be in jail and more woman in the hospital. Thats a fact.

Believe what you want though. I wont sit and argue this back and forth. Im with zekko on this one. Its a weak move for a man to knock out a woman like that, and I especially think so if shes unarmed. The feelings of some guys here would serve men no good....because as I said, those sort of emotions and reactions are what put men in worse situations.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the thing is, ray rice, really isn't all that bad of a guy. he's not stupid. he made good grades at rutgers. he's very well spoken. he just snapped. and hes' a big dude.

in a funny kinda not way lol, it's the exact opposite of the excel spreedsheet guy. BETA male gets passive agressive about woman not putting out, makes excel spreedsheet for her to see it.

what the **** was going on in this relationship to make the guy so mad that she slaps him, then bites him and he hauls off and beats the ever living **** out of him lol. this is not a guy who "beats his wife".

I remember one day when i was really really little one girl my dad was banging smahsed all 4 of his car windows and slashed his tires and my dad went to her house, broke the door down and pinned her against the wall. he took me with him, why i don't know. but my dad has never hit a woman before or sense. he's not a violent person. but sometimes, women can you take you there.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan,

Maybe you are an individual who tolerates if a woman punches you, scratches you or assaults you. I wouldn't. I would give her a warning to back off and remove herself from the situation. I'm not saying i would knock her out right away, but if she punches me trying to cause harm, i will not hesitate to return the offering. I'm not interested in doing the "right thing" or being "politically correct". I'm the bad guy? Too bad, so sad. So what kind of "move" would it be on her part trying to assault a man, who she knows will think twice before retaliating? Maybe you play to double standards. However, i play to a single standard. Bigger, smaller, shorter, taller. It does not matter.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
As I said before, if more men reacted the way Ray Rice did to an unarmed smaller woman, more men would be in jail and more woman in the hospital. Thats a fact.
Actually, it would happen less because women would not hit men as much because they would fear the repercussions.

Jaylan said:
Believe what you want though. I wont sit and argue this back and forth.
Of course you won't. You always tuck tail and run when you get outed.

Jaylan said:
Its a weak move for a man to knock out a woman like that, and I especially think so if shes unarmed.
See, here's what you and the liberal brigade are missing. Nobody said it wasn't a weak move. Nobody said Rice shouldn't be punished. All people (and Smith) are saying is that we should at least EXAMINE what prompted this, and try and train women to avoid this situation as well.

Reaction score
Bottom line is simple:

If I, a 5'11 medium built man, decided to attack someone like Lebron James, and he knocked me out in self defense, then am I the victim who should have been properly restrained because I am smaller and weaker?

Gender shouldn't matter, if the case being made here is about the size and strength of those involved.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly cannot fathom the mindset of some of the guys on here who think that a woman hitting a man is the equivalent to a man hitting a woman. It's nothing to do with white knights, chivalry, or liberalism, it's just pure physics.

How many of the big "alpha" men on this forum are afraid of walking down the street and getting beaten up by a woman? I know I'm not. And there's a reason for that.

No one is suggesting it is okay for a woman to attack a man. Some of us are saying punching her in the head is not a smart response. It's usually a simple matter to just restrain her.

Weapons are obviously a seperate issue and just moving the goalposts.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skip To My Marriage said:
If I, a 5'11 medium built man, decided to attack someone like Lebron James, and he knocked me out in self defense, then am I the victim who should have been properly restrained because I am smaller and weaker?

Gender shouldn't matter, if the case being made here is about the size and strength of those involved.
We've all seen smaller guys knock out bigger guys. I've never seen a woman knock out a man before though. Not saying it's never happened, but I've never seen it.

Now I don't imagine I could beat down Lebron James, but I'm a man and that makes me a dangerous muthafvcka. I would have at least the potential to do some damage. Unlike the ineffectual blows of some woman. But obviously it wouldn't be a fair fight - that's why they have weight classes in boxing and such.

A guy who thinks he should be able to beat down a woman as if she were another man is betraying himself as a pvssy - because he is saying the woman is equivalent to himself physically: "That mean little girl might huuurrt me. I'll teach her - I'll knock her out!". Pfft.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
We've all seen smaller guys knock out bigger guys. I've never seen a woman knock out a man before though. Not saying it's never happened, but I've never seen it.

Now I don't imagine I could beat down Lebron James, but I'm a man and that makes me a dangerous muthafvcka. I would have at least the potential to do some damage. Unlike the ineffectual blows of some woman. But obviously it wouldn't be a fair fight - that's why they have weight classes in boxing and such.

A guy who thinks he should be able to beat down a woman as if she were another man is betraying himself as a pvssy - because he is saying the woman is equivalent to himself physically: "That mean little girl might huuurrt me. I'll teach her - I'll knock her out!". Pfft.
This.

Some dudes are just itching for an excuse to hurt a woman physically. If they are that eager to fck their lives up, let em.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
We can pick one or the other, but this "we are equal now, except when it is detrimental to women" has no place in society any longer. The trouble are those who speak of equality out one side of their mouth, but speak special treatment out he other side.
I'm playing by my rules. I see no necessity for or glory in punching out a weaker vessel. I've been hit by men and I'm still here, no worse for the wear. I think I can handle an assault by a woman. I'd say Ray Rice made a bad choice of girlfriend if she treated him like that. And maybe he should look at his lifestyle and stay away from the alcohol if it makes him or her so violent.

Danger said:
Zekko, I highly respect you, but you are part of the problem here. A nation cannot claim to be free or equal when it allows the subjugation of an entire gender in this manner.
You say I'm the problem, but I'm not the one saying the genders are equal, society is. Saying the genders are equal is where the error lies. Society is where the blame should be, not in my reluctance to damage some girl.

Besides, I contacted ESPN and did my part to express my displeasure with Smith's suspension, and the rampart misandry in society today. Aside from yourself, is there anyone else here who can say the same?

Danger said:
If there is no punishment for her to do this, then yes by action you ARE suggesting it is ok for a woman to attack a man.
Okay, but I'm not suggesting there should be no punishment for the female for attacking a man. I think there should be. I just don't think the answer is for the guy to knock her block off. I already said probably she should answer to the courts, or maybe we should be allowed to put her over our knee when she acts up.

As Stan Lee, the creator of Spider-Man said :) "With great power, comes great responsibility". A man is more powerful than a woman, that is why he has to be more careful in how he wields that force. Just like a guy with a gun has to be more responsible in how he handles that gun, than a guy who simply has his fists. I'm sure Ray Rice is like a loaded weapon himself - that's why we saw that the woman was knocked out, and he wasn't. She should be punished, yes. It is not okay for a woman to hit a man. But a man hitting a woman will always get more attention because a man is far, far more dangerous.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Yet I get the impression "your rules" support the current state of affairs where women can hit men with impunity.
Come on now, Danger, you know very well I don't support the idea that women should be able hit men without consequences.

I think I can relate a little to Stephen A. Smith here. He says one thing to make a very reasonable point, and it get twisted around so that he gets lumped in with the misogynists.

Danger said:
Society says we are equal AND women have the right to hit men with impunity. You may only agree with the second one, but it still makes you part of the problem. Why? Because you are giving a pass to a woman because she is a woman.

And what would you find in the courts?
I don't think I agree that society thinks women have the right to hit men with impunity. The rules and laws against assault are there. I agree that society right now is too slow to enforce them. That's what I think needs to change.

IDEALLY speaking, if a female assaults me, I should find a friend in the courts. Maybe in REALITY I won't. But if we go by your point of view, IDEALLY speaking, if you knock out a woman in self defense, maybe you should get off. But in REALITY, you're probably just going to find yourself in trouble. So both our points of view are a little out of skew with the real world.

Call me part of the problem if you want, but I won't be dragging unconscious women out of an elevator in my near future. And I'm perfectly all right with that.