Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

skinnyguy.net legit?

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that some people (Oleo) posting information that has nothing to do with this thread. Indeed, the question whether or not skinnyguy.net is legit or not doesn't come up, we are all wrong anyway (hahaha) and we must listen to *x* person's wisdom(!).

Even funnier is that our results are actually fiction. We have not been gaining muscle, no, we have actually just been getting fat. Not only are we so stupid that we can't tell the difference from muscle and fat, we have been been decieving ourselves which we now can realize by *x* person's observation. This is too funny not to be commented on. "I have gained X amount of muscle" "No, you have been decieving yourself. It is all fat!" Then how can I lift heavier and heavier weights? Does fat has some super power on its own? Do the lipids join and create little bursts of power?

After 7 years he gained about 53 lbs of MUSCLE (from 135lbs), so Pook gaining 60lbs, even if it isn't all muscle, is pretty good. Pook, are you sure your scale was working well? And could you PM me a photo?
For the photo, you'll have to get in line. Lots of demand for Pookish photos.

Anthony Ellis just did his research (and did a very good job of it) of what worked and what didn't. I imagined he stayed skinny because, even though he had been working out, his body was starving for nutrition to build up the body. So when he started the Body for Life program, his body was already converted to the type II fibers. I don't think it was 7 years to get to his current size but more like a three or four.

And if you look at his posts, he says that at 190 he stopped. Why? Because it was too big for his frame. He didn't like that weight since his body frame didn't match it (he was starting to look pudgy as he was getting too big).

But the bigger you get, the more fragile you get. Who wants to stay locked inside doing the program perfectly? Have you seen AE's diet? I consider it light. Only when I'm active and socializing does my diet become more light. When I'm in the university studying and all, I have more access to my meals so they get very large (4000+ calories).

I also have a much larger skeletal frame than AE does. I'm also taller (6'3-6'4). I can put on much more muscle and it will still look good. Women still think I am 'thin' but that is more to my height and long limbs than to anything else. Nevertheless, I am 'well shaped' (as a girl recently told me).

I don't think its possible to just gain muscle. When you go up 10-30 pounds, you will gain some fat. But this fat is not very noticable and easily burns off during the fat loss portion of the program.

It probably isn't possible to gain just muscle mass in large quantities without a trace of fat. Most weight lifters go mass and then a short fat loss period.

(It's impossible for skinny guys to get 'huge' with fat [unless your diet just sucks]. Fat loss is very easy for skinny guys due to our higher metabolism. Keeping the mass is the hard part, not losing the fat.)

As for my body fat, I rely more on 'sight' then I do from that bloody caliper (could never get it to be accurate anyhow). If I'm so fat, why do I have a six pack? It's not possible to be fat and have a six pack, you must have very low body fat levels in order to see it.

You ever had that feeling where you once thought you were ok (think Nice Guy) but in actuality you were a monstrosity ("I can't believe I was a Nice Guy!"). This is the same thing.

I was skinny but didn't think much of it. Hey, I wasn't fat! Now I look at how I was and shake my head, "How stupid I was!" Being tall with very long limbs makes me wear the added muscle better than other people would. It's not like I gained a whole lot of muscle, its that I was so under-developed with muscle in the first place.

When a fat guy loses like 80 pounds of fat, it's not because he is doing something super-human. It is because he was super fat to begin with.

And when a skinny guy gains like 80 pounds of muscle, it's not because he is going beyond the body builders. It is because he was super thin to begin with. I had to gain like 20 lbs to be considered 'normal'.

My example is not extreme. Jay, a moderator on the skinnyguy.net forums, started out 6'3 110 lbs and is now around 210 lbs. When he was 110, he looked like a Holocaust survivor.

It just shows that those of us who think we were 'thin' but 'ok' aren't 'ok' at all.

Reaction score
Hey Pook:

Did you two (Oleo and yourself) ever consider THAT BOTH OF YOU ARE CORRECT ??

just as with dieting, there are many ways to add mass, some (like HST) infinetely more gimmicky than others.

However, I have to side with Pook on this argument. Nothing I have read about HST leads me to believe that is a long-run better alternative than the tried and true method of balls to the wall, heavy, compound exercise lower rep training. Especially if you are a natural athlete.

HST sounds like a great plateau buster, but not something I would personally base all my workouts on. Seeing as it's a relatively new training philosophy, the jury is still out on it. And given the passion of your argumentation, Oleo, the HST disciples adhere to their philosophy with almost as much fanaticism as the nutjobs who still believe that scientifically disproven Mentzer Heavy Duty style training is the be-all end all of the iron game.

But I will admit, that I don't like how it pretty much seems to ignore straight up strength training - it seems almost counter intuitive - how do you stimulate CONSISTENT LONG TERM growth if you are not giving the body enough OVERLOAD stimuli to grow? (i.e. because you are not going all out in your training - rather only going 80-85%) HST sounds like it will work in the short term (maybe 3-6 months) and then your gains will grind to a halt as soon as the body adapts.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HST is hardly new. It's just adaptation of classic whole body training with a little more thought given to the deconditioning element. This type of training has always proved effective and was the most common type of regime back in the day - certainly in the 50s and 60s. Certain muscle groups at least will easily recover in 48 hrs, calves and traps for example. Others will seem like they take longer and in some cases will but as stated, this is often the CNS recovering. It also depends on the state to which a muscle is trained. Have you noticed how a muscle will take much longer to recover when you haven't trained it for an extended period, but will quickly adapt when put under stress?

The Anthony Ellis approach is also effective, but again, nothing new and you CAN find the same info for free with a little research.

I actually wonder whether Ellis did have some mass and had lost it for his "before" photos, thus making any "gains" seem more dramatic than they were. But then again perhaps I am doing him a disservice.

However, it is certainly NOT a flawed approach to incorporate anecdotal evidence of whether something has worked for you, it's common sense. If the guys who have bought the Skinnyguy materials have gained from it then more power to their elbows and for them at least, it clearly works. You can't argue against results even if a routine defies conventional wisdom and individuals differ so I never place too much stock in scientific studies - and I use the term "scientific" loosely when it comes to working out.

I believe both the systems referred to will work, and most likely work for the same individual, consitency is the key. One will plateau on any routine anyway so perhaps try both methods at differing intervals? I spent years reading and looking for the optimal routine and wasting time in the process. The thing is to start lifting in a progressive way irrespective of the actual method and when gains diminish, be they in size and/or strength then try something new.

Oleo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I don't agree completely, that was a refreshingly intelligent reply.

:)

-Oleo

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook
My example is not extreme. Jay, a moderator on the skinnyguy.net forums, started out 6'3 110 lbs and is now around 210 lbs. When he was 110, he looked like a Holocaust survivor.
Not funny dude.

I'm going to start this program in early February and see what happens. The greatest appeal of skinnyguy.net is that you know that the information has worked for alot of people, whereas some random workout guide written by an anonymous person -- are you supposed to gamble months of hard work and discipline just to see if you picked the right guide?

A question for you guys on the program -- what happens after the cutting stage of the program? Do you just start into the muscle gain again?

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not on that program but Im pretty sure that the answer to your question is yes (if u wanna bulk up some more). If you just wanna keep the weight youll get away with working out/eating (also protein) less.
(I think this applies to the skinnyguy.net program as well)

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anthony Ellis was skinny

I can tell by how small his wrists are. Naturally skinny people have narrow wrists, and it's harder than hell to grow them at all.

One of the best things about Ellis' Gaining Mass book is that it explains the theory behind what is going on, so one can modify the program a bit to accommodate their lifestyle. For example, I don't eat 6 meals a day, but get the equivalent calories from whey protein isolate and carb drinks. And it works just as well. I'm now up just over 180lb. That's over 20 lb of gain for about 5 months of working out within the past 9 months. Lifting once a week. I was stuck at a plateau of 160 lb for about 3 years using "conventional" weight training regimens.

What made the most difference were 2 things:

1) Training with very heavy weights (1-4 rep max range), and

2) Allowing the body to fully recover, i.e., lifting no more than 1 time per week for a given body part. Actually, to absolutely ensure I'm not overtraining, I do a full-body weight workout only once a week. Training any one part of the body will generally affect the other parts. For example, to lift the weight to do squats, you have to use your arms, unless you're using a machine.

The_Shnitz

Don Juan
Reaction score
i AM 5'9 AND WEIGH 11 STONE, prettyt average i suppose, not skinny. Will this program work for me?

Sometimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes... The program calls for ZDA, which puts you in a nice deep sleep. With the combination of higher testosterone (and you thought you had a high sex drive) with ZDA, many on the forum report having insane sex dreams. I don't take ZDA but the increase in sex drive I can definately see.
Can anyone clarify what ZDA is?

FIRE

Don Juan
Reaction score
To answer your questions:

ZDA is ZMA

- i AM 5'9 AND WEIGH 11 STONE, prettyt average i suppose, not skinny. Will this program work for me?
Sure.

- Does Ellis suggest you stay in the 1-4 rep range?

It depends on the phase of the program, but the mass part the last two sets usually are 2-4 and 1-2 reps (for strength gains).

- what is the link to the skinnyguy forum?
It's paid. Its on http://skinnyguy.net/members

- hat happens after the cutting stage of the program? Do you just start into the muscle gain again?
Either maintenance, more cutting or bulking. I guess most people would do more muscle gain. (This program has no maintenance part, but by the time you've done 26 wks of bulking and some of cutting you'll know what to do)

Reaction score
Jay, a moderator on the skinnyguy.net forums, started out 6'3 110 lbs and is now around 210 lbs. When he was 110, he looked like a Holocaust survivor.
Are you for real, Pook? 110lbs at 6'3"?! I think Holocaust survivors looked more buffed then that.. no offence to this Jay guy though.

I'm 6'3" and when I was starting bb'ing I weighed around 185lbs.I thought I was on the skinny side too. But 110 at 6'3"?! Pook, have you got a link for pictures of this dude at 110lbs?!

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jay Juliano was 6' tall, 109 lbs. when he started. I'm not sure where he is now; at least 180. He did have some before/after pictures on the site, and he was EXTREMELY skinny as you can imagine. He's pretty much considered the skinnyguy.net poster boy.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about 185 and 6'1", decently muscular (I get compliments all the time) but I want to hit that 205 mark you talk about and perfect my abs. I've been stuck here for three or four months at this weight and was wondering if I keep at my four day workout will I acheive my goal or do I need to spend 70 something dollars to learn that final step to get my acheived look? I take protein/glutamin shakes and keep my carbs up before workouts.

Thx

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Trippsta
I'm about 185 and 6'1", decently muscular (I get compliments all the time) but I want to hit that 205 mark you talk about and perfect my abs. I've been stuck here for three or four months at this weight and was wondering if I keep at my four day workout will I acheive my goal or do I need to spend 70 something dollars to learn that final step to get my acheived look? I take protein/glutamin shakes and keep my carbs up before workouts.

Thx
You need to increase your calorie intake.

majumbo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, here's what I want you to do: drop the protein shakes. Protein shakes contain pre-digested protein, only a portion of which is processed by your body. Eat steak. Lots of it. I mean like 2-3lb a day. I am not joking. It has the best amino acid profile bar none. If you got to your size on protein shakes, now its time to switch to real food. Please trust me on this. Take in around 2 grams per lb of bodyweight. Your kidneys will be fine as longa s you drink 1.5 to 2 gal water/day religiously.

Here's another thing... After weight training your glycogen stores are depleted. Take advantage of this by taking a whey isolate protein shake at this time (100 grams, 20 grams gluatimine, 10 grams creatine) and 2 cups of grape juice to spike your insuling levels. After you get home, eat 8-9 oz beef and a potatoe. You will grow bro. Also, when you lift, try to lift more weight on each exercise progresively, or more reps. You get stronger, you get bigger, diggit?
Go get em dawg!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Trippsta

Thx

Libertine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by affirmed
Just wondering how good the advice there is? Also how legitimate the "ebook" is as it comes as an exe? Why is it an exe? does it install spyware or any such crap on your comp? Anyone who's tried it, I'd like your opinion before I install.

the executable method is now the most common method we use in the ebook industry.

It is fully-compatible.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by affirmed
Just wondering how good the advice there is? Also how legitimate the "ebook" is as it comes as an exe? Why is it an exe? does it install spyware or any such crap on your comp? Anyone who's tried it, I'd like your opinion before I install.

The material may be ok. BUT the pictures are pretty strange to me! It seems they're edited! Especially because of the color's tone in the man's head Vs his body (in the 1st pic).

We have to be careful. It's pretty easy to be fraudulent on the net!