Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I get ripped or buff

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if I should get ripped or buff. I weigh about 165 pounds and I'm about 6ft 1. I have some muscle development and I'm starting to see abs. Which do the girls usually prefer? I told my crush I was going to get buff and she said I would get fat and ugly, but that's just one girl. I also run 3 miles a day.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you're the one who's maintaining the diet and spending hours in the gym, why don't you focus on what YOU prefer instead of what girls prefer?

I used to be "buff", but now I prefer to look like more of a natural athletic. Although I do spend hours in the gym, I don't want to look like it. It's just my personal style. So my goal was to look good without looking like I was trying to look good.

Your goal may be different. Find out what works for you, develop a passion for it, and the girls will come on their own.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JPlaya said:
will I lose my abs and get fat if I get buff
Get buff and find out.

drf408

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, go for what you want not what you think girls will like. Most girls these days however claim to not like the big buff thing, but I think many say that. Most of the the girls I've gotten love my size and don't want me to lose weight. I think they think in extremes so when they think "buff" they think of over the top vascular body building types...

TIC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say buff definitely.You'll stand out more. I hear alot of girls say "I don't like huge muscles and all those veins" but women love feeling smaller than their man and feeling secure in his arms. The bigger the arms the better, there aren't any buff guys who have trouble getting women.

Big muscles may be the equivalent of big t*ts and azz for girls

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Distance running is going to impact your muscle growth. If you want to get "buff", stop running. In fact, stop all cardio.

I personally want to get big, but not where I look disproportionate. I hate the look when a guy has massive arms, shoulders, chest, and their legs are like twigs. This guy's build is what I'm going for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFLJg4x6YUA&feature=related

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
Distance running is going to impact your muscle growth. If you want to get "buff", stop running. In fact, stop all cardio.

I personally want to get big, but not where I look disproportionate. I hate the look when a guy has massive arms, shoulders, chest, and their legs are like twigs. This guy's build is what I'm going for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFLJg4x6YUA&feature=related
I'm pretty sure that guy did a lot of cardio to achieve that look. To get cut like that and to have that much muscle definition requires a low body fat. For most of us, that requires cardio in addition to the right diet.

To the OP: very often getting ripped can make one look buff. Ideally, you'd want to do both. Achieve a lot of muscle hypertrophy but also reduce your total body fat to show off your musculature. The two go hand in hand.

Body builders, who are the epitome of buff do a lot of cardio. In the off season they are usually a lot heavier than their performance weight. But before competitions, they work hard on cutting fat so as to bring out the definition of their muscles.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
I'm pretty sure that guy did a lot of cardio to achieve that look. To get cut like that and to have that much muscle definition requires a low body fat. For most of us, that requires cardio in addition to the right diet.

I'm sure that guy in the video did cardio, too. I was saying that was the build I was going for. But my suggestion about cardio was if you want to get "buff". I consider the guy in the video more "ripped" than "buff". But on the bigger side.

If the OP is 6'1" and 165, hes not gonna get as big by doing cardio. Especially distance running. You need a lot of food and calories to get "buff" and cardio will use too much of it up at this point. Distance running uses muscle as a fuel source, which obviously isn't ideal for gaining.

If you are doing cardio, HIIT is the way to go. But some still argue against it. I like the school of thought that you can get all benefits of cardio by doing high intensity lifting. I prefer to use kettlebell and rope training than jump on a treadmill.

jax871

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get ripped and buff... then proceed to stick everything with a moist hole

bilboteabaggins

Don Juan
Reaction score
based on what I have seen slutty girls and older chicks(mid 20's and up) prefer buff dudes, younger chicks and hot LTR material prefer ripped athletic type, try to shoot for in between, a good v shape, decent size above average arms/chest/shoulders and a trim waistline

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Run for an hour every morning, if this means 5 am wake up alarms do it. In the evening lift hard and heavy.

Wait 3 months to 6 months and post some pics up, if you do it right and have a clean diet you will get bigger and leaner :)

shizz702

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Opinions vary but the general consensus is the ladies like the cut look. If you got some abs showing it is almost always gonna be a winner with them when the shirt comes off.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have a good job, hobbies, friends and social life?

if not, i dont give a **** about your abs and neither does she.

get buff see the attention you get... if you dont like it change it back, you can ALWAYS change it back

YoungHOV

Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:

Actually, shorter intense cardio can increase the release of HGH.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark41.htm

As for getting buff, I will say this. I am not buff, but definitely consider myself fit, and have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for about 15 months now. You will feel better, have more energy, need less sleep, and have more confidence knowing you're looking fit and in shape. Since putting on 30-35 pounds over this time frame (I was VERY skinny), I have noticed more women looking at me and have gotten more numbers. Overall I recommend it, but do it for you, the women are just an added bonus.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you haven't lifted before, you'll put on muscle rather quickly at first, no matter what you do.

The secret to getting BIGGER is to lift heavy while taking in more calories. For significant growth, you'll have to gain a bit of fat as well, which may make you look LESS muscular at first. However, once you switch to a cardio-heavy workout, you should be able to drop the excess weight quickly, while retaining the muscle.

For this reason, if you want to get both "ripped" and "buff" you need to train in phases--first bulking, then cutting. It's pretty tough to gain mass AND get lean.

I would continue doing some cardio throughout all this, however.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience, Its a lot easier to score hot girls in North America if you're jacked... Girls are intrinsically attracted to hypermasculine guys. Being jacked will tremendously boost your confidence, and combined with increased sex appeal will make it a lot easier to score hotter women. This should be basic common knowledge.