Sharing 25 years of dating wisdom...

JUST ME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take offence to the born again Christian putdown- it is not an "addiction". I take it you have had a bad experience with one.I do agree with all the rest of your post however.I am 29 by the way, have been in 2 very dserious rel.One lasted 6 years.I have never been engaged,no kids.

leoncour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sage advice.

"31) There is an inverse relationship between self-confidence and concern with what others think of you."

This is for all the shy people...like me. I'll try to keep it in mind whenever I worry what others think of me.

[A]rtful[DJ]

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post Unknown. I totally agree with most of the things you have mentioned.

Hay wildie, you are still here? I tot you were gone for good. Nice to have you back anyway.

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome insight Unknown Don. More applicable to our more mature DJs. DJB material!

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Heavyweight:
Dude-
I don't know if I agree with everything you said. There's some good advice, but some things are just wrong. For example, you say that if a woman finds a guy physically attractive, he can't do any wrong on a date and if she doesn't, he can't do any right. That's wrong and the exact opposite of everything in the DJ Bible.

No, it's quite right, and I think the bible agrees w/it. Your post is interesting because your understanding has elements of what is advocated here but somehow comes up w/conclusions not quite on--not far off, but just enough so that I think you've misread some of what he says.

You can make a number of mistakes w/those w/high interest level and not really suffer for it--at first. And, the flip side is that if she has low interest level anything you do will likely not have the effect you want.

So why waste time? Find out where you stand early. A portion of the bible's material is given to testing her w/kino/kiss to see if she has high or low interest. If you can't tell by her actions immediately (and even then...) you test her and see where you stand w/her early. If low interest--move on.

The kino/kiss test works because it is either very invasive and unwelcome or very seductive and irresistable--hence, if she's physically attracted to you she can't resist or not help responding strongly and positively; if she has low interest level in you, she will have no response or even have physical aversion to it which she can't hide.

Basically (and Unknown used it more broadly than my example above) it takes real effort to screw up if she has high interest in you and you'll really have to use some master techniques to turn her around if she has low interest level--anything short of that won't work.

Isn't the whole point of this site that guys can get as many women as they want regardless of how they look if they change their attitude and find ways to give women the feelings they want?

Ah--this one's tricky. I can't say you're wrong since it's easy to see how you got that idea--and much of the advice I've seen here and even given myself would support that--it's just that it's a over-simplified and somewhat misleading.

The "regardless how you look" is too broadly stated that it's misleading. 1) yes, if you're 5'4" and plug ugly, you can still exude confidence, be assertive, dress well, do fun things, be funny, dance, be seductive yada yada and get dates--so yes, looks don't matter in that sense; but if 2) you have a hair style from 1975, wear polyester leisure suits (and otherwise don't play in a swing band w/attitude-coming-out-the-@ss) wear the same jeans and t-shirt everyday, don't wash, don't brush the teeth often etc., then looks do, indeed, matter a great deal.

Tending to your person is very important. It's one of the details women pay particular attention in assessing you initially and remains so afterwards. From the bible perspective, you will find a number of posts here and articles from the featured experts about updating your look, improving what you have and maintaining good grooming standards.

And "getting as many women as they want...regardless of looks...by acting confident...giving them the feelings they want..." is true to an extent. It doesn't contradict what Unknown said.

An important underlying distinction to this site and Unknown's post is that we don't fight reality, we improve our handling of ourselves in it. He gives hallmarks towards recognizing what the reality of a situation w/a woman is and what you can or can't do about it. Use this advise to weed out your poor prospects first and then it'll appear that you are "getting as many women as you want...regardles of your looks...by acting confident...and learning to give women the feelings they want..."

I think confidence is far more important than looks for women and that's usually hard for most guys to understand because looks are far more important to us.

Confidence is, as you say, highly important and one of the key components of attraction for both men and women. I used to agree w/looks being far more important to men than women, but I think it's oversimplified, misleading and simply wrong. Women respond quite strongly or deeply in a complex way to a different set of criteria regarding looks than men do. That they don't respond the same way we do doesn't mean they aren't responsive.

Anyway, I think that your "looks" advice is defeatist and wrong. Anybody that believes that stuff should spend their time and money getting plastic surgery to look better and forget about trying to become a DJ.

You're right about looks if that is all that's all there is to it, but he used a different term than "looks", he said "physical attraction". "Looks" can be part of "physical attraction", which is a much deeper, broader and complex term than "looks". It is, (IMHO) a crucial distinction. We've not even mentioned phermones, body language, chemistry, emotional responses to complex external stimuli, evolutionary conditioning or any of the other myriad components that make up physcial attraction.

Good post, HvyWeight, it made me think much more than what I usually encounter by forcing me to clarify im my mind what I understand.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Unknown Don

25) Avoid women with a large number of pets or women who pay unusual amounts of attention to their pets.

26) Most first-time marriages fail. Consider that if you decide to get married, there is better than a coin-flip chance that you will be divorced. If any other civil contract had as high a failure rate, Congress would outlaw it. The world has changed dramatically in the last three or four decades and many people have postoponed marriage until much later in life, or simply never get married.

25) This is a load of crap, some of the best woman I know pay large amount of attention to their pets!!!!! So that point is not entirly true!!!

26) Only in the western world, not so in other cultures and countries!!!

Other than these two points this advice is PRICELESS, GREAT WORK DON. This is DJ bible material!!!!!!!!

------------------
Life is a game....PLAY IT!!

Donjuanpablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW! Top post. Very much echoes the point that there is much more to life than women.

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GOLD

Period, I want that in the DJ Bible. He should be honored. Rarely do we get advice from pure experience.

Good job

------------------
~The_Chosen~ has spoken...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is just not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Judge a man by his questions and not his answers.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great post man, i do have one thing to say though. you are right about the looks, don't listen to what some might say that looks don't matter whatsoever, that is completely stupid to believe that. The thing with women that is different with men is that If a man sees a women standing in the bar he says "damn she is sexy, look at thoose legs!!" stuff like that. A women on the other hand , sees a man, who is well dress(women love fashion), smells nice, well groomed, and she says "damn he looks nice, i love his look/style". Of course it helps if you are bleesed with good looks like me (

) but men and women have two totaly different grading factors... I don't give a damn if a girl has on a 1000 dollar outfit, if her legs aren't pretty she could have used that on a makeover or something (kiddin)

Don-Wan Kenobi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EXCELLENT POST! SHOULD BE IN BIBLE!

It doesn't really matter how much any of the Dons agree or disagree with Unknown's post. Someone with his amount of insight, experience, and success is in no position to be critiqued or criticized by a bunch of Dons half his age!

Of course, I haven't met the man and so I prove that he is indeed a 40 year-old seasoned DJ no better than I can prove that he is a 17 year-old girl with spare time and a flair for writing.

Nonetheless: not a single item he lists in his post contradicts the teachings of the DJ Bible. My own, personal experiences dictate that at least some of his advice is legit. And many consistently outstanding posters have responded, agreeing with him entirely.

At least some of this, and probably all of this is sound advice. When I am 40 (I hope I get there and experience all kinds of success along the way) I will have more to say about it.

We should think about adding this one to the bible.

Don Robert

------------------
D.W.K.
~~~~
Master the Game or Master the Bate

[This message has been edited by Don-Wan Kenobi (edited 05-18-2002).]

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker:
great post man, i do have one thing to say though. you are right about the looks, don't listen to what some might say that looks don't matter whatsoever, that is completely stupid to believe that. The thing with women that is different with men is that If a man sees a women standing in the bar he says "damn she is sexy, look at thoose legs!!" stuff like that. A women on the other hand , sees a man, who is well dress(women love fashion), smells nice, well groomed, and she says "damn he looks nice, i love his look/style". Of course it helps if you are bleesed with good looks like me (

) but men and women have two totaly different grading factors... I don't give a damn if a girl has on a 1000 dollar outfit, if her legs aren't pretty she could have used that on a makeover or something (kiddin)
Woman check out guys almost as much as we check out them. If a guy has a nice ass, girls will dig him. Or if he looks built, and so on.

Don't deny that fact. True they judge us on style, reputation, and all that.

But looks DO MATTER, just not as much as it means to men. It matters a significant amount to them. To us men, it's everything at first.

------------------
~The_Chosen~ has spoken...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is just not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Judge a man by his questions and not his answers.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By far the best post. I vote to have it in the DJ Bible too!

A word about sexual boredom in marriages: Either couples have to find ways to keep it interesting, or not have sex at all...but hey that is long term talk...

Heavyweight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, Tesuque Red, thanks for your thoughtful and insightful post. Though I don't completely agree with you, I appreciate the obvious amount of thought you put into it. A lot of the people responding are trying to pull rank or something, like the fact that somebody is 40 years old and says something means that it must be right, and not just right, but perfect. Look folks, Unknown gave a lot of good advice, but it doesn't matter that he's older than most of us - if that's our criteria, then let's get 96 year old Senator Strom Thurmond on here and have him write a new bible and we could go on an on about how great he is and forget about trying to figure things out on our own.

Now, I want to clarify what I said earlier concerning looks and women. Just for reference, what I said was that I disagreed with the parts of Unknown's post that said that if a women finds you physically attractive, then you can do no wrong and if she doesn't initially find you physically attractive, you can do no right. I am not saying that looks are not at all important to women - of course they are. What I am saying is that the importance of looks is miniscule compared to the other elements of attraction. Whereas - if you're like me - you look at a woman and say, "Man, she's real cute and got a great body - if she's not crazy, there might be potential here," I believe that women say, "Man, there's a great looking guy over there that's well dressed and obviously takes care of himself - he passes the initial attraction barrier . . . I wonder how he carries himself and how he makes me feel . . . I wonder what he does for a living and if he has ambition . . . I wonder if he has self-esteem and is passionate about his life, [etc., etc., etc.]."
You see, I'm not saying that they don't care about looks, I am saying that looks are just a small portion of the overall picture for them and that they can be overcome by other things, unlike what Unknown said in his post. You know, I obviously look the same now as I did a year ago or two years ago. I've always cared about how I look to the extreme (working out all the time, nice clothes, clean, whatever) because I didn't understand women and I thought that they were like me and if I made myself physically attractive, I'd be in business. Wrong. Absolutely wrong. Just look at all the great looking guys out there that are AFCs and have no clue with women. Contrast them to all the knuckle draggers you see with good looking girls and have to realize that girls aren't as obsessed with looks as Unknown makes out.
Haven't you all noticed this in your own lives? When you're in a confident state and don't give a damn about rejection and you know that you're a badass and a girl would be out of her mind not to want you, you can't lose with women, even if you're having a bad hair day. On the other hand, no matter whether you're wearing a tux and have knockout cologne or whatever, if you're hesitant and unsure of yourself, you're gonna end up alone that night. Right or wrong?
So, women have an initial - very low, by the way - physical barrier that you have to clear and after that you have to use your charm to show her you're the man. 40 years old or not, Unknown - in my opinion - has it wrong when he says that you can't do wrong if you pass that initial barrier. How many AFCs do you see screw things up all the time with women? Heck, how many times have you done it yourself?
Tell me what you all think of this but try to keep it thoughtful and please don't just keep saying Unknown is 40 years old. I get that point and I understand it - I still disagree with a few of the things he said.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ~The_Chosen~:
Woman check out guys almost as much as we check out them. If a guy has a nice ass, girls will dig him. Or if he looks built, and so on.

Don't deny that fact. True they judge us on style, reputation, and all that.

But looks DO MATTER, just not as much as it means to men. It matters a significant amount to them. To us men, it's everything at first.

you are absoutly correct.. but what i am trying to say is that a man wil DATE that girl in the bar with the sexy legs and an iq of 10. of corse women don't sit at the beeach going "damn he has a good personality". come on now that's stupid, they "check out" guys that are attractive, but a women, well most won't date him if that is all he has going for him.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Heavyweight...I am a woman and I'm telling you that women actually care MORE about a man's looks than a man cares about a woman's looks. Sure, other things are important, but if that woman doesn't immediately find you visually appealing, you aren't going to even get a chance to win her over with anything else you have up your sleeve because she already has it in her mind that you just don't do anything for her visually.

The women who will date guys that they think look "okay" are always at a disadvantage because she is already telling herself she's not really into him. She is LOOKING for a reason to Next him. Now, the guy she thinks is hot or gorgeous...he can be late, say something stupid, be somewhat rude and offensive, etc etc...and she isn't going to be very bothered by it most of the time because she WANTS him to be a great guy because she is already incredibly attracted to him.

Men will settle for a woman they aren't all that visually attracted to if she seems likely to give him sex. A woman will not settle for a man she isn't all that visually attracted to in order to get sex because she can always find someone she IS very visually attracted to if that's all she wants. As a result, women are influenced SO MUCH more by looks than men are.

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't see this thread earlier.

Moved to Tips Forum where it belongs.

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire:
Heavyweight...I am a woman and I'm telling you that women actually care MORE about a man's looks than a man cares about a woman's looks. Sure, other things are important, but if that woman doesn't immediately find you visually appealing, you aren't going to even get a chance to win her over with anything else you have up your sleeve because she already has it in her mind that you just don't do anything for her visually.

Sometimes. Not always. Every once in a while one of my female friends tells me about some guy she wasn't really into, but then she finds out something about him - always something that adds to his status - and suddenly (and they almost all use the same words here) she says 'And then I started looking at him in a whole new way.'

So it depends on the people, and it depends on the situation. If it's a meat-market kind of arena like a bar or club, then yeah - the guy's pitch is going to be about looks anyway. But then you don't, in my experience, get high quality dating material in bars and clubs anyway. So it's no surprise that people who cruise that scene are going to be more superficial about what they're looking for.

But if it's a more open-ended social kind of setting where the two just kind of know each other, then it's not as clear cut as that. And a guy's reputation (good or bad) can *change what the chick actually sees.*

So it's:

1. If you're cold calling, looks really count.

2. If there's prior knowledge and a chick likes what she's hearing about a guy before they meet, looks can count for a lot less.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY:
Originally posted by The Unknown Don

25) Avoid women with a large number of pets or women who pay unusual amounts of attention to their pets.

26) Most first-time marriages fail. Consider that if you decide to get married, there is better than a coin-flip chance that you will be divorced. If any other civil contract had as high a failure rate, Congress would outlaw it. The world has changed dramatically in the last three or four decades and many people have postoponed marriage until much later in life, or simply never get married.

25) This is a load of crap, some of the best woman I know pay large amount of attention to their pets!!!!! So that point is not entirly true!!!

26) Only in the western world, not so in other cultures and countries!!!

Other than these two points this advice is PRICELESS, GREAT WORK DON. This is DJ bible material!!!!!!!!

I agree with Cloony, what makes you think that way , Unknown Don?

The post further confirms my belief of not getting married before the age of 30 at least. and going out with a girl for at least 4 years.