Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Routine for shoulders?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my all over development but I am starting to lag in the shoulder area so I'm thinking I will break my arm day in half and do tris with chest and bis with back and add a shoulder day.

The routine I've been on doesn't have a huge focus on shoulders.

Anyone got a good shoulder day routine?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find dumbbell movements most effective. They cause no "impingement" or binding of joints thru the range of motion. Here goes a few:

1. Dumbell Military press
2. Lateral Raise with Dumbell
3. Dumbell shrugs

Another week:
1. Lateral raise, less weight a few more reps
2. Front raise
3. Dumbell shrugs

Upgright rows put the joints in a bad position, I avoid it. As you age these things pile up and will be nags when it gets cold outside and stuff. You just don't wanna mess it up in the first place.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally believe that moderation is the key when it comes to working delts. They are a small muscle group so I don't need to use heavy weights. Plus, chest press hits the shoulders on its own.

Only time I'll use heavy weights is when doing shrugs.

I do Arnold presses with 30-lb. DBs max.
Side lat raises 20 lb. DBs max. Often I won't even lift heavier than 15s.
Shrugs 90 lb DBs max but 65-70 lb DBs with 15-20 rep range works well.
Yeah, go heavy enough to get gains, but never go to heavy. Your shoulder joint has more range of motion than any other joint in your body and because of that, it is technically the weakest. One small error in form could mean that you tore your rotator cuff.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gironda DB Swings supersetted with side lateral raises have been the single most effective shoulder workout I've ever tried, and I've tried almost all of them. Do those twice a week for 6 weeks and your shoulders will get a LOT bigger.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to bust a shoulder plateau, I suggest Jerks. Helps you push some heavy weight with the help of the rest of your body. Might be just what you need to shock the muscles.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend rubbing oil into them while rubbing her naked chest against my back makes my shoulders (and lots of other bits) feel GREAT. :) Doesn't make my shoulders bigger but hey who cares.

FitRick

Don Juan
Reaction score
everyone is posting about shoulder pressing and lateral raises. All very important. But thats only half your shoulder. If you want full capped shoulders you need to complete it by hitting rear delts HARD. at least two rear delt exercises per workout. I like bent over reverse flys. (look up athlean x he has some good variations on form and such) and also face pulls with the rope. Also, the pec deck machine that reverses into rear delt fly machine too. For shoulder press focus on getting super strong. Reverse pyramid training, heaviest set first lower reps to lightest set higher reps. Hit shoulders twice a week, key to having an impressive physique

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seated military press
Side raises
Shrugs

But thats only half your shoulder. If you want full capped shoulders you need to complete it by hitting rear delts HARD.
Bro science. Chicks don't look at rear delts

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Overhead Press 3 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 1 (until failure)
Upright Rows supersetted with Lateral Raises 3 x 8 - 12
Front Raises 3 x 8 - 12
Lying Rear Delt Raises 3 x 8 - 12
Face Pulls 3 x 8 - 12

It should be noted that the deltoids contain androgen receptors meaning it is difficult to tear the muscle in that area because of how the muscle fibers in that area are designed. If you see anyone with "3D", bulging deltoids that seem disproportionate or even cartoonish looking, then there's a good chance that person is on performance enhancing drugs or gear. Do not let this discourage you. Do your best.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you see anyone with "3D", bulging deltoids that seem disproportionate or even cartoonish looking, then there's a good chance that person is on performance enhancing drugs or gear. Do not let this discourage you. Do your best.
Why, because delts grow faster and bigger than any other muscle when on gear. Remember, eat CLEN, TREN hard folks

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Guy in photo in post #17 is me in 2014, and even though I used steroids 2005 & 2006, I got my rear delts in 2014 without the juice. Lots of pullups, deads, rows...lots of cardio...and a very particularly "strict" diet.
Your delts look natural and they are attainable natural. I'm referring to these kinds of deltoids

Naturally, at best your delts should look like this

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can spot a geared delt a mile away

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of guys spend too much time on chest and abs and zero time on the back. Doing this creates imbalance.
2nd this ^^^^.

I do back / chest in 2:1 ratio. Your back is bigger than your chest. My bench actually goes up when I do back more.

Weighted Pullups, Pendlay Rows, Overhead Press, and Bench Press. Everything in the shoulder is covered with those.