Quitting Weed

Ninja Dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Machina29, that is my problem as well. I know lots of people that can burn occasionally and have stashes all over their house that they can just forget about. I can practically hear my stash calling me "Smoke me Ninja - you know you want to!"

This is why I now find it empowering to have some on hand as I quit. It's sitting within arm's distance of me right now but I am resisting - which is a first! I must admit 1 or 2 times I was real tempted but your words echoed in my head "Do I want tomorrow to be day 25 or day 1 of quitting." and I stuck it out - so thanks!

**UPDATE**

We are now approaching the 2 week mark. My head is a lot clearer and I feel sober for the first time in years. I also cant remember the last time I was able to breathe out of both nostrils. Smoking always clogged me up, especially at night, which is probably why I dont have the typical insomnia symptoms, because I'm sleeping better than I have in a decade!

Downside (or Upside depending on how you look at it): Every day I wake up hocking up more and more scary sh*t. Today there was one loogey so huge I wanted to take a picture - it was f*cking unreal, almost the size of my fist! I don't have any flu symptoms or fever but it's definitely freaking me out to see how much junk is coming up. I've decided that I never want to smoke again. My poor lungs have taken enough punishment for a lifetime. If I ever enjoy cannabis again it will be in my food :)

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool! Your sleep improving seems to be the best. when I don't sleep gr8 it's harder to keep my energies up.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ninja you might have to watch out for keeping weed within your reach. A fitness study once shown (cant remember which), if you have junk food lying in your house, eventually you will eat it one day. I'm inclined to think it'll work the same way with other consumables lying in the house as well.

Anyway, good job on quitting weed! I respect your determination!

Machina29

Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad to hear that my words helped you. That thought process helped me quite a bit too. It only gets easier after the first two weeks so stay strong!

apocolipto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dutchmaster said:
. I remember I spilled a drink while typing some website into my laptop and the laptop wasn't loading it either I got so mad I punched a hole in my wall.. It was that bad
I happened to have the same happen to me.I now have a hole in my cupboard.:down:

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My brother was a huge pothead, I'm talking about smoking at least once a day and sometimes more than 5x a day. One day he just decided to stop smoking it (bc he started developing a respiratory illness) and decided to just stick with alcohol. Now he is into heavier drugs and is an alcoholic but i beleive he's hasn't touched weed ever since. Its all about being strong willed and not allowing the thought of getting high get into your head.

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
My brother was a huge pothead, I'm talking about smoking at least once a day and sometimes more than 5x a day. One day he just decided to stop smoking it (bc he started developing a respiratory illness) and decided to just stick with alcohol. Now he is into heavier drugs and is an alcoholic but i beleive he's hasn't touched weed ever since. Its all about being strong willed and not allowing the thought of getting high get into your head.
That really isn't very inspiring at all...

Yeah I'll quit. Like the beast I am.

Trenton

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most potheads are extremely depressed people who rely on weed to cope with how miserable their lives are. These people aren't getting high because it's "cool", they're doing it to escape their reality. I had a bunch of friends that smoked constantly. It's all surface level with these people.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A little off-topic, but whatever.

A new national poll by independent Rasmussen Reports finds 56% of Americans support regulated legalization of marijuana and a new poll by the Los Angeles Times finds support for legalization among only 46% of Californians. The 10% difference is in the word ‘regulated.’ I’m reading the book The Stuff Of Thought: Language as a window into Human Nature by Steven Pinker and it’s all about how semantics shape the world.

The Los Angeles Times asked, “Do you think marijuana should be legalized for general or recreational use by adults?” Rasmussen asked, “Suppose that marijuana was legalized and regulated so that it was illegal for people under 18 to buy, that those who drove while under the influence of marijuana received strict penalties, and that smoking marijuana was banned in public places like restaurants. With such regulations in place, would you favor or oppose legalizing and regulating marijuana?” Both are fair questions but the more specific question gathers more support, because when people think ‘legalization’ they imagine a wild west frontier. Oh my those kindergarteners will be smoking up in the gardens. Russ Beville of NORML, the ‘Karl Rove of weed’, once said “From a framing perspective… ‘legalization’ is a ‘Have you stopped beating your wife?’ question. If you are proposing to ‘legalize’ pot, you are emphasizing that it is currently illegal = bad = dangerous = evil. So you’re asking society to make evil legal. But when you propose to ‘regulate’ pot, you are emphasizing that it is currently unregulated = out of control = chaotic = evil. So you’re asking society to bring evil under control. The difference is ‘legalization’ asks society to think of pot as good; ‘regulation’ asks society to think prohibition is bad.”

The 56% support for regulation is notable because 60% is the magical golden number you need to win elections. That’s when the billionaire investors come in. And with about 2% every year, that would suggest we’re two years away.

Right now, Colorado and Washington have legalized regulation on the ballot, and Oregon is close to possibly having two measures on the ballot. There were also two big shake-ups in the primaries. The tide is turning. When you hit the tipping point of critical mass, change can happen in a bursting flash flood. Six years ago people would say this could “never happen.” Last year there was a study which found “People who feel like they’re stuck with a rule or restriction are more likely to be content with it than people who think that the rule isn’t definite... When there are new restrictions, you rationalize them; your brain comes up with a way to believe the restriction is a good idea. But other research has found that people react negatively against new restrictions, wanting the restricted thing more than ever.” 2012 is too close to call but the end is near.

Last edited:

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
lmaoooo, you then go on to explain how to cut back using the hard drugged guy as an example lmaooo +rep
that guy is for real that's what's funny. hahaha :D I am going to follow every single one of his posts from now on!

d!ckmojo said:
@ Ninja Dude~

you need to supplement with 5-HTP before bed each nite.
Why? He said he could sleep fine.