Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quitting Weed

Ninja Dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone here done this??

I been a pothead since I was 16. I smoke ONLY herb, no tobacco and I use a pipe because I dont like the taste of paper. Lately I've been getting sick a whole lot. Sore throat, bronchitis, etc so I quit about a week ago. Its the longest I've gone without toking and the withdrawal is killer.

Reading online I am alarmed to see how long it takes weed to leave your system, and I am wondering what I can do to accelerate the process. I've been exercising, sweating and drinking plenty of fluids, which seems to be helping. But I can't stop the headaches and occasional dizziness, or the insane craving to burn.

Could really use some moral support here. I want to quit, not just for my health but for mental clarity and overall energy. I've been a fiend for too long!

Looking forward to your responses.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you seem to have inflammation in your throat. fish oil's omega 3 epa is the direct precursor to pge-3, an anti inflammatory hormone

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give it another week and you should be fine. The only withdrawal symptom I have ever experienced was insomnia, which cleared after two weeks. Withdrawal symptoms are about on par with caffeine, so it’s really no different than if you went cold turkey from drinking coffee or Pepsi every day for two decades.
But I can't stop the headaches and occasional dizziness, or the insane craving to burn.
“Insane craving to burn?” It’s not the weed but the psychological habit which formed. The more you incorporated weed as an emblematic symbol of your identity, your lifestyle, your circle of friends, the harder it is to stop. I have a buddy who has tried repeatedly to stop, but hasn’t—at last check—because he was basically Snoop Dog for decades. So you need to address these psychological issues for long-term sobriety.

Ninja Dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Groovy, thanks for the tip - I'm going to pick some up today

@DeepDish, I agree it is a psychological thing. The good part is that I just moved to a new city so I don't have to deal with the usual temptation from friends. You are right that it has been such a big part of my daily life that mentally it is difficult to purge. It would definitely be easier if I didnt have these symptoms though - my body keeps telling me I will feel fine if I just take one little hit. My addict mind confirms that by saying cold turkey is too harsh and I should gradually wean myself. But my will says that I can do this - I've already gone 8 days, what's another week?

I will say this much, if I dont feel a lot better by next week I will probably cave. Today the headaches seem better but now I have to deal with this drowsy/dizzy/disconnected feeling (kind of like when you take strong cold medicine) Thankfully there is no insomnia, though my dreams are hella vivid. Come to think of it I dont remember the last time I could recall a dream!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep an eye on your blood pressure. When you smoke a lot and then quit, it tends to go up. Getting mad a lot, which is another side effect of quitting, also doesn't help blood pressure, either. When it goes up, you'll get start getting minor nose bleeds.

My advice is to take the weed you have left and make cannabutter. You boil weed, 1/3 butter, and 2/3 water for 15 minutes, then put the pan in the fridge until it cools. Then you can pick the now-solid butter off the top and discard the water. Use the butter in any recipe for cookies or brownies. Afterward, your weed will be in controlled, time-release slow doses.

All you have to do to quit is to slowly reduce the amount you consume each day. The weed brownie or cookie will take away your craving to smoke, reduce your craving to kill everybody because you're cranky from withdrawal, and lower the other chemical withdrawal impacts on your body.

lockout

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Keep an eye on your blood pressure. When you smoke a lot and then quit, it tends to go up. Getting mad a lot, which is another side effect of quitting, also doesn't help blood pressure, either. When it goes up, you'll get start getting minor nose bleeds.

My advice is to take the weed you have left and make cannabutter. You boil weed, 1/3 butter, and 2/3 water for 15 minutes, then put the pan in the fridge until it cools. Then you can pick the now-solid butter off the top and discard the water. Use the butter in any recipe for cookies or brownies. Afterward, your weed will be in controlled, time-release slow doses.

All you have to do to quit is to slowly reduce the amount you consume each day. The weed brownie or cookie will take away your craving to smoke, reduce your craving to kill everybody because you're cranky from withdrawal, and lower the other chemical withdrawal impacts on your body.
mmmmm munchies

ganda1f91

Don Juan
Reaction score
I temporarily quit back in November for personal reasons. It has always been very easy for me, then again, I've only ever been about a once a week smoker.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol @ withdrawl weed symptions. try quiting smoking crack and see about withdrawal symptoms. there were days i literally could not leave my room and would have people literally come over my house to make sure i did not leave i wanted to relapse so bad.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good decision my friend. When I was 19 me and my best buddy smoked hella weed. Day in and day out. It never affected my grades as I made deans list but I knew it just wasn't healthy plus I really never liked the feeling of getting high. I would analyze to damn much. I stopped smoking weed when I got with my ex girlfriend and haven't smoked since to this day. No blacks no blunts. Smoke just ain't meant to be in your lungs. My friend, however never quit :/. Now he smokes every single ay (blacks and weed). Works for minimum wage (Can't get another job because he can't pass a drug test) and it doesn't look like he's graduating for a long time.

Find a hobby you like doing and stick to it. Whenever you feel like smoking just go to the gym and shoot some hoops or something like that. Good look in your journey.

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit in summer of 2010 after being a big pothead for maybe 2 years straight before that. I can't say I can relate to most of that, but I remember I would have trouble sleeping and get extremely mad and irritated at the littlest things for about a week or 2, afterwards though things were back to normal and I actually had spit in my mouth and could remember what I did the day before. Was nice to be sober for a bit but I quickly went back to smoking months later. Just far more controlled this time around. I remember I spilled a drink while typing some website into my laptop and the laptop wasn't loading it either I got so mad I punched a hole in my wall.. It was that bad

Try not to worry about it at all. Find something to get your mind off the weed exiting your system because you are very prone to mental breakdowns and anxiety attacks right now. Don't want to be stressing about anything. Give it another 1-2 weeks at MOST and you'll be fine. Good luck!

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Ninja Dude you're a fvcking gay ass cheerleader boy. Fvck you.

Withdrawl manifests in inceased agressiveness. It only lasts about 2 weeks, not longer.

In some part of the world people dream about smoking weed. You fvck head get an oz for $90 and smoke it through your ass every month. D!ck head. Don't quit weed, smoke it at least once in a while. It's good for you. Compare weed to number of people die from alcohol and tobacco. Nobody dies from weed you faggot. You were just blowing too much and throat got thore. Take a break you dumb ass and then start over.

I personally prefer blunts.

Here in Russia in the south weed is expensive, $80 for about 6 oz, match box full. It's not always available and if traffic cops test you for it, you either pay them or loose your license. Spice, synthetic THC replacement, is popular here. But high only lasts 15 minutes and it's bad for you. Few days before new years I've taken three hits and lost consciousness for about an hour, during that time I've threw up all over myself and **** my pants.

You lucky guy to have smoked for so long. Don't quit now! Keep on smoking.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
lol @ withdrawl weed symptions. try quiting smoking crack and see about withdrawal symptoms. there were days i literally could not leave my room and would have people literally come over my house to make sure i did not leave i wanted to relapse so bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I

Ninja Dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Speed dawg you beat me to posting that video - EXACTLY what I thought when I read backbreaker's comment.

@backseatjuan, Sorry to disappoint you by being a quitter, but I am starting to enjoy sobriety. I can actually remember sh*t now, and can run for more than a block without wheezing/breaking my chest. Maybe one day I will develop a healthier attitude towards weed. Ideally I would love to smoke it at the most once or twice a month, if even that. But my association towards it had me burning 4-5 times a day. I was sluggish, stupid and sleep all the time.

For the first time in years I have energy - and I am convinced that part of this anger/irritability I feel is towards being such a damn slacker for so long

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Weed was nice. I smoked a bowl almost twice daily for 3 years, more if I hung out with friends. Took me 6 months to get my system clean when I finally finished it. Be warned OP as you are right it takes awhile. Might be better to finish off what you have then get into a regiment such as joining a gym or become a boxer. Helps pass the time and the mental addiction will be replaced.

First month sucks though as you smell of weed when you sweat as you get the most out of your system.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ninja Dude said:
@backseatjuan, Sorry to disappoint you by being a quitter, but I am starting to enjoy sobriety. I can actually remember sh*t now
I think (these are just my non-professional thoughts for the rest of my post, based from stuff i read)the pot chemicals are getting out of your system. Your circulation to your brain has improved also. You have more room for neurotransmitters since the weed has left?

and can run for more than a block without wheezing/breaking my chest. Maybe one day I will develop a healthier attitude towards weed. Ideally I would love to smoke it at the most once or twice a month, if even that. But my association towards it had me burning 4-5 times a day. I was sluggish, stupid and sleep all the time.
1.Addiction! 2.You had lower testosterone?

For the first time in years I have energy
Perhaps you have better circulation to your testicles now
- and I am convinced that part of this anger/irritability I feel is towards being such a damn slacker for so long
Any other possible reason?
PS: It seems you're doing great, let's see if your mood doesn't swing suddenly. Sometimes it's best to quit slowly to avoid withdrawal effects.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:
Ninja Dude you're a fvcking gay ass cheerleader boy. Fvck you… D!ck head. Don't quit weed, smoke it at least once in a while. It's good for you. Compare weed to number of people die from alcohol and tobacco. Nobody dies from weed you faggot... Don't quit now! Keep on smoking.
Your heinous venomous rhetoric was completely uncalled for. It is boneheaded stoners like you who make the rest of us look bad. Everyone has the liberty of personal choice and the person who decides to quit because Mary Jane is no longer within their cup tea is every bit as respectable as the person who chooses to never do it, and the person who does. To each their own. The person who isn’t respectable is the one who flames someone for choosing their own direction in life.

Ninja Dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bible, all I have left is a small nugget and the inside of my jar which is coated with crystals. Do you think it's enough to make cannabutter?? How much butter would you recommend?

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone - it's really helping me to stay motivated and on track. I'm 10 days clean now, and the mental clarity is improving every day. I do have these odd moments where I feel kind of high, I'm guessing that's just my system detoxing.

One thing I am surprised by is the quantity of crap I am hocking up. I thought it would subside but it seems like every day I am coughing out bigger chunks of lungies. I did a little research and found a fascinating fact - the surface area of your lungs equals the area of a tennis court. No wonder it's taking a while to clear out!

On that note I'm off for my daily run *cue theme to Rocky*

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oi Ninja Dude, quitting anything is hard. If it makes you feel better, then keep going at it! I respect you.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd want 2-3 grams of good stuff to make a batch of baked goods from one stick of butter. It works just as well with crappy pot if you use more.

Machina29

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've smoked weed for about 14 years with a 4 year break in the middle (while I was in the military). I have tried to quit numerous times, but I always start up again under the guise of doing it occasionally. Sadly, I seem have an all or nothing mindset with weed, and can't do it occasionally so now I've opted to just not do it. It's been almost two months now, and I don't really have any urges at all. In fact, I almost feel sorry for my friends when they are stoned because just seem like such duds, and I also know how much they want to quit as well.

My advice is to not use what you have left. You've almost reached the two week mark which is a good point. After two weeks, the cravings and withdrawal symptoms lessen a great deal. If you consume what you have left, you'll be starting from square one. When I had urges, I would ask myself this, "Do I want tomorrow to be day 25 or day 1 of quitting."

Good luck!