Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pluto's 'Step-by-Step' Progress Journal

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Start of day:
Woke up, wanted to get out and break my comfort zones. Prior night I got fed up of chilling with my buddy who wanted to spend his time playing call of duty. Was going to hit a bar solo, but it was really too late to do that, so I decided I'd take my saturday to break out.

Mid-day:
Stopped at Starbucks to get some coffee for my day. Spoke to some friends, tried to start a few conversations with random people - got totally shut down with odd looks. Bit of a bummer. Wanted to open a girl I saw, but I didn't have the confidence to just open her and her friend there.

After my expresso, I went to the mall. Spent hours wandering around, chilling around the bookstore, reading, drinking some more coffee, and more time wandering around. The few interactions I had just sucked, and I just lost my drive to open the girls there. By the time I regained it, all the singles and duos of reasonable attractiveness in my age bracket had left and I was stuck with 14 y/o's and their parents, couples, and groups of 3-4 or more.

Left with no results at all for my time.

Evening:
Went to a coffeehouse, the one non-starbucks place around, and met with Demonpenz. Hung out for a while, made the spontaneous decision to go downtown to an area I hadn't been to.

First bar:
Turned out to be an excellent decision. I watched Demonpenz for a minute or two, and got into the mood of just greeting and speaking to everyone myself. Started at one bar, after I got a beer, first thing I saw was a girl making a ridiculous face to her friends (it was obviously deliberately done) - walked up to her, put my hand on her shoulder and said "I absolutely love that face - you look great!" with a smile. Walked off and the whole table just cracked up behind me.

Demonpenz opened a table of 3, spoke to them for a while, he got the one decent one to say she'd come dance with him at a different place later. Didn't end up seeing them again, but it was a good interaction.

Sat outside for a little bit, frigid cold. Saw a group, Demonpenz tried to push me into just going and sitting next to them - I chickened, but when he got up, we went for it together. Got very little reaction. Demonpenz asked a girl if she was a model; teased her about looking like she'd be selling stuff to him sometime on a commercial. When a different girl came back with two drinks, I told her "Great, you got me one too!" to which I had a funny look returned. She walked away, her friends apologized and said I needed to use more dry humor. Exchanged some names, had a bit of friendly chat. Definitely some of the cutest girls in the place.

Had a few more interactions, nothing noteworthy until a table was opened with 3 good looking girls. I spent a while talking to the two prettiest - brunette and blonde, started getting grilled with questions from the blonde after I made a few good jokes. Demonpenz backed out then and let me take the scene. I spoke to them for say, 10 minutes or so. I don't remember the specifics of the conversation, but I found out they both worked for the EPA. I had the feeling the blonde was digging me, she was the one putting the most questions out. I ended up backing out, spoke to a couple more people, spoke to Demonpenz more, finished my drink, and we got ready to bounce, so I returned to their table, handed the blonde girl my phone.

Interesting occurrence here; blonde girl looked at me and goes "Can I put my friend's number in instead?" I had a bit of a confused look, but I said "Sure, I don't mind that." She explained with saying she has a boyfriend, but that I'm cute and interesting and her friend likes me. I told her "hey, that's cool, I'm okay with you setting me up with your friend" just as her friend returned to the table. Got the brunette's number. She was the prettier of the two, too, so it's a fine end-result for me. Especially as I'll have blondie pushing her to go out with me.

Bounced right after.

Second bar/club:
Most of the interactions didn't have anything interesting in particular, there were some attractive girls I could have pushed interactions with, but instead I backed off and just opened others. Danced for a straight 20 minutes, ridiculously - comfort zone thing, not caring about being embarrassed.

Most notable interaction was Demonpenz's number close - opening a girl with "Have you ever stabbed somebody?".

I'm still laughing over that one. That was funny. Girl's friend looks at him after a couple minutes of conversation over stabbing and goes "That's the greatest pickup line I've ever heard.", to which Demonpenz responded with "That wasn't a pickup line, I'm completely serious!".

That was great. He just pulled her over and asked if he could have her number when he ran into her later. Got it right off. They should've stayed, pretty darn sure if they had stayed at the place we could've pulled a SNL with her and her friend, they were really digging us. They had a group they were with, though.

Third bar:
More of a lower-class place, but wasn't too bad. Couple girls that were totally cold. Nothing of too much note here. Seems odd saying that, as prior to the start of the evening I would've marked down any approach as noteworthy - by the end of the evening, after approaching 30-40 different women all over (generally in groups) it wasn't anything to note at all.

End of night:
Demonpenz opened the majority that had real conversations, but it was still a changing moment for me. He had a fun interaction through a window, making faces back and forth with a chick - but the bar had a cover charge and we were tired, so we went on.

Successful evening where I got out of my approach anxiety. Pretty much entirely sober, too - had two beers for the whole evening. Turned out well. We could've pushed for more numbers from various interactions but we bounced around everywhere very quickly. My goal was one number, regardless, and I didn't really care about anything other than practicing approaches (my sticking point) after meeting my goal. Sorta wanted a blondes number, but after I made that decision to try for a second number I was too tired and we would've had to pay covers.

I'll make another trip down there, that was definitely a good area to go. The ratio was actually reasonable, 50/50, with a pretty good amount of lookers, people were friendly (or they'd be cold and ignore a greeting, but, plenty of others to speak to if they did). Made a tremendous amount of progress with myself in interacting and eliminating the anxiety, and in not caring of what others thought of me.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update for J:
I deleted her number/thread conversation on my phone. Got a text today saying she lost her phone friday night at a bar. *sigh* I'll admit, she did mention that she loses her phone a lot when we first talked. Not sure if I'll reply though, may just wait and see if she texts again. I'll consider it.

Update for L:
Opened her with a short quick text;
"Hey cat girl, how was that girl's night out? -[my name]" (she has two cats).
Got a wall of 3 texts back including a reminder of her name in case I forgot. Going to keep this text conversation fairly short, may check her schedule and see when we could meet up.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So much of life is performing in crunch time. How do you do when it is time to get #'s... escalate .. Sex... It is like that in other parts in life. When you can recognize that it I crunch time and perform. You will grow, you will live, you will be awesome. You def got that ladies number in crunch time the other day.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I approached a 9 in a coffee shop. She was nice and we conversed. I went for a solid day 2 meet up and she said she wasn't looking for someone at the moment. Tough break, but my friend that watched said how much.more comfortable I was in the interaction/approach. That means something to me because I have put time/money/energy speaking to girls. So it was nice to be recognized for growth.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly.. I approached a girl the other day also, kept it short as I was also talking to others in the place, and had a friend with me, had plans to move towards.. Just extended the invitation to visit me at one of them sometime, and I'll take it from there whenever I run into her next. We had a quick discussion about it, and next time I run into her (she specifically said she frequents all these coffee places, and I mentioned the same), I'll extend an invite like... "I'll be at [this coffee shop] around 7, come join me and we can socialize and chill.". Or somethin' like that. Body language was definitely interested, head tilts, flirty eyes, coy smile, the way she spoke to me compared to how she was sitting previously.

Update w/ L:
Lots of light conversation, banter, some flirting. I've kept text conversations to very little actual details being told.. just light, teasing, flirtatious with only open-ended, off-the-wall questions. She's got a very dry sense of humor.

Asked her when she'll show me around a bar she said she liked, got answers back for thursday being free and a maybe for saturday. I'm busy thursday, so I'll see if the maybe pans out (my saturday plans are pretty relaxed - going to be chilling with some friends, got a buddy in town, so it's flexible, yet I've got plenty of alternatives). She gave me a long list of information about a wine tasting she's going to, and how the last one gave her a bit much, and how it went way longer than it was supposed to go, etc etc. I told her to let me and if not, we'll just see about next week.

She's got a dry sense of humor.. she's pretty funny. I like it.

Update for S:
Not getting much out of her. Probably just going to cut to the chase and ask her to get out with me. Not sure how well I'll be able to escalate this, or if I'll get her out with me.. but I'll certainly try. This one being borderline social circle, and having known her since shortly after I got with my now-ex girlfriend over 3 years ago, it's a bit different to play the cards here. Not sure to what extents and what speed I can move the interaction.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update for L:
She made a comment starting with "when I was in grad school". Oh boy. She likely thinks I'm 24, 25, and I've got no idea how old she is.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday Afternoon:
Stopped in at starbucks for a little while, flirted with a cute freshman for a short bit. She left before I could push the interaction any further, she was on a time crunch, but it was a warm-up for the day.

Went to the mall with some buddies, flirted with two cute girls - they claimed they were 22/23, but they looked 16. Thought about pursuing it further but had so much on my mind I didn't consider it. Opened a couple other chicks, for fun I opened some hot hired gun with "Excuse me.. are you from tennesee? Because you're the only ten I see."

Couldn't get my buddies to join in on the fun, sadly. Lame.

One regret - my buddies and I passed a duo.. I caught the eye of one of the girls, and we made eye contact for a good 8 seconds. Seriously, we were both walking along, turning our heads, holding eye contact. I hesitated, though, as my friends were walking towards the exit, we were going to be leaving.. The two girls stopped and looked at me, then kept walking, then stopped again, and I kind of did the same. They finally turned and kept on walking, I steeled myself and went in pursuit. All of a sudden, a group of black guys just walked up to them and started talking to them.

Totally blocked there, I'm not jumping in that far.. just walked on by. Heard them talk to each other and the friend of the girl I had eye contact with said "I think he was going to talk to you". Duh. Didn't run into them again. Anything I did there would have felt desperate.. and I didn't have the balls to interrupt the conversation the other guys had started with them.

Would have been my warmest approach ever. Not kidding with the 8 seconds of eye contact, we were craning our necks to hold it.

But, it's lessons learned. On one side, I would never have been able to maintain eye contact 4 months ago, and I would never have turned around to walk towards them. On the other hand, I've got room for improvement - if I hadn't hesitated, I would have a good plate going right there.

Friday Night - First Bar:
Met up with Demonpenz to hit up Westport again. Kind of an odd night, gonna hit the highlights. He was off the wall, I don't remember half of what he did, but he pulled 5 numbers out, so he was doing something right.

Started with some conversation with a group of girls, sat at the table with them, Demonpenz got the number of one secretively under the table. Wasn't too interested in the other two, but it was a good conversational practice.

Friday Night - Second Bar/Club:
Hit up a club/bar place. I started talking to one girl, had a good conversation that might've turned out better if I had ran into her later in the evening. I got Demonpenz to open a hot chick that looked just like his type, she turned out to be a birthday girl, and I pulled off the DD for the evening and got her number. Cute girl, probably a bit lower on my standards than I normally go for, but well within reason.

Opened other girls, most weren't all that receptive/friendly, I got told to f--- off like 4-5 times in that place this evening. Opened a pair in the corner, one hot, one chubby, got them both to laugh, but they sat next to a speaker.. so I bailed and told them if they wanted a conversation to come talk to me.

Went out to the dance area, had some girl just back onto me and grind/dance on me. Went on for a little while, I was coo' with it, she was hot. Never spoke a word to her. Ran into the duo I opened by the speaker, told her that the noise level here wasn't any better. Definitely wasn't on top of my game with her, but I did okay. Room for improvement, better than I used to be.

Danced close to some other girl, she was my type.. but before I could say anything, do anything at all (I wasn't dancing on her - just nearby, 2-3ft away in a crowded area), her friend pulled her away. They danced together the whole time.. pretty sure they were lesbian.

Ended up trying to bail, the place got too crowded. We were there for 2 hours, I had opened pretty much every decent opportunity up to my standards. The rest (at my standards) were with guys. I got blocked by the mother hen several times on the dance floor, too, and club, loud music, is not my thing. How the heck do you befriend the chubby and get her on your side when you can barely speak to the one girl?

Friday Night - Third Bar:
Hit up another place, ran into one of the hottest girls I've seen around - russian girl, seriously gorgeous, opened her and her friend, managed to piss her friend off. After that, I was done. Demonpenz wasn't there to wing, I blame him. :p Might've pulled that off with a wing, russian girl did seem interested.

Ran into some old high school pals, one of them was cute, but I know her personality... just not interested. She obsesses over sports too much, and I don't like sports all that much unless I'm playing them. One of the guys it was great to see though, last time I had seen him he was just deploying out.

Did a final lap, opened two girls sitting at a booth, teased them for not socializing. One of them was super-cute, one of the top 5 of the night, the other was big. Big big. Got the sob story of chubby thinking she's ugly, cutey there looked at me and goes - "Look at her, isn't she beautiful?"

For her sake, and because I'm just a nice guy, I can't pull off the ******* attitude.. I told her yes, she's beautiful, she's got a gorgeous face, and I loved her hair. And then I continued with - "Are you getting yourself down here? Why are you doing that? There's no reason to do that! Do you need a hug? C'mon, give me a hug." Yep, gave her a big bear hug. Cutey was talking to me a lot, she gave me several winks, definitely got in her favor.

Should've pushed and gotten Demonpenz over there to help, and should've said something like, hey, I'll get you guys a drink if you share the food that's coming, and gone for the cutey's number.. but instead I walked, I didn't think of it at the time and I felt awkward asking for the cute girl's number after the whole thing.

Closing moments:
Went to a last bar, Demonpenz spoke to a chick there.. good looking girl.

He also opened a trio on the street on our way back to the vehicle, got a girl's number.. I don't even remember that interaction well, as I was frigid, but he was smooth. That one interaction impressed me the most out of the night.

End results:
1 number, more improvement in social interactions. Need to transition more into genuine conversation, need to just keep pushing conversations instead of bailing after a couple minutes, and need to stay off the club floor when there's a chubby involved so I can stay on her good side.

Approaching in and of itself was starting to be a walk in the park for two or less girls, 3+ was a bit awkward but I was working on it. Much, much better than I've ever done before.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who's going to grow today? Plutoman!!! Who's going grow today Demonpenz

who just grew today?

WE DID!

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heck yes. :D

Number fizzled as the girl was much older than I thought, and I wasn't going to lie about my age.

Another number, may or may not pan out, from coffee shop.

Not going to type much right now, I'll put a fancier update later, but L said she came down sick, it felt genuine and she's already been asking me to put her down for friday. She's been very talkative, and when I just said let me know when she's better she immediately started throwing days out.

Since she had originally only given me a maybe anyways, she went and informed me early in the morning, she's countered with an offer, this doesn't go down as a strike in my book.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Added:
Teacher (HB7-8) - C
24 y/o teacher, pretty cute, nice body. Not particularly sure of her rating, from the impression I had it would be a 6.5-7, most likely a 7, but with lots of potential if she actually dressed up - coffee shop meeting.

Met at a coffee shop, was chilling with Demonpenz and two other guys, one of the other guys did an approach, Demonpenz started a conversation with another two girls after she called him out for being a player. 'Twas an entertaining conversation.

Pulled her number, though in retrospect I should have covered that with Demonpenz.. I kinda went for it without thinking, I had forgotten she had gotten his business card though. What a business card it is, too.

Was a good time for learning, though, we all learned a lot that evening.

Anyways, I sent her a text the next day. No response. Waited two days, sent her another opener - got a response within 20 minutes. I was at work, so the conversation was pretty delayed, but I got some definitive contact. 4-text exchange or so (4 each). I'll ping her in the next day or two and see about a saturday meet-up.

Update for L:
Friday should be golden. Let the conversation sit for a day, we've texted a fair bit - 5-6 texts back and forth a day. She's been extremely responsive and met all the small compliance tests I gave her (like telling her to text me tomorrow - next morning I got a long 3 text set with all kinds of random stuff).

Update for S:
Conversation spread out, I jumped the gun and asked when we were gonna catch up - no response. I'll ping after some more time's gone by but this is looking unlikely.

Update for R:
Haven't run into her in a while. Going to go for a good vibe, get some conversation going, and just go for hanging out + a phone number, the next time I run into her. When that is? I dunno.

Update for J:
I've still got her number somewhere in my phone. All she's worth is a mass-text ping to meet up somewhere, if other options don't pan out. Won't be anything more to do with her unless it's a meet-up + bang.

Beyond all that, I've made conversations with literally hundreds of women over the past 2-3 weeks. Most during the nighttime, but after the nighttime experiences I had, I've had the confidence to just start talking to people during the day, too (plus being pushed by friends). Opened two different sets just yesterday on my own in a coffee shop, and started talking to a group of guys who go/did go to my uni, so I might have a few more friends around campus. The interactions with the girls fizzled, but, I tried, eh? One of them I bailed after not knowing entirely what else to say, the other one I bailed because I got caught off-guard during the interaction (when she said she was studying a test for placement into college algebra, when I was expecting her to be studying for calc/somesuch).

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else think Plutoman and Demonpez are the same person?

Jk keep it up man :)

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If there is vag out there, take it. Plenty out there for all.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the fact that one time we were waiting for different song to come on before going over, but then went over there like instantly. Got to make your move when you think about it and not let the moment pass.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. Just gotta take the moments without hesitation.

Chill day. Flirted with some cuties at my work place, they go to my old high school. Who knows if anything will happen, they stop in twice a week regularly.

Set up a time for tomorrow. L said she's still a little down, but if I can deal with the sniffles, she'd still like to go out. Started the logistical process, but I had an odd text..

"Sure, [place] still works. When do you want to meet? A little earlier is better for me because there is sort of a weird situation at my apartment right now and I don't want to be out too late - I promise to explain that tomorrow."

What the heck does that mean? I guess I'll find out, but that's a potential red flag.. Screws up the logistics taking it further than a make-out, too.

Besides that, I have someone I'm meeting for coffee saturday, and plans to go out that night - maybe with someone, maybe not.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update - R:
Number closed with plans to play pool. Told her I'll get in touch with my schedule as I'm unsure of it at this point (legitimate). Had a nice opportunity to ask where it wasn't awkward with the other employees around.

Potential problem is that it's at my usual chill spot. But, oh well.

Update - L:
Date tonight in a little over an hour.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Update - L:
So, apparently, she's 29. 8 years older than me, awkward. That threw me off so badly, and I didn't escalate anything at all. She also dropped a few hints towards wanting something more serious.

I'm going to see how this goes - I was seriously caught off guard by the age thing, and I didn't even kiss her. She initiated a hug at the end. I hesitated so badly. In retrospect, I should've treated it like any other situation. She knows exactly why I hesitated.

I'll see if we can go out again.. but I'm not entirely certain at all at this point.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update - L:

Quick text exchange, she was asking if I was disqualifying her for age (versus the opposite). Gave her a bit of reassurance that I'm cool with the age gap, was just initially surprised. She's down with seeing how it goes. I assumed the sale, put her in the perspective of qualifying herself to me.

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, crazy.

Saturday Night:

Met up with Demonpenz at a good bar. He did pretty well from what I could see, we bounced fairly quickly though to another place. I made a few approaches, talked to a few people. Talked to an older gal for a little while - she made a joke about her phone being nearly dead, I pulled my phone out and said I've got you beat and quoted some low percentage. At this point, a guy came over and started yelling at her, calling her a slew of names and *****ing her out for giving out her number (I didn't get it, nor did I want it - I was just being social).

I stayed out of the argument. I let a girl that was with us watch them, she said it was obviously an abusive situation but the girl made no attempt to get out of it. At some point I bounced to go meet some friends at a third bar, and ran into a birthday party, 21st, for a girl there.

My other friends and I worked that angle a little bit, I had a girl that was buying me drinks, she seemed very interested, seemed pretty cool actually. The group ended up leaving though while I wasn't watching, and I didn't even get to ask for her phone number. Ran into her friend later, I asked, and I was informed that she left to meet her boyfriend. Awkward. Also met up with Demonpenz again at this place, but he went home earlier than I.

Bounced back to the first bar I started at, and ran into a redhead girl I'd known a long time ago - she's now teaching flute w/ a music degree. Got her number, moved on, she's cute but I didn't want to take the time to work it.

Saw a duo eyeing me and my friends, and I just leaned over and asked how they were doing tonight. At this point I was getting quite drunk. One of them said she's not doing anything as she's meeting somebody in a half hour (banging another dude, evidently), but the other tagged along with us.

We headed home, my friend had a girl pick us up. Got way too crazy/dramatic here with that girl. Back at my friend's place, we had more shots. I ended up way too drunk and just passed out, the other girl passed out on the couch. She wasn't there when I woke up, so I'm assuming she got a ride home.. kinda feel bad as she came a long ways out with us only to get nothing.

Worst hangover I've ever had in the morning - couldn't hold food down till past 2pm or so, and I worked at 3pm. Awful. Going to stick with Demonpenz a bit more and keep the booze low-key.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work. The girl I saw the girl that wants to stab me. She seemed not interested but at least she talked to me a bit. Fun night. Next time I am dancing with a girl!! Period end of story. Walk on the dance.floor grab girl and.dance. Grow grow grow.