Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

parttime bootcamp and bulking?

Reaction score
i enlisted in the army reserves and now i am doing bootcamp training every weekend, basicly crappy food, not enough protein content, and only 3 hours of sleep on friday and saturday...

i am sure this has a harmful effect on my bulking, currently i workout on monday wednesday and fridays

but what can i do to minimize the damage? overeat during the week? overtrain? undertrain?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theory of knowledge said:
i enlisted in the army reserves and now i am doing bootcamp training every weekend, basicly crappy food, not enough protein content, and only 3 hours of sleep on friday and saturday...

i am sure this has a harmful effect on my bulking, currently i workout on monday wednesday and fridays

but what can i do to minimize the damage? overeat during the week? overtrain? undertrain?
work out Monday, Tuesday and Thursday because 3 hours sleep post-workout is gonna kill you. don't worry about overeating, just do the best you can.. the reserves won't last forever. gains will be somewhat reduced during this time but there's not a whole lot you can do about it unless you want to take food into the army with you. ride the wave until it's over.. how long's it last? it may be the ideal time to do a maintainance program or even quit working out for a while especially if you're doing physical activity on the weekends.

Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
work out Monday, Tuesday and Thursday because 3 hours sleep post-workout is gonna kill you. don't worry about overeating, just do the best you can.. the reserves won't last forever. gains will be somewhat reduced during this time but there's not a whole lot you can do about it unless you want to take food into the army with you. ride the wave until it's over.. how long's it last? it may be the ideal time to do a maintainance program or even quit working out for a while especially if you're doing physical activity on the weekends.
its going on until jan 27th, so its quite a bit of work.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its going on until jan 27th, so its quite a bit of work.
two months on a maintainance program isn't gonna hurt you any.

I don't think anyone should attempt to gain mass unless food and sleep can be properly configured, if they can't then just cut back on the training and just keep what you've got.

if you can take food into bootcamp and keep up with the eating and grab some more sleep when you can you can gain something.. but everything else really has to be perfect.

make some protein bars and eat them while you're there?

Reaction score
i could try that (sneak food in), but if i get caught i would have to stand sentry for the entire night

so you suggest i put off the bulking until its over?

originally i bulked up to 170lb but after bootcamp started in september i dropped down to 162, because i didn't excercise and was too tired to eat 6 meals a day during the week...seeing what happened, i suppose i have to force myself to bulk again. hence the question

thanks alex.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i could try that (sneak food in), but if i get caught i would have to stand sentry for the entire night

so you suggest i put off the bulking until its over?

originally i bulked up to 170lb but after bootcamp started in september i dropped down to 162, because i didn't excercise and was too tired to eat 6 meals a day during the week...seeing what happened, i suppose i have to force myself to bulk again. hence the question

thanks alex.
you can either risk it, or just put it off. having been in the army myself I know it's not worth the trouble to break regulations. however as a reservist it might be different?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i enlisted in the army reserves and now i am doing bootcamp training every weekend,

good god, why would you do that?