Paleolithic Lifestyle and Diet = Ideal

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think it's true that alot of the modern diseases stems from shyte like wheats,sugar,fine proccessed refined carbs (white bread,crackers,cereals) and other artificially colorfull mass produced crap. Though i would'nt suggest being a health food nut case or anything, i do think that a diet rich of natural foods to be the best one to follow;all kinds of meats,fats,veggies and some complex carbs like brown rice or potato.Personally i follow the warrior diet ,where you eat only once a day after fasting..it's proven to be an excellent diet for the past three years and has gotten me in the best shape of my life,also the healthiest.I am no mass monster or anything, nor do i want to be though

check this dudes diet out, he eats nothing but RAW and he looks to be in amazing shape :eek:

http://www.paullundkvist.com/74945.html :rockon:
dude,that's Viking!

i always enjoy a nice fat bloody rare steak, some steamed veggies and some good ol beer..may not be caveman,may not be viking..who cares? that shyte sure is GOOD! :yes:

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Most of them also died before their 40th birthday. When you say grains "came about" you mean they were domesticated. But they had to start with the wild grain. Plants can't be created from scratch.

It's a myth that paleo people ate mostly meat. You are buying into the foolish fad. They just want to sell books.

http://www.infozine.com/news/stories/op/storiesView/sid/5693/
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3222

I really hope you actually bother to read those two links. newscientist.com basically plays on the fact that humans probably scavenged on dead animals rather than kill them themselves, this doesn't refute the fact that their diets were mostly meats.

Furthermore, http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4122
an article by the same source points out that early human dental records show that they were evolved to eat meat.

infozone.com once again does nothing to refute early man's consumption of meat, but rather points out a new "theory" that he was perhaps more hunted himself.

Here are some actual sources supporting this type of eating

http://news.uns.purdue.edu/html4ever/020204.Watkins.paleo.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1342392.stm
http://www.westonaprice.org/traditional_diets/native_americans.html
http://www.beyondveg.com/nicholson-w/angel-1984/angel-1984-1a.shtml

The last link shows exactly why the lifespan was shorter, it is NOT because they were unhealthy

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2006/05/03/features_gohealthy-03hecavemandiet-05-03.html

This page shows how to convert modern life into a caveman's, only problem I see is the part about the grains. The author clearly isn't aware that grains didn't become a significant part of the diet until 10,000 years ago, NOT 50,000 according to any other source. Other than that, it seems pretty good.

http://www.applefamilyfarm.com/West...n/AboutTheFoundation/About the Foundation.htm
http://www.theecologist.org/archive_detail.asp?content_id=354

The above links is more for kicks than anything else. The research isn't fully cited but it's worth reading anyways.

Anyways, what this all boils down to. Following this type of eating plan is ideal for health. Regardless of whether you want to have good skin, cavity-free teeth, avoid most modern ailments, or just keep the hard earned weight off this is the way to go. I'm strictly speaking from my experience with this diet, and all I can say is that it is remarkable in every way, any health related problems I had were gone within the first month. Acne, disappeared completely, had 3 warts that I was using medication on for roughly 5 months with no lucky, gone. Even my track and cross-country times improved dramatically.

Just a warning though, it is initially pretty hard to get into. Give it a month before you get used to it. Eat plenty of fruits at first because your body is used to absurd amounts of calories from carbohydrates, then level off slowly. I eat about 200-300 grams of carbs each day, more than enough for sure.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For exactly 3/4 of a year now I've been eating/drinking NOTHING but meats/seafood (mostly fatty), fruits and veggies and nuts. That's it, every meal

Following this type of eating plan is ideal for health.

I'm glad you're healthier, but I don't think any fad diet can make the claim that it is the one ideal way of eating. People seem to go overboard on a diet that seizes upon exactly what a diverse species consumed tens of thousands of years ago. We are basing these far-reaching assumptions on a couple of fossilized turds. That's why there is so much variance between what different scientists claim; there's very little solid evidence to draw from. imo, opportunism is the controlling diet factor. Early man struggled to survive, and he made it because he ate anything he could obtain, like bugs and rotting corpses of other animals, including brains and intestines. I think the paleo diet romanticizes this time period.

We agree that the American diet is awful. If everyone ate like you, the US would be a lot healthier. But then the life expectancy would go up twenty years, and social security would go bankrupt. The government does not want people living a long time. Old people draw money off the system. Cigarettes, alcohol, and crappy food are what keep our old-age social welfare system afloat.

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. It IS impossible to know exactly what ancient people ate. However, this is probably the closest we'll ever come to emulating their eating habits. It is known that their diets consisted largely on animal protein, plants(modern day veggies), roots(tubers, modern day carrots/yams), and fruits. You take this one step further and you have a modern paleo diet by getting rid of grains and dairy completely.

As far as fad diets go, the caveman diet is one of the more obscure ones, but at the same time is backed with the most research by well-credited individuals. I eat this way NOT to lose weight, but to keep a healthy body for life.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With large game probably causing casualties among them, I'm sure hunting large game was out of the question.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
personaly my ideas and view points on diet and nutrition changed dramaticly,from the 6xa day bodybuilding lifestyle to vegetarism for a bit and now to incorperating into the warrior diet scedule..was looking into raw food,but then again - it would still be a huge limiting factor in my lifestyle..why? because organic is really expensive and trying to find the perfect foods ALL the time is time consuming and becomes tedious to do every single time i go out or everytime i want to eat something..i don't want to think to my self,grainfed,pasterized,no anti-botic,free range, organic,gluten free,perservative free etc..who cares? times a changin' and even if we don't compeltly evolve into tolorating the toxic sludge that the world consists of, we have to live with it and learn to survive on it-somehow.I'd rather be alive and have to deal with certain health risks associated with eating hamburgers or french fries on occasion but living a healthy and enjoyable life- rather then an obsessive compulsive existance worrying about food all the time! and you aren't always 'healthy' anyways, i know a guy that was clean as a whistle and he ate something like a hamburger once and he was sick for a week 'detoxing'..give me a break and toughen' up chief!

i thought the point of being healthy was to be able withstand sickness and getting ill..but to be done in by a bacon cheeze burger or a few tacos..give me a break, maybe being 'healthy' may not be the best thing after all.Sure it's no excuse to bulk up on doughnuts and cheeze cake or anything, but then again..i am not gonna loose my head over eating some ribs or some french fries, the way i see it - moderation and using common sense is key to good health..what works and what dosen't.I can't digest milk, or wheat..i don't eat it.Hard breads stuff me up, i avoid it..no biggie, knowing ones self and how you react to foods is better then all the tips in the world IMO.

living on 'chow' and 'pourage' isn't the best or healthiest thing to do..but i bet they have built some mighty soldiers in the past from it.Also look at inmates eating crap and yet are some of the biggest and meanest mofos around.IMO it's not what you eat that always makes one healthy but how one adapts to the foods and uses them as efficiantly as possibly for growth and fuel :up: either be it healthy or ..not soo healthy.:D

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
organizedconfusion said:
personaly my ideas and view points on diet and nutrition changed dramaticly,from the 6xa day bodybuilding lifestyle to vegetarism for a bit and now to incorperating into the warrior diet scedule..was looking into raw food,but then again - it would still be a huge limiting factor in my lifestyle..why? because organic is really expensive and trying to find the perfect foods ALL the time is time consuming and becomes tedious to do every single time i go out or everytime i want to eat something..i don't want to think to my self,grainfed,pasterized,no anti-botic,free range, organic,gluten free,perservative free etc..who cares? times a changin' and even if we don't compeltly evolve into tolorating the toxic sludge that the world consists of, we have to live with it and learn to survive on it-somehow.I'd rather be alive and have to deal with certain health risks associated with eating hamburgers or french fries on occasion but living a healthy and enjoyable life- rather then an obsessive compulsive existance worrying about food all the time! and you aren't always 'healthy' anyways, i know a guy that was clean as a whistle and he ate something like a hamburger once and he was sick for a week 'detoxing'..give me a break and toughen' up chief!

i thought the point of being healthy was to be able withstand sickness and getting ill..but to be done in by a bacon cheeze burger or a few tacos..give me a break, maybe being 'healthy' may not be the best thing after all.Sure it's no excuse to bulk up on doughnuts and cheeze cake or anything, but then again..i am not gonna loose my head over eating some ribs or some french fries, the way i see it - moderation and using common sense is key to good health..what works and what dosen't.I can't digest milk, or wheat..i don't eat it.Hard breads stuff me up, i avoid it..no biggie, knowing ones self and how you react to foods is better then all the tips in the world IMO.

living on 'chow' and 'pourage' isn't the best or healthiest thing to do..but i bet they have built some mighty soldiers in the past from it.Also look at inmates eating crap and yet are some of the biggest and meanest mofos around.IMO it's not what you eat that always makes one healthy but how one adapts to the foods and uses them as efficiantly as possibly for growth and fuel :up: either be it healthy or ..not soo healthy.:D

Huh, you don't need to eat all organic. It's probably best, but that's going to the extremes.

Just avoid grains and dairy, eat more meats, veggies and fruits. Personally, I would take being totally healthy and looking great all the time to giving into the American diets. I'm just showing those that are interested what the ideal human diet would look like and the results it would bring.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
being on the extreme end of the scale before, i know EXACTLY how it feels- that weird twinge and urge to check and wonder exactly what in this 'mystery substance' or worrying about additives and what not...i used to think i was being health concious..but i may have been on the obsessive compulsive side.. i wasn't even happy nor healthy really until i used what i learned instinctivy and just to go on my instincts of what i wanted to eat..i nearly got sick from eating whole wheat because it was supposed to be healthy for me and to avoid fats and meat because it was supposed to be bad also..but i lost soo much strength and size that way...now they say meat and fats aren't the real problem like once belived and it's actually total caloric input and trans fatty acids that are to blame..hhmm..oh well, i'll have my usual meal of meats,veggies ,some potatos or rice and some juice. i agree with you that the sensible diet is a way to go for good overall health...

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a guy a few years back who wrote a book called Neanderthin:Eat Like A Caveman that preached the same thing. No refined grains or sugary stuff, lots of fresh veggies, fruits and meat. it's just healthy eating! No big mystery!

And meat WAS a part of the cave diet. But they also ate things like mice, rats, frogs and anything else they could put their hands on. The BIG critters were harder to kill and took the whole group to bring down. Naturally they usually lost a man or two. This is why almost all of the neanderthal bones they find have healed breaks, hunting with a sharp stick is freaking dangerous!!!

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
There was a guy a few years back who wrote a book called Neanderthin:Eat Like A Caveman that preached the same thing. No refined grains or sugary stuff, lots of fresh veggies, fruits and meat. it's just healthy eating! No big mystery!

And meat WAS a part of the cave diet. But they also ate things like mice, rats, frogs and anything else they could put their hands on. The BIG critters were harder to kill and took the whole group to bring down. Naturally they usually lost a man or two. This is why almost all of the neanderthal bones they find have healed breaks, hunting with a sharp stick is freaking dangerous!!!

:crackup: i don't know why but i found that humorous...it's braught up soo casual like -'ah, it's no big deal we just lost a man or two but we did manage a wooly mammoth for dinner!'. i actually read that book Neanderthin and the historical part about refined sugars and carbs was an interesting chapter..it's always strange to read about all the food stuff in todays world ,high fructose corn syrup,refined bleached wheat flour,maltodextrin,corn syrup solids..makes me want to go cavemean:crazy:

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought i'd add a tidbit i remembered, that reminded me of this thread.

you know how pregnant women often crave weird foods? the old staple, pickles and ice cream, for instance. a doctor once said that this craving was actually a biological response to a nutritional need. whatever a pregnant woman was craving, she actually needed nutritionally, her body knew it and craved that specific food item.

i'd also heard similar advice regarding hangovers. my doctor used to say "whatever you're craving when you're hung over, eat it. if you're craving a big mac and fries, your body might need it to recover."
subsequently, that's how i discovered my miracle hangover remedy: fried chicken! i was craving fried chicken when i was hung over, ate some, and felt better in a little over an hour. :)

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
reyalp said:
i thought i'd add a tidbit i remembered, that reminded me of this thread.

you know how pregnant women often crave weird foods? the old staple, pickles and ice cream, for instance. a doctor once said that this craving was actually a biological response to a nutritional need. whatever a pregnant woman was craving, she actually needed nutritionally, her body knew it and craved that specific food item.

i'd also heard similar advice regarding hangovers. my doctor used to say "whatever you're craving when you're hung over, eat it. if you're craving a big mac and fries, your body might need it to recover."
subsequently, that's how i discovered my miracle hangover remedy: fried chicken! i was craving fried chicken when i was hung over, ate some, and felt better in a little over an hour. :)
I've actually thought about this before. Your body only knows "sweet= carbs" "meat taste = protein and fat." This is because through hundreds of thousands of years, these were the only available food sources. Your body can't recognize processed foods that came about 200 years-ago, take coca-cola for example, it just thinks you're drinking natural fruit juice or honey. So when you crave soda you're actually craving carbs, this does NOT mean you should go out and guzzle a 2-liter of Pepsi like that doctor would recommend. Instead, you should go out and eat something sweet like some berries or natural honey.

Your body's natural response to show you that you shouldn't be eating something is two fold. Firstly, food SHOULD taste like garbage, making you NOT want to eat it. This was the case 10,000 years-ago before artificial flavor. Now you can mask foods your taste buds would normally reject, like soda. Secondly, your body shows symptoms of illness from you eating certain foods, like milk. You developing diabetes from eating too much refined carbs is nature's way of telling you to stop. Likewise, you getting bowel disease from eating garbage is another way of telling you to stop.

Americans tend to overlook these symptoms and can’t seem to recognize the fact that their health is shot because of the way they eat.

There's too much toxic food that tastes good out there. No longer can people just go off their taste buds, but must actually avoid modern foods. ONLY then can you go off instinct and eat whatever you crave.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
They died before their 40th birthdays because they lacked the medical care that we do. If we didnt have all this medicine and stuff keeping us alive, we'd be dead well before that.

What makes you so sure that its a myth?

If their diets were so awesome why did they need the medical care? I mean i eat well and never go to the doctor or get sick. Usually infancy is the most dangerous part of life then once you survive that you're pretty set.

Just a question... not meant to imply agreement or disagreement with either side of this issue.

Btw from what i've read before is that tooth decay is caused by refined sugar and before the 20th century we didn't really get cavities because sugary food wasnt part of the normal diet like we have these days with 30 cans of soda a day.

Oh and we started as scavengers before hunters i believe. Agriculture followed.

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
If their diets were so awesome why did they need the medical care? I mean i eat well and never go to the doctor or get sick. Usually infancy is the most dangerous part of life then once you survive that you're pretty set.

Just a question... not meant to imply agreement or disagreement with either side of this issue.

Btw from what i've read before is that tooth decay is caused by refined sugar and before the 20th century we didn't really get cavities because sugary food wasnt part of the normal diet like we have these days with 30 cans of soda a day.

Oh and we started as scavengers before hunters i believe. Agriculture followed.

1.)Infant mortality was 20-30%, this is factored into statistics.

2.)Tons of casualties from warefare and hunting, if you got seriously hurt there's no hospital to sew you up.

3.)Early death among women was way higher than men because of the stress of childhood coupled with nomadic lifestyle. Picture moving tons of miles weekly, gathering food all day, AND at the same time being pregnant.

4.)"The best explanation for relatively short [Paleolithic] life span is the combination of stresses of nomadism, climate, and warfare. The latter is especially clear in the Jebel Sahaba population, where projectile wounds affecting bone are very common and 'almost half the population probably died violently.' [Wendorf 1968]" (pp. 59-60) [Note: violence/trauma as a major cause of death was also true of the Mesolithic as well.]

5.) Seasons where gathering was difficult and extended periods w/o any food.

Native Americans had this exact problem, but those that did survive into their 60's were documented to absolute perfect health. How many old people do you see today w/o a single health related issue?

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I wouldn't discount the findings of ALL diets to date.

Diets like "Fat Flush", highlight the benefits of cleasning your liver and colon to reignite your fat burning system.

A Diet like the "Warrior Diet", highlights how early man focused on good fats, proteins, filling up, eating when his sympathetic and parasympathetic systems notified him to do so, and how carbs, and frequent over-eating cause up to slow down.

Bodybuilders own experimentations on themselves have highlighted the benefit of eating more than 2-3 times a day SPREAD out, and how eating too many meals can be excessive, tiresome, expensive, boring, difficult, or beneficial.

To the extreme, the Atkins diet how carbs, fake carbs, empty carbs, and low protein are harming americans, while high fats and high carbs are also harming them. A balance must be struck. But this diet has its faults, too. As do all diets.

The Paleolithic Diet appears as if its a slight spin on all the other one's, filling a niche not yet filled but current dieting systems. The one problem ALL diets have income common is their philosophy. Diet, as understood by ANY person, speaks that it's SHORT-TERM. For a specific purpose, and once achieved, is no longer valid. It's the programming and the presentation of any diet that lends itself to failure.

However, I do not think we, the board, can sit here and debate the merits of early man and his diet. Aside from medical science which has value in that it helps in emergency situations, medical science hasn't done much but to confound nutrition. Many agencies, those of the GOV specifically, review the chemicals we ingest, and pass a good many of them through, even though they shouldn't have passed. Furthermore, who's to say what's true of early man's diet?

We don't know early many, except from history, and history is written by the winner, with the purpose of control, and of portraying evil events in a positive, necessary light, so I'm a very big skeptic, right from the History books in high school, all the way to anything based on EARLY man. For all we know, we could be a race of men transplanted century, millenia ago, escaping a ravaged planet, and everything we know to be true is 100% false. Bigger lies have been told. That said, in the fashion of AynRand, one must use CURRENT and KNOWN facts to determine and mold reality.

-----------------

Blending what is KNOWN, we get...

1. The average American gets sufficient protein, but from poor sources. Most Americans get protein from burgers, steaks, and fatty fast food joints, or pasta meals. All very dense in calories, and carbs.

2. The average American eats a diet high in carbohydrates, preservatives, fruit juices, and low in healthy fats, like Fish Oils/Omega 3's, etc.

3. The average American eats a diet chock full of stimulants and nutrient-lacking food, very much empty of vegetables. Today, most get 1 serving, if that, because so few eat MANY meals, that if they do eat, they eat veggies at one meal.

4. The average American, the human who consumes the most UN-natural food, but also the most prescription meds AND lives on the shortest lifespans of top-ranked countries, does relatively LITTLE work on a consistent basis, RARELY walking.

Take a look around at all the takeout meals, the largest sections of grocery stores, and what people put in their carts. What people have on them from time to time. I see more Dunkin Donuts cups in trash bins and cars them large bottles of water. I see more sections dedicated to carbs in general, and unnaturally made food products which provide NO nutrients to the human being, than I do NATURAL foods chock full of nutrients. MOST aisles at a supermarket are over-stuffed with carb products:

*Pasta
*Juice
*Chips
*Soda
*Cereal
*Sugar, Coffee (Stimulants)
*Bread, Bagels
*Additives, like Ketchup, Mayo, etc

In most cases, people would be behooved to stay on the OUTSIDE of a supermarket, at the dairy section, with eggs, tofu, and cottage cheeses, or soy milk. At the Produce section with nuts, veggies and berry-fruits. Even the water is on the outside of the section, too. Lastly, meats, chicken, chicken-sausages, fish, etc. Everything IN BETWEEN is OK to enjoy once in a while, but regular doses TOTALLY fvkc with your body chemistry and internal organs. Maybe your body can handle it, but if you're trying to burn fat TODAY, and you're ingesting something not easy to digest or assimilate, the body will cease that task and focus on excreting that new indigestible product. Hence, indigestion, gas, gramps, non-digest food, and non regular bowel movements.

And speaking of...

How regular are your bowel movements?

If sufficiently drinking water, it should be every 1-2 hours. Think about it, urine-wise, your body produces toxins ALL the time. All acts of the cells are doing are producing toxins, even stress, or the toxins with inhale, need to be ridded of the body.

If it's food, each MEAL pushes shyt along until it comes it, so if you're consuming 6 decent meals, it should be 2-3 times a day. Most Americans go DAYS. What do you think this does to your insides? Dogs go MANY times a day, and they only eat food for their size. So respectively speaking, a human being with a long track, yet many frequent meals would WANT to go, since any food sitting inside is damaging you, stopping any healthy processes, and polluting you.

It isn't a nice topic, but it's true. In and out. When you consume GOOD foods, digestive enyzmes are IN the food, so they easily come in and go out. They easily provide necessary nutrients to the body, and then leave. Ones without digestive enzymes must KICK up massive acids quantities, which is bad (i.e ulcers, indigestion, acid reflux, etc). This raises the acidity of the body, and can invite disease.

---------------------

If you eat a cheat meal, you eat a cheat meal. However, doing so many times a week, with all the pollutants in existent already is only damning to the body.

The true foundation as observed from what works and what doesn't work, seems to be:

Nuts (Almonds, etc) + Veggies + meats/fish + whole fruit (not juices) + SOME whole grains (1 meal or so, maybe 2, if you're active or thinner).

When I was consuming Salmon and salad which I enjoy, I slimmed down like crazy. And I was satiated but not stuffed or sluggish. I got too thin, as some girls said, and family, but it worked. I still cheated. But I was consistent.

Diets don't work. And I don't think any one book is the bible either for our body's. How we eat is too complex to be defined by one theory. Activity, genetics, lifestyle, desires, family, goals, health all become players in the equation.

To say that BECAUSE early man did this, WE MUST also is false. Early many also used stones and sticks, instead of hammers and malets and screwdrivers. Do you want to be primitive or advanced? If we truly are from early man (though I have reservations about this), then we EVOLVE, improve, and grow on his, their, and our ancestors findings. What did we learn? What has changed?

*We consume more meds, though people are more sick than ever.
Potential Cause: Disease/bacteria evolve. Our bodies are weak because of diet, and that invites illness. Prescription meds only cause disease to EVOLVE and learn how to beat us again. And with meds, you're only beating the symptom, never the source.

*We consume more carbs, though our activity levels are lower.
Potential Cause: We work less physically demanding jobs, yet we eat more energy dense foods. Suggestion: Eat less energy dense foods, and eat more dense foods, like apples, or protein sources. Either one fills you up, but doesn't containt massive quanitites of calories. Until you're very active, don't consume high amounts of carbs. Your body will tell you when you need sugar, and it shouldn't come from something that would kill your pancreas leading to diabetes. Fruit juices are bad because you consume more sugar relative to the actual fruit you would eat. If 1 apple is 100 or so calories, it's easy to have 200 calories of juice, plus the juice lacks the enzymes, lacks the fibers, and lacks the actual nutrients.

*We don't walk as much.
Potential Cause: We're told to jog, run, or buy eliptical trainers. Yet, the sun gives us Vitamin D, makes us happy, and being outside is natural. Clears our pores, etc. Ever wonder why most fat on guys, or girls, doesn't accumulate in the legs? We store it on our chest or stomach, BECAUSE, if we needed to be fat, WE still have to walk and travel. Otherwise, we'd spread it all over. Even a woman will get fat around her hips waste MORE than her legs. The legs are still mostly muscle, regardless of size. Yet, the waste will be mostly fat. People litterally have TONS of untapped potential energy all on their belly, but it goes unused. Sprinting works, too, but walking outside has MANY benefits NOT had indoors doing any training. No wonder seniors who walk outside regulaly live longer.

--------------------

I could go on, as I have already, but there aren't solid guidelines yet as to WHAT would specifically work. It's a constant method of TESTING.

A-Unit

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to have to side with NewDude on this one.

The earliest humans based a large part of their diet on hunting. Meat wasn't the ONLY stuff they ate, but it was likely split about 60-40 between hunted foods, and gathered foods. It is no myth that cavemen ate meat, they just didn't have it available to them every day. Meat was only available to eat maybe once a week, if that, because of the challenge of hunting, but when they got meat, they loaded up on it, and the proteins the meat provided was a very important factor in the growth of the human brain.

Why do you think they find so many sharp tools, arrow points, and spears from 100,000 years ago? Yeah, cause they were hunting bananas with their 12-inch long razor-sharp rocks :crackup:

Come on, I've taken several classes of college level Physical Anthropology and Human Evolution classes, and the early humans were most definitely nomadic hunter-gatherers. The word 'hunter' is often used first, because that was their core food source.

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
A Unit, what I'm advocating is a lifestyle rather than a traditional "fad" "quick fix" diet.

I think everyone can recognize that our genetics have NOT evolved in the past 10,000 years. We are practically identical to our hunter-gatherer ancestors in every way. There's evidence to support this in the links I posted earlier. Natural selection works over a MUCH longer time frame.

I have to admit that there are areas of the world where dairy has been a very large diet staple for many many generations. These areas have been shown to have a larger percentage of people who are able to process dairy products. Natural selection is SLOWELY weeding out people that can't tolerate today's dairy, refined sugars, and artificial foods. However, it will be another 500,000 years before natural selection leaves only those people that can eat this garbage and live healthily.

We are more technologically advanced, obviously, but our bodies are clearly not evolving at the same rate as our technology. You might be one of those people that are able to tolerate crapload of sweets, processed milk, and while flower without any noticeable problems, but you would be 1 in 1,000. For the rest of us, we can fall back on what we were supposed to eat.

On a sidenote, I can actually gain weight pretty easily with this diet. The trick is to eat more fruits, nuts, and fatty meat. The calories I consume now are roughly = to what I was eating before, I just eat better quality calories.

To answer your question A Unit, I usually eat a handful of walnuts or almonds before I go to sleep and end up waking up and taking a crap daily. So, once a day for sure, usually twice. It's pretty easy having regular bowel movements when your fiber intake is absurdly high from all the veggies, nuts, and fruits.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I'm with you on it, and considering buying the book, to expand already too large library. However, as one who is now considered a labeled "Nihilist, Conspiracy Theorist, And Idealist," I understand what it's like to introduce new ideas, especially "novel" ones.

I have found myself BETTER on Almonds and Walnuts, on Salad, on Meats, some Chicken, Fish (not normally Tuna though, Salmon, etc). Again, when you eat QUALITY, you don't need lots of QUANTITY. So I'm with you. I decreased my fruit intake of juices, and some of the more sugary fruits.

It should make sense that changing diet will dramatically effect body composition AND internal health status. That should be quite self evident.

A-Unit

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think your health has improved because you stopped eating dairy and grains. It improved because you stopped eating junkfood and soda.

Come on people, use some common sense here :rolleyes: