Paleolithic Lifestyle and Diet = Ideal

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta run off to work in 5 minutes so I'll make this quick, get some feedback and then post more research and thoughts on this when I get back.

For exactly 3/4 of a year now I've been eating/drinking NOTHING but meats/seafood (mostly fatty), fruits and veggies and nuts. That's it, every meal (4 of them), furthermore, I drink NOTHING but water....and even that is limited. You may think this is easy, think again, I'm willing to bet MOST of your diet wouldn't fall into those categories.

Results: NEVER gotten ANY type of sickness, not even a headache or stomach problem of any type. NO trouble sleeping, and my energy levels doubled. My acne went away within a month, my skin developed a nice healthy glow. I became more musclular without adding any more exercise. I could go on and on.

Well, I gotta run, I'll post some more as to why this all works after I get back. Google "Paleo diet Cordain" and read his views on it too. Post some feedback if you have had any experience with this.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm. I wouldnt mind this diet. It does sound extremely 'strict' though. Do you ever have a cheat day?

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's what i have been doing also, it's cool to see young people into this kind of stuff! i have been on the Warrior diet schedule while eating 'caveman' as well.For the first three years i have been eating nothing but rare steaks/beef,oysters,grilled chicken with the skin,organic pork/beef sauceages,as well as my share of raw veges and fruits.No vitamins anymore, though i used to take centrum and some other one.thinking about going all raw but still doing my research on it.for me, i do have cheat days right before the day i work out (once a week) and it would be pizza or burgers and fries and a soda. my health is great overall and now i have been looking into doing liver/gallbladder flushes and colon cleansing as well to keep everything tip top.
i just did a liver/gallbladder cleanse and got about a few dozen liver/gallbladder STONES out of me! trust me, i thought i was clean..squeeky clean, but i did the cleanse just in case..boy was i wrong! my liver/gallbladder was soo congested and i had no idea!

as far as the paleo way to go , i am all for it!

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not going to trust the guy simply because he can't even figure out that the 10,000 years ago date he refers to was the Mesolithic age, not Paleolithic, cuz I'm a dork like that. :D

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's the name of the diet type, also known as a 'caveman' diet..but i don't recommend you going into a store and clubbing someone over the head for a peice of steak..spear him..spear him to death..it's always better
:D

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doggcrapp eluded to this. Look at Sumo Wrestlers. They don't work out. Yet it's proven they have more muscle mass than bodybuilders. Powerlifters have more than BB's as well. Where do BB's lack most? Diet. If you eat healthy, it's no surprise your body will reflect it. Working out only speeds up the process, and utilizes all of the diet.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Cavemen" actually ate hardly any meat. Humans evolved as wandering hunter/gatherers, but most of it was gathering. Some groups that lived near water would have eaten fish and shellfish, but most of the early human diet was vegetarian and grain-based. It's simply easier to pick food than to hunt and kill it. Also, pre-agricultural man got about ten percent of his calories from insects, which is conveniently left out of this diet.

I looked at the paleodiet.com site and it reeks of junk science. They want to sell a fad. This diet is still healthier than what most Americans eat, but that's because the average diet is so horribly unhealthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleodiet

Reaction score
Nobody said:
Doggcrapp eluded to this. Look at Sumo Wrestlers. They don't work out. Yet it's proven they have more muscle mass than bodybuilders. Powerlifters have more than BB's as well. Where do BB's lack most? Diet. If you eat healthy, it's no surprise your body will reflect it. Working out only speeds up the process, and utilizes all of the diet.
Of COURSE they have more muscle mass than bodybuilders! Imagine if you were 600lbs! It's like wearing a 300lb suit! You've got to have alot of muscle to lug that crap along with you... not to mention fight in a ring.

As for powerlifters: they just have denser muscle. They do not have more. In many cases its actually less.

Get your facts straight.

Reaction score
NewDude001 said:
I gotta run off to work in 5 minutes so I'll make this quick, get some feedback and then post more research and thoughts on this when I get back.

For exactly 3/4 of a year now I've been eating/drinking NOTHING but meats/seafood (mostly fatty), fruits and veggies and nuts. That's it, every meal (4 of them), furthermore, I drink NOTHING but water....and even that is limited. You may think this is easy, think again, I'm willing to bet MOST of your diet wouldn't fall into those categories.

Results: NEVER gotten ANY type of sickness, not even a headache or stomach problem of any type. NO trouble sleeping, and my energy levels doubled. My acne went away within a month, my skin developed a nice healthy glow. I became more musclular without adding any more exercise. I could go on and on.

Well, I gotta run, I'll post some more as to why this all works after I get back. Google "Paleo diet Cordain" and read his views on it too. Post some feedback if you have had any experience with this.
So what you are saying is:

Translation:
I stopped eating fries and deep fried **** and sugar and junk food and guess what??!! I feel great!

WELL YEAH!!

Good job.

Dont forget to get some carbs here and there.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
brucevangeorge said:
Of COURSE they have more muscle mass than bodybuilders! Imagine if you were 600lbs! It's like wearing a 300lb suit! You've got to have alot of muscle to lug that crap along with you... not to mention fight in a ring.

As for powerlifters: they just have denser muscle. They do not have more. In many cases its actually less.

Get your facts straight.

Bodybuilders at the highest levels, often have close to 250lbs of muscle on their frame. Powerlifters, I don't know about. However, I'm not aware that muscle can be more "dense" than other skeletal muscles. It might be possible, but I'm not sure. Powerlifters muscle is more functional, generally speaking, than bodybuilders because bodybuilders isolate a lot. Powerlifters thrive on compound movements.

NewDude001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
"Cavemen" actually ate hardly any meat. Humans evolved as wandering hunter/gatherers, but most of it was gathering. Some groups that lived near water would have eaten fish and shellfish, but most of the early human diet was vegetarian and grain-based. It's simply easier to pick food than to hunt and kill it. Also, pre-agricultural man got about ten percent of his calories from insects, which is conveniently left out of this diet.

I looked at the paleodiet.com site and it reeks of junk science. They want to sell a fad. This diet is still healthier than what most Americans eat, but that's because the average diet is so horribly unhealthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleodiet

WOW :crackup:

You must be kidding me, cavemen hardly ate any meats..... Please Please find a source for this, your wikipedia supports what Cordain writes. It is well documented and accepted that the MAJORITY of the diet of ancient people consisted of meat and fish. Grains didn't come about AT ALL until the last 10,000 years. I don't know where you get your info, but be a little realistic. Hunting game and following wildlife was what made these people's lives go round, you can't possibly think they sat down and raised grains for bread? They were certainly nomadic.

Anyways, the whole premise for this diet is very simple. Hunter gatherer tribes have always had incredible health and physiques. Early native Americans living primarily off game and veggies had absolutely NO cases of cancer, obesity, acne, tooth decay, or diabetes. Tooth records show that these people had perfectly straight teeth without any presence or history of cavities (keep in mind, they didn't brush their teeth or have braces as children). Even their faces and bodies were nearly perfectly proportionate.

I firmly believe that the majority of humans are far uglier and more out of shape than nature intended. Genetically, we were programmed to continue to eat game meat. Switching over to dairy and grains basically threw off evolution, and ended up destroying our bodies. Today, the average person is an overweight unattractive woman with acne scars and rotten teeth. This is not what biology intended.

I suppose you could fight the symptoms by paying a dentist thousands of dollars, going to a dermatologist for drugs, and exercising daily to try to counterbalance the crap you ate. Wouldn't it be simpler just eat to our genetics and avoid all these problems to begin with?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NewDude001 said:
WOW :crackup:

You must be kidding me, cavemen hardly ate any meats..... Please Please find a source for this. It is well documented and accepted that the MAJORITY of the diet of ancient people consisted of meat and fish. Grains didn't come about AT ALL until the last 10,000 years. I don't know where you get your info, but be a little realistic. Hunting game and following wildlife was what made these people's lives go round, you can't possibly think they sat down and raised grains for bread? They were certainly nomadic.

I agree. There was no possible way that a nomadic race could find enough fruits, vegetables and grains to sustain themselves. They were HUNTERS, and then gatherers. Never do you see illustrations of cavemen picking wheat. Mostly you see them on the hunt. Cave walls are littered with pictures of large game and the hunters who pursued them. Meat was the most abundant source of food for them.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They died before their 40th birthdays because they lacked the medical care that we do. If we didnt have all this medicine and stuff keeping us alive, we'd be dead well before that.

What makes you so sure that its a myth?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyways, the whole premise for this diet is very simple. Hunter gatherer tribes have always had incredible health and physiques. Early native Americans living primarily off game and veggies had absolutely NO cases of cancer, obesity, acne, tooth decay, or diabetes. Tooth records show that these people had perfectly straight teeth without any presence or history of cavities (keep in mind, they didn't brush their teeth or have braces as children). Even their faces and bodies were nearly perfectly proportionate.
LOL you need to stop getting your info from Disney movies.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pocahontas was a babe lol

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The early man as a vicious hunter is a myth based on our own pride and manly associations with hunting. Eary humans were more likely to eat the abandoned remains of another animal's kill or an animal that died of other causes. The amount of skill and energy that it takes to bring down large game is just too much to accomplish. Any hunting would have been very simple, like picking up shellfish and fish in shallow water. They also ate a lot of bugs, because they are easy to catch.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That would still be meat, am I correct? I'm assuming you meant it's a myth that they hunted large game.