Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online Personals (Merged threads)

corruptrelic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Apocalypse since I've had a lot of success with online dating as well.
Of course people lie that happens anywhere you go anyway.

The only problem I've met with online dating is weight, a lot of women lie about it. (They might say "145" but end up being 180.)
The Edge isn't building up your confidence the way to win the dating game? By any means necessary?
Its not a matter of just ONE woman, its a matter of every woman you meet.
For example if you are a shy guy and havent had much success (or havent even tried) approaching women before, by some miracle are you going to get lucky? Without confidence of course not. Following the "hi" program of course helps but you shoudn't be afraid to use any means available to you to get confidence. So you meet girl 1, you are shy when you meet. You talk to her with no expecations (meaning you really dont care what the outcome is, "rejection" is just a word) she sees your shy and says she just wants to be friends.. if shes fat or unattractive, take her up on the offer.. but if shes fine and you like her, better to let her go than stick around with someone who you dont have a chance with. (Thats not a good situation hanging out with a girl who you want to be with and she doesnt feel the same way.)
After you meet her, you realize this is just an every day girl, why cant you do this in person instead?
After a few girls you slowly begin to build confidence and arent so worried about meeting girls anymore, you stopped caring about the outcome and you feel good meeting new people, if you meet a fat girl shes going to give you an ego boost since you're pretty much the first time in her life.. "You're so hot!" Even from a fat girl that's the kind of fuel you need for more attractive women. If a girl doesn't like you, her loss.. you have plenty more in line.

The point of that is that was me, over a year ago. I met almost 20 girls (lost count) last year, I also signed up with match.com - but I went with the numbers.
I emailed EVERY girl in south florida. Even the ones without pictures. Some of them lied sure, but thats why you set the date ASAP. You dont stick around as chat buddies and "just talk" and wind up being friends without meeting first.
I had a good profile, had 3 pictures up, and out of the 500 or so women I emailed, about 100 of them replied. Out of that 100, I met about 20 in the real world. Some turned out to be fat (who cares, its just practice!) and I never spent more than $3.00 on any of these dates.
So why didnt I get a girlfriend out of all of this? Well.. lol I got something even worse, one-ites. Since I never found this site before I really figured I was just meeting and not getting any emotions involved, until I met someone who I really clicked with.
Thats for another story but because of her, the women I met before and after her I just coudn't give chances to because I only wanted her.

More to the point of all of this is, now, over a year later, I dont feel uncomfortable at all approaching a woman who I've never seen before. Sure sometimes the old shyness kicks in usually when its a 9+ but I dont let that stop me. Its just walking up and saying "Hi" and seeing where it goes from there. I'm back to meeting girls online, in person, and from mutual friends. That's 3 ways and I dont stick to just one of them. But I know for a fact that if I hadn't tired online dating, then I'd still be living in a cave. Its online dating that opens the door to the real world, but you have to be careful and keep emotions out of it. Like Apo said dont think a girl is "the one" just from emailing her. Dont think that ever actually.. let her be the one to think that.

Ownerofalonelyheart (it might be good for your self esteem if you change your handle , no offense meant but if you keep thinking something long enough, even if it isnt true, you create this false image in your mind that it's true. everything is in your mind, so why not change your handle to "happyheart" lol sounds stupid but hey.. if I went around posting everywhere with lonelyheart, I really might start to believe in and then feel depressed - just a suggestion) about the girls you meet online dont "just talk" send a few emails that are ****y & funny and be romantic (in a fun way) with them. Get them to WANT to meet you. If a girl doesnt want to meet you, then tell her she's wasting your time and you're going to go meet someone else. She'll either accept that or if you caught her attention online, she'll change her mind and meet you.
The last girl (about 2 weeks ago) who said it was "too soon" to meet I asked her if she believed in fate, if certain things were meant to be. Considering almost all women believe in fate she said yes, blah blah.. (done over the course of about 3 emails - no instant messages I keep away from them) always talking to her in the "you" terms.
I was curious if you believe in things like fate, that certain things are just meant to be. You know, where you meet meet a guy for the first time and everything feels right?
Talking like that is MUCH better in person since you cant be using kino on her as well, but if its to get her to meet you, you have to make her want to meet.
When the girl said she believed in fate I replied by saying I gave it my best shot to meet her but I guess this just wasn't meant to be because if it was, she would want to meet. But no worries I'm talking to a few other women, we can still be online buddies and we were never meant to be anything more than friends.
She changed her mind in the next email and said she didnt want to be just friends but she understood what I meant, but she hoped I would still meet her maybe this week and hoped it wasn't too late.
Since I'm broke I coudn't meet her (ran out of money for even gas! I went without work for almost 2 months) and so I haven't replied to that email yet, she sent another one asking for anohter chance but as you can see, its giving her plenty of time to think and miss me, even though we haven't met..

So owner like apoc said stick with the numbers, you cant email one girl and wonder if she might reply or not.. thats putting all your hope into one woman.
Since you paid $25 for a month of access, why not get your moneys worth? Email EVERY girl in your local area. Who cares if they dont look good? Practice.. dont tell them that but however you look at it, women who dont look good aren't used to having a guy being interested in them. You could tell a fat girl shes beautiful in person and she'll fall in love with you just because you're the only guy in her life who said that. I had a fat girl (250 pounds!) fall for me because of that, but I used her (among others) as practice.. and when you feel confident (however you get it) you look it as well, and people see that in you.

Good luck and there really is NOTHING wrong with online dating! Just set the date ASAP so you dont end up being online chat buddies.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by corruptrelic
I agree with Apocalypse since I've had a lot of success with online dating as well.
Of course people lie that happens anywhere you go anyway.
First of all I apologize for not reading your entire post. The first few statements were pro online dating, so I scrolled down to the reply button.

Secondly, I tried to let him know that this was not a flame, but more of an attack at the flaws of Online Dating.

I have never said that Online dating never works.. Heck some people love talking to Jennifer Lopez online and then have to put up with fukkyng Rosie O'Donnell when they meet.

All I was trying to do, was to light a fire under his ass. I asked him to go outside and meet people...PHYSICALLY and UPFRONT!!!

I refuse to restate my points as they are available for review.
However, I will say this; regardless of how long and short you email some chykk online... When you guys decide to meet.....you start all over again, regardless of how suave you came across online.

What's the fukkynn point??! Pure unadulterated laziness IMO!!

Here let me end this bickering for you...Lets agree to disagree!!!

The Edge 'Some have it, and some don't'

corruptrelic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Edge talk about laziness..! You should always keep an open mind. I read your post before coming to any conclusions and I respectuflly disagree with you, nothing against you of course.

Maybe you had a bad experience with online dating. Have you ever had an experience where maybe you approached a girl and she was a b1tch? It didn't go like you thought it would.. but did that make you give up? Or do you go on playing the game, not letting one or two little things get in the way?

I agree with you of talking online you shoudn't do it.. lol talking to jennifer lopez online and meeting and she's rosie odonnel. Well how long were you talking online? If I meet a girl I set the date in the second (if not first) email. If she refuses, bye.. and the way I say "bye" is by using words like fate, meant to be, etc. Almost always they change their mind, and a girl who was once saying "its too soon" is already changing her mind in the next email. And how long did we get to know eachother? One email, no instant messages. Thats not so hard.
The online world and the real world are completely different I agree completely. But I really see nothing wrong with meeting someone online, exchanging pictures, and then meeting after a few emails are exchanged. Its just another form of practice, another way to build up (or maintain) your confidence.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of you guys said it already, so all I can add is that if you recognize the limitations, pitfalls, land mines, etc., which is really no problem, online dating works like crazy.

For you newbies, poke around the site on this forum and in "Tips" for threads covering dating online. There's some solid, field tested stuff in there.

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online Personals

Do you guys think that the personals should be used even if there are other "avenues" to meet girls? (aka college, bars, etc) Im registered in lavalife.com but im not too sure if i want to actually pursue it..i suppose its the social stigma surrounding these things..like only geeks use it or something..Im definitely saying im not the MACK in the real world..but still i feel apprehensive.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
For the umpteenth time I've said it on here, yes, online personals work great. There are techniques and tactics that can definitely boost your success in online dating right here on the forum. Rummage around in this section and the Tips area.

Does online dating have a stigma? Not like it used to, certainly. There's very little stigma to speak of these days. It's accepted as a normal, if not superior avenue to meet people.

Also, I suggest that you dump that lavalife.com membership and move over to Match.com. They're the biggest in the field. When it comes to online dating sites, size matters!

Again -- I neither work for, nor (other than as a member) have anything to do with Match.com. I've tried numerous other dating sites, and Match beats them all by a wide margin.

The Irish Tongue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I pretty much agree, the stigma is all but gone except in the computer retarded circles of people.

I haven't had any experience with match.com but have perused the site and it looks like its well run. However, I have had good success with the newer places like www.facethejury.com and www.hotornot.com/m meeting place. They aren't dating oriented sites, but give an avenue to meet women in much the same way. Start small talk, learn about eachother and if the chemistry exists meet up in real life.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Irish Tongue
I pretty much agree, the stigma is all but gone except in the computer retarded circles of people.......Start small talk, learn about eachother and if the chemistry exists meet up in real life.
So you admit that everything prior to meeting the individual in person is not real-life..... right????

The Edge 'Some have it, and some don't'

Unruly4Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, doesn't anyone know how to use the "search" feature?

** sigh **

Cheers.

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK so i found a few girls (who dont have a picture posted) that im going to mail... How do you go about doing that? You cant pull the C&F routine online because its different..whats the best way to get the attention of a girl who probably has 50 other messages from all the other AFC's in there?

I know i can probably hook up some type of meeting..but for some reason i wouldnt be able to help feeling embarassed walkin in some place and checking out a girl your meeting online..if she was ugly id probably turn around lol.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Edge
So you admit that everything prior to meeting the individual in person is not real-life..... right????
It's real life from the standpoint that you are interacting with a real person on the other end, albeit online.

If the online interaction continues ad infinitum, then of course it's not real life. Who needs that? Ugh.

In my case, I don't let the online stuff go beyond one or two e-mails and a brief phone convo.

Then it's get a real date and from that point on it's in the flesh.

mikezal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Match.com, getting replies?

Well, I posted an AD on there about 6 months ago, and 639 people have viewed my, what they saw of it I dont know, but what I do know is that I have gotten 5 responses. I dont know if there are alot of cheap girls out here or what, or if they dont like what I say. I should put down that I make 100000 a year instead of being a student and see if my luck changes. What have been your expereinces with match.com? Have you guys been getting alot of replies, in comparision to how many people have viewed your page?

violator

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I tried that site like a year ago just for kicks for several months. I got maybe 8 or 10 replies and ended up dating two girls none of whom I liked.

My general impression is that many of the women are not up to my standards. That is the reason I never bothered to renew my ad and got turned off to online dating in general.

As to your idea of changing your ad to reflect a high income, I would not recommend that. You would only succeed in attracting gold diggers. I am an attorney with fairly good looks so I am surprised that I got so few responses. My brother on the other hand is bald and on the plump side with a normal job, yet he gets a fair number of responses on a weekly basis. But the typical girl he ends up dating are the ones I avoid: needy single mothers or psycho bytches with abused histories.

I guess online dating works for some people. Certainly not for me.

crackhead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
without having any experience actually dating someone met on one of those sites and trying not to have a negative attitude and attempting to think as objectively as possible,

there's no bombass gorgeous amazing women happy with themselves that wanna meet dudes from the internet

it shouldn't be like that, and the internet is very young still and this will probly change in the future

because on paper, the internet has the potential to find people with similar interests, which is just huge because you could meet people that you never would have otherwise...

but i think it's still 'looked down upon' by most people, and the people that it will most likely attract are people more on the desperate tip and unhappy or unsatisfied with themselves and their situation

mikezal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, man to each his own, in my expereince with meeting girls off the internet, it has been mixed at best. But over the years I have meet tons of girls off the net, I got what I wanted from most, and honestly I made some cool freinds who I hang out with every now and then, 1 serious relationship. Its an easy way to meet people, if your moving from one town to another, which did when I moved to pa from tx, although the aol personals we free at the time, which seemed more popular, I had tons of response at the time. The day Arrived here in pa, I had about 10-15 girls waiting to be scheduled in to meet me. Also during snow storms or other times when you just have some time to kill.

Technocrap

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm using it and have approx $100,000 salary checked on. But still no luck. 477 view and 4 replies. I think that the problem is that
a lot of guys are out there and a girl I know get about 200 replies per 3 day spread. So there you go. But I use matchclick and get more luck but I dont live in the US where girls seem to value high earners more than UK girls. I get US girls interested in me but no too many UK ones!

Interesting because I wonder if I'm not getting replies because of the fact that there are so many people or they just dont like my photo!

My friend had a good point the world is a big place go somewhere where the girls appreciate what you got or who you are.

Technocrap

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actual what quite interesting is I wonder if someone could get the stats of them and see what really works! Is every guy getting
1% hit?

I've been tempted to change a few attributes to see what works.

I still think that it worth using because it does bring in a few luck opportunities that you would never have access to normally.

It only take one good one to come in and your set.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotten quite a few replies actually. Probably something like 35-40 in the past six months. What you look like is going to have a huge bearing on how many responses you get. But even the good looking ones screw up by making their profile typical to everybody else's. Check out my profile on match.com, the name is BlitzForce45. I went off on a rant about destiny, and put the idea in their heads that if they e-mail me it might just be the way we were supposed to meet. Check it out.

The thing that I've noticed is, I've ALSO gotten many responses on AIM because I made my match.com screen name the same as my AIM name. That way if people didn't pay the match.com fee, and they were smart enough (which MANY were), they would put me on their AIM buddy list and IM me for free. That is how I met the girl I'm seeing right now. She is AWESOME. She is attractive, a lot of fun, and bi-sexual.

What I've noticed is that the girls who are willing to pay for that are generally girls with low self-esteem, or that are too ugly to meet guys in real life. There are some good looking ones on there too, but they don't pay because they don't HAVE to. They get offered dates in the real world for free.

-Blitz

Ramin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Blitz, Bro...

I agree with you, Blitz. How you look does have a big impact on the number of responses from attractive ladies you can get on Match.com. Looks become more important than in the real world because you can't charm a woman with the sound of your voice, mannerisms etc. I've done alright with personals but not as well as you have. I've gotten about 20 responses in 6 months when using Match.com and I've only been attracted to a few of the girls. I'm seeing one tomorrow. She's a sweetie. I read your profile and saw your pics, dude, and you have that "All American" look which probably gets you a lot more responses than I can get. What you wrote is pretty smooth too, bro.

Creative writing usually only gets you points if the girl likes your pics! The combo is what is deadly.

Check out what I wrote. I think it's unique. My profile is Ramin299. I come across pretty good, I think.

Ramin

"I love women"

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like xblitz44x used ALOT of NLP in his ad. I almost sent him an e-mail after I read his ad :D

I'm sending this thread to the huge online personal thread though...

You can get a lot of pointers from this thread. You are basically advertising yourself. The best way to get alot of responses is to sell the product (you). Tell the truth but sell your strong points.

Can you dance? Then sell that. List the music that you like, books, movies. Chances are someone will have the same interests.